Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#7789167 - 07/24/14 11:45 AM collaborative licensing question
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: MD
a guy messaged me over the weekend after my accident about working together on some projects since he noticed that I primarily do photography and he likes to do video (he has about 9 copters and quad copters).

we're supposed to work together this weekend in a joint effort to cover an event but should I set up a collective collaboration agreement to protect my work from him using it for his gain or should I leave it as a collaboration between the two entities and hope/assume that my work will be showcased on his site giving me credit for what I contributed.

yes I can and do watermark my images but at the same time, I will not watermark mine in a way that it totally destroys the body of work that went into an image (I've heard of people adding info into the data of a photograph to establish clam/protect their work there as well)

..you can NEVER out train a bad diet -- FitExcellence

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#7789226 - 07/24/14 11:59 AM Re: collaborative licensing question [Re: Duc]
LNXGUY Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
I'd lose the watermarks all together. Tacky and they don't protect anything to be honest. Talk to him beforehand, lay the ground rules (ie photo credit) and be done with it.

I'm assuming neither of you are getting paid to cover this event?

#7789257 - 07/24/14 12:15 PM Re: collaborative licensing question [Re: LNXGUY]
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

nope Bill but it will have major sponsors and teams there that can lead to potential jobs.

he had a one on one shoot with one of the major shock companies in the industry last sunday.

some of this makes me feel as though it's a "let's work together so that I can prosper while you....." when I sat back and did my research on him, his website, and his facebook page (people are starting to use these as mediums to push social media traffic over to their website to help them grow) as well as people who we've worked with.

#7789290 - 07/24/14 12:33 PM Re: collaborative licensing question [Re: Duc]
LNXGUY Offline
Post Master Supreme

It sounds like he's on his way already, might be a chance for you to ride his coat tails a bit and meet up with some potential contacts. Just make sure you've got some business cards or something to hand out with your website, etc.. Sounds like a good opportunity to be honest.

#7789294 - 07/24/14 12:35 PM Re: collaborative licensing question [Re: LNXGUY]
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

thanks Bill.

appreciate the advice.

I have a really good amount of business cards already made. Nate gave me a good site that helped me out

#7789297 - 07/24/14 12:37 PM Re: collaborative licensing question [Re: Duc]
LNXGUY Offline
Post Master Supreme

Sweet! Let us know how the event goes.

#7800613 - 07/31/14 09:20 PM Re: collaborative licensing question [Re: LNXGUY]
GB Offline
Sharesies!
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Craigslist
You're taking this photo thing way too seriously at the juncture you're at.

#7800676 - 07/31/14 10:28 PM Re: collaborative licensing question [Re: GB]
Nate047 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: La La Land, CA
 Originally Posted By: gb
You're taking this photo thing way too seriously at the juncture you're at.

I disagree on this. It's never too early to take it seriously from a business standpoint, lots of people get fucked over in the beginning so if you can protect yourself, why not. No matter what the future holds for one's career, it's never bad to think about stuff like this.

Ty, I would just talk to the guy off record and make sure you are on the same page, and if you do want to draft a contract you can use legal zoom or something like that. If there is a potential for a lot of money or something else we're not privy to, use a real lawyer.

Nate
"Nate047 > NateSTL" - TenTwelve
"As long as I have a face, you'll always have a place to sit." - SlowBlackCar

*insert picture of stock Fit here*

#7800799 - 08/01/14 05:15 AM Re: collaborative licensing question [Re: Nate047]
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

easiest thing to say without standing on the soapbox wasting everyone's time reading this is that my dedication to my craft and delivering a solid product is more than his. yes, he's learned how to fly copters for aerial footage but his deliverables and the presentation of them thru social media and external websites is not on par with where mine are.

when i started seeing that i had creators of some of the biggest websites and companies following my work and praising some of the pictures....i had begin to take my work serious.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  jsmonet, x, 2000SiRacer, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads