spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

i called it as soon as the first store opened
#8046224 - 01/15/15 08:15 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: spd-dmn]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh

mexx too (cdn), vas and i gonna hit up the 70% off store closing deals by end of Feb \:D

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8046225 - 01/15/15 08:16 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
I feel bad for the people that left their old jobs to go there. I know quite a few people that work there

#8046227 - 01/15/15 08:17 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: JEFFOS]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: JEFFOS
I feel bad for the people that left their old jobs to go there. I know quite a few people that work there

+1

#8046231 - 01/15/15 08:19 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: spd-dmn]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
Source for those wondering: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/target-c...tores-1.2901618

You called it, but so did a number of consultancies. Target hired a number of agencies to do a review and they were told that their Canadian operations would fail, plan was too aggressive and their timelines too stringent.

And now this!!!

XD XD XD XD

#8046239 - 01/15/15 08:25 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Whoa that sucks.
#8046245 - 01/15/15 08:33 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: 4age]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: 4age
Source for those wondering: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/target-c...tores-1.2901618

You called it, but so did a number of consultancies. Target hired a number of agencies to do a review and they were told that their Canadian operations would fail, plan was too aggressive and their timelines too stringent.

And now this!!!

Also their competitors are pretty smart and aggressive themselves and wouldn't just let a new entrant grab market share at will.

They did make a lot of mistakes on their end though.

#8046246 - 01/15/15 08:33 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Big Tasty]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
while i don't shop there often, i've always enjoyed shopping there.
#8046259 - 01/15/15 08:37 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: JEFFOS]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

And now this!!!

Also their competitors are pretty smart and aggressive themselves and wouldn't just let a new entrant grab market share at will.

They did make a lot of mistakes on their end though.

I know Wally was upping salaries in response to Target entering the market to retain talent. Shrug.

What's worse is that Target employees were not notified of this until today--despite there being a press release last Thursday. For the loss. (Wife works there).

XD XD XD XD

#8046270 - 01/15/15 08:42 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: 4age]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
Wasn't there talk some time last year about how their product management team f'd up the whole 'ideal Canadian consumer', assuming they had the same tastes as that of an 'ideal American consumer'? I recall reading that... (they used an American product manager or some shit...)

I kinda liked the emptiness and brightness of their stores ... Though their 'bargain bins' front and centre near the checkout lines were a sign ...

Edited by furball (01/15/15 08:43 AM)

#8046283 - 01/15/15 08:46 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Getting out of their anchor store lease at the foot of York street is gonna be massive rapage at the Cosby scale...

http://www.blogto.com/city/2014/03/massive_new_target_store_coming_to_downtown_toronto/

http://www.thestar.com/business/real_est...re_in_2016.html

Quote:
the two-storey Target store will anchor the entire retail portion of Menkes Developments’ Harbour Plaza. As well, Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) is a partner in the 35-storey tower at One York Street, not a partner in the entire project.

Edited by furball (01/15/15 08:47 AM)

#8046285 - 01/15/15 08:46 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

^ahahaha I have no idea.
Much of the management is from the Murican team, and one of the primary internal issues is that they were running their Canadian operations like their US one--because it "works". But heeeeeey, this be Canada, son. And improper decision making led to their demise.

Funny things go on in there...such as using a primary competitor's distribution center for goods.

XD XD XD XD

#8046287 - 01/15/15 08:48 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
Been there twice because none around my area.
Both times walked out empty handed.
They didn't have American Target products I was looking to get and stuffs weren't priced well

#8046292 - 01/15/15 08:49 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: porschetr]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

they didn't do their homework re. canadian consumer and got burned (and they didn't listen)

#8046312 - 01/15/15 08:56 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
obviously. The places are ghost towns when you go in there. Which is why I love going there rather than walmart \:\|

#8046318 - 01/15/15 08:58 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

the only reason i called it was because i knew canadians were expecting US target prices with higher quality merchandise and that was just notgonnahappen.

i am very curious to know this "big" difference between cdn and us consumers though...

other than pricing, what was the miscalculation in terms of consumer insights?

#8046326 - 01/15/15 09:01 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: spd-dmn]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

I'm gonna open a congee queen inside one, mad bidnezz.

#8046349 - 01/15/15 09:06 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
i actually liked shopping at target.

#8046356 - 01/15/15 09:09 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: spd-dmn]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: spd-dmn
the only reason i called it was because i knew canadians were expecting US target prices with higher quality merchandise and that was just notgonnahappen.

i am very curious to know this "big" difference between cdn and us consumers though...

Agreed,

I don't think it was as much of a miscalculation on their end as it was an extremely poor roll out/marketing strategy.

I know they had a media blast, but commercials on tv = people shopping there, at least IMO, nothing was effective on bringing people into the store.

I've never even been in a target

To compete at that retail level you either have to promote rock bottom pricing (which isn't their business model anyway and wally world would crush them in that respect) or you have to provide something of value...which again is impossible to do that that level of common retail. There isn't room for another retailer like that imo.

#8046361 - 01/15/15 09:11 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
It's just a ploy. The gov't will bail them out.
#8046364 - 01/15/15 09:12 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: spd-dmn]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Canadian customers do work and respond differently than the US

#8046368 - 01/15/15 09:13 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: JEFFOS]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Word on the street is they had lots of supply chain and store quantity issues... I don't know for sure I'm just guessing.

#8046372 - 01/15/15 09:14 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: JEFFOS]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Word on the street is they had lots of supply chain and store quantity issues... I don't know for sure I'm just guessing.
The places are stacked full of product with little or no shoppers. Everytime I go in there its like a private shopping trip for me and only me

#8046385 - 01/15/15 09:16 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Euphoric
The places are stacked full of product with little or no shoppers. Everytime I go in there its like a private shopping trip for me and only me

But is it the right product? Imagine you get everything you need except 3 items so you have to go somewhere else to buy those? Hassle right?

Imagine you go in to buy 1 specific item that's a great deal that's promoted. That's all you came in for - imagine they didn't have it? Annoying right?

#8046391 - 01/15/15 09:18 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: JEFFOS]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

But is it the right product? Imagine you get everything you need except 3 items so you have to go somewhere else to buy those? Hassle right?

Imagine you go in to buy 1 specific item that's a great deal that's promoted. That's all you came in for - imagine they didn't have it? Annoying right?
inorite
happens at every store...especially in the gta.

#8046406 - 01/15/15 09:21 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

loved how quiet it was vs wallymart. wifey and i go there with the baby, just roam around grab whatever you need in peace. barely checkout lineup. pricing was decent on certain items, sometimes very good if on sale. reg priced stuff nothign special.

#8046407 - 01/15/15 09:21 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: JEFFOS]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

i hear this all the time, and i see it in the car market, but what is the big difference in the retail goods market

i know theres big CS differences, and we let businesses get away with a lot more than US customers.. wat dat lawsuit mentality deww

but i still havent seen any concrete evidence of such a massive rift in consumer sentiment when it comes to buying

#8046424 - 01/15/15 09:30 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

There is the problem of comparison shopping (US vs Canadian prices) always.
What Canadian consumers don't understand is the cost of logistics is much, much higher in Canada vs the 'states, so prices would never be equal.

I'm not certain the Target issue was ever pricing though (in reality). There may have been the perception of Target being expensive, but Target always priced stuff the same as Walmart for the equivalent product. + Price matching. + many promotions that were way cheaper. Ppl just didn't bother going to the store. It's always a ghost town there and for that, I do not know why.

Yes, there were supply chain issues up front, but many of those were resolved later on...and despite resolution, the stores were still ghost towns XD

XD XD XD XD

#8046430 - 01/15/15 09:33 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: spd-dmn]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

i hear this all the time, and i see it in the car market, but what is the big difference in the retail goods market

i know theres big CS differences, and we let businesses get away with a lot more than US customers.. wat dat lawsuit mentality deww

but i still havent seen any concrete evidence of such a massive rift in consumer sentiment when it comes to buying

Canadian vs US spending and buyer profile has always been an issue, and is widely studied since forever in the B2C world.

http://www.ats-sea.agr.gc.ca/can/5645-eng.htm

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/12/30/canadian-american-spending_n_4519051.html

XD XD XD XD

#8046447 - 01/15/15 09:41 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: 4age]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

There is way more than that.

I wish we knew a retail exec, they probably would know about this topic.

#8046456 - 01/15/15 09:43 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: JEFFOS]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

I'm gonna head over to RFD and see what the experts have to say.

\:\|

#8046459 - 01/15/15 09:44 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R

loved how quiet it was vs wallymart. wifey and i go there with the baby, just roam around grab whatever you need in peace. barely checkout lineup. pricing was decent on certain items, sometimes very good if on sale. reg priced stuff nothign special.

Yeah it's good for the customers that are there but every customer has an average basket spend per visit. You can only get this number so high because everyone has only so much money.

You can increase number of trips per year which is good but you can only do that so much on average (and food and consumables does this the most a which target was only half in). So you biggest bet is getting more people into the stores.

Nobody in the stores? Kiss of death.

#8046468 - 01/15/15 09:52 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: JEFFOS]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario, Canada
We never went to the Canadian store, but even the U.S. one wasn't anything special to us.

#8046492 - 01/15/15 10:01 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: JEFFOS]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Nobody in the stores? Kiss of death.
ya dont say...

#8046495 - 01/15/15 10:01 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
 Originally Posted By: Simon_the_Pieman
i actually liked shopping at target.

#8046505 - 01/15/15 10:05 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada

+1 -- esp. the one up in Aurora; same w/ that Wallymart -- can take my sweet ass time and check out is pretty fast.
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#8046560 - 01/15/15 10:33 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: hyper-s2k]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
I love the Target in Barrie. Lots of stuff, never super busy.

#8046609 - 01/15/15 10:57 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: JEFFOS]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
I wish we knew a retail exec, they probably would know about this topic.
If only ...

#8046640 - 01/15/15 11:10 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: iamfob]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I could care less about that place. My wife goes there but complains they never have stock on what she needs so screw em
#8046748 - 01/15/15 11:57 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: loudsubz]
f22b-dohc Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: canadia
i like target.. i have the 5% off rbc card..

they have some really good clearance stuff...

i bought shitload of car cleaning stuff for ~ 2-5 bucks that were regular 5-20...

guess it will be fun on clearance clearance stuff.

#8046909 - 01/15/15 01:15 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: f22b-dohc]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Shiet... this reminds me... This has serious implications...

They a branded debit and CC ... shiiiiiet....

#8046972 - 01/15/15 01:40 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Sony saying goodbye to Canada as well ...

http://business.financialpost.com/2015/01/15/sony-corp-to-close-its-canadians-stores-all-14-of-them/

#8046983 - 01/15/15 01:47 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

but dem property values just gonna keep climbing rite. Valued on hopes and dreams

#8046988 - 01/15/15 01:53 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: furball
Shiet... this reminds me... This has serious implications...

They a branded debit and CC ... shiiiiiet....

yup wife has the 'red' card.
i will miss getting coffee and reading magazines while the wife shops.... pause.

#8046992 - 01/15/15 01:56 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Quote:
The company said “nearly all Target Canada-based employees receive a minimum of 16 weeks of compensation, including wages and benefits coverage for employees who are not required for the full wind-down period.”

#8046995 - 01/15/15 01:58 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

define 'nearly all'.
bunch a people gonna get ska-rood!

#8047067 - 01/15/15 02:56 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Quote:
The company said “nearly all Target Canada-based employees receive a minimum of 16 weeks of compensation, including wages and benefits coverage for employees who are not required for the full wind-down period.”

That severance package is under review by Canadian court, as Target needs to secure 70M for those payouts.

Sony is a sad story too. They been dying for so long.
Yet they were legendary.

beta tapes, walkman, md, discman!
OH MAAAAAAAN. The first commercial mass market IEM's

XD XD XD XD

#8047103 - 01/15/15 03:14 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: 4age]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Sad for the job losses everywhere - sucks

#8047131 - 01/15/15 03:31 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: JEFFOS]
Post Master Supreme

more bad news for another Canadian Company - http://business.financialpost.com/2015/0...program-halted/

at least the lost jobs are not in Canada....

#8047145 - 01/15/15 03:40 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: JEFFOS]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

duuude

direct drive walkmans \:\(
then there were ones with diamond coated heads.

fancy dancy. killed by ipod XD

XD XD XD XD

#8047311 - 01/15/15 05:05 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: 4age]
titty sprinkles Online   pandAr
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
damnit i heard they have this wicked iphone 5 charger that i wanted....but there's no targets around me.

#8047333 - 01/15/15 05:24 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: JEFFOS]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

+1

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8047343 - 01/15/15 05:35 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: 4age]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

There is the problem of comparison shopping (US vs Canadian prices) always.
What Canadian consumers don't understand is the cost of logistics is much, much higher in Canada vs the 'states, so prices would never be equal.

I'm not certain the Target issue was ever pricing though (in reality). There may have been the perception of Target being expensive, but Target always priced stuff the same as Walmart for the equivalent product. + Price matching. + many promotions that were way cheaper. Ppl just didn't bother going to the store. It's always a ghost town there and for that, I do not know why.

Yes, there were supply chain issues up front, but many of those were resolved later on...and despite resolution, the stores were still ghost towns XD

BS, supply issues were never resolved. Been to Target 3 times (last time was beginning of December) and every single freaking time the counters are empty. Basic items like paper towel, toilet paper are EMPTY on the counters. The in-stock is a complete joke IMO. You could walk around and just can't help but notice all the empty counters, even the coolers were empty.

It really sucks for the folks working in the field since they have very little control over replenishment issues and count on HO to FIX it.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8047373 - 01/15/15 05:56 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Hatorade]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Did not experience those issues in sauga.

#8047394 - 01/15/15 06:11 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Been to 3 targets and they were consistent...consistent with empty counters that is!!!

The other thing that confused me about target. So they wanted to position themselves as a discount store (just going by memory from all the advertising propaganda), yet they have a Starbucks...lol. I confused.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#8047396 - 01/15/15 06:12 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Hatorade]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: Hatorade
Been to 3 targets and they were consistent...consistent with empty counters that is!!!

The other thing that confused me about target. So they wanted to position themselves as a discount store (just going by memory from all the advertising propaganda), yet they have a Starbucks...lol. I confused.

the only thing you are consistent on is hating everything else.

#8047397 - 01/15/15 06:13 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: c2k]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: c2k

Problem is?

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#8047400 - 01/15/15 06:15 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Hatorade]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

One in Barrie is always stocked, even on opening day I didn't see any empty shelving.

#8047401 - 01/15/15 06:18 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: LNXGUY]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
One in Barrie is always stocked, even on opening day I didn't see any empty shelving.

So it appears some stores were ok, but the general public says otherwise. Number one complaint seems to be empty shelves...

Doesn't matter anymore as this will become a case study for education.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#8047510 - 01/15/15 07:53 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Did not experience those issues in sauga.

my wife did on a couple occasions

Edited by loudsubz (01/15/15 07:53 PM)

#8047664 - 01/15/15 10:42 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: loudsubz]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

^ which location? The two I went to(which were somewhat late bloomers to the market) were fine.

#8047709 - 01/15/15 11:38 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

^ which location? The two I went to(which were somewhat late bloomers to the market) were fine.

On regular occasion there were many holes in inventory in all of the mississauga ones.

#8047730 - 01/16/15 12:08 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
Kid Bro Sweets Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA

+1 i felt like riding my bike in there or have a paint ball tournament

"Without this thinking you would see, you would see numbers that you wouldn't believe in reverse."

#8047795 - 01/16/15 07:35 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Kid Bro Sweets]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Are US Hatorades fucked?

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-radiosh...loomberg-2015-1

#8047844 - 01/16/15 08:21 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Best buy has been closing stores and stuff too.
It's oooooooover!

XD XD XD XD

#8047871 - 01/16/15 08:37 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: JEFFOS]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

On regular occasion there were many holes in inventory in all of the mississauga ones.
oh you went?

#8047927 - 01/16/15 09:12 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Yes biweekly and people would send me pictures of the store sections on a biweekly basis - no idea why I guess they just liked to take pictures of stores.

#8047981 - 01/16/15 09:46 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: JEFFOS]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

I never encountered any problems

#8047990 - 01/16/15 09:51 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Mississauga location Erin mills Parkway
#8048020 - 01/16/15 10:11 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
Post Master Supreme

I never encountered any problems

then I guess Target Canada will survive.

stayed tuned for retraction on the store closing annoucment, and them withdrawing from creditor protection.

#8048029 - 01/16/15 10:16 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

If you can't identify the problem at Canadian Target stores, you are the problem.
#8048081 - 01/16/15 10:36 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: 4age]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
casette? damn boy, you must come from money!

#8048102 - 01/16/15 10:46 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: 4Three]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Ive always liked Target. But yeah, inventory spread pretty thin and not any cheaper then Walmart.

Wife and I went yesterday to check out any possible sales, cashier told me she found out about the closings via Facebook and that Target really didnt comunicate anything to them prior to the news announcment.

#8048148 - 01/16/15 11:06 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: The Postman]
Post Master Supreme

being a public company, it's hard to handle these kinds of communication.

they'll probably rather deal with some backlash than spend time to come up with a viable comms plan to tell the stock boy and check out people.

#8048166 - 01/16/15 11:15 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: 4Three]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: 4Three
casette? damn boy, you must come from money!

DAFUQQQQQQQ THAT IS SISCK!
Don't lie, I remember those things were super baller back then too XD

As for Target - the entire Canadian side was blindsided.
The decision to chop Canadian ops came from upper management on the US side on Thursday. Because the US company was doing bad on the state side, they could no longer afford the huge risk on the Canadian side.

They went as far as cancelling all corporate cards + shutting down phone lines at HQ + having cops at the office incase of riot. So internal or external communications, and those that were travelling on business got fucked bc their corporate cards no longer worked (my wife being one of them).

HQ is officially closed and their package begins immediately. Vacations are being paid out etc.

XD XD XD XD

#8048170 - 01/16/15 11:18 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: 4age]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Loc: toronto
Wow thats fucked, having worked at HBC when they where bought, sold, bought sold, and eventually closed Zellers, it's really stressfull and really sucks for those employees

#8048182 - 01/16/15 11:26 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: zc911]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

cray cray

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#8048374 - 01/16/15 12:41 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: 4age]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

The decision to chop Canadian ops came from upper management on the US side on Thursday. Because the US company was doing bad on the state side, they could no longer afford the huge risk on the Canadian side.

They went as far as cancelling all corporate cards + shutting down phone lines at HQ + having cops at the office incase of riot. So internal or external communications, and those that were travelling on business got fucked bc their corporate cards no longer worked (my wife being one of them).

HQ is officially closed and their package begins immediately. Vacations are being paid out etc.

That is fucking disgusting, from their shitty roll out, to this.

It doesn't surprise me one bit on how they handled this, talk about lack of stop gap measures even with this massive shutdown. It's rare in history to see such sharp closures, that explains why they are offering these generous packages (16 weeks for less than 2 years of work, lol only 1 week is required for every year worked a this level). I've worked on 2 restructuring plans to date and this is laughable, it will cost more money to do what they are doing now than handling it like civilized people. Scum, fuck target.

#8048376 - 01/16/15 12:41 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Hatorade]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Problem is?

you're just a miserable cranky old man. relax dude and we dont want ya to be the first to get a heart attack on csi-on.

#8048402 - 01/16/15 12:49 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: c2k]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Problem is?

you're just a miserable cranky old man. relax dude and we dont want ya to be the first to get a heart attack on csi-on.

Give you a heart attack!!!

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#8048412 - 01/16/15 12:52 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Risky Business]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Risky Business

It doesn't surprise me one bit on how they handled this, talk about lack of stop gap measures even with this massive shutdown. It's rare in history to see such sharp closures, that explains why they are offering these generous packages (16 weeks for less than 2 years of work, lol only 1 week is required for every year worked a this level). I've worked on 2 restructuring plans to date and this is laughable, it will cost more money to do what they are doing now than handling it like civilized people. Scum, fuck target.

Most HQ peeps are over 3 years, as HQ was in operations 1+ year prior to store opening. But ya, cray cray! At least the package is good.

XD XD XD XD

#8048439 - 01/16/15 01:12 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: 4age]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

thats fucked.

link to source doe?

#8048446 - 01/16/15 01:15 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

thats fucked.

link to source doe?

As 4age said previously, his wife works there...I mean worked XD

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#8048550 - 01/16/15 02:03 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Hatorade]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

office hearsay got it. ;\)

I think hes mentioned that before to me actually. i forgotted

#8051702 - 01/19/15 03:19 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

http://www.blogto.com/fashion_style/2015...to_three_weeks/
#8051716 - 01/19/15 03:26 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

everyone run to target in 3 weeks to buy a sonic care!

XD XD XD XD

#8051731 - 01/19/15 03:34 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: 4age]
Post Master Supreme

went to target by my work to pick up some shit over lunch....i had no idea they sell the Vitamix there. it wasn't marked down or anything, but good to check out if you're in the market.

i shall go keep an eye out for a stand mixer over the next couple weeks.

#8052352 - 01/20/15 07:38 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: 4age]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

everyone run to target in 3 weeks to buy a sonic care!

I picked up the 2-pack Sonicare @ Costco over the wkend ...

Edited by furball (01/20/15 08:16 AM)

#8052630 - 01/20/15 10:43 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Give us a full review on how awesome they are.

#8052682 - 01/20/15 10:59 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: iamfob]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

the smartcanucks forums is posting mad deals @ Target for food items....

Eggo waffles @ $0.84 or some shit....

Edited by furball (01/20/15 11:00 AM)

#8052700 - 01/20/15 11:09 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

This thread has inspired me to go to a target and see wtf is up with this store...will be my first time ever in Canada. brb
#8052727 - 01/20/15 11:15 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Risky Business]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

too soon junior ...

#8052866 - 01/20/15 12:04 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: 4Three]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

In true fashion all the brownies were at the target by our place this weekend trying to scoop up a deal
#8052909 - 01/20/15 12:15 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: loudsubz]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

I went in Friday afternoon and it was still dead as usual. Grabbed one of the shirts I like (last one in my size ). Don't think I'll ever be going back now.

GNSP

#8052916 - 01/20/15 12:17 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: loudsubz]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: loudsubz
In true fashion all the brownies were at the target by our place this weekend trying to scoop up a deal
so ypu were there too ?

#8052919 - 01/20/15 12:20 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Wife, I hate shopping. The only time I stepped into a mall last year was for 30 min of last minute xmas shopping at hmv
#8052991 - 01/20/15 12:47 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: loudsubz]
Post Master Supreme

i've been today and yesterday over lunch because i needed to pick up some shit...

i had no idea that their shit is that much less than loblaws. some of the shit i bought at loblaws the day before (mostly household shit) were twice as much at loblaws! FUCK!

the stores do look pretty sad right now...nothing worth buying are on sale at this point.

back to loblaws for me. ugh!

#8053007 - 01/20/15 12:53 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Risky Business]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Rinky Business

+1

#8053041 - 01/20/15 01:13 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: c_snapper
i've been today and yesterday over lunch because i needed to pick up some shit...

i had no idea that their shit is that much less than loblaws. some of the shit i bought at loblaws the day before (mostly household shit) were twice as much at loblaws! FUCK!

uh ya, loblaws is fucking expensive as shit...for everything

#8053046 - 01/20/15 01:17 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

^^ No Frills shopper identified.
#8053067 - 01/20/15 01:33 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

peasants gotta peasant

#8053078 - 01/20/15 01:38 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

a GC Asian in the making ...

the stores do look pretty sad right now...nothing worth buying are on sale at this point.

#8053091 - 01/20/15 01:47 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

a GC Asian in the making ...

GC asian in the making? He is the exact opposite, the more it costs the better.

Anyway, moving on it was quite the exciting trip for me...first time in target. It was hella busy, especially for a Tuesday afternoon. Some aisles looked like Baghdad, employees were the best doe. Some fob walking in front of me tried to stop an *associate* and asked where something was, *associate* didn't even stop or make eye contact, just shrugged his shoulders and kept walking Can't blame him, all of them looked beat up/miserable \:\(

stocked shelves /euphoric

Hard to tell in the pic, but huge line ups, it was jammed up front

Furball aisle, my teeth felt cleaner just standing here:

#8053106 - 01/20/15 01:51 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Risky Business]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Vas, are those Sonicares onsale? lol I want one.

#8053125 - 01/20/15 01:56 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: LNXGUY]
Post Master Supreme

GC Asian or not, i like shopping at Loblaws. the one in my hood is clean, close by, free parking if i don't feel like walking 300M, and most importnatly, no riff raffs. i guess it's a "pay to play" on a smaller scale lol
#8053134 - 01/20/15 01:59 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

there is riff raff at other stores?

its not chinatown common

#8053153 - 01/20/15 02:05 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

lol common
#8053155 - 01/20/15 02:06 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
Post Master Supreme

its not chinatown common

dude. the "nicer" No Frills on Dundas & Landsdowne is riff raff central.

I don't even want to talk about the one on King and Jameson. I'm too much of a prissy bitch to shop there.

Nothing beats the Liberty Village Metro on a Saturday afternoon after a Yoga class. it's a full on yoga pants ASSault.

#8053165 - 01/20/15 02:10 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Shopping at Metro is like shopping at a giant gas station. I hate that place.

Fortinos or die.

#8053175 - 01/20/15 02:14 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

its not chinatown common

I don't even want to talk about the one on King and Jameson. I'm too much of a prissy bitch to shop there.

Nothing beats the Liberty Village Metro on a Saturday afternoon after a Yoga class. it's a full on yoga pants ASSault.

I might have to do my grocery shopping in Toronto.

#8053201 - 01/20/15 02:22 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: LNXGUY]
Post Master Supreme

its not chinatown common

I might have to do my grocery shopping in Toronto.

grocery shopping with a boner...not as cracked up as it sounds.

#8053202 - 01/20/15 02:23 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

I will strap it to my leg!

#8053469 - 01/20/15 04:00 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: LNXGUY]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

metro is garbage

#8053472 - 01/20/15 04:01 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: eddie _82
Shopping at Metro is like shopping at a giant gas station. I hate that place.

Fortinos or die.

Longos man. Or even starskys sometimes is awesome.

#8053492 - 01/20/15 04:07 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Time to hide merchandise.
#8053514 - 01/20/15 04:17 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
Post Master Supreme

fortinos in maple on a sunday morning...holy milf central.

Edited by titty sprinkles (01/20/15 04:19 PM)

#8053552 - 01/20/15 04:43 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: titty sprinkles]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

T&T on a sunday morning...holy FOB central batman!!!

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#8053913 - 01/20/15 08:16 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Hatorade]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

when ISN'T it FOB central? But still T&T > foody. i literally want to end my life any time i have to go there.

#8053928 - 01/20/15 08:25 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: 4Three]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

I go to foody in the evening that's when its not a fucking zoo. Otherwise, you're right I want to end myself too!

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#8054125 - 01/20/15 09:34 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Hatorade]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

M - Thursday after dinner = money at most grocery stores.

#8054170 - 01/20/15 09:53 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

^ yup

we try to go as soon as I'm home from work so we miss the after dinner crowd. Good old shopping at freshco lol

#8054208 - 01/20/15 10:19 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: loudsubz]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I go during my lunch, in and out in under 30 mins. Fuck dealing with that shit in your spare time outside of work.
#8054240 - 01/20/15 10:42 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Risky Business]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

So your fresh groceries sit in your car all day?

#8054265 - 01/20/15 11:03 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Risky Business]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

I go during my lunch, in and out in under 30 mins. Fuck dealing with that shit in your spare time outside of work.

Where do you put the groceries? I guess it's cold enough in the winter months but summer months? Hell no!

#8054405 - 01/21/15 06:37 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: iamfob]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I park in a climate controlled garage at work, in some cases I've brought in items and put them in the fridge. Most stuff you buy will be fine anyway.
#8054408 - 01/21/15 06:47 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: titty sprinkles]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
fortinos in maple on a sunday morning...holy milf central.

I love that location

fawwwwwk.

#8054423 - 01/21/15 07:20 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Vas does the grocery shopping ... Oh shit wat dat coupon clipping savings do doe

I park in a climate controlled garage at work, in some cases I've brought in items and put them in the fridge. Most stuff you buy will be fine anyway.

#8054431 - 01/21/15 07:27 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
Post Master Supreme

So your fresh groceries sit in your car all day?

i'm sure if needs be, he'll just bring it in to a fridge at work....but for now, the car is way better than the fridge, tho not really in a climate controlled garage

#8054452 - 01/21/15 08:10 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Vas does the grocery shopping ... Oh shit wat dat coupon clipping savings do doe

We definitely splurge on food, wat dat organic, local, non gmo food do doe?

#8054458 - 01/21/15 08:17 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Oh right, buying entire wheels of high-end cheeses out of a truck!

We definitely splurge on food, wat dat organic, local, non gmo food do doe?

#8054548 - 01/21/15 09:21 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
Post Master Supreme

i've bought truck cheese before.

best $30 i've ever spent.

Manchago on EVERYTHING for 3 months.

#8054588 - 01/21/15 09:34 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

y'all ngga's make me laugh.

#8054601 - 01/21/15 09:38 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

i've bought truck cheese before.

best $30 i've ever spent.

Manchago on EVERYTHING for 3 months.

<3 me some goat cheese.

#8055378 - 01/21/15 02:43 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

hahaha complaining about grocery shopping.
That's what grocery gateway is for, son!!!!
Delivered to your door! Total time spent: 5 minutes making order online \:D

XD XD XD XD

#8055393 - 01/21/15 02:48 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: 4age]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

And Walmart will be launching their online groceries very soon as well
#8055396 - 01/21/15 02:49 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Luckily the grocery stores by me are open til 10pm. I've often gone late in the evening. It sucks when you get home late from work every day \:\(
#8055411 - 01/21/15 02:57 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Post Master Supreme

i read somewhere that Loblaws will also have a drive through style order ahead and pick up...tho it won't matter to you guys since y'all hate loblaws.
#8055412 - 01/21/15 02:57 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: 4age]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

hahaha complaining about grocery shopping.
That's what grocery gateway is for, son!!!!
Delivered to your door! Total time spent: 5 minutes making order online \:D
\:\|

#8055414 - 01/21/15 02:58 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
Luckily the grocery stores by me are open til 10pm. I've often gone late in the evening. It sucks when you get home late from work every day \:\(

when i lived in Liberty Village, I would shop in the middle of the night if i can't sleep. aside from no deli, it's the most amazing thing ever.

#8055439 - 01/21/15 03:08 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Post Master Supreme

i read somewhere that Loblaws will also have a drive through style order ahead and pick up...tho it won't matter to you guys since y'all hate loblaws.

loblaws is great, it's just friggin expensive.

and the pricks had me go on like 4 interviews and never hired me when i was 16

Edited by titty sprinkles (01/21/15 03:09 PM)

#8055440 - 01/21/15 03:09 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: titty sprinkles]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

yeah the one on high tech rd. in r/hill has it...we got there sometimes (not using that tho). it's like 4 parking spaces with this rig setup, you pull in, press the button, give them your pickup# (which u got online earlier when you did your shopping), and bam...staff roll custom carts out with your goods, load them into your car.

#8055449 - 01/21/15 03:12 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Post Master Supreme

yeah the one on high tech rd. in r/hill has it...we got there sometimes (not using that tho). it's like 4 parking spaces with this rig setup, you pull in, press the button, give them your pickup# (which u got online earlier when you did your shopping), and bam...staff roll custom carts out with your goods, load them into your car.

i'm okay with paying extra for that!

#8055464 - 01/21/15 03:20 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

because you are so pressed for time?

#8055481 - 01/21/15 03:24 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

You moved?

when i lived in Liberty Village

#8055504 - 01/21/15 03:30 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
Post Master Supreme

not really. but why deal with grocery stores when i can be masturbating or doing ANYTHING BUT

#8055510 - 01/21/15 03:31 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
Post Master Supreme

You moved?

when i lived in Liberty Village

Nope.

Fort York in 06
LV in 07
King West since 08

i'm not ghetto enough to live in LV now.

#8055562 - 01/21/15 03:45 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Post Master Supreme

when the kid was born i did grocery gateway a few times. was nice to get groceries at your door.

#8055618 - 01/21/15 04:12 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

not really. but why deal with grocery stores when i can be masturbating or doing ANYTHING BUT
but you can masturbate in the grocery store

#8073475 - 02/02/15 01:51 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

http://www.blogto.com/fashion_style/2015/02/leaked_info_says_target_will_start_liquidation_thursday/
#8073535 - 02/02/15 02:23 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Anything good will be set aside or already purchased by the former employees fo sho

#8073698 - 02/02/15 04:10 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: JEFFOS]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

I don't think there are any good merchandises left in store. I was at the Target near my house yesterday, half the store is empty. The empty shelves were moved to the back of the wall of each department. It's pretty sad scene.

#8074764 - 02/03/15 09:56 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: iamfob]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Barrie store is still loaded from what I saw the other day.

#8074849 - 02/03/15 10:22 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: LNXGUY]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

yeah stock is limited for most good stuff or well, things wifey and i wanted, also for the baby. we were at Hillcrest one last wkend sunday and picked up a couple things left over. i can see it being barebones by thursday night/fri night for sure.

#8078429 - 02/05/15 08:07 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

55" 4k TV @ $450 \:o

#8078432 - 02/05/15 08:08 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

<waits for CSI:ON to come back with two Sonicare toothbrushes>
#8078436 - 02/05/15 08:14 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

lol, line ups already

#8078446 - 02/05/15 08:25 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

55" 4k TV @ $450 \:o

that tv is a pos and was that price around xmas holidays

#8078500 - 02/05/15 08:55 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Euphoricuck]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

The stores should all be getting packed now as they just said full speed ahead pack it up.

The more they sell now they make more money as for liquidation they will continue to drop prices more over time to ensure they are clean by D day

#8078638 - 02/05/15 09:58 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: JEFFOS]
Lost^
Unregistered

are video games on sale?
#8078661 - 02/05/15 10:10 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: ]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

I can only imagine the threads/posts on RFD
#8078673 - 02/05/15 10:13 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
 Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
I can only imagine the threads/posts on RFD

Holy 161 pages! \:o

Quote:
So, I'm one of the losers who got up early to go check it out. I had nothing specific in mind to buy, but thought if I saw a good deal, I'd take advantage.
(I went to the Stockyards location in Toronto)

What a bust! Such a disappointment...don't waste your time. Almost as disappointing as the first time I went into a Target Canada store a couple years ago.

I didn't see a single item of interest that was labelled as 30% off...mostly 10 and 20%... Shelves clearly picked over. Line up at the cash register was annoying because their computer system is so slow that scanning each item took about 30 seconds...so do the math.

The only good thing that happened was a couple items didn't scan, so the "manager" was called over and he asked me if I knew the price, and I couldn't remember...so he guessed at $9.99...when I told him I'm pretty sure it was closer to $20....he didn't care he was too busy. The cashier joked with me afterwards, she didn't care either because she's out of a job anyways!

So, if you go, and the item you want doesn't happen to have a bar code when you get to the cash, you might just get an extra deal. If that doesn't happen, you may have just wasted some of your precious time.

#8078695 - 02/05/15 10:21 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: porschetr]
Post Master Supreme

somehow i don't want to jump into this hype to save a couple bucks because Target fucked Canada so hard

17000 jobs disappeared
Billions of dollars owed to the Gov't

so i can save $20 on a toaster

#8078714 - 02/05/15 10:30 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I am certain that net/net Target's move into Canada was cash positive for the population and government by a LONG shot. The only real loser here is Target themselves, we as a society benefited from their own short sightedness and they financed it.

Just because stores are closing now you can't ignore the cash/tax generated for property management companies for store and office locations, property taxes, income taxes, and HST paid, construction companies for leasehold improvements and on going maintenance, 17k employees who were paid for 2+ years and generated payroll tax revenue, distribution companies for turning over stock and warehousing product and their respective employees, hydro/utilities utilized by Target, and on and on and on.

#8078948 - 02/05/15 12:02 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

But... think of all those people who picked up those Sonicares at a steal! Fuuuuuck... their teeth would feel so clean.

#8078956 - 02/05/15 12:06 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Went to the hillcrest mall location at lunch with no intention of buying anything...

What has been seen cannot be unseen People become total scum over 70 cents. If i had an AK47 I would consider emptying it out on everyone in there...yea i said it.

If anyone is into shoplifting, this is your time to go.

#8078957 - 02/05/15 12:07 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: porschetr]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Holy 161 pages! \:o

Quote:
So, I'm one of the losers who got up early to go check it out. I had nothing specific in mind to buy, but thought if I saw a good deal, I'd take advantage.
(I went to the Stockyards location in Toronto)

What a bust! Such a disappointment...don't waste your time. Almost as disappointing as the first time I went into a Target Canada store a couple years ago.

I didn't see a single item of interest that was labelled as 30% off...mostly 10 and 20%... Shelves clearly picked over. Line up at the cash register was annoying because their computer system is so slow that scanning each item took about 30 seconds...so do the math.

The only good thing that happened was a couple items didn't scan, so the "manager" was called over and he asked me if I knew the price, and I couldn't remember...so he guessed at $9.99...when I told him I'm pretty sure it was closer to $20....he didn't care he was too busy. The cashier joked with me afterwards, she didn't care either because she's out of a job anyways!

So, if you go, and the item you want doesn't happen to have a bar code when you get to the cash, you might just get an extra deal. If that doesn't happen, you may have just wasted some of your precious time.

wifey's friend told her same thing. EXACTLY as I/we thought it'd play out fucking wallys. why bother.

#8079092 - 02/05/15 01:00 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Risky Business]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

somehow i don't want to jump into this hype to save a couple bucks because Target fucked Canada so hard

17000 jobs disappeared
Billions of dollars owed to the Gov't

so i can save $20 on a toaster

This guy gets it!

I am certain that net/net Target's move into Canada was cash positive for the population and government by a LONG shot. The only real loser here is Target themselves, we as a society benefited from their own short sightedness and they financed it.

Just because stores are closing now you can't ignore the cash/tax generated for property management companies for store and office locations, property taxes, income taxes, and HST paid, construction companies for leasehold improvements and on going maintenance, 17k employees who were paid for 2+ years and generated payroll tax revenue, distribution companies for turning over stock and warehousing product and their respective employees, hydro/utilities utilized by Target, and on and on and on.

Very analysis. Such TLDR. Amaze

#8079116 - 02/05/15 01:14 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

#8079127 - 02/05/15 01:22 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Risky Business]
Post Master Supreme

true, but it seems like what Target giveth, Target taketh away!

http://globalnews.ca/news/1790027/target-canada-owes-tens-of-millions-in-unpaid-taxes-rent/

Chapman’s Ice Cream is owed $19,987. Coca-Cola Canada is hoping to recoup at least a portion of the $339,699 owed to it by Target Canada, which filed for bankruptcy protection last week.

The City of Winnipeg is owed more than $14,000, while Target’s Canadian arm is in arrears with the central Ontario city of Barrie to the tune of nearly $195,000.

A 45-page document included in the U.S. retail giant’s Canadian filing last week reveals a very—very—long list of companies, suppliers, landlords even municipalities and governments that the departing department store chain owes billions to.

All told, Target Canada owed roughly $5 billion to creditors when it filed for bankruptcy under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act in an Ontario court last Thursday. That amount makes it likely one of the largest bankruptcies in Canadian history, experts suggest, certainly in the retail industry.

“It’s got to be one of the bigger ones, in terms of the size of the debt,” a lawyer source said, asking not to be named because her firm is part of the proceedings.

Target also owes landlords and governments sizable amounts of money. Hillcrest Mall Management Inc., a property company in Ontario who owns the real estate housing at least one Target store, is owed $1.7 million.

The Canada Revenue Agency and provincial governments are similarly owed millions in taxes. Target Canada’s unpaid tax bill from the CRA is $12 million. The B.C. and Quebec governments are owed $2.6 million and $6.5 million, respectively.

“You charge your customers HST on behalf of the government, with the idea you’re supposed to remit that over,” Vanessa Ibe, a lawyer at Toronto-based Rosenbaum & Frank, said.

But a bankruptcy filing freezes out all creditors from collecting on what they’re owed until a judge approves a repayment plan.

Liquidation

Target Canada lists the value of its assets as being about the same as its liabilities, with its 137 store leases as well as merchandise inventory and some real estate set to be sold off very soon.

The proceeds from those sales will go to paying off creditors, though it’s far from certain whether the money it gets will be enough to pay 100 cents on the dollar of what it owes.

Lawyers for the Canadian arm of the U.S. department store chain have until mid-February to file details about how the failed chain will pay its creditors.

#8079147 - 02/05/15 01:34 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

5 billions dollars. Damn son.

Again I am not sorry for them not doing the homeworks and research before opening shops in Canada. But I really like shopping in the US Target over US Walmart.

#8079195 - 02/05/15 02:02 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

I am certain

Edited by furball (02/05/15 02:02 PM)

#8079270 - 02/05/15 02:37 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

true, but it seems like what Target giveth, Target taketh away!

http://globalnews.ca/news/1790027/target-canada-owes-tens-of-millions-in-unpaid-taxes-rent/

Chapman’s Ice Cream is owed $19,987. Coca-Cola Canada is hoping to recoup at least a portion of the $339,699 owed to it by Target Canada, which filed for bankruptcy protection last week.

The City of Winnipeg is owed more than $14,000, while Target’s Canadian arm is in arrears with the central Ontario city of Barrie to the tune of nearly $195,000.

A 45-page document included in the U.S. retail giant’s Canadian filing last week reveals a very—very—long list of companies, suppliers, landlords even municipalities and governments that the departing department store chain owes billions to.

All told, Target Canada owed roughly $5 billion to creditors when it filed for bankruptcy under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act in an Ontario court last Thursday. That amount makes it likely one of the largest bankruptcies in Canadian history, experts suggest, certainly in the retail industry.

“It’s got to be one of the bigger ones, in terms of the size of the debt,” a lawyer source said, asking not to be named because her firm is part of the proceedings.

Target also owes landlords and governments sizable amounts of money. Hillcrest Mall Management Inc., a property company in Ontario who owns the real estate housing at least one Target store, is owed $1.7 million.

The Canada Revenue Agency and provincial governments are similarly owed millions in taxes. Target Canada’s unpaid tax bill from the CRA is $12 million. The B.C. and Quebec governments are owed $2.6 million and $6.5 million, respectively.

“You charge your customers HST on behalf of the government, with the idea you’re supposed to remit that over,” Vanessa Ibe, a lawyer at Toronto-based Rosenbaum & Frank, said.

But a bankruptcy filing freezes out all creditors from collecting on what they’re owed until a judge approves a repayment plan.

Liquidation

Target Canada lists the value of its assets as being about the same as its liabilities, with its 137 store leases as well as merchandise inventory and some real estate set to be sold off very soon.

The proceeds from those sales will go to paying off creditors, though it’s far from certain whether the money it gets will be enough to pay 100 cents on the dollar of what it owes.

Lawyers for the Canadian arm of the U.S. department store chain have until mid-February to file details about how the failed chain will pay its creditors.

This is why I hate the media, they only list enough b.s. to stir emotion, never provide context and let the layman run the rumour mill.

If you look at their list of creditors, do you want to guess who they owe the most amount of money to? Themselves, their intercompany loan to the parent company is over $3B.

CRA is only owed 12M.

I am certain

110%

You looking for a bitch slap? ;\)

#8080415 - 02/06/15 09:20 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Risky Business]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

My city is now bankrupt, thanks Obama!

#8080582 - 02/06/15 10:39 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: LNXGUY]
Post Master Supreme

My city is now bankrupt, thanks Obama!

your city has been morally bankrupt since the day you arrived.

:p

<3

#8081772 - 02/06/15 07:35 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
TYJelly Offline
Post Master

Loc: Milton, ON
I popped into the Miltonia one mid-day yesterday. Place was a zoo. Big 'Up to 30% off' signs everywhere. I inquired about some kids toys and they're only 10% off. Most stuff was 10% off, no real deals to be had on anything decent. Don't bother going until they get really desperate to liquidate.
#8082114 - 02/07/15 12:14 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TYJelly]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Yup it's a smart liquidation strategy . No point in giving away everything now

#8082666 - 02/07/15 04:35 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: TYJelly]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Happy to pick up the last 2 boxes of Lego Movie lego sets for 20% off.

We needed regular consumables like TP, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, etc., so I don't mind the 10%.

Will go back for more when they hike up the discount rate.

Kids clothes were picked pretty clean - according to the wife; typical sizes left are S and XL. lol nothing that would fit my kids.

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#8083256 - 02/08/15 12:18 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: hyper-s2k]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

The cosmetics aisles were a zoo...

The party consumables (cups, napkins, etc) were about the only thing at 30% off I saw...

Cashier lines were just... sad looking. 10+ employees standing around, not many people lining up ...

Edited by furball (02/08/15 12:18 PM)

#8083889 - 02/08/15 09:24 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

^ which location? the one we were at was packed on saturday -- we were in a line with 10-15 people ahead but w/ all tills open, it moved pretty quickly.

#8103561 - 02/22/15 05:36 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: hyper-s2k]
f22b-dohc Offline
Post Master Supreme

Completed my ff bluray... 6 bucks for tokyo driff

40 off movies and shites

#8104091 - 02/23/15 10:33 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: f22b-dohc]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
movies on physical media?.. da fuq

#8104183 - 02/23/15 11:43 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: phoenixrage]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

I don't even know wtf to do with my old movies I had on DVD \:\| Feels like such a waste to dump/donate them... That shit used to cost $20-40 each! \:o

I feel for the suckers that bought BR discs...

Originally Posted By: phoenixrage

#8104695 - 02/23/15 06:20 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
f22b-dohc Offline
Post Master Supreme

I don't even know wtf to do with my old movies I had on DVD \:\| Feels like such a waste to dump/donate them... That shit used to cost $20-40 each! \:o

I like seeing Dolby, dts hd master blah blah light up on my receiver

#8104703 - 02/23/15 06:24 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: f22b-dohc]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: f22b-dohc

Hmm all my downloaded content has the above encoded...

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#8105107 - 02/24/15 08:12 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Hatorade]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

#8105121 - 02/24/15 08:38 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

I grabbed some beaver canoe track pants because white trash

#8105146 - 02/24/15 08:56 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land

lmao

#8105156 - 02/24/15 09:05 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

\:D

#8105572 - 02/24/15 01:03 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Hatorade]
f22b-dohc Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: f22b-dohc

Hmm all my downloaded content has the above encoded...

pass me some hatorade

i cant be bothered Dl'ing. - i stream and 2 channel is ok; but if i like the movie i'll buy the blueray for the hell of it and blast it.

#8105632 - 02/24/15 01:31 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: f22b-dohc]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Pft.. scrub

#8106174 - 02/24/15 08:31 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: phoenixrage]
f22b-dohc Offline
Post Master Supreme

What u guys think? Lg pb56 60 inch

639.99 less 5% daily tv..yay nay? Replace 8 year old 42 plasma

I wanted 50 4k < 1000 but don't see a benefit yet..

Edited by f22b-dohc (02/24/15 08:32 PM)

#8106190 - 02/24/15 08:47 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: f22b-dohc]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

how does the pb56 compare to pb66 ?

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=238_1209_240&item_id=074461

#8106556 - 02/25/15 09:04 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: phoenixrage]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

It's official... $5.1B to exit..

http://www.businessinsider.com/target-q4-earnings-2015-2

Quote:
On January 14, 2015, following a comprehensive assessment of Canadian operations, Target’s Board of Directors approved a plan to discontinue operating stores in Canada. As a result of the decision, Target recorded a pretax impairment loss and other charges of $(5,105) million in fourth quarter 2014. After-tax losses from discontinued operations were $(3,600) million in fourth quarter, or $(5.59) per share, and $(4,085) million in full-year 2014, or $(6.38) per share.

Edited by furball (02/25/15 09:16 PM)

#8106585 - 02/25/15 09:18 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: furball]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

that's nuts

#8106604 - 02/25/15 09:26 AM Re: target closing in canada [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Wow business plan

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#8107497 - 02/25/15 06:36 PM Re: target closing in canada [Re: phoenixrage]
f22b-dohc Offline
Post Master Supreme

no idea

Thought u geeks would know; I'm out of the loop

Page all of 6 12345>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads