Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#7659029 - 04/22/14 07:12 AM So much for the great health care system
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
http://www.thestar.com/life/health_welln...ed_by_ohip.html

Pay for it yourself, or go home and die. So much for all of CSIs theories of prompt and adequate care when it comes to life threatening issues.
Screw that noise, let me pay for insurance.....

#7659039 - 04/22/14 07:20 AM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
 Quote:
....and the hospital covered the $4,200 for the first round of rituximab pending an appeal to the Health Ministry, she still needs five more treatments of each drug.

Hospitals, what a bunch of assholes.. Take the tinfoil hat off Wayne, it's fucking up your brain \:\)

#7659066 - 04/22/14 07:40 AM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: LNXGUY]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Doesn't do anygood if she can't pay for the rest of the treaments, the hospital only paid for the first one.
#7659089 - 04/22/14 07:54 AM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Chocolate Troll
Doesn't do anygood if she can't pay for the rest of the treaments, the hospital only paid for the first one.

Imagine if she was in the US? Shit, she'd be on her 3rd or 4th mortgage by now \:\)

I'd give the government a chance to respond and make it right before tossing the entire system under the bus.

#7659141 - 04/22/14 08:30 AM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: LNXGUY]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Niagara Falls, ON
 Originally Posted By: LNXGUY

Imagine if she was in the US? Shit, she'd be on her 3rd or 4th mortgage by now \:\)

I'd give the government a chance to respond and make it right before tossing the entire system under the bus.

I'm sure the cops have something to do with it as well ;\)

#7659142 - 04/22/14 08:30 AM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: LNXGUY]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

^^ But if she had purchased insurance with the thousands she's paid in taxes for health care, chances are it would be covered. Even if she had the option of paying for insurance on top of all the taxes that she already pays, she would have something to fall back on (like Australia).

If the Gov't is going to say you must go through us for healthcare, then they better damn well cover shit like this.

#7659156 - 04/22/14 08:37 AM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

It's one instance man, like I said let's see what happens before we condemn the entire system, lol.

#7659183 - 04/22/14 08:53 AM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: LNXGUY]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Niagara Falls, ON
It seems like the system is based around the majority of patients, she isn't the norm. She's allergic or whatever to medication that the majority of people are fine with. I have a feeling they will step in and help considering this doesn't appear to be a common issue.
#7659201 - 04/22/14 09:08 AM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: Violent Spectre]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

BULLSHIT THE ENTIRE SYSTEM IS FUCKING BULLSHIT!

#7659206 - 04/22/14 09:09 AM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: LNXGUY]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

A lot of cancer treatment drugs aren't covered by OHIP, I didn't know this was news.
#7659281 - 04/22/14 09:51 AM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: Risky Business]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

http://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness/2014/03/14/cancer_patients_push_for_drug_coverage.html

You are right Vas. I'm have critical care insurance, I think I'm going to up the coverage when I the price of some of these drugs.

The liberals will spend taxpayers money so people who can't afford kids will have more and more (never mind the huge debt the province is in, and the deficit they are running) http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/...care_wages.html
But people who actually pay to support this can't get decent health care.

#7659367 - 04/22/14 10:25 AM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Ok chocolate troll - pay for my treatment. Not everybody can afford a big ass boat, finishing a lavash basement, 3000 + sq ft home, bmw, mini and all the toys, etc etc XD'ing.

dude, this has been beaten to death by ya. I've been in both worlds, paid treatment vs. tax-payers funded treatment.

Yes if you HAVE the funds, go for the paid treatment, but as it STANDS, I dont have the funds and I will gladly use the tax-payers funded treatment.

#7659399 - 04/22/14 10:38 AM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: c2k]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

^^ Except ofcouse when they don't pay and you have no other alternatives. Did you read the article? Also, I did my time like Risky, I lived in shit areas, Malvern, Malton etc, worked minimum wage jobs etc, so quit ragging on me
#7659424 - 04/22/14 10:48 AM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
Op needs to lighten up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k21nZsf6kHM

#7659441 - 04/22/14 11:02 AM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: Euphoricuck]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Op lives up to his name
#7659483 - 04/22/14 11:24 AM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

^^ Except ofcouse when they d. 't pay and you have no other alternatives. Did you read the article? Also, I did my time like Risky, I lived in shit areas, Malvern, Malton etc, worked minimum wage jobs etc, so quit ragging on me

I did my time too....

I'm a single dad with a full time, and a part time job.

I have a house....

So wtf are you on about doing your time?!

/lavaish

#7659503 - 04/22/14 11:33 AM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: LNXGUY]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
 Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
 Quote:
....and the hospital covered the $4,200 for the first round of rituximab pending an appeal to the Health Ministry, she still needs five more treatments of each drug.

Hospitals, what a bunch of assholes.. Take the tinfoil hat off Wayne, it's fucking up your brain \:\)

I'm with this guy.
I see no problem here @.@

XD XD XD XD

#7659851 - 04/22/14 01:53 PM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Kid Bro Sweets Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
^^ Except ofcouse when they don't pay and you have no other alternatives. Did you read the article? Also, I did my time like Risky, I lived in shit areas, Malvern, Malton etc, worked minimum wage jobs etc, so quit ragging on me

i'm willing to bet your opinion on public health care was different at that time. It far from perfect but it's much better than what is down south (unless your $$$)

"Without this thinking you would see, you would see numbers that you wouldn't believe in reverse."

#7659863 - 04/22/14 02:00 PM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: Kid Bro Sweets]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Nope my opinion was the same back then. I never used the healthcare system. But after paying into it all my life, you bet I expect them to pay for my treatment.

Forget about the US. What about Australia, a country that compares directly with Canada. They have a dual system where you cannot opt out of paying taxes to support the public system, but you can still get private health care. Why can't we do that?

#7659892 - 04/22/14 02:18 PM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Nope my opinion was the same back then. I never used the healthcare system. But after paying into it all my life, you bet I expect them to pay for my treatment.

Forget about the US. What about Australia, a country that compares directly with Canada. They have a dual system where you cannot opt out of paying taxes to support the public system, but you can still get private health care. Why can't we do that?

see chocolate canuck posting 1230948123904812349058901346 times on this topic.

#7659906 - 04/22/14 02:23 PM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Kid Bro Sweets Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA

oh i have no problems with two-tier if it doesn't sacrifices the quality of care for the commoners

"Without this thinking you would see, you would see numbers that you wouldn't believe in reverse."

#7668570 - 04/28/14 12:00 PM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: Kid Bro Sweets]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/04/28/milton_mother_who_fought_for_cancer_drug_dies.html

Yup, drug approved in most other provinces except Ontario.

Quote:
She met with Health Minister Deb Matthews in October and tried unsuccessful to lobby the province to cover the cost of the drug Avastin to prolong her life, as well as the lives of others.

The drug is covered for brain cancer treatment in British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, but not Ontario.

In the end, Fletcher was able to access the drug thanks to family and community fundraising efforts and lived an additional eight months, six months longer than her original prognosis.

#7668917 - 04/28/14 02:49 PM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/04/28/milton_mother_who_fought_for_cancer_drug_dies.html

Yup, drug approved in most other provinces except Ontario.

Quote:
She met with Health Minister Deb Matthews in October and tried unsuccessful to lobby the province to cover the cost of the drug Avastin to prolong her life, as well as the lives of others.

The drug is covered for brain cancer treatment in British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, but not Ontario.

In the end, Fletcher was able to access the drug thanks to family and community fundraising efforts and lived an additional eight months, six months longer than her original prognosis.

quit being reactive and be proactive?

Here..

http://secure.ontariopc.com/index.php/Join/

http://ontariondp.com/membership/becomeamember.php

take your pick!

#7669068 - 04/28/14 03:57 PM Re: So much for the great health care system [Re: c2k]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

^^ Thats not a real choice doe...
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads