Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8165583 - 04/09/15 06:17 PM FAWKINMEDIADAY
chef Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: The OC
I got hired to attend a factory sponsored "Learn how to ride moto in the dirt" day and write 1500 words with photos on how to bug out on a dirt bike for a print mag. Good pay too. It's in a week. Just found out the agency has a photographer onsite that's going to shoot everything. Uhh...no? Gotta figure this out, if it's going to be an "I insist, I need to shoot some photos" or just, I setup a shoot on my own and get them. Not really sure how this is going to work...

not a brag post because I held off on brag posting until this shit got thrown at me. Now it's a rant

Edited by chef (04/09/15 06:17 PM)
Order my photo prints (New files uploaded)

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#8165642 - 04/09/15 07:08 PM Re: FAWKINMEDIADAY [Re: chef]
LNXGUY Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
As soon as you arrive on site, punch the agency photographer in the mouth and threaten his life. Your day will go smoothly after that.

#8166327 - 04/10/15 10:03 AM Re: FAWKINMEDIADAY [Re: LNXGUY]
chef Offline
Post Master Supreme

A friend that was an editor at Off-road magazine reminded me that most writers aren't photographers. I however, am. So I'll take your advice and then wow everyone with my combo of mid level skills

#8166791 - 04/10/15 01:12 PM Re: FAWKINMEDIADAY [Re: chef]
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: MD
that sounds kinda funky

..you can NEVER out train a bad diet -- FitExcellence

#8169962 - 04/13/15 05:24 PM Re: FAWKINMEDIADAY [Re: Duc]
chef Offline
Post Master Supreme

FAWKpartTWO! an agency I'd been introduced to recently just called on me to shoot the pace cars of the long beach grand prix, which I'd LOVE to do, but fml it's the same day as this magazine thing
FUCKINGFUCK and it's for the TRDDD website. Man....I referred them to a friend, now I want him to do this shitty magazine thing instead lol

Edited by chef (04/13/15 05:41 PM)

#8171868 - 04/15/15 01:33 AM Re: FAWKINMEDIADAY [Re: chef]
chef Offline
Post Master Supreme

Now it's been rescheduled and I totally could have done it and the assignment is pretty much just like how I shot the races last year without credentials. Son of a bitch... The dude I referred hasn't thanked me really, just blathering on about how much he's looking forward to hopefully working with them more. Ya thanks for rubbing salt on the wound dude...

#8173368 - 04/15/15 11:21 PM Re: FAWKINMEDIADAY [Re: chef]
chef Offline
Post Master Supreme

Well that went well. The on staff professional, wasn't really. My photos should stand out. Most of the other attendees were just from one place though. I got time with a bike before everyone else arrived and setup some lights, made pretty pictures. Later on I showed the agency contact one of them and then he warmed up a lot. Got everything I needed, ended up helping the instructor, it turned out to be more of a learn how to ride a motorcycle class that happened to be on the dirt, not really a learn how to ride a motorcycle in the dirt class. There was one more person than bikes, so I took notes, helped out, and then got to hoon a bike at the end of the day when people started getting tired. Got to ring out a 140 around the oval and goof off on the moto course a bit. At the end, the agency guy offered up a new, unannounced product for review, then we talked about a CA moto tour I want to do with a few bikes and friends, and he seems to be down for it, suggesting a few different models. Also offered up a 300+hp jet ski, lol!

So, all in all, a pretty good day. Didn't get to keep all the gear I was hoping for, lol, but will be getting paid well and have a few new contacts. Can't beat that.

#8268638 - 06/28/15 10:56 AM Re: FAWKINMEDIADAY [Re: chef]
chef Offline
Post Master Supreme

Fiiiinally got a response, lol. This guy is editor on chief in two different mags right now, so he's swamped.

Quote:
I have to say, it’s exactly what I had envisioned. I tweaked some minor stuff here and there (mostly due to space constrainers) but you basically you delivered exactly what I asked for. Thanks!

Hopefully he'll keep me on his list for more work. The manufacturer that sponsored the day was into me after I showed him a few of my lit shots. Going to work on turning that into a multi moto loaner for a road trip

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  jsmonet, x, 2000SiRacer, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads