Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#7977851 - 11/24/14 07:53 AM Recommend me a no-fee MasterCard vCostco
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
Any reco's for this?

I'm thinking of just getting the ghetto MC from my bank, RBC. It won't be seeing much action as it's specifically only for Costco purchases starting Jan 1. So given that, even those 2% cash back will be moot. I'll be lucky to get $10 back in a year..

I collect RBC points and AirMiles (via Shell, LCBO), but that's about it... No cray RFD-level Asian collecting...

I currently have:
- RBC Visa (since I was a uni student...) Collecting ghetto RBC points.
- Amex AirMiles (free) ... Primarily for Shell AirMiles.

Edited by furball (11/24/14 08:54 AM)

#7977889 - 11/24/14 08:26 AM Re: Recommend me a no-fee MasterCard vCostco [Re: furball]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
i'm thinking of doing the same. But I was thinking of dumping all other CC's too .
I have one of each (V/MC/AX). I'm not a balance runner tho. I have a scene visa but I don't really go to movies all that often anymore so its become moot. Airmiles has become trash as well so I was thinking of dumping all and just having the costco MC.

#7977954 - 11/24/14 08:50 AM Re: Recommend me a no-fee MasterCard vCostco [Re: Raocorp]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
What's wrong with the deal costco setup with a MasterCard company?
#7978039 - 11/24/14 09:29 AM Re: Recommend me a no-fee MasterCard vCostco [Re: loudsubz]
fatso Offline
Post Master

Loc: Ontario
I was reading on costco.ca that they accept Visa for online purchases...

Quote:
All prices and dollar amounts on this site are in Canadian dollars. Costco.ca accepts the following credit cards: MasterCard (the preferred credit card of Costco.ca), VISA and American Express.

(http://www.costco.ca/online-shopping.html)

Maybe they accept Visa at the stores/pumps too... I haven't gotten around to trying it yet though.

#7978343 - 11/24/14 11:15 AM Re: Recommend me a no-fee MasterCard vCostco [Re: fatso]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario, Canada
Your return on the Costco card is going to be shit if it's just Costco spend cause you earn 0.5% under $3k. It is really good for restaurants though at 3%.

Otherwise, the MBNA Smartcash is a decent card as is the Cap One Travel World Aspire, but that one has a fee.

#7978392 - 11/24/14 11:29 AM Re: Recommend me a no-fee MasterCard vCostco [Re: loudsubz]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Yeah.... looking at the added benefits, seems to be best bet for now...

http://www.capitalone.ca/credit-cards/costco/

Quote:
EVERYDAY PLATINUM BENEFITS

Price Protection Service

When you use your Capital One credit card to buy a new item in Canada that is offered for sale at a lower price within 60 days of purchase, Price Protection Service pays you the difference up to $100 per item and $500 per calendar year.

Purchase Assurance

Most personal items purchased are automatically insured against theft, loss or damage anywhere in the world for 120 days from the date of purchase when the full cost of the item is charged to your Capital One credit card. Covered items will be replaced or repaired or the purchase price will be reimbursed at the insurance company's discretion.

Extended Warranty

When you use your Capital One credit card to purchase most personal items (and the full cost of the item is charged to your card), Extended Warranty coverage automatically doubles the original manufacturer's warranty for up to two years.

Originally Posted By: loudsubz
What's wrong with the deal costco setup with a MasterCard company?

#7978463 - 11/24/14 11:53 AM Re: Recommend me a no-fee MasterCard vCostco [Re: furball]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
And you don't have to carry the Costco membership card separately.

#7979520 - 11/24/14 05:42 PM Re: Recommend me a no-fee MasterCard vCostco [Re: porschetr]
Cee_mon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Barrie, Ontario
I heard amazon has a card out or coming out. I would check that bad boy out.

#8173526 - 04/16/15 07:54 AM Re: Recommend me a no-fee MasterCard vCostco [Re: Cee_mon]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

I picked up the CapitalOne no-fee MC with Costco ...

Cleaning out my old mail, I found a cash back rebate coupon for like $4.

How do you use this? Just hand it to cashier? Reading the back, it says you can only use ONE per year. (I had to re-read that.)

On the CapitalOne website, it says "Year-to-date cash back balance* $16.28"

#8173677 - 04/16/15 09:10 AM Re: Recommend me a no-fee MasterCard vCostco [Re: furball]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Congraz? now you can live life in a faux baller status?

#8173980 - 04/16/15 11:35 AM Re: Recommend me a no-fee MasterCard vCostco [Re: furball]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
 Originally Posted By: furball
I picked up the CapitalOne no-fee MC with Costco ...

Cleaning out my old mail, I found a cash back rebate coupon for like $4.

How do you use this? Just hand it to cashier? Reading the back, it says you can only use ONE per year. (I had to re-read that.)

On the CapitalOne website, it says "Year-to-date cash back balance* $16.28"

The Costco rebate coupon, you sign it and present it to cashier (check for expiry date) and the $4 goes toward your purchase.

#8173985 - 04/16/15 11:37 AM Re: Recommend me a no-fee MasterCard vCostco [Re: iamfob]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

I recently switched my Visa to a BMO World Elite MC. I was paying $110 annually with the Visa but with the new BMO MC, I am paying a little more ($150 annually) but I find it has the best returns on rewards. I can use it for all my purchases including Costco. One card for everything

#8174230 - 04/16/15 01:43 PM Re: Recommend me a no-fee MasterCard vCostco [Re: iamfob]
Denshu Offline

Loc: toronto ontario
Ballers! world elite .....i just got one too \:D so do we get free drinks in VIP lounge at airport?
#8174353 - 04/16/15 02:35 PM Re: Recommend me a no-fee MasterCard vCostco [Re: Denshu]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Denshu
Ballers! world elite .....i just got one too \:D so do we get free drinks in VIP lounge at airport?

I haven't try the airport lounge pass yet but I look forward to use it on my next trip \:\)

#8174670 - 04/16/15 05:37 PM Re: Recommend me a no-fee MasterCard vCostco [Re: iamfob]
87ZCSi Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Portland and Toronto
Tell me more about this lounge access
#8174716 - 04/16/15 06:22 PM Re: Recommend me a no-fee MasterCard vCostco [Re: 87ZCSi]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Yep.. I also have the BMO World Elite MC as well.

#8174789 - 04/16/15 07:00 PM Re: Recommend me a no-fee MasterCard vCostco [Re: 87ZCSi]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: 87ZCSi
Tell me more about this lounge access

4 lounges visit per year

BMO World Elite Benefits
 Originally Posted By: BMO
Benefits provided by Priority Pass Inc. Value of the Priority Pass membership is calculated as follows: standard membership (US$99) plus 4 free VIP lounge visits per membership year (worth US$108). Value and benefits of the complementary Priority Pass membership are subject to change without notice.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads