Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8062173 - 01/26/15 01:49 PM Long wkend roadtrip: Boston, Chicago, Philly?
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
So the unicorn wants to do a long wkend roadtrip end of March, to meet up with her BFF + Bff s/o.

Boston, Chicago, Philly? Which one of the 3?

My first thought is to 'flick the bean' in Chicago... ... But also to try 'deep-dish pizza' ...

Thoughts? Flying via Air Canada.

#8062196 - 01/26/15 01:57 PM Re: Long wkend roadtrip: Boston, Chicago, Philly? [Re: furball]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Haven't been to the other 2 but Chicago is pretty cool - just stay away from the crazy gun areas in the suburbs and you're good.

Edit - NYC will be better than all of them.

Edited by JEFFOS (01/26/15 01:58 PM)

#8062206 - 01/26/15 02:00 PM Re: Long wkend roadtrip: Boston, Chicago, Philly? [Re: JEFFOS]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
Bo might be out... She's gonna visit her friend in the summer, so why bother going twice...
#8062250 - 01/26/15 02:20 PM Re: Long wkend roadtrip: Boston, Chicago, Philly? [Re: furball]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
I wanna do Chicago, seems like a pretty cool place.

#8062262 - 01/26/15 02:26 PM Re: Long wkend roadtrip: Boston, Chicago, Philly? [Re: LNXGUY]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Chicago is my favorite american city. Fuck a deep dish. Eat a beef dip, and get a proper chicago hot dog. Deep dish pizza is one of Chicago's most shameful exports lol. Check Anthony Bourdain's episode of the Layover.

Boston is a solid one as well, great walking town. Good food, good shopping.

Philly is by far the closest but know the least about it aside from Rocky, Liberty Bell and Brotherly Love.

so when you said roadtrip, you don't really mean actually road tripping. just pick the city with the first seat sale

#8062267 - 01/26/15 02:27 PM Re: Long wkend roadtrip: Boston, Chicago, Philly? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
^+1 to that order

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8062332 - 01/26/15 03:03 PM Re: Long wkend roadtrip: Boston, Chicago, Philly? [Re: furball]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: furball
So the unicorn wants to do a long wkend roadtrip end of March, to meet up with her BFF + Bff s/o.

Boston, Chicago, Philly? Which one of the 3?

My first thought is to 'flick the bean' in Chicago... ... But also to try 'deep-dish pizza' ...

Thoughts? Flying via Air Canada.

\:D

#8062369 - 01/26/15 03:21 PM Re: Long wkend roadtrip: Boston, Chicago, Philly? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
I have been to all 3 cities.

Personally I like Chicago the most. Boston is next and Philly is last.

Parking in Chicago is ridiculous, I hope you are not going to rent a car from the airport and drive downtown. Take the train, their public transit is a lot better than Toronto. Since you are going in March, it might be still cold in Chicago. Dress warm. I went to Chicago twice and both times were in the winter months (November and December). It was cold as balls \:\(
I ate at Giordano's Pizza, it was greasy and filling. It's a tourist trap. The Aquarium and the museums near Soldier Field had a 2+ hours lineup the last time I was in town. I really want to check it out but screw the wait. Check out Water Tower, I met up with Adam G, Kihou and another CSi memeber there for dinner.

Boston is great for seafood if you are into it. I ate nothing but seafood in my 4 days there. Fenway Park is a must go whether you are a baseball fan or not. When I went it was off season so I couldn't go inside and see how old the ball park really is. Legal Seafood is their most famous/popular chain of seafood restaurant. The aquarium is awesome there, better than the Ripley's in Toronto.

Philly was ok city IMO. Their Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches tasted the same here in Toronto. King of Prussia mall is baller high end mall like Yorkville. We only spent 2 days there, I have very vague memory of that city.

Also roadtrip = driving. Not flying.

#8062427 - 01/26/15 03:56 PM Re: Long wkend roadtrip: Boston, Chicago, Philly? [Re: iamfob]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
meh i didn't feelz chicago much. women there are nice doe. deep dish sucks ass. i like NY much better.

#8062516 - 01/26/15 04:49 PM Re: Long wkend roadtrip: Boston, Chicago, Philly? [Re: titty sprinkles]
Lost^
Unregistered

I would pick one and explore the city instead of being rushed for time at each city. But to each their own.
#8062805 - 01/26/15 08:11 PM Re: Long wkend roadtrip: Boston, Chicago, Philly? [Re: ]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
BAHSTAHN! Love the history and all the things to see/eat. Good restaurants everywhere and visiting campuses are pretty interesting.

Chicago is really nice in the summer. Architectural tour on the water is neat. Park and other land marks are cool. Good place to find some jazz if you are into that.

Philly is ok. Rocky steps, Reading station, basketball court where Fresh Prince got beat up...
If you're afraid of the ghetto you may not like venturing into where the good food is lol

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads