Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8268978 - 06/28/15 07:58 PM VIP theathers .... serving alcohol
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
Anyone been to those VIP theaters?

They serve you food and alcohol while seated in a couch like chair?

Just went last night. Took the g-unit out on a rare date (no time these days).

Two tickets $50
two drink $20$
One food item $10
--------------------
Total $80 approx

..... What's your thoughts on this?

THe food prices were not bad. IT was bar food prices. Drinks were inflated a bit, a pint of steamwhistle was 7$.

#8268982 - 06/28/15 08:01 PM Re: VIP theathers .... serving alcohol [Re: OracerO]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
i ONLY see movies in VIP now. it's more civilized, but when i saw Avengers at Yonge Dundas VIP, a few couples were getting wasted and talked through most of the movie.

i don't do the food but the ability to have booze, bigger seats, somewhere to put your shit and reserved seating, i'm all for it.

#8269014 - 06/28/15 08:51 PM Re: VIP theathers .... serving alcohol [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
I've got better things to do with $80 then watch a movie.

#8269034 - 06/28/15 09:06 PM Re: VIP theathers .... serving alcohol [Re: LNXGUY]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
was gonna go for Furious 7 and avengers, but didn't bother. but yeah $80 wtttfff...a bit steep.

do you have to buy food/drink?

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8269281 - 06/29/15 08:20 AM Re: VIP theathers .... serving alcohol [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Post Master Supreme

$80 for a night out FOR TWO with two drinks, food and a movie in a more comfortable seats.

it's not like he paid $80 to park in the parking lot. it's not THAT bad. It would've easily been $50/$60 anyways, for the extra 20, it's worth not having to race to your seats and deal with rif raffs asking if the seat next to you is taken.

#8269320 - 06/29/15 08:52 AM Re: VIP theathers .... serving alcohol [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Niagara Falls, ON
I've been a few times. It's worth it every once in a while because..dude you can drink a beer while watching a movie! I wouldn't do it every time.

Also, the arms between some of the seats fold up ;\) and are especially useful in the back row.

#8269322 - 06/29/15 08:55 AM Re: VIP theathers .... serving alcohol [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Last year we went to Varsity (Manulife building) and ended up in the VIP theatre, we walked in, took a look at the size of the screen and then switched tickets for 3d (which I hate). Not sure if it was redone recently but the screen was tiny in comparison to normal cinemas and was not worth the experience.

Now we just went to see Jurassic world at the Eglinton theatre on Friday and spent $24 on tickets and $30 on two bags of popcorn, 2 drinks and candy so I guess $80 in comparison is not too bad.

#8269323 - 06/29/15 08:56 AM Re: VIP theathers .... serving alcohol [Re: Big Tasty]
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Big Tasty
Last year we went to Varsity (Manulife building) and ended up in the VIP theatre, we walked in, took a look at the size of the screen and then switched tickets for 3d (which I hate). Not sure if it was redone recently but the screen was tiny in comparison to normal cinemas and was not worth the experience.

Now we just went to see Jurassic world at the Eglinton theatre on Friday and spent $24 on tickets and $30 on two bags of popcorn, 2 drinks and candy so I guess $80 in comparison is not too bad.

you need to go to the big box strip mall types theater to experience the REAL VIP i think. Queensway is my fave. Shops at Don Mills is ONLY VIP. Yonge Dundas is alright.

#8269335 - 06/29/15 09:07 AM Re: VIP theathers .... serving alcohol [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
it's for ballers.

#8269359 - 06/29/15 09:33 AM Re: VIP theathers .... serving alcohol [Re: c2k]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
#LAVISH

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8269525 - 06/29/15 11:09 AM Re: VIP theathers .... serving alcohol [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
It wasn't that bad for a night out. The food item was $10 (hopefully it wasn't a bag of popcorn), the $20 drinks, I am guessing it was a mixed drink. So all in all, comparable to your typical Jack Astors, Milestone restaurant.

You can save money at home by watching Netflix, different experience doe

#8269539 - 06/29/15 11:19 AM Re: VIP theathers .... serving alcohol [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

I've never been, it was my first time.

The food item was pulled pork poutine, it was ok. Not a large portion at all. Not worth the $$.

Got a mixed drink (g-unit) and beer (for me).

Originally Posted By: TheRealCSnapper
i ONLY see movies in VIP now. it's more civilized, but when i saw Avengers at Yonge Dundas VIP, a few couples were getting wasted and talked through most of the movie.

i don't do the food but the ability to have booze, bigger seats, somewhere to put your shit and reserved seating, i'm all for it.

I dont understand how you can get wasted at the theater? They order more than one drink? or pre-drink? or drink at the bar in the theater before entering?
This would make it an expensive night.

#8269545 - 06/29/15 11:22 AM Re: VIP theathers .... serving alcohol [Re: OracerO]
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: OracerO

The food item was pulled pork poutine, it was ok. Not a large portion at all. Not worth the $$.

I dont understand how you can get wasted at the theater? They order more than one drink? or pre-drink? or drink at the bar in the theater before entering?

i noticed that on our way out one couple had a bottle or 2 of wine, and another couple dudes had a pitcher or 2.

#8269573 - 06/29/15 11:33 AM Re: VIP theathers .... serving alcohol [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
I can see it for watching sports, but getting wasted while watching a movie (at home or at a theatre) sounds odd to me.
#8269793 - 06/29/15 01:01 PM Re: VIP theathers .... serving alcohol [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: OracerO

i noticed that on our way out one couple had a bottle or 2 of wine, and another couple dudes had a pitcher or 2.

Damn!

That's insane. Did they use the washroom a lot?

I only had one pint and watched Jurassic World, i was already stressing about using the washroom. Had to nurse the beer.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads