Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#7930612 - 10/24/14 10:17 PM just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone?
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
ISIS, ISIL, whatever they call themselves.

I'm listening to the radio and reading articles. People saying we should talk and discuss, and we shouldn't involve ourselves because 'they'll make us a target' or 'we'll end up killing innocent people over there.' Personally, I don't think we can sit idle. These people don't intend to stop when they get a small piece. They want it all.

I don't claim to know a whole lot or have an answer, but from what I've read and seen, we really need to remove these people completely. I'll keep an open mind to any arguments to the contrary. Just want to learn more.

#7930615 - 10/24/14 10:19 PM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: 4Three]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
Freedom isn't free. We cannot stand idly by while these guys grow stronger and stronger.
#7930883 - 10/25/14 09:13 AM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
Another scapegoat leading us to some bs war \:\|

#7930910 - 10/25/14 09:56 AM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: Euphoricuck]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

I'd prefer not to get involved as Canada, but it makes it tough especially considering our global position (dependent on US/UK for national security). Seeing Americans/British people getting slaughtered, we should step up, it's the right thing to do. The extent to which we get involved is a different story, but again I am pretty sure it's not up to Canada anyway.
#7930946 - 10/25/14 10:34 AM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: Risky Business]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
i honestly don't know how we can turn a blind eye. i suppose if their beef was strictly with one country, then it would be easier to stand back, but it's the entire western culture they hate. it doesn't stop there, cause they hate on other Muslims who don't subscribe to their version of Islam. I saw a video where a bunch of Sunni ISIS guys rounded up a bunch of Shias, laid them face down in the dirt and just double tapped everyone. then later they marched another bunch of men to the edge of the water and just leaded them in the head and let them fall in. it's fucking brutal and it needs to stop.

#7930955 - 10/25/14 10:50 AM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: 4Three]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

So go enlist

#7930958 - 10/25/14 10:55 AM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: 4Three]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: 4Three
i honestly don't know how we can turn a blind eye. i suppose if their beef was strictly with one country, then it would be easier to stand back, but it's the entire western culture they hate. it doesn't stop there, cause they hate on other Muslims who don't subscribe to their version of Islam. I saw a video where a bunch of Sunni ISIS guys rounded up a bunch of Shias, laid them face down in the dirt and just double tapped everyone. then later they marched another bunch of men to the edge of the water and just leaded them in the head and let them fall in. it's fucking brutal and it needs to stop.

I agree with you fundamentally, but it's not a war that can be won or an issue that can be resolved (especially by the west)...that's why I don't support military involvement.

#7930959 - 10/25/14 10:57 AM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: Euphoricuck]
Cee_mon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Barrie, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: Euphoric
Another scapegoat leading us to some bs war \:\|

+1

#7930964 - 10/25/14 11:01 AM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: Cee_mon]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

the attack on parliament, from what evidence was published, wasn't planned by isis or any such other fundamentalist group

this was a deranged man, who yes was a convert to islam, but also had a beef with the government because of a passport issue.

he was also known to abuse drugs and in poor mental health.

that doesnt mean that isis isn't a real threat. it also doesn't mean that this one guy didn't deserve what happened to him.

but it's unsettling to know that this isolated attack will be used as a pretense to further encroach on civil rights, incl. right to privacy and right against unreasonable search and seizure.

#7930978 - 10/25/14 11:14 AM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: Risky Business]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business
 Originally Posted By: 4Three

I agree with you fundamentally, but it's not a war that can be won or an issue that can be resolved (especially by the west)...that's why I don't support military involvement.

I agree 100%.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#7931076 - 10/25/14 01:53 PM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: spd-dmn]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Yup it's a mental health issue not "terrorist" bs.

And completely agree it's pretty low to use it to remove more of our rights and freedoms.

#7931190 - 10/25/14 05:13 PM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: Euphoricuck]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

I'm not talking about what happened in Ottawa. My POV is that as one of the countries in the free world, we have an obligation to do something. If you don't want to be an attacker, play the humanitarian/peacekeeper role that Canada has traditionally played.

What happenes when these guys get their hands on material for a dirty bomb? Its obvious they are well funded and armed, so some Muslim country must be assisting them.

#7931216 - 10/25/14 05:37 PM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

This is a far too complex of a situation that we (our government) are applying some simplistic knee jerk “solutions” to something that we cannot solve.

As it stands right now, “we” feel it’s our obligation to help out the helpless in the middle east via military action. It’s a noble cause and all, but let’s put things into perspective:

Given what’s happening in the middle east, there are two options, we either get involved militarily with no quantifiable way to determine what “winning” is or we watch from the sidelines and provide humanitarian aid.

Getting involved militarily at least gives the chance to pat ourselves on the back (which is what the government seems to be after even though it has no measureable positive output) as we didn’t just stand back and watch people get killed, but as history has shown with our involvement most likely more civilians will die as a result as well as our own soldiers….all for nothing.

For those of you who have read freakonomics this is a perfect example of their penalty kicks analogy, the government is doing what makes it look best on the world stage, rather than what’s good and most effective (subconsciously)

I am all for helping people in the middle east and stopping ISIS, but I am positive nothing will change regardless of how many troops we dump there.

#7931287 - 10/25/14 07:12 PM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: Risky Business]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
I'm kinda sick of sitting on the sidelines while everyone else fights these battles. Grow some balls and get involved.

As for what happened in Ottawa and earlier in Quebec, lol @ it being a mental health issue.

#7931377 - 10/25/14 08:29 PM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: LNXGUY]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

^ grow some balls ? Did you enlist ?

We won't solveproblems that have been around for thousands of years.

Risky nailed it.

#7931379 - 10/25/14 08:30 PM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: LNXGUY]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
lol @ it being a mental health issue.
please expand. Enlighten us

#7931417 - 10/25/14 09:00 PM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: Euphoricuck]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
I'm not allowed to have the opinion that I think we should be a bit more involved in the middle east then we currently are?

As for it being a mental health issue, are you serious? This fucker was on his way to Syria that's the only reason he was in Ottawa. You think he was going there for a vacation?

Should I even mention the shit he was reading before he decided to go on this rampage? Mental health, lol riiiiiiiiight.

#7931481 - 10/25/14 10:01 PM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: LNXGUY]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
I think we should be a bit more involved in the middle east then we currently are?

What will this accomplish?

#7931525 - 10/25/14 10:35 PM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: Risky Business]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
And now we have arrived at the main problem of being a multi cultural society... These people make me feel that some cultures are not meant to mix with others.

#7931674 - 10/26/14 07:59 AM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: phoenixrage]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Sometimes, I think the same, I can't see how their values are compatible with western values at all. Look at the issues that the UK is having, you can't even go into some neighbourhoods due to them proclaiming that sharia law is in effect. Look at the issues that France is having with the vast swaths of ghettos, because they don't want to integrate.

While the majority of Muslims are peaceful, their fringe is not. I can't see this problem getting any better with our current immigration system

#7931715 - 10/26/14 09:15 AM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I am not a Muslim apologist, but Canada can't be compared to Europe. Don't forget the Brits and the French are very racist so there is significantly more animosity and resentment between them and immigrants.
#7932239 - 10/26/14 04:59 PM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: Risky Business]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
I think Canada should get involved to some extent. I doubt anything can be accomplished, such as america continuing to war like this forever.

What i think is happening, as with most things such as medical diseases, conditions, sickness....is that America doesn't need to cure anything. They just need to control it. I mean, warring over there is better than the fight on our door steps.

As much money as this war is costing, i'm sure America benefiting from this "war" more.

#7933021 - 10/27/14 08:00 AM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: OracerO]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
US as a whole continues to have an issue with how they want to handle ISIS. They're trying to be arms-length for fear of the American public going apeshit over troops on the ground. NO ONE, not 1 fucking country, wants to have THEIR troops on the ground, for fear of public outcries if/when a soldier gets deaded or even worse, unheaded.

Even now, with this whole bombing shit from 1209432 miles away; it's taken too long. And even with this bombing shit, they're only bombing strongholds, etc.

ISIS as a whole is making well over $1M USD a fucking DAY in illegal activities, most of it selling oil to the Assad regime at below-market rates (or some shit like that)... Kidnapping ransoms are also up there, but oil is where it's at. They have a fucking stockpile of cash to pay their soldiers, in addition to getting weapons if they so require them. This is a different beast, and NO ONE at this point (US included) have eyes or ears on the ground or spies for good intel.

There will be bestsellers and maybe textbooks on how these fucking motherfuckers manage themselves; they're fucking threatening farmers, taking their wheat, grinding that shit down, and selling it, thereby not only making money, but also controlling the food supplies... Fucking brilliance.

Their fucking digital ISIS magazine for recruiting? Pretty fucking slick - these aren't Taliban fuckers fucking goats in their caves, they're fucking female virgin brides who have been brainwashed and can no longer leave...

An interesting note: that whole 72 virgin bullshit? A buddy pointed out they never specified they were 72 human females ... Goats? Hairy-assed ISIS men? They all count

Canada, not only as a leader in the world, can't simply turn a 'blind eye' and 'hope & pray' that just BECAUSE we don't get involved, they'll leave us alone. All it needs is 1 fucktard Canadian with a Canadian passport to go there, and they behead them, and then what? THEN we jump in? Just think...... Even if you flew there to be an ISIS fighter, they can always turn on you... As long as you have a Canadian/US passport, 'look' white, they can always shave your head, shave your fucking beard, put you in an orange jump suit, fuck you up the ass, put you on video, then behead your ass...

Ebola... we gotta ship some Ebola over there...

BTW those Vice videos on ISIS are really fucking interedasting ...

sauce re: $1M/day in oil: http://www.businessinsider.com/isis-ransoms-20-million-treasury-says-2014-10

Edited by furball (10/27/14 08:17 AM)

#7933161 - 10/27/14 09:14 AM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: furball
US as a whole continues to have an issue with how they want to handle ISIS. They're trying to be arms-length for fear of the American public going apeshit over troops on the ground. NO ONE, not 1 fucking country, wants to have THEIR troops on the ground, for fear of public outcries if/when a soldier gets deaded or even worse, unheaded.

Even now, with this whole bombing shit from 1209432 miles away; it's taken too long. And even with this bombing shit, they're only bombing strongholds, etc.

ISIS as a whole is making well over $1M USD a fucking DAY in illegal activities, most of it selling oil to the Assad regime at below-market rates (or some shit like that)... Kidnapping ransoms are also up there, but oil is where it's at. They have a fucking stockpile of cash to pay their soldiers, in addition to getting weapons if they so require them. This is a different beast, and NO ONE at this point (US included) have eyes or ears on the ground or spies for good intel.

There will be bestsellers and maybe textbooks on how these fucking motherfuckers manage themselves; they're fucking threatening farmers, taking their wheat, grinding that shit down, and selling it, thereby not only making money, but also controlling the food supplies... Fucking brilliance.

Their fucking digital ISIS magazine for recruiting? Pretty fucking slick - these aren't Taliban fuckers fucking goats in their caves, they're fucking female virgin brides who have been brainwashed and can no longer leave...

An interesting note: that whole 72 virgin bullshit? A buddy pointed out they never specified they were 72 human females ... Goats? Hairy-assed ISIS men? They all count

Canada, not only as a leader in the world, can't simply turn a 'blind eye' and 'hope & pray' that just BECAUSE we don't get involved, they'll leave us alone. All it needs is 1 fucktard Canadian with a Canadian passport to go there, and they behead them, and then what? THEN we jump in? Just think...... Even if you flew there to be an ISIS fighter, they can always turn on you... As long as you have a Canadian/US passport, 'look' white, they can always shave your head, shave your fucking beard, put you in an orange jump suit, fuck you up the ass, put you on video, then behead your ass...

sauce re: $1M/day in oil: http://www.businessinsider.com/isis-ransoms-20-million-treasury-says-2014-10

\:\|

Easy there rambo.

#7933305 - 10/27/14 10:19 AM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: furball]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: furball

#7938759 - 10/29/14 11:30 PM Re: just curious, who thinks Canada should leave ISIS alone? [Re: Euphoricuck]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

I hope people here have a few brain cells the realize the bullshit propaganda fear mongering bs going on right now by the cons and the media.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads