Topic Options
#8107224 - 02/25/15 03:03 PM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: 4age]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: 4age
 Originally Posted By: porschetr

It's a 43k front wheel drive 4 banger, but comes with a shit load of options.

So is it a good deal? Would you buy it for 43k XD
Would still rather pay 1k more and get an S3 doe. Or pay less and get a Golf R!
Or whatever, Focus RS! I'd even go so far to pick an IS250!!!

Real answer doe. Would rather buy 5x e36 m3's for that money XD

youz on dem koolaidz XP

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8107231 - 02/25/15 03:09 PM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: porschetr]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
 Originally Posted By: porschetr
No...I know it doesn't come with heated steering wheels \:D

Greatest feature ever!

#8107235 - 02/25/15 03:12 PM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: LNXGUY]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
pls buy a saab \:\(

XD XD XD XD

#8107292 - 02/25/15 03:49 PM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: 4age]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
holy shit tree pages.

everything new is friggin 50K now. thought you bmw humpers would be used to that by now

like porschetr priced out, a bmw 320i optioned with nav and as close to the options of the TLX comes out to $48,780 oh and that's without any kind of extended warranty without tax. for a flippin 320i! oh and it doesn't have some of the options that the TLX already has, like auto starter and heated rear seats.

audi can't/wont be far behind that, and don't get me started about audi quality; yes honda quality has gone downhill but compared to the germans..cmon, but that's a can of worms and everyone has their own opinion on it.

i checked insurance last night, and funny thing about it is that it's actually cheaper than my TSX. the money i save on insurance and the same car payment i'd be saving money on a month to month basis. i should mention that the new car would be a lease...

if you guys haven't driven a TLX go drive one. i'm not saying that it's OMG RACECAR but for what it is, it's pretty damn good. that rear steering assist thing lets the car turn like it's on rails (for a stock car) i'm actually very impressed with the handling on the car.

Edited by titty sprinkles (02/25/15 03:57 PM)

#8107323 - 02/25/15 04:12 PM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: titty sprinkles]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

^Saving money month to month vs total savings at the end of owning a car are two different things. If the difference is substantial (assuming your TSX is purchased, and you have already paid off 2 years worth or whatever), then whatever savings you get via insurance and what not is negligeable. + you are throwing away the money you already dumped into the TSX.

Tho, if you like a heated steering wheel that much, who am i to argue XD (i dont have one of those!)

XD XD XD XD

#8107328 - 02/25/15 04:21 PM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: 4age]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

oh for sure. yes i'll be saving month to month but the car is still twice the price of mine. lol it's affordable is all that i'm saying. I havn't even owned the tsx for a year yet, but the problems (moreso the time wasting) with honda trying to figure out this VTC shit is getting annoying.

and dat heated steering wheel

#8107380 - 02/25/15 04:54 PM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: titty sprinkles]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
I think he meant you already spent XXX money on a car.
You don't save any money by getting a new car, you just extend your payment by xxx years.

At the end of the day, you would have spent $90,000 on two cars. Well, a lease of $90,000 car.

#8107397 - 02/25/15 05:05 PM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: titty sprinkles]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
imo, the 3 series would feel better on the road vs any fwd car.

#8107419 - 02/25/15 05:25 PM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: titty sprinkles]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
holy shit tree pages.

everything new is friggin 50K now. thought you bmw humpers would be used to that by now

like porschetr priced out, a bmw 320i optioned with nav and as close to the options of the TLX comes out to $48,780 oh and that's without any kind of extended warranty without tax. for a flippin 320i! oh and it doesn't have some of the options that the TLX already has, like auto starter and heated rear seats.

audi can't/wont be far behind that, and don't get me started about audi quality; yes honda quality has gone downhill but compared to the germans..cmon, but that's a can of worms and everyone has their own opinion on it.

i checked insurance last night, and funny thing about it is that it's actually cheaper than my TSX. the money i save on insurance and the same car payment i'd be saving money on a month to month basis. i should mention that the new car would be a lease...

if you guys haven't driven a TLX go drive one. i'm not saying that it's OMG RACECAR but for what it is, it's pretty damn good. that rear steering assist thing lets the car turn like it's on rails (for a stock car) i'm actually very impressed with the handling on the car.

Please do not use the terms money & savings when talking about this TLX...it defies all logic! Over the long term you are just going to rape yourself financially. I have this feeling that some salesman has been putting stupid ideas in your head during all of your recent dealer visits. Ignore everything they say!

What's wrong with the TSX, i didn't realize you are having problems? How much is the repair? I thought you liked that car, it's in good condition, what gives?

#8107421 - 02/25/15 05:28 PM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: Risky Business]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
Vws are cheap

#8107434 - 02/25/15 05:34 PM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: phoenixrage]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: phoenixrage

Assuming u meant F30 -- LOL you used "feel" and "3 series" in the same sentance XD XD

XD XD XD XD

#8107445 - 02/25/15 05:46 PM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: Risky Business]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Rinky Business
holy shit tree pages.

Please do not use the terms money & savings when talking about this TLX...it defies all fucking logic! Over the long term you are just going to rape yourself financially.

What's wrong with the TSX, i didn't realize you are having problems? How much is the repair? I thought you liked that car, it's in good condition, what gives?

alright here's the deal.

so i bought the car last april, VTC started making noise in the fall. since then it's been back to acura for like 4 vtc's. car runs and drives fine, but regardless it's not supposed to make that noise. honda doesn't have a fix for it.

fast forward to now, honda, instead of getting off their asses and sending someone over, they do the same song and dance of making audio and video recordings, sending it over to the tech line, wating, and then just replacing the VTC again. they've also replaced any and everything that could be related to the noise. timing chain, tensioner, starter, water pump, everything.

after all of that, acura has had the car for the last month..maybe more, and the piss off part about it is that it's just sitting in the parking lot doing sweet jack all. so i've gotten honda canada in on it.

now i'm just getting back and fourth from honda canada and the dealership. this one needs to speak with this one, and so on. driving brand new loaners is nice and all, but i want MY car back. the "fix" to this problem, is a brand new head. they need to make the call if they are going to do it or not already and quite frankly being on the 4th or 5th VTC, i don't want the car back with yet another VTC.

my next move to is contact CAMVAP (Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan) to see if a buyback is possible, hence why i was looking at the TLX. basically it's just turning into a bunch of time wasting and inconvience.

#8107454 - 02/25/15 05:55 PM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: 4age]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Assuming u meant F30 -- LOL you used "feel" and "3 series" in the same sentance XD XD

well, when I was taking pictures for the dealerships.. i got to sit in most of the cars and yea.. even though the f30 doesn't compare to previous gens, they still 'feel' better than other manuf.

#8107652 - 02/25/15 07:52 PM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: titty sprinkles]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

holy shit tree pages.

i tried to tell them brah \(\.\)\(\.\)

lol

but yeah give thought to what vas mentioned tho...

#8107907 - 02/25/15 10:54 PM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Ok, so you are pissed.
I can understand that XD

Are your balls tied to Acura? Bc if you are having all these issues, and Acura is being crappy about it, why are you considering another one @_@

You talk about how other cars miss the mark on quality, yet you have replaced a timing component 5x on a brand new car...made by a manufacturer that is renowned for reliability. Not to mention, the new/future car in question is a brand new platform and has yet to have all the kinks worked out (see tranny issue on the more powerful model). Sure, no issues on the 4 banger *that we know of yet*!

You are paying more money for something that is unknown, and honestly, of dubious quality from the same manufacturer. Are you considering anything else at all (like uh, keeping the car and aiming to get the head replaced?)?

Oh and to Ed: Wut. F30 has more feel than what? A Camry? XD When I drove it, I wanted walked away from it once the car started rolling. The brakes, steering, errytang is void of feedback \:\( And I drove an M sport with the servotronic and fixed calipers to boot!!!!

Though mind you, I also find the E90/92 M3 steering to be far worse in feedback than the E90/92 335 as well(servotronic vs no linear steering).

XD XD XD XD

#8107926 - 02/25/15 11:23 PM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: 4age]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Wait. So despite all these issues you are having with the car and piss poor service, you still want to buy another Honda and a 1st year production? Dude wtf???

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8107936 - 02/25/15 11:32 PM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: Hatorade]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
its for savings guiz

acura anlsx chaaaaaa

#8108180 - 02/26/15 08:42 AM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: 4age]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Oh and to Ed: Wut. F30 has more feel than what? A Camry? XD When I drove it, I wanted walked away from it once the car started rolling. The brakes, steering, errytang is void of feedback \:\( And I drove an M sport with the servotronic and fixed calipers to boot!!!!

Though mind you, I also find the E90/92 M3 steering to be far worse in feedback than the E90/92 335 as well(servotronic vs no linear steering).

f30 compared to lexus IS... compared to TSX/TLs.. it might not be a lot of feel, but still some feel... and the bmw's feel better. (relative term).

even comparing X5 vs MDXs.. or the F25 X3s vs RDXs... etc etc

Edited by phoenixrage (02/26/15 08:43 AM)

#8108208 - 02/26/15 08:58 AM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: phoenixrage]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

f30 compared to lexus IS... compared to TSX/TLs.. it might not be a lot of feel, but still some feel... and the bmw's feel better. (relative term).

even comparing X5 vs MDXs.. or the F25 X3s vs RDXs... etc etc

Ohhh! Wow, the cars you name above (IS/TSX) are that bad? I havent driven recent versions of either car. But wow, those must be completely numb XD
Do you happen to have one of those employee lease special dealies like spd-dmn?

XD XD XD XD

#8108263 - 02/26/15 09:29 AM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: 4age]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

i think we should all just go buy fiats. super uber reliable sold vehicles.

#8108279 - 02/26/15 09:37 AM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

Consumer Reports top 4 brands, based on reliability and road tests:

Lexus
Mazda
Toyota
Audi

wat

#8108289 - 02/26/15 09:46 AM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: spd-dmn]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: spd-dmn

Lexus
Mazda
Toyota
Audi

wat

MAZDA?! *really*

despite of the rust problems they were having?

#8108299 - 02/26/15 09:51 AM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: spd-dmn]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Lexus
Mazda
Toyota
Audi

wat

LOL wut dat honda do!

EDIT: Found the article source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars...-fiat/23910563/

Honda is below Buick. Acura even worse. Below BMW XD

Edited by 4age (02/26/15 09:54 AM)

XD XD XD XD

#8108300 - 02/26/15 09:51 AM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: c2k]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

lol, consumer reports...do not go by them for auto! (a joke, like many other things they rate, some but not all).

you guys are doing it wrong.

use JD power

http://autos.jdpower.com/

it's the industry standard.
IQS and VDS.

http://www.jdpower.com/sites/default/files/2015020%20VDS_Final.pdf

#8108306 - 02/26/15 09:57 AM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: 4age]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Lexus
Mazda
Toyota
Audi

wat

LOL wut dat honda do!

EDIT: Found the article source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars...-fiat/23910563/

lol not sure why all the bashing.

dude even with a 'drop' in honda/acura (that shows how high they were), they still are above so many others :P - and now are back on track to improve (they take that shit seriously) \:\)

yeah, buick is always high in the ratings...no idea how lol. i assume they even out the ratio of # of cars sold vs. issues to make it fair. acura needs to improve though for sure. sad lol.

dude bmw is way down there with JD Power (i know a couple of our ex-emps working there and their bosses are always harping to work on improving their shit...they want to at least get up to MB level, lol!).

regardless of ratings.....are you gonna go really BUY a buick? lol

Edited by Screamin DC2R (02/26/15 10:02 AM)

#8108311 - 02/26/15 09:59 AM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

i dont trust any of the published ratings or rankings, most of them are in the pocket of manufacturers anyway

i just like to start shit \:D

#8108312 - 02/26/15 09:59 AM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: 4age]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Lexus
Mazda
Toyota
Audi

wat

LOL wut dat honda do!

and Kia is underneath Honda. Is it time to reconsider the CTR or turbo Si?

#8108318 - 02/26/15 10:01 AM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: spd-dmn]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

i dont trust any of the published ratings or rankings, most of them are in the pocket of manufacturers anyway

lol yeah.

i know the "local" (consumer reports, AJAC) ratings done in Canada and usa there are politics behind it. stories of shady shit to "earn" your car better marks/etc/etc lol...

i think for JD though none of that shit happens since they're the tight ass legit standard.

#8108327 - 02/26/15 10:05 AM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Loc: toronto
wait your Acura is giving you issues, dealer wont fix it. So your going to "show them" buy buying a new Acura \:D

At least jump ship and buy another brand!

#8108332 - 02/26/15 10:08 AM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

^JD power rewards are also paid for by manuf's.
As you know, companies pay for JD power survey results. How is it not a conflict of interest - JD power, rating stuff industry wide, selling their results to companies. Pay me a little more to make the ratings a little better. winkwinkwinkwink.

XD XD XD XD

#8108336 - 02/26/15 10:09 AM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R

lol yeah.

i know the "local" (consumer reports, AJAC) ratings done in Canada and usa there are politics behind it. stories of shady shit to "earn" your car better marks/etc/etc lol...

i think for JD though none of that shit happens since they're the tight ass legit standard.

clearly posting while on the job. you're just saying all the standings are BS just to protect your job. to sum it up, are you trying to tell us to keep buying hondas and keep your sorry ass employed?

#8108362 - 02/26/15 10:23 AM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: c2k]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: c2k

lol yeah.

clearly posting while on the job. you're just saying all the standings are BS just to protect your job. to sum it up, are you trying to tell us to keep buying hondas and keep your sorry ass employed?

the more issues, the safer my job is lol

#8108367 - 02/26/15 10:24 AM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: c2k]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

JD Power is one of the worst

they do their ratings as one business unit and they also do consultancy as another.

so JDP gets paid A LOT OF MONEY to consult for OEMs on how to best "adapt" the product offering to "consumer preferences"

yeah. right.

#8108375 - 02/26/15 10:26 AM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: spd-dmn]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

JD Power is one of the worst

they do their ratings as one business unit and they also do consultancy as another.

so JDP gets paid A LOT OF MONEY to consult for OEMs on how to best "adapt" the product offering to "consumer preferences"

yeah. right.

lol cause consumer reports is better?

from what i understoodm all makers here go by JDP, so it's even across the board (bullshit ratings or not).

Edited by Screamin DC2R (02/26/15 10:26 AM)

#8108395 - 02/26/15 10:34 AM Re: should i buy this car? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: c2k

lol yeah.

the more issues, the safer my job is lol

shit man, if that's the case - you better move over to the acura division.

Page 3 of 9 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads