Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#8175296 - 04/17/15 07:57 AM Re: Liberals will sell 60% of Hydro One to fund transit [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
You're cute

#8175300 - 04/17/15 08:01 AM Re: Liberals will sell 60% of Hydro One to fund transit [Re: Euphoricuck]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
 Originally Posted By: Euphoric
You're cute

#8175317 - 04/17/15 08:15 AM Re: Liberals will sell 60% of Hydro One to fund transit [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
Are you guys going to make out?

#8175347 - 04/17/15 08:39 AM Re: Liberals will sell 60% of Hydro One to fund transit [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Chocolate Canuck

Cut public service salaries and reform pensions

I take it you are not very familiar with employment law?

Any knee jerk reactions like cutting salaries and pension reform would lead to class action lawsuits that would take down the whole province. Getting these salaries under control has to come with with reform for new hires and through stricter attrition. Essentially what auto mfg's did to new employees. You can't (public or private sector) just go in and slash salaries without huge notice, payouts, job function reduction, etc, etc, etc. Couple that with people who are in the public sector being lifers with long seniority, it's not possible.

I agree salaries, especially in certain areas are through the roof and need to be addressed, but it's not something that can have meaningful impact in the short term (less than 5 years).

zaius and you keep going off on a tangent rather than addressing the actual issue of the sale, which hasn't been explained yet.

Also your 'solutions' are right up there with c2k's dreams of how a city should run, some layman example of bullshit that's not feasable (what Hudak was proposing - putting the province in a recession because he is another cowboy with blinders on - good intentions, poor action plan). Think MACRO.

And I am all for higher gas tax and tolling the shit out of all roads, force more efficient and less wasteful behaviour while raising revenues.

#8175392 - 04/17/15 09:23 AM Re: Liberals will sell 60% of Hydro One to fund transit [Re: Risky Business]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Nope, its the exact same set of issues that Alberta faced in the 1990s, except Ontario is in even more debt with a worse prognosis. If they fixed it, then Ontario can too, but simply saying that its too complex and covering your eyes and ears just leads to more of the status quo.
#8175414 - 04/17/15 09:42 AM Re: Liberals will sell 60% of Hydro One to fund transit [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

ok man, you totally understand this

#8175453 - 04/17/15 10:01 AM Re: Liberals will sell 60% of Hydro One to fund transit [Re: Euphoricuck]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: Euphoric
As if any of the other major parties would've done a better job ? They all would've done more or less of the same

This liberal party we have in place is far one of the worse so far next to Bob Rae's NDP.

Any other parties can't as awful as the current liberals....... Hell, even Choco anti-police party would even do a better job with Risky as a finance minster.

#8175531 - 04/17/15 10:32 AM Re: Liberals will sell 60% of Hydro One to fund transit [Re: c2k]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

I'd run, but Canadians aren't ready for a black prime minister.
Mondays would be designated as Jerk Chicken day would be my first order of business

#8175767 - 04/17/15 12:10 PM Re: Liberals will sell 60% of Hydro One to fund transit [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Mondays would be designated as Jerk Chicken day would be my first order of business

folks in ontario would be all...

#8176068 - 04/17/15 02:05 PM Re: Liberals will sell 60% of Hydro One to fund transit [Re: c2k]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: c2k

folks in ontario would be all...

#8192498 - 04/30/15 12:12 PM Re: Liberals will sell 60% of Hydro One to fund transit [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Cost of doing business in Canada....
Yup

http://www.thestar.com/business/2015/04/30/gm-to-cut-oshawa-workforce-by-1000-jobs-this-year.html

#8197937 - 05/05/15 04:30 AM Re: Liberals will sell 60% of Hydro One to fund transit [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Talk about too little, too late

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-commen...ain-the-obvious

So after all the jobs are leaving, she hires someone to tell her that its because of her incompetent policies

Quote:
Ontario’s high power costs – driven up steadily under a decade of Liberal feel-good projects – are a big issue. CAPC notes that electricity costs for a typical large scale assembly operation in the U.S. south or mid-west are as much as $5 million lower than Ontario. “Hydro-Québec’s 2013 survey of power rates in competing jurisdictions shows that for large power customers, Ontario is significantly more expensive.” Liberal plans for a cap-and-trade system, and a proposal to sell off some of Hydro One while retaining government control, could push rates even higher.

Quote:
The province shouldn’t have to hire an expert to find out this stuff. But if it’s determined to add another salary to the payroll, it should at least start to pay attention to what it’s told.

Ahahahahah, nailed it

#8197939 - 05/05/15 04:39 AM Re: Liberals will sell 60% of Hydro One to fund transit [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
Talk about too little, too late

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-commen...ain-the-obvious

So after all the jobs are leaving, she hires someone to tell her that its because of her incompetent policies

I love how hiring this one person can probably decide the fate of the auto industry in Ontario (other than the obvious). it's all about shifting blame.

then again she's the moron who hires a retired bank CEO to figure out the public electricity sector.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads