Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8225213 - 05/27/15 11:32 AM Get out of your 3 year wireless contract free?
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
I don't think it was discussed here and I just found this out yesterday.

Basically, if you've renewed or signed up for a 3 year wireless contract after December 2nd, 2013, you can exit the contract after the 2nd year without a penalty?

Good thing, because I was "forced" to sign up for 3 years when the 2 year contract rule was already in effect. Their excuse was my corporate plan didn't apply to the new regulations.

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t13.htm

No cancellation fees after 2 years

You can cancel your contract after 2 years with no cancellation fees – even if you have agreed to a longer term

Limit on data & roaming charges

Extra data charges and international data roaming charges are capped to prevent bill shock

Unlocked cellphones

You can have your cellphone unlocked after 90 days, or immediately if you paid for the device in full

Trial period

You can return your cellphone within 15 days, without penalty, if you are unhappy with your service

Clear language

Your contract and related documents must be provided to you in plain language

#8225578 - 05/27/15 03:11 PM Re: Get out of your 3 year wireless contract free? [Re: porschetr]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
What's the point for signing into a contract when it's cheaper in the long run to retain your plan and buy the phone outright?? It just baffles my mind that people do this. But nonetheless, Im curious of this thread outcome bc I do have a friend who is trying to get out of a contract with Bell and she wants to sign with Rogers 5gb, unlimited canada wide calling for 70 bucks.

#8225600 - 05/27/15 03:27 PM Re: Get out of your 3 year wireless contract free? [Re: c2k]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Because contracts never bothered me and you get to get new phones at discounted price?
I never had issues keeping the phone for 4-5 years I got with the contract. But this recent "Smart Phone" boom started pushing people to get new phones every couple of years.

#8225606 - 05/27/15 03:33 PM Re: Get out of your 3 year wireless contract free? [Re: porschetr]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
 Originally Posted By: porschetr
Because contracts never bothered me and you get to get new phones at discounted price?
I never had issues keeping the phone for 4-5 years I got with the contract. But this recent "Smart Phone" boom started pushing people to get new phones every couple of years.

And pay more monthly? That makes sense.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8225626 - 05/27/15 03:48 PM Re: Get out of your 3 year wireless contract free? [Re: Hatorade]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
I called Bell this week. While there is no "cancellation fee" per se, they still can charge you the amount they subsized for your hardware. My contract is up Oct. As much as I want to stick it to Bell, I rather keep my plan for a few months than having to pay another $140.
#8225637 - 05/27/15 03:58 PM Re: Get out of your 3 year wireless contract free? [Re: Hatorade]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Hatorade

And pay more monthly? That makes sense.

No it doesn't.

#8225696 - 05/27/15 04:44 PM Re: Get out of your 3 year wireless contract free? [Re: porschetr]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Out of curiousity - my friend signed up with Bell in Jan 2013 and she said it's a three year plan. Bell told her it's 140 bucks to get out of the contract - how can she get out of that without having to pay for the penalty even though you said she should be able to get out of it without having to pay for the penalty - so care to share how to do so?????

#8225739 - 05/27/15 05:09 PM Re: Get out of your 3 year wireless contract free? [Re: c2k]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

She already did 2.5 years. Can't she wait a few more months?
They might even waive a couple of months if she sign a new contract.

#8225837 - 05/27/15 06:24 PM Re: Get out of your 3 year wireless contract free? [Re: porschetr]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

they flat out told her no, 140 bucks.

#8226088 - 05/27/15 09:56 PM Re: Get out of your 3 year wireless contract free? [Re: c2k]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
 Originally Posted By: c2k

they flat out told her no, 140 bucks.

There's no cancellation fee, she's simply paying off her 'device' balance. (Which is fucking bullshit anyhow)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads