Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#7876469 - 09/22/14 07:47 PM Recommend me a good voip phone.
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

I am currently with vbuzzer and I am done with this piece of shit "company" with non existent customer support.

Who are you using? How much? Are you happy? Is it reliable?

#7876523 - 09/22/14 08:36 PM Re: Recommend me a good voip phone. [Re: Risky Business]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Whats wrong with vbuzzer? Ive had it for 5 years and haven't had any issues until last week when my plan expired and I lost service for a day. Enrolled in the new updated plan and all is well. Granted we don't use it for much other than local home phone. Customer service has never been an issue, submit a ticket online and get a response next day.
#7876567 - 09/22/14 08:56 PM Re: Recommend me a good voip phone. [Re: loudsubz]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Plan expired, phone number no longer works for incoming (this happened before and it wasn't an issue - like you didn't have one). I reset everything, now it says I don't have enough credits. I buy more credits than I need, still same message. Restart everything, nothing. Waited a few "business days" now I can make outgoing calls, but can't get incoming and when I call people no one picks up. WTF, I even called to order to Chinese Food and even they didn't pick up. I called 3-4 times and finally a guy picked up and wouldn't speak until I said "hello" like ten times. I asked him why he wasn't picking up, he said my number shows up as "00000000000" sure enough I called my cell phone and it's 0000000000.

I *contacted* their customer service outlining all the issues and in chronological order on September 8th, no response. Fuck them, fuck that piece of shit company and the unreliable shit service they *provide*. I should've known, if a company has no customer service phone number it's probably mickey mouse pos.

#7876591 - 09/22/14 09:15 PM Re: Recommend me a good voip phone. [Re: Risky Business]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
my wifes bro and parents use ooma and seem happy. i dunno much about it other than you can get the hardware at costco.

i use slingshotvoip.com for work pretty much just as a call fwd service but its been good.
not sure if it would be useful for a home phone. pm me i can get you a free month trial.

#7876612 - 09/22/14 09:25 PM Re: Recommend me a good voip phone. [Re: Risky Business]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business
Plan expired, phone number no longer works for incoming (this happened before and it wasn't an issue - like you didn't have one). I reset everything, now it says I don't have enough credits. I buy more credits than I need, still same message. Restart everything, nothing. Waited a few "business days" now I can make outgoing calls, but can't get incoming and when I call people no one picks up. WTF, I even called to order to Chinese Food and even they didn't pick up. I called 3-4 times and finally a guy picked up and wouldn't speak until I said "hello" like ten times. I asked him why he wasn't picking up, he said my number shows up as "00000000000" sure enough I called my cell phone and it's 0000000000.

I *contacted* their customer service outlining all the issues and in chronological order on September 8th, no response. Fuck them, fuck that piece of shit company and the unreliable shit service they *provide*. I should've known, if a company has no customer service phone number it's probably mickey mouse pos.

It can be a little daunting as the cheaper plans sort of require you to tweak your own hardware and rely on others to get help if things aren't going to plan. When I first got the service, I had to search high and low for answers on how to setup the linksys pap2 properly for any minor issues I was having. Once I tweaked it, has run great ever since.

Have you tried using the vbuzzer iphone/android app and see if you can make calls on it? I had that 0000000 error when my plan expired, but the next day they enrolled me in the new plan with my old number and it went back to normal.

Did you check on your online account to see if someone replied to your message?

#7876916 - 09/23/14 08:02 AM Re: Recommend me a good voip phone. [Re: loudsubz]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
iTalkBB...

You need to deal with ChinAr Engrish CS, and you pay more than the low low end prices, but apparently they're solid.

I know someone that uses 20 lines as business lines, and momma just signed up as well...

#7876919 - 09/23/14 08:03 AM Re: Recommend me a good voip phone. [Re: furball]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
The one that the techie guys use around here is voip.ms ... Uber cheap, they don't bitch about quality so I assume it's ok...
#7881918 - 09/25/14 08:32 PM Re: Recommend me a good voip phone. [Re: furball]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

I use voip.ms for my business
#7887109 - 09/29/14 04:04 PM Re: Recommend me a good voip phone. [Re: xza8]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
iTalkBB

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads