Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#807167 - 12/19/06 02:42 PM Re: Am I retarded? Thinking of selling the S2000 for a new
allvuong Offline

Loc: ny
I should have said real luxury instead of true luxury, becuase i dont have the definition of true luxury. and me spending extra money for premium is like me spending money on bottle water, or spending $5 on coffee when the $1 cup should suffice. and i should clarify, me saying i like the fact that the SI takes premium is becuase im no longer wasting money on premium, because it does in fact require it. although i never use regular gas, i mostly use the center grade, 89 for any car i fill.
Videos
#807168 - 12/19/06 07:55 PM Re: Am I retarded? Thinking of selling the S2000 for a new
k20Redline Offline

Loc: Cali
Quote:

Quote:

Your funny your car is not even considered in the class and you would get murdered too the weight to power diffrence is too great and to me a V6 FWD sounds soo retarded!

You're funny because you have no idea what you're talking about.

A well-driven 6-speed V6 Accord will pull mid to low 14's in the 96-98mph range. In most races with a new Si it wouldn't have much of a trouble pulling away as they have a lot more power than the Si.

FWD V6's are pretty common and by no means retarded. The only thing retarded is an ignorant reply by an idiot such as yourself.

A well-driven... first of all FWD last time I checked was purly designed to safe cost and make it more econmical okay so way to kill both by puting a bigger engine in the front throw of the weight distribution some more and give you better gas milage... And up the Cost Iv never seen anyone do Mid 14s in a V6 Accord and in that price range a sure expect that so STFU!

Edited by k20Redline (12/19/06 08:10 PM)

#807169 - 12/19/06 08:11 PM Re: Am I retarded? Thinking of selling the S2000 for a new
gizmotoy Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

A well-driven... first of all FWD last time I checked was purly designed to safe cost and make it more econmical okay so way to kill both by puting a bigger engine in the front throw of the weight distribution of some more and give you better gas milage... And up the Cost Iv never seen anyone do Mid 14s in a V6 Accord and in that price range a sure expect that so STFU!

Was there a coherent thought in this entire reply?

The only thing I understood was you questioning the quarter mile times of the Accords. The 6spd V6 Accords typically run right around 14.5-14.8 stock. I'd call that mid 14s.

#807170 - 12/19/06 08:31 PM Re: Am I retarded? Thinking of selling the S2000 for a new
nh07sisedan Offline

Loc: nh
The Accord is a Honda and nice, in late 2002 I was considering the 2003 Accord Coupe or G35 Coupe...but, V6 though, more power, and insulation, and room... but also more weight. And one of the first things to improve handling and performance is to cut weight (e.g. Lotus Elise which runs on a Celica engine).... carbon fiber, graphite, etc... So the Si gives a little bit different driver experience due to the lighter weight. The Accord will give a totally different power band due to the nice Honda V6... 2 different cars... different engines... The G was heavy, luxurious, but heavy...

#807171 - 12/19/06 09:55 PM Re: Am I retarded? Thinking of selling the S2000 for a new
Thom Offline
Major Member

Loc: Michigan
Quote:

I should have said real luxury instead of true luxury, becuase i dont have the definition of true luxury. and me spending extra money for premium is like me spending money on bottle water, or spending $5 on coffee when the $1 cup should suffice. and i should clarify, me saying i like the fact that the SI takes premium is becuase im no longer wasting money on premium, because it does in fact require it. although i never use regular gas, i mostly use the center grade, 89 for any car i fill.

Come back and talk to us after you get more then 5 posts under your belt. Maybe then, MAYBE...you'll have some clue about life.

#807172 - 12/20/06 12:40 AM Re: Am I retarded? Thinking of selling the S2000 for a new
allvuong Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Come back and talk to us after you get more then 5 posts under your belt. Maybe then, MAYBE...you'll have some clue about life.

Sorry, i probably had a bad role model, i looked up to my brother, he used to be a big baller, but i dont know, maybe i'll grow up one day.

#807173 - 12/20/06 08:38 AM Re: Am I retarded? Thinking of selling the S2000 for a new
Thom Offline
Major Member

Loc: Michigan
Baller =

#807174 - 12/21/06 10:30 AM Re: Am I retarded? Thinking of selling the S2000 for a new Si..
blue rocket Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: CT
no, you arent retarded. I sold my 03 Evo with 10k miles to get the new Si...would never go back to that car...

The Si is just a great car...and so much fun.

#807175 - 12/21/06 02:05 PM Re: Am I retarded? Thinking of selling the S2000 for a new
nh07sisedan Offline

agree with blue rocket, it is a blast to drive... and Edmunds appears to agree - "Possessing nimble handling, spirited acceleration and an addictive engine note, the Si is one of the few cars available in any price range that makes you want to drive it just for the sake of driving."

that last point being the most important, you will want to drive it...

Edited by nh07sisedan (12/21/06 08:42 PM)

#807176 - 12/21/06 04:05 PM Re: Am I retarded? Thinking of selling the S2000 for a new
skiddy Offline

Loc: Dallas, TX
Quote:

that last point being the most important, you will want to drive it...

Ditto. My friends are glad I got the car because I'm always offering to drive when we go places. It's quite addicting...

#807177 - 12/22/06 09:21 AM Re: Am I retarded? Thinking of selling the S2000 for a new
MattMetzger Offline

Loc: Lexington, KY
Quote:

So, what did you decide to go with? Or is it still up in the air?

I'm still on the fence... You guys bring up some great points. Over last weekend, I decided I would keep the S2000 for a while longer, but I just posted it in the for sale section on a few boards. I have also started eyeballing the 99-00 EBP Si's that I used to drool over back in the day...

I have definately eliminated the trading it in option, but if I can sell it for a decent price, I may go ahead and just buy a new Si outright. I'll keep you all updated.

#807178 - 12/22/06 03:08 PM Re: Am I retarded? Thinking of selling the S2000 for a new
dotcom173 Offline

Loc: The OC
my dad has an 06 S2000 and ive driven my friends 06 Si.

in all honesty, as much as i oogle over the s2k, the Si gave me a similar rush, just not as "whippy" as the s2k. i think its the kinda thing where if u sold ur s2k and bought and si, ur still be reminded of the s2k when driving the Si, but reminded in a good way. im only 17, but when comparing the cars in all aspects, there isnt really a true winner, it just depends on what the owner needs. if i needed a back seat, obviously i'd get the car with the back seat, and its still a fun car. if u want power and speed, then its the s2k, if u want the best of both worlds.....Evo?

#807179 - 12/23/06 04:05 PM Re: Am I retarded? Thinking of selling the S2000 for a new
nh07sisedan Offline

Might want to ask what Blue Rocket thinks about "Evo?" he sold his Evo for his Si.... I traded a G35 Coupe for my Si.... there is more to the car than raw performance, like quality and service....if you can get that with good performance then the driver's experience is better ...I am still trying to figure out how to explain it, but the 07 Si Sedan I got is actually more fun to drive than the G was... perhaps it is the driver involvement (the G I had was the 5speed auto), and how light it is, it winds up faster, etc.....many factors.. It is fun to drive with peace of mind that you are getting 25+ mpg and have a 4 cylinder honda engine.... The 3.5 V6 in the G's is a great VQ engine, and has won awards, but you will be hard pressed to get 290HP and 25+ mpg...same with the Evo or Sti... 300hp, Turbo... more gas... also we are talking about $30K-$35K cars compared to the Si Sedan... just think of what you can do with the $10K you save on the price of the car...

Edited by nh07sisedan (12/23/06 04:10 PM)

#807180 - 12/24/06 01:32 AM Re: Am I retarded? Thinking of selling the S2000 for a new
allvuong Offline

For some reason, i never mentioned this but i traded in a 99 lexus rx300 for the SI. I guess i was a bit embarrased about it becuase it is a huge downgrade. the reason however wasnt that stupid, i've always liked the si, but i did have to trade in the lexus. The check engine light was on, and in NY that would mean couple Gs to get it fixed, to pass inspection. My friend has an RX300 also and spent 4Gs to pass inspection. I was thinking it was time for a new car, so i picked up the black SI, and dont regret it, i do miss the wood trim, leather and homelink, and the amazing smoothe ride, but my acura has that anyways, or close to it.
#807181 - 12/24/06 02:01 AM Re: Am I retarded? Thinking of selling the S2000 for a new
TJ213 Offline
Major Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
I've driven an s2k (05) thousands of miles, and bought a Si sedan today (well, I guess its yesterday now)

The Si sedan is of course more practical, but even though its a great car it is still not in the same class as the s2k for pure driving excitment.

I'll admit the s2k has nothing on it when you get to the sound system, but there is no way to beat the s2k in the turns, and in great weather there is no way to beat having the top down. To me that convertible top means almost as much as the performance of the car.

A modified civic can be just as fast as an s2k in the straights, but the s2k is not a drag car, if thats why you have it then you bought the wrong car.

Overall I would say stay with the s2k if you can still live with it / afford it.

I'll add some more comments after I get some miles on the Si.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Design, A_Mantis, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits