Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8404704 - 10/16/15 11:25 AM does this look like a heart attack plot to you?
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nor Cal, Hella hurr durr

this is a 12x400m interval set

my prior max-ever measured HR was 177 [on a bike, in a headwind, trying really really hard]

did i nearly die? HRM error?

final 400m sprint, I was definitely working. Had hit ~160 low area earlier on 2 of these, and of course was 'going for it' on the last one

theoretically, my heart wouldnt be capable of this or at least not in the last 20 yrs lol

#8405006 - 10/16/15 03:06 PM Re: does this look like a heart attack plot to you? [Re: stickaz_old]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

this is srsbzness u guys

#8405100 - 10/16/15 04:06 PM Re: does this look like a heart attack plot to you? [Re: stickaz_old]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada
Is this you?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/600-...-weight-n398616

#8405123 - 10/16/15 04:26 PM Re: does this look like a heart attack plot to you? [Re: robbbby]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

isnt this the time of year where you just pretend to ride your bike?

#8405223 - 10/16/15 05:24 PM Re: does this look like a heart attack plot to you? [Re: stickaz_old]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Jayhawk Country
Max HRs are estimates. It might be error on the sensor. It might be that you're getting in better shape.

Max HR is a bit misleading, anyway. While it's true that the higher you can get your HR, the faster you'll be, what really matters is blood volume moved. It's entirely possible for someone with a bigger heart that can't beat quite as fast to beat someone with a heart that beats faster but moves less volume.

Take it as a good sign.

#8405230 - 10/16/15 05:30 PM Re: does this look like a heart attack plot to you? [Re: Silock]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

I take it as that looks like a potential arrythmic event \:\|

or hopefully HRM error

I can tell how fast I am [or am not] by PR attempts mostly

#8405259 - 10/16/15 06:18 PM Re: does this look like a heart attack plot to you? [Re: stickaz_old]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Jayhawk Country
It's most likely an error. HR monitors aren't super accurate when you're moving around. That's why when you get an EKG at the Dr. they tell you to lie absolutely still. Any movement can fuck with the reading, because electrical impulses sent to the muscles can interfere with the signal.
#8405554 - 10/17/15 12:15 PM Re: does this look like a heart attack plot to you? [Re: Silock]
SJP0tato Offline

Loc: Gilbert, Az
 Originally Posted By: Silock
It's most likely an error.

Sometimes mine will jump around if it gets loose/dry/moon phase/etc.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads