Page all of 3 123>
Topic Options
#8543071 - 02/04/16 10:55 AM Rich drunk dude actually pleads guilty
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Niagara Falls, ON
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/muzzo-plea-expected-1.3432991

Quote:

Marco Muzzo has pleaded guilty to four counts of impaired driving causing death and two counts of impaired driving causing bodily harm in the September crash in Vaughan, Ont., that killed three children and their grandfather.
■Marco Muzzo to plead guilty in Vaughan crash
■Family who lost 3 kids, granddad 'utterly decimated'

Muzzo entered his plea this morning in a Newmarket, Ont., court.

​Muzzo was driving an SUV that collided with a minivan carrying six members of the Neville-Lake family on Sept. 27. Daniel, 9, Harrison, 5, Milly, 2, and 65-year-old Gary Neville died.

The children's grandmother and great-grandmother were also seriously injured in the crash.

In entering his plea this morning, Muzzo agreed to a statement of the following facts that was read in court:
■The SUV Muzzo was driving was travelling 85 kilometres an hour when it drove through a stop sign and struck the Neville-Lakes's minivan.
■​His blood-alcohol content at the time of crash ranged from 0.19 to 0.25 per cent, which is two to three times the legal limit in Ontario.
■Police officers who interviewed Muzzo at the scene said he smelled of alcohol, his eyes were glassy, and he tried to use the car to keep his balance. He was also unable to understand instructions from the officers.
■Traffic and weather conditions were not a factor in the crash.

Bail conditions

Muzzo's lawyer Brian Greenspan argued that his client should be released on "strict terms" until sentencing takes place on Feb. 23 and possibly Feb. 24. The Crown agreed to the following bail conditions, but they still must be approved by the judge. They include:
■Payment of $1 million in bail.
■No contact with any member of the Neville-Lake family.
■He must not apply for travel documents.
■He's not allowed to operate a motor vehicle.
■He must abstain from alcohol and live with his mother.
■Curfew between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. ET

Greenspan said earlier that Muzzo "has accepted full responsibility and accountability for his conduct and the devastating consequences of that conduct."

Jennifer Neville-Lake and her husband, Edward Lake, parents of the three children who died in the crash, were at the courthouse this morning.

Muzzo's mother Dawn was also in court.

Muzzo appeared in court in handcuffs and wore a black suit. He did not look at his family as he sat in the prisoner's box

#8543101 - 02/04/16 11:12 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Violent Spectre]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Well with overwhelming evidence it's no surprise. Now let's see what the actual sentencing is. He made a deal with crown so it will probably be a slap on the wrist sadly.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8543147 - 02/04/16 11:25 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Hatorade]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
Didn't they already announce he would take a plea ?

Finally some details though. (He actually ran the stop sign )

#8543234 - 02/04/16 12:00 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Hatorade]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Hatorade
Well with overwhelming evidence it's no surprise. Now let's see what the actual sentencing is. He made a deal with crown so it will probably be a slap on the wrist sadly.

Unfortunately I agree. He'll get some bullshit sentence.

#8543316 - 02/04/16 12:34 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Violent Spectre]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

What's bullshit?
Why are you so set on an American style justice system? That shit doesn't work and costs way to much.

#8543405 - 02/04/16 01:18 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Euphoricuck]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
He killed 4 people and will likely serve under 10 years. So minus the time he has been in custody he'll probably serve 5 years with 'good' behaviour LOL. Yay justice!!! /disclaimer - just my guess

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8543414 - 02/04/16 01:23 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Euphoricuck]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Euphoric
What's bullshit?
Why are you so set on an American style justice system? That shit doesn't work and costs way to much.

Because he killed 4 people, 3 of which are children, and seriously hurt 2 others because he couldn't take a cab or have someone else drive him. In this day and age there is absolutely no reason for this to happen.

#8543477 - 02/04/16 01:57 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Violent Spectre]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Violent Spectre
In this day and age there is absolutely no reason for this to happen.

#8543481 - 02/04/16 02:01 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Euphoricuck]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

So you're ok with drunk drivers then?

#8543548 - 02/04/16 02:34 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Euphoricuck]
titty sprinkles Online   pandAr
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario

just curious how do you disagree with this? or just trolololoing

Edited by titty sprinkles (02/04/16 02:34 PM)

#8543585 - 02/04/16 02:53 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Violent Spectre]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

ya thats exactly what I said.

what kind of mommyblog bullshit is "in this day and age there is absolutely no reason for this to happen". wtf does that even mean.
Last I checked people are still free to make their own choices in life. Sometimes not very good ones. Nowhere am I defending his actions. He thought he could manage and it turned out very bad for another family(and even him). Now he has to live with that forever regardless of where that is. In jail(on our dime) or on some trust fund estate.

Just tired of everyone thinking we need to drastically increase our sentencing to US style levels like that is the answer to any of these potential issues. Its not an answer and it will just increase the tax payers burden.

This isnt saudi where we have an eye for an eye. Nor should we ever turn into that. A civilized society is educated enough to clue in that most of these people need a combination of things. Which imo includes some jail time, loss of some privileges(depending on what happened),education and most of all rehabilitation. Not just toss them in prison for 60 yrs.

Of course there are huge variances depending on what example you want to talk about. But in this case it was an accident. He made poor choices that led to it. He didnt wake up that morning intending to kill anybody. Some make the argument that as soon as you drive drunk that = intention. I don't think its that black and white and would need to be assessed on a case by case basis.

Without infringing more on our "freedoms" people are still left to make their own choices. If they were serious about preventing this, they would put in breathalyzer lock outs on every car manufactured. But they won't do that. So yes, in this day and age there is still a possibility of this happening. And it sucks. Increasing fines or jail time won't magically get the last percentages of people to comply. Education and changing mindsets are.
But there are always going to be people who push the limits. Fact of life. Stay awake out there.

#8543632 - 02/04/16 03:15 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Euphoricuck]
Post Master Supreme

what kind of mommyblog bullshit is "in this day and age there is absolutely no reason for this to happen". wtf does that even mean.
Last I checked people are still free to make their own choices in life. Sometimes not very good ones. Nowhere am I defending his actions. He thought he could manage and it turned out very bad for another family(and even him). Now he has to live with that forever regardless of where that is. In jail(on our dime) or on some trust fund estate.

Just tired of everyone thinking we need to drastically increase our sentencing to US style levels like that is the answer to any of these potential issues. Its not an answer and it will just increase the tax payers burden.

This isnt saudi where we have an eye for an eye. Nor should we ever turn into that. A civilized society is educated enough to clue in that most of these people need a combination of things. Which imo includes some jail time, loss of some privileges(depending on what happened),education and most of all rehabilitation. Not just toss them in prison for 60 yrs.

Of course there are huge variances depending on what example you want to talk about. But in this case it was an accident. He made poor choices that led to it. He didnt wake up that morning intending to kill anybody.

Without infringing more on our "freedoms" people are still left to make their own choices. If they were serious about preventing this, they would put in breathalyzer lock outs on every car manufactured. But they won't do that. So yes, in this day and age there is still a possibility of this happening. And it sucks. Increasing fines or jail time won't magically get the last percentages of compliance. There are going to be people who push the limits. Fact of life. Stay awake out there.

it means exactly that, in this day and age there are more than enough resources to get home when your drinking than driving yourself. it shouldn't be a question of how you can manage it should be a yes or no to drive if you've been drinking.

i agree on being a burden on tax payers money but shit, what isn't a burden on tax payer's money? (see 1 million spent on pizza )

some may argue that drunk driving in an extreme case like this could be premeditated. i'm sure that at some point he knew that he was drinking hard, got sloshy and decided to keep drinking. If he ment to get behind the wheel or not who knows, but accident? i wouldn't call it that.

Edited by titty sprinkles (02/04/16 04:48 PM)

#8543740 - 02/04/16 04:30 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: titty sprinkles]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles

Of course there are huge variances depending on what example you want to talk about. But in this case it was an accident. He made poor choices that led to it. He didnt wake up that morning intending to kill anybody.

Without infringing more on our "freedoms" people are still left to make their own choices. If they were serious about preventing this, they would put in breathalyzer lock outs on every car manufactured. But they won't do that. So yes, in this day and age there is still a possibility of this happening. And it sucks. Increasing fines or jail time won't magically get the last percentages of compliance. There are going to be people who push the limits. Fact of life. Stay awake out there.

it means exactly that, in this day and age there are more than enough resources to get home when your drinking than driving yourself. it shouldn't be a question of how you can manage it should be a yes or no to drive if you've been drinking.

i agree on being a burden on tax payers money but shit, what isn't a burden on tax payer's money? (see 1 million spent on pizza )

some may argue that drunk driving in an extreme case like this could premeditated. i'm sure that at some point he knew that he was drinking hard, got sloshy and decided to keep drinking. If he ment to get behind the wheel or not who knows, but accident? i wouldn't call it that.

Exactly what I meant. Calling this an accident is just wrong. He was impaired, plain and simple.

You can't tell me that if practically your entire immediate family is wiped out by a drunk driver you're just going to say meh, it was an accident so don't be too harsh on him. He knew he was drunk when he got behind the wheel, he knew what could happen and he did it anyway.

There are so many fucking options aside from driving drunk. Uber, cab, friend, train...no excuse.

Maybe drastically increasing the punishment for drinking and driving might help decrease how often if happens. I'm sorry but if something like this happens and I know I'm getting 25 years for it, you're fucking right that I'm finding another way home.

#8543771 - 02/04/16 05:03 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Violent Spectre]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Just because you or I (or almost everyone ) would use other tools doesn't mean 100% will. That's my point.
Like I finished up with ,there will always be people pushing limits (boundaries). Always. So best you or I can do.is to stay alert when driving.
You will never get 100% compliance no matter what the consequences are.

I didn't say they shouldn't be "harsh" on him. I said increasing penalties is not a deterrent to these types of people. Or to those who have a lapse in judgement. So stop calling for them. We aren't the USA. Nor should we copy a failure system like theirs.

Saying things like this shouldn't happen these days is unrealistic silliness. As unfortunate as it is.

This guy is likely mentally fucked for life. So why put more burden on us to pay for it. He may get to live but will he really be living after this ?

I'd call it an accident. He sure didn't take steps to help prevent it but it's an accident nonetheless. In the realm of possibilities it coulve happened drunk or not. Calling it an accident doesn't downplay what happened imo.

He should get some jail time that's for sure. But I see no benefit to anyone by having some crazy long sentence.
I think it will take a lot for him to not kill himself.

#8543850 - 02/04/16 05:47 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Violent Spectre]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

I'm sorry but if something like this happens and I know I'm getting 25 years for it, you're fucking right that I'm finding another way home.
oh, so because sentences are "too low" right now, you are ok with pushing the limits?
But make it 25 yrs and that would finally convince you not to drink and drive?

#8543948 - 02/04/16 07:06 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Euphoricuck]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
I get what you're saying, but him having to "live" with the burden of killing these people is pretty low on my list of concerns. I understand that there needs to be a rehabilitation element in our justice system, but I personally feel that we've completely lost the punishment angle. People need to pay for their crimes. And harsh crimes should equal harsh punishments.

Let see what the actual sentence turns out to be before we get all upset.

#8543963 - 02/04/16 07:16 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Euphoricuck]
Post Master Supreme

I'm sorry but if something like this happens and I know I'm getting 25 years for it, you're fucking right that I'm finding another way home.
oh, so because sentences are "too low" right now, you are ok with pushing the limits?

it's true doe. you have to admit, it kinda worked with the entire 50km/h street racing bullshit they brought. i know a lot more people who stopped street racing and doing hwy pulls because they are fucked if they get caught; instead of a wreckless driving that you can plead down to a speeding ticket like back in the day.

#8544025 - 02/04/16 08:23 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Violent Spectre]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

HERE HERE!

We have education. We have alternatives. We have social networks, that you can use when you need a ride. The only people who still drive drunk are sociopathic douchebags!

#8544026 - 02/04/16 08:23 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: titty sprinkles]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

So you drink and drive?

And no it didn't do anything for 50 over. People get nabbed all the time for it. And it does nothing for safety. It's just a cash grab. The law was perfectly fine before.

#8544060 - 02/04/16 09:00 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: 4Three]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

I'm not concerned about it. Just that itself is a form of punishment.

#8544061 - 02/04/16 09:00 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Euphoricuck]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Actually you're right on this. Studies have shown that a bigger sentence is not a deterent. People don't actualyl think: "Hmmm... the sentence is too much if I drink and drive." Last time I got drunk, I called Uber and had my friend drive me back to the sports bar to get my car the next day. Not once did the drunk driving penalty cross my mind.

#8544063 - 02/04/16 09:06 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: titty sprinkles]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles

it's true doe. you have to admit, it kinda worked with the entire 50km/h street racing bullshit they brought. i know a lot more people who stopped street racing and doing hwy pulls because they are fucked if they get caught; instead of a wreckless driving that you can plead down to a speeding ticket like back in the day.

Actually, that's a generational thing. My generation doesn't really street race. Not as much as you guys in your 30s and 40s did. I remember the news reports of hundreds of cars in some strip mall that went out to do some street racing in some Industrial sector. But now that most of you guys have kids, jobs, wives and houses; you've got better things to do on a Saturday night than hang out and street race.

50 over penalty didn't do a thing against street racing. More non street racers got caught than actual street racers.

I see cars fly by me on the 407 everyday that are probably going 150 or more. No street racing, just lead foot!

#8544094 - 02/04/16 10:05 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Just A Troll]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: Just A Troll

Actually, that's a generational thing. My generation doesn't really street race. Not as much as you guys in your 30s and 40s did. I remember the news reports of hundreds of cars in some strip mall that went out to do some street racing in some Industrial sector. But now that most of you guys have kids, jobs, wives and houses; you've got better things to do on a Saturday night than hang out and street race.

50 over penalty didn't do a thing against street racing. More non street racers got caught than actual street racers.

I see cars fly by me on the 407 everyday that are probably going 150 or more. No street racing, just lead foot!

Edited by Screamin DC2R (02/04/16 10:06 PM)

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8544247 - 02/05/16 05:05 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
Euphoric, ->
Guys kills 4 people, its okay, he just had a lapse in judgement, don't treat him too harshly.
Here's the thing, he knew, or ought to have known that getting behind the wheel after drinking could result in killing 4 people. Thats why people say "in this day and age, this should not happen". Not only that, there are no mitigating factors, he could afford a cab, hell, he could afford a helicopter to come and pick him up. Calling it pushing the boundaries is a cop out.

Okay, you don't want to pay for him in a jail for the rest of your life, bring back the death penalty. Its appropriate in a case like this. This ain't no making of a murderer, there is 100% absolute certainty he did it.

#8544297 - 02/05/16 07:50 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Euphoricuck]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Totally missed the point of what I was saying. First off, no I do not drive drunk or in any way condone it(obviously). What I was trying to get across is that most people, especially if it's a first offence will generally get off with a slap on the wrist, so it's not much of a deterrent. However if they know that they will lose half their life in a jail cell then maybe they might weigh their options.

And really, how do we know that harsher punishments for this type of crime wouldn't help bring the numbers down? It's never happened before so there is no way to properly judge it.

#8544298 - 02/05/16 07:52 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
ru4real Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canuckistan
Eupohric, I have to completely disagree with you in this thread. Let me paint a picture of why...

Let's say that I walked into a mall and just started randomly firing a gun. Not shooting at anyone, and not with the intent to kill anyone, but I "accidentally" kill 3 kids and their grandfather. What do you think I would happen? I think I would and should spend the rest of my life in prison in that case.

I see this Muzzo case no differently. He did something incredibly stupid that had a high likelihood of killing people. Then he killed some people. I hope that piece of shit spends the vast majority of the rest of his life behind bars. I don't care about the expense. I don't care about his mental anguish over it. I don't care about rehabilitating him. I just want him to rot like the self centered piece of shit he is.

#8544312 - 02/05/16 08:09 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: ru4real]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
 Originally Posted By: ru4real
Eupohric, I have to completely disagree with you in this thread. Let me paint a picture of why...

Let's say that I walked into a mall and just started randomly firing a gun. Not shooting at anyone, and not with the intent to kill anyone, but I "accidentally" kill 3 kids and their grandfather. What do you think I would happen? I think I would and should spend the rest of my life in prison in that case.

I see this Muzzo case no differently. He did something incredibly stupid that had a high likelihood of killing people. Then he killed some people. I hope that piece of shit spends the vast majority of the rest of his life behind bars. I don't care about the expense. I don't care about his mental anguish over it. I don't care about rehabilitating him. I just want him to rot like the self centered piece of shit he is.

#8544512 - 02/05/16 10:00 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Violent Spectre]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany

So you're ok with drunk drivers then?

he endorses people breaking the law or above the law. ignore the troll.

#8544625 - 02/05/16 10:41 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: c2k]
ru4real Offline
Post Master Supreme

Impaired driving causing bodily harm

(2) Everyone who commits an offence under paragraph 253(1)(a) and causes bodily harm to another person as a result is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than 10 years.

Impaired driving causing death

(3) Everyone who commits an offence under paragraph 253(1)(a) and causes the death of another person as a result is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for life.

Sounds like he should be going to prison for 20 years + 4 x life sentences. Let's see how much of a deal they gave him.

#8544634 - 02/05/16 10:47 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: ru4real]
ru4real Offline
Post Master Supreme

Also, lol @ the idea of him riding home in an uber car. His family is worth 1.8 BILLION, and he was driving home from the airport, where he had just landed in a private jet from Miami. Dude should have just had a driver.

EDIT: here's the rest of the article:

Quote:
"This is not only routine, this would have happened with virtually anyone who had any roots in the community regardless of status, regardless of any other issue," Greenspan told reporters shortly after Muzzo left the court with his fiancée. Muzzo's mother, Dawn, was also in court.

Greenspan said Muzzo "has accepted full responsibility and accountability for his conduct and the devastating consequences of that conduct."

He did not say what sentence he would be seeking for his client.

Muzzo appeared in court in handcuffs and wore a black suit. He didn't look at his family as he sat in the prisoner's box.

He nodded and murmured in agreement when asked if he understood the consequences of his plea.

Muzzo family wealthy

The Muzzo family, one of Canada's wealthiest, released a statement after their son's arrest saying they were "greatly
saddened" by the tragedy and expressed their "deepest sympathy" to the Neville-Lake family.

The family owns the drywall company Marel Contractors and is worth almost $1.8 billion, according to Canadian Business magazine.

Muzzo had returned from a trip to Miami on a private jet on the day of the crash, landing at Toronto's Pearson airport around 3:15 p.m., according to an agreed statement of fact read in court.

He picked up his Jeep from the airport parking lot and drove off, court heard.

Shortly afterward, he drove through a stop sign, hitting the driver's side of the minivan carrying the Neville-Lake family.

It was only after he arrived at the police station that Muzzo learned the four had died, court heard.

Edited by ru4real (02/05/16 10:48 AM)

#8544754 - 02/05/16 11:45 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: ru4real]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Where did I say to not treat him harshly ? Please quote me.

And no I didn't miss your point. People don't think about jail sentences when they are willfully commuting a crime or have a lapse in judgement. It's not a detterant.

And based off your example and stance we all know you are OK with drunk driving. The penalties are "too low "

I agree he should've had a car waiting.or the very least grab an airport limo.
But don't agree with your gun example.

I see 5 yrs tops for this....but we will see.

#8544950 - 02/05/16 01:08 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
 Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R

LMAO.

#8544957 - 02/05/16 01:10 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Euphoricuck]
ru4real Offline
Post Master Supreme

Where did I say to not treat him harshly ? Please quote me.
 Originally Posted By: Hatorade

Unfortunately I agree. He'll get some bullshit sentence.
What's bullshit?

#8544968 - 02/05/16 01:14 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: ru4real]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Ru4real?

That's a seperate concept.
nor am I saying he shouldn't be punished to the full extent of our laws.

#8544974 - 02/05/16 01:17 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Euphoricuck]
ru4real Offline
Post Master Supreme

Ru4real?

That's a seperate concept.
nor am I saying he shouldn't be punished to the full extent of our laws.
So you agree that he should get 4 x life sentences + 20 years? E.g. he should never be out of jail again for the rest of his life?

#8545109 - 02/05/16 02:13 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: ru4real]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

I think multiple convictions/sentences are served concurrently here in Canada, so he would still do a minimal amount of time compared to rotting in jail forever for multiple sentences.

In reality, will this guy losing his licenece, job, some years in jail really effect him like a normal person anyway? Nope. He'd grow old sitting around the house on the familys money. This happened to any of us normal people, we would be fucked after we got out. Hell, Id lose my job if I even had my licenece taken away, nevermind going to jail.

#8545147 - 02/05/16 02:29 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: The Postman]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

rotting in jail or rotting at home. whats the difference?
On the families dime...even better. This will financially cost them forever if hes at home. Not so much if hes in jail. Then that burden would be shifted to us.

If this kid has any normalcy about him(and he probably does) his brain will be locked up forever with this regardless of where his physical body loafs around.

After prison time, can't get a job, can't drive, potential mental issues to deal with, limited travel options(countries wont typical let you into their country with that kind of record)... will he really be "Free"?
Being out and around people who can live a normal life but you can't. Id almost say thats worse than being removed from the situation where you don't have to see it or think about it. Potentially a worse form of mental torture?

#8545287 - 02/05/16 03:48 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Euphoricuck]
ru4real Offline
Post Master Supreme

rotting in jail or rotting at home. whats the difference?
On the families dime...even better. This will financially cost them forever if hes at home. Not so much if hes in jail. Then that burden would be shifted to us.

If this kid has any normalcy about him(and he probably does) his brain will be locked up forever with this regardless of where his physical body loafs around.

After prison time, can't get a job, can't drive, potential mental issues to deal with, limited travel options(countries wont typical let you into their country with that kind of record)... will he really be "Free"?
Being out and around people who can live a normal life but you can't. Id almost say thats worse than being removed from the situation where you don't have to see it or think about it. Potentially a worse form of mental torture?
Sorry to be rude with this response, but fuck right off. $1.8 billion will go a long way to ensuring he lives a "normal" (normal for him anyway) life once he gets out of prison.

#8545288 - 02/05/16 03:49 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: ru4real]
ru4real Offline
Post Master Supreme

I think the only way he could redeem himself in my eyes is if/when he gets out of prison he dedicates his life and what fortune he has access to to combating drunk driving and supporting the families of victims.
#8545294 - 02/05/16 03:58 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: ru4real]
Post Master Supreme

LOL more like living in a mansion and ordering hookers every day.

#8545315 - 02/05/16 04:16 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: ru4real]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

youre not putting any thought into this. What kind of "normal" life can you live when you are limited to where and what you can do? (on top of dealing with the fact you wiped out most of a family).
1.8 bil means nothing if youre stuck to your home or same place week after week while likely being depressed over what you did.
At least they will pay to house and feed him.
Watching my father rot away with ALS(at home), and being laid off for an extended period of time sure changed my view on life and what "living" actually means.

Again, that doesnt mean he shouldnt get jail time. He will, and I agree with that. But when its not a 350 year sentence. I wont cry. Probably 5 year(with a max of 10 but not likely to see that imo). I would be blown away if it was 20 yrs+.
And moving beyond that, he is likely going to be battling with this mentally forever. Likely to his detriment. Probably come to find he OD's later in life.

Prison isnt a country club, but it sure isnt anything like the movies portray. So after spending some time in prison would it be beneficial to keep him there forever? or send him packing with restrictions on how he can " live" moving forward and give him some chance at receiving rehabilitation/education/a chance to share his story and educate others?
What he did sucks beyond what most of us could understand, but the guy isnt a serial killer or terrorist.

It costs like 100k+ a yr to have 1 adult in jail.

#8545400 - 02/05/16 05:25 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Euphoricuck]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

we should get him to sign up here

#8545452 - 02/05/16 06:30 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Euphoricuck]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

The best we can hope for is that Bubba will make him his bitch on day one.

#8545629 - 02/05/16 09:01 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Just A Troll]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

I honestly feel this guy should just end his life for the sake of everyone. A few good points mentioned, he will never be the same, more jail time won't do shit for him, but he will still exist within us regardless.

Drinking and driving will never go away regardless of penalties simply for the fact that when you make the decision to drive you are already intoxicated and cannot reason as you would when you were sober, sure we can argue you should've figured it out before you got drunk, but i am not one to dig deep down the rabbit hole for stupidity. We need a new strategy to deal with this shit because any drunk coming out of a bar/club/friend house/private jet will not be thinking about drunk driving or its consequences because you are already fucked up. We need a different approach that's more proactive than reactive to stop this.

#8545684 - 02/05/16 09:48 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

This guy is a victim of circumstance, while I don't think drinking and driving should lead to death...the way things happened this guy still killed 4 people (worst part being 3 were children) he doesn't deserve to live another day imo.

It wasn't premeditated it was careless and many of us have been careless but the outcome of his actions really should be the end of his life regardless. I don't see how you give peace to the family that's holding the short end of this stick. Sure he will be miserable forever, a bit of jail time and some house arrest, but given the grief he has caused I hope for the victim's family this guy gets taken away (death - how he is dead is irrelevant as long as he is dead). Maybe I am old fashioned, but that little bit of peace ti gives the parents will be well worth it over the long haul.

#8545753 - 02/05/16 11:21 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Risky Business]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Great points. Better than Facebook esque commentary

#8604336 - 03/29/16 10:18 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Euphoricuck]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Sentenced to 10 years in prison.

Also banned for driving for 12 years once he gets out.

#8604354 - 03/29/16 10:32 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Was watching cp24 yesterday.
They were at 8 yrs. Crown at 12.

#8604364 - 03/29/16 10:39 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Euphoricuck]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

We need to put $$$ on if the fiancé will be around after he gets out.
#8604372 - 03/29/16 10:45 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

I imagine she'll be around... a stripper pole.
#8604391 - 03/29/16 11:07 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Probably worth it for her to stick around...and also have a Tinder account for those cold winters nights.
#8604427 - 03/29/16 11:28 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: eddie_82
Sentenced to 10 years in prison.

Also banned for driving for 12 years once he gets out.

I wonder how much time he will actually serve.

#8604434 - 03/29/16 11:40 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Risky Business]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Was he serving any time now that he would get double credit for?
#8604438 - 03/29/16 11:44 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
He'd likely get paroled after 3 years in prison.

from the star:

Muzzo has spent most of the time since the crash in custody, although he was granted bail for about three weeks following his Feb. 4 guilty plea.

With credit for time already served, Muzzo’s sentence will amount to nine years and four months.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2016/03/29/marco-muzzo-sentencing.html

#8604542 - 03/29/16 12:50 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: c2k]
jesguerra Offline
Jr Poster

Will he be in PC his entire sentence? I'm sure he'll get murdered at some point. Well I hope anyways...
#8604608 - 03/29/16 01:27 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Just A Troll]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

As I said before:

After a year of that, he'll probably want to hang himself.

#8605081 - 03/29/16 07:54 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: A2B-Lexus]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
 Originally Posted By: A2B-Lexus
We need to put $$$ on if the fiancé will be around after he gets out.

Getting married into a family worth billions which she'll become an heiress to that mountain of gold? 10 years' wait is worth it.

What other job can you pull to get that much $ in 10 years?
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#8605082 - 03/29/16 07:54 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Just A Troll]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
As I said before:

Probably spend 3 years or less.

There will be no bubba, with the amount of money this guy has, he will probably get sent to a white collar prison. And i'm sure he can buy his way out of Bubba's rage.

#8605126 - 03/29/16 08:19 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: OracerO]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

people keep throwing this money thing around like that was what his sentencing was based on, and not on previous case law.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3REIGAl0Gdo

#8605152 - 03/29/16 08:40 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Euphoricuck]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
I'd like to stay home and order hookers, just sayin'

#8605187 - 03/29/16 09:05 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: LNXGUY]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

http://globalnews.ca/news/2537289/marco-...rison-sentence/

#8605375 - 03/30/16 07:30 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: OracerO]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Originally Posted By: OracerO
As I said before:

There will be no bubba, with the amount of money this guy has, he will probably get sent to a white collar prison. And i'm sure he can buy his way out of Bubba's rage.

FUCK!

#8605380 - 03/30/16 07:39 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Just A Troll]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Wtf is a white collar prison?
#8605382 - 03/30/16 07:40 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Risky Business]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Risky Business

forced to be on CSI everyday in an office environment....oh wait....

#8605385 - 03/30/16 07:42 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

#8605387 - 03/30/16 07:44 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Risky Business]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

in other news, Gomeshi's lawyer would get it....

#8605388 - 03/30/16 07:48 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Euphoricuck]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

http://globalnews.ca/news/2537289/marco-muzzo-why-a-similar-case-attracted-an-8-year-prison-sentence/

Great article. Ive never heard of a few of those.

There was this case too
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/4-years-for-drunk-driver-in-pie-ladies-deaths-1.850534
and the driver out of jail already.

#8605391 - 03/30/16 07:52 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Risky Business]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

Beavercreek in Gravenhurst. Lots of impaired drivers, dealers, theives, etc.

#8605468 - 03/30/16 09:45 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Risky Business]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

#8605726 - 03/30/16 11:10 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Just A Troll]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

An in-depth opinion piece here:
http://racingnorth.ca/2016/03/29/in-marco-muzzo-sentencing-canadas-legal-system-failed-all-of-us/

#8605735 - 03/30/16 11:16 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Meh

#8607118 - 03/31/16 09:55 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R
in other news, Gomeshi's lawyer would get it....

Agreed. Here is an interview with her and Peter Mansbridge after the trial http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2686104254/

#8608438 - 04/01/16 09:06 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

https://beccaohandley.wordpress.com/2016/03/30/marco-muzzo-how-i-feel/

#8608932 - 04/01/16 01:45 PM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Euphoricuck]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

I agree with 100% of what was written, always have since the beginning of the trial.

#8610160 - 04/03/16 09:57 AM Re: Rich drunk dude actually pleasd guilty [Re: Euphoricuck]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

I don't for one simple reason, he's had multiple dui's prior when he shouldn't because he has the funds to afford a taxi, uber or pay a buddy to drop him home. Stay in a hotel etc. To actively repeatedly make that choice is what irks me.

Basically its says to me that I can do as I please until someone calls me on my shit. I don't think he's a monster, but for someone as educated as him I find such little reasoning as to his repeated bad choices.

Page all of 3 123>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads