Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8446613 - 11/19/15 07:16 AM Ontario is Wynning!!! - Yaaaaay!
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/11/...ing-report.html

Quote:

Job seekers beware: if you’re looking for work in Ontario, hunker down for a long wait. And if you’re lucky enough to snag something, get ready to work for the bare minimum.

Ontario now boasts the highest proportion of minimum wage workers in Canada and one of the worst rates of long-term unemployment in the country, according to a new report by an anti-poverty coalition representing 90 community and labour organizations across the province.

“Today, Ontario has slid to the bottom of the country, or near it, on key labour force measures,” says the study by the Ontario Common Front

Quote:

The report shows that Ontarians now pay more for health-care expenses than any other province. Funding per student for post-secondary education is the lowest in the country. Wait times for affordable housing and long-term care are the longest nationwide, and child-care costs are the highest.

According to the study, the province has lost almost 318,000 manufacturing jobs since 2000, resulting in a shift to typically low-wage, non-unionized work like retail jobs. Simultaneously, the report finds that almost 12 per cent of the Ontario workforce is now being paid minimum wage, currently set at $11.25. That’s the highest proportion in Canada, which has a national average of around 7 per cent.

#8446636 - 11/19/15 07:49 AM Re: Ontario is Wynning!!! - Yaaaaay! [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
hold on while i

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8446639 - 11/19/15 07:50 AM Re: Ontario is Wynning!!! - Yaaaaay! [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

And this is a report from the Liberal red rag, it is worse than this for sure
#8446695 - 11/19/15 08:42 AM Re: Ontario is Wynning!!! - Yaaaaay! [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
so how do we get out of this hole we've been dug into?

#8446887 - 11/19/15 10:13 AM Re: Ontario is Wynning!!! - Yaaaaay! [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Originally Posted By: Simon_the_Pieman
so how do we get out of this hole we've been dug into?

Stop electing governments that tax and spend. Start electing governments whom's primary concern is to make Ontario the center of Canadian economy once more.

Simple case: Why be so worried about sex education in elementary schools when you won't have enough money to put clothes on your kids back?

#8446893 - 11/19/15 10:17 AM Re: Ontario is Wynning!!! - Yaaaaay! [Re: Just A Troll]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Thing is Hudak said he was going to chop 100k jobs from the bloated public service. People didn't want to hear it was necessary to go back to 2009 levels.
We don't really have good choices either. Either the corrupt liberals with scandal after scandal, or the conservatives who favour large corporations and the concentration of wealth.

#8446922 - 11/19/15 10:35 AM Re: Ontario is Wynning!!! - Yaaaaay! [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Well, you never get elected by telling people you're going to fire them. Hudak was being an idiot! That's also why he's no longer the leader.

But right now, we've got a corrupt and incompetant government that's burning billions. Just like Canada was sick of Harper's decade long bullshit, Ontario is really sick of the Liberals bullshit too.

If the conservatives can get a better leader than Brown, whom I don't think is up to the task, they'll be in. Ontario may repeat the 1990 election next time and simply say no to both Liberals and Conservatives. I may have to toss my vote to the NDP in disgust of the 2 main parties!

#8447587 - 11/19/15 04:13 PM Re: Ontario is Wynning!!! - Yaaaaay! [Re: Just A Troll]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Go on reddit toronto. You'll see a good majority ofnthem are very pleased w the liberals. DESPITE of them selling hydro one.

#8448096 - 11/19/15 08:57 PM Re: Ontario is Wynning!!! - Yaaaaay! [Re: c2k]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Reddit or even this board is a very poor sampling of the population. So far I've been hearing a lot of "Buyers remorse" from media outlets in regards to Horse Face.

This sort of implies that the people who voted for her because they were afraid of Hudak are now regretting their decision.

That's sort of the thing with the Ont. Liberals: They say on thing and then do another.

#8448260 - 11/20/15 12:00 AM Re: Ontario is Wynning!!! - Yaaaaay! [Re: Just A Troll]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

ontario should focus on the tech industry... programming should be part of the curriculum

so much talent goes to the States

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on...rticle26349564/

#8448383 - 11/20/15 07:52 AM Re: Ontario is Wynning!!! - Yaaaaay! [Re: xza8]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Originally Posted By: xza8
ontario should focus on the tech industry... programming should be part of the curriculum

so much talent goes to the States

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on...rticle26349564/

Agreed. I could've went to Silicon Valley myself but I had an "in" that's hard to beat. Even in Silicon Valley.

Now I do mention that I have a mid-range 6 figure salary for my manager's position. But here's the thing: It's not that much higher than the six figure salaries our programmers get.

If we can stop thinking of ourselves as low-end blue collar ressource economy, we can have a more complete economy. I'm not talking about shifting all the efforts to a new sector, I'm talking about hedging your bets. When you have strengths in other areas of the economy, you're better able to survive when one sector tanks. America has that... we don't!

#8448407 - 11/20/15 08:13 AM Re: Ontario is Wynning!!! - Yaaaaay! [Re: Just A Troll]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Who are you again?
#8448660 - 11/20/15 10:54 AM Re: Ontario is Wynning!!! - Yaaaaay! [Re: Just A Troll]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
 Originally Posted By: Just A Troll

Now I do mention that I have a mid-range 6 figure salary for my manager's position.
of course you do

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads