It's Art Offline
Bitch of the Deer
Post Master Supreme

Don't eat
#7662244 - 04/23/14 09:25 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: ]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nor Cal, Hella hurr durr
I hate running too (but I'm also not skinny) anyone NOT think that's a coincidence?

#7662255 - 04/23/14 09:29 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: stickaz_old]
It's Art Offline
Bitch of the Deer
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: stickaz
I hate running too (but I'm also not skinny) anyone NOT think that's a coincidence?
it's not.

#7662648 - 04/24/14 08:33 AM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: It's Art]
The Mighty BellRacer Offline
Despises overt racism
Post Master Supreme

Loc: DFW
ride the bike.
#7663340 - 04/24/14 01:29 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: The Mighty BellRacer]
McCavityCat Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: MA
just because you run, bike, and swim doesnt mean you can eat whatever you want whenever you want.
If you dont have the metabolism for it you are screwed regardless.

#7663351 - 04/24/14 01:33 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: McCavityCat]
wolfsburg2 Offline
Post Master Supreme

If you run bike and swim enough you literally couldn't eat enough to be fat.

#7663389 - 04/24/14 01:58 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: wolfsburg2]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Edmonton
I run all the time and I hate it.

#7663390 - 04/24/14 01:58 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: McCavityCat]
dirtyS13drifta
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: McCavityCat
just because you run, bike, and swim doesnt mean you can eat whatever you want whenever you want.
If you dont have the metabolism for it you are screwed regardless.

So you think all runners just eat great? because there aren't many folks that actually RUN marathons who are fat. Think it's a coincidence?

I pretty much guarantee if you ran 20 miles a week for a year(assuming you don't get injured) you won't be fat.

#7663413 - 04/24/14 02:19 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: ]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

I like oversimplifications as much as the next guy but I'd say consistent running pretty much means being a tubbo is impossible. To Art's counterpoint I'd agree that just because you run [a little? medium amount?] doesn't mean you are skinny-ish even if you've been doing it a long time. Sure there's a McDonalds everywhere and all that.

I'm sure it's possible to still be a tubbo and do this but the fluff-factor in diet/intake is a bit more generous if you're a runner.

This probably sounds ridiculous but the more I swim the heavier I get \:\| I am not the first to notice this. Something might be broken in the appetite reduction/feedback loop thingy that runners get. Or probably just a coincidence. Sure I could buy that.

/leaves thread to the experts

#7663466 - 04/24/14 02:45 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: stickaz_old]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

I workout like mad, eat pretty clean and I don't have any green light for food. I go on vacation and I still workout. Even when I went for hernia and shoulder surgeries, I was biking/jogging within 10 days.

While I'm not tubbo, I do think for the effort I put in on both sides, I shouldn't have to really watch what I eat as much as I do.

I was diagnosed with hypo thryrodism. Sweet, I figured that must contribute. Been on a treatment for a year, zero change \:\|

#7663494 - 04/24/14 02:55 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: Impulsive]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

you're just on that synthroid whatever replacement drug right? I forget hypo means you produce too little thryoid enzyme/hormone/whatever [not an MD obviously I barely took a bio class ever]

#7663557 - 04/24/14 03:24 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: stickaz_old]
Ampsman in Extremis Offline
I PITY THE FOOL!
Post Master Supreme

Loc: San Jose, Ca, USA
Its all about metabolism. I have a fast metabolism and throw in the amount of running I do and I have to eat ridiculous amounts to keep any weight on. \:\(

Paki: 3:36

#7663565 - 04/24/14 03:25 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: Ampsman in Extremis]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

do u even los gatos creek trail /creepy strava stalker

#7663693 - 04/24/14 05:09 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: stickaz_old]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

Yeah, on Synthroid. 4 doctors have been "OMG, how do you feel!" expecting me to feel so much better, but I feel zero difference even though my TSH levels are in the normal.

Doc sent me for a ton of other tests, but being slightly low on testostorone isn't something that needs treatment. Plus, they ask about erections and performance and shit and I've got zero issues. 0-wood in no time doc!

#7663744 - 04/24/14 05:50 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: Ampsman in Extremis]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Long Beach, CA
 Originally Posted By: ampsman
Its all about metabolism. I have a fast metabolism and throw in the amount of running I do and I have to eat ridiculous amounts to keep any weight on. \:\(

You son of a bitch. Doesn't help that you're built like a gazelle.

I'm just a fatty that runs a lot and just barely manages to stay on the "not fat" side of the scale. I know from experience that I can get really skinny if I really focus on my diet...but that's no fun, lol.

As an example, I literally just walked in the door from a 1.5 hour/10 mile run and I am also about to go down to the local seafood place and gorge myself silly. Fuck it... I'm on vacation. \:D

#7663785 - 04/24/14 06:31 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: Sir Ironpool]
Design Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: The OC
I think metabolism is waaay too overused when it comes to weight (not by anyone here). It really comes down to calories in vs. calories out. And I think we all agree if you do any exercise enough, it becomes increasingly difficult to over-consume.

That said, I'm going to follow Ironmom's lead and have a 3x3 Animal Style burger after my run tomorrow.
89 Camaro - Sold
CSI. What's your diversion?

#7663871 - 04/24/14 07:48 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: Design]
It's Art Offline
Bitch of the Deer
Post Master Supreme

I could out eat my training easily

It's simple math. How long to burn 2k calories vs how long to eat? I can crush food.

#7663896 - 04/24/14 08:01 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: It's Art]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Long Beach, CA
Yup...it takes an hour to burn a 1000 calories but I can eat that in about 3 minutes.

#7663909 - 04/24/14 08:11 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: Sir Ironpool]
It's Art Offline
Bitch of the Deer
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Mrs. Ironmom
Yup...it takes an hour to burn a 1000 calories but I can eat that in about 3 minutes.
"fast metabolism" people just don't eat. I mean, I know "fast metabolism" exists, it certainly does but, mostly these people can't put down the food like other people. I can eat a scary amount of shitty food. I mean, I'm the type of guy that goes to a fast food drive thru alone and pretends he's on the phone with other people taking their orders too just so the person at the window doesn't judge me based on the massive amount of food I just ordered. Then I park in a random parking lot away from everyone and eat it and cry.

#7663999 - 04/24/14 09:04 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: It's Art]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

I know somewhat metabolism people. They eat pizza, fast food, restaurant shit, drink beer and stay slim. As they get to their mid 30's, they are now just starting to get small bellies.

I don't bother eating like that. Seems to take me forever to drop weight. I made a thread last year where I gained like 3-4 pounds in a day and a half everyone said water weight, bloat, etc, but took 6-8 weeks to drop it.

#7664022 - 04/24/14 09:16 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: Impulsive]
It's Art Offline
Bitch of the Deer
Post Master Supreme

I could put 20 pounds on the scale in two week, at most.
#7664048 - 04/24/14 09:34 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: It's Art]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Jayhawk Country
 Originally Posted By: Uncle Arto
"fast metabolism" people just don't eat. I mean, I know "fast metabolism" exists, it certainly does but, mostly these people can't put down the food like other people. I can eat a scary amount of shitty food. I mean, I'm the type of guy that goes to a fast food drive thru alone and pretends he's on the phone with other people taking their orders too just so the person at the window doesn't judge me based on the massive amount of food I just ordered. Then I park in a random parking lot away from everyone and eat it and cry.

Dat feel. I knowz it.

#7664124 - 04/24/14 10:51 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: Impulsive]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: RI
 Originally Posted By: Impulsive
I know somewhat metabolism people. They eat pizza, fast food, restaurant shit, drink beer and stay slim. As they get to their mid 30's, they are now just starting to get small bellies.

I don't bother eating like that. Seems to take me forever to drop weight. I made a thread last year where I gained like 3-4 pounds in a day and a half everyone said water weight, bloat, etc, but took 6-8 weeks to drop it.

42 in a few weeks. Any slip-up whatsoever amounts to extra lbs for me--even in a week involving 100+ miles on the bike--and that's with me eating WAY cleaner/more consciously than 10-12 years ago.

It is what it is.

still have an EM1--go figure

#7664266 - 04/25/14 07:25 AM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: Silock]
It's Art Offline
Bitch of the Deer
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Silock
 Originally Posted By: Uncle Arto

Dat feel. I knowz it.
/hug

#7664447 - 04/25/14 09:06 AM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: It's Art]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
I agree. The "fast metabolism" people , their family and friends usually are amazed when dude goes out with them and pounds "insert whatever meal they are eating". omg bro you eat so much. blah blah.
meanwhile its his only meal that day. And he probably wont have another meal like that in a week ;\)

I have cut back to zero cardio and have kept things mostly in check...by not over eating.
Its very easy to over eat especially if you are ordering out/getting fast food.

Stay away from that and eat relatively clean diet. Your body will take care of the rest.

Also for the older folks I find the, I had pizza/wings and beer and gained 10 lbs bit...is only temporary and almost always amounts to water retention/bloating.
Its not legit fat mass. Especially if its a once in a while type meal. After a day or so of back to normal your body will get rid of that excess water and sodium.

#7664497 - 04/25/14 09:25 AM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: Euphoricuck]
wolfsburg2 Offline
Post Master Supreme

thats all well and good but there are people, and a lot of them, that eat crap and drink a million beers every day and couldnt' gain weight if they tried.

#7664554 - 04/25/14 09:53 AM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: Euphoricuck]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Euphoric

Also for the older folks I find the, I had pizza/wings and beer and gained 10 lbs bit...is only temporary and almost always amounts to water retention/bloating.
Its not legit fat mass. Especially if its a once in a while type meal. After a day or so of back to normal your body will get rid of that excess water and sodium.

While 10 lbs is an exageration, it's simply true in my case. It's not a bit of water weight and it takes a couple weeks of hard work to get back to my baseline.

We went to Mexico for a week in January. We still eat fairly clean on vacation, other than drinking more, but much of that is still rum/diet. We eat almost identically, though I eat/drink a bit more because much bigger. We go for runs, play volleyball, swim, etc. I gained 4 pounds. Wife gained 2. Within two days, she was normal. I'm still 2 pounds up. I weigh myself twice a day and know exactly my typical fluctuations.

I will add, I'm consistent with my diet, so I don't go on large cuts or bulks. I pretty much eat the same/exercise the same with small changes (couple smaller meals here and there). It's just something I've learned over the years, but it's definitely real.

#7664679 - 04/25/14 11:04 AM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: wolfsburg2]
McCavityCat Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: MA
 Originally Posted By: WB2
thats all well and good but there are people, and a lot of them, that eat crap and drink a million beers every day and couldnt' gain weight if they tried.

Thats myself. I am a "fast metabolism" person as you put it and i eat, eat, eat, all day to try and add weight/mass. It just doesnt happen. It takes me months just to gain a pound. I dont run, i dont do any cardio. and i play soccer one night a week in a coed league that i really dont need to try in.

on the flip side. Tell me why i am wrong about my original post i have multiple friends who are heavy into biking, going out every morning or night to ride endless miles and yet they are still pretty husky people. Dont get me wrong they aren't grossly overweight or anything like that but they certainly dont have a desirable figure.

Thats all i was saying. There is people out there that can run or bike all the time and if they dont have a diet in check then ide say 75% of the exercise is a waste.

#7665230 - 04/25/14 04:22 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: wolfsburg2]
dirtyS13drifta
Unregistered

Most of them don't actually eat that many calories. You can eat like crap and still skip meals and shit. I know this from my own experience. Once I first kept an diet log I realized I ate a lot less than I thought. But I ate huge portions, so it seemed like a lot to anyone watching.

Yes, metabolism maters, but metabolism is mostly what you make it.

#7665591 - 04/25/14 09:33 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: ]
It's Art Offline
Bitch of the Deer
Post Master Supreme

Yup.

You literally can eat more calories than a body can burn really easily, it takes way less time to eat. Running a few miles doesn't even burn a value meal.

#7674828 - 05/01/14 09:55 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: Design]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: 18th green
 Originally Posted By: Design
I think metabolism is waaay too overused when it comes to weight (not by anyone here). It really comes down to calories in vs. calories out. And I think we all agree if you do any exercise enough, it becomes increasingly difficult to over-consume.

That said, I'm going to follow Ironmom's lead and have a 3x3 Animal Style burger after my run tomorrow.

but you need to factor in activity level and BMR... metabolism is a huge factor... if yours sucks, you're fucked...

I cut 35 pounds during my prep and never got below 2800 cals... i know poor bastards that START their cut lower than that...

#7675785 - 05/02/14 12:34 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: DieZel]
Design Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: The OC
Agreed. But I think too many people "give up" because they think they'll never escape a poor metabolism.

I think we all agree that you have to either change your eating habits or outrun them. \:D
89 Camaro - Sold
CSI. What's your diversion?

#7675898 - 05/02/14 01:11 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: Design]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Newsomville, CA
Calories in vs Calories out is a sure fire way to look at things, it's also a sure fire way to fuck yourself up as well.

If you eat 2500 calories, burn 400 of those a day ok you're getting 2100 calories in, but if they're not regulated.

say you're getting different amounts of protein daily, different amounts of carbs, and fats.

You can have too much of one thing making up that total number for the day, so no matter what you're burning vs what you're storing. Eventually one of those nutrients is not going to be needed and stored in a negative manner, and when not fueled properly for the performance you're putting out the reserves that will be used wont be that fried egg for a stomach folks can't seem to get rid of.

#7676034 - 05/02/14 01:53 PM Re: i wanna be skinny like mr mom [Re: wolfsburg2]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan

In most cases there isnt.
If those people are eating like crap and/or pounding beers and arent gaining weight. Its because they are not actually eating that much (nor over drinking in terms of calories).

Over the course of a week there are probably extended periods of no food or drink intake balancing out any binges. They basically live a intermittent fasting lifestyle.

You may hang with them a couple times a week and see them down 30 wings and 6 pints of beer...and think thats how they live all week long. But its not.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads