Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#8306711 - 07/27/15 08:45 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: Design]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nor Cal, Hella hurr durr
Got 2nd in my age group in the 50m free and a 3rd in the 100m breast and a scratch in the 200m free since I didn't make the 8:10a deck sign-in /oops

I doubt euphoric is jealous of my 1:28.xx 100m breast
But try it w/2_masters swims/week and virtually no breastroke heh
Pure memory

I had the entire field at the turn but hella faded

#8317574 - 08/04/15 10:42 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
Beer belly leagues bruh (I'd probably do a 1:27.5 )

#8326701 - 08/12/15 12:52 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: Euphoricuck]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/news/steve-west-olympic-trials-masters-world-record/

#8326748 - 08/12/15 01:19 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: Euphoricuck]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Quote:

Steve West’s splits
100 breast:
30.34, 33.47

200 breast
31.75, 34.99, 35.42, 36.41

hella legit

I'm still stoked with my 1:28.xx lol
I went 41:xx, 47:xx

his 100m breastroke splits are the same as my 100m free right now \:\|

#8328020 - 08/13/15 03:13 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

#8328028 - 08/13/15 03:18 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: Euphoricuck]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

sad isn't it? \:\|

I'm basically B-standard NQT in the 100m free in my age group and single A in the 50m free, so I'm not embarassing or anything imo, and probably just fine for [2] 1-hr masters swims/week

If there was a way to recover the missing :10s in my 100m free time I'm all ears man \:\|

my breastroke rules my masters group lol, that :40s 50m pace beats all of our HS/college dropins [everyone it seems knows that breastroke is a closet gay thing ]

as they say, I'm faster than everyone on the couch heh

#8338628 - 08/24/15 12:45 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

broke my lifetime "no podium" streak sat in the alcatraz swim lol

3/12 hehe , per the chip timer I held a 1:40/100y pace to the finishing pad which was just barely out of the water only a few feet in. I sped up ~6 minutes from last year but I still was cruising--felt super comfortable when I got out. [my normal 'moderate' pace in workouts these days is 1:20/100y, but that of course is for intervals and includes a lot of time resting hehe].
Also i tried to stay in the front of the pack this time [I did finish in the top third], so there was way more elbows and swimming on top of eachother. That was kind of lame, couldnt settle into a rhythm for at least the first 10 minutes as I always always either being kicked, kicking somebody, or trading elbows it seemed. I imagine that was the first 750 yards or so then it cleared up.

also not sure I really went that straight based on my GPS watch data here, looks like it kinda took a reading at the start and the finish and just drew a straight line lol--the pace data dropped out everywhere meaning it wasnt getting any readings i think. Although I did come into the aquatic center almost on top of the concrete pilings on the far west end [not under it like it shows tho lol]

Alternatively: I did a damn good job of sighting and really pretty much did go perfectly straight and took maximum advantage of the current

#8340751 - 08/25/15 08:09 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Long Beach, CA
Nice job. How was the current? Ive heard its one of those events where you have to aim waaaay over there to make sure you hit the finish. :laug1: You GPS track looks pretty direct though, so it must not have been too bad.

I wouldn't mind coming out of swim retirement for that one.

#8340756 - 08/25/15 08:16 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: Sir Ironpool]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

I was aiming east [to the right here] basically to the center of that breakwater for the first half, then I aimed for the center of the aquatic park entrance past that halfway point... and as you can see I nearly blew it as I was basically under the pier on the far west side of the entrance [next stop chrissy fields and/or GG bridge...]

but as I was getting closer to the entrance I realized the swim exit was towards the west anyways so I just swam straight through... seemed to work ok

felt like I had a solid wave/wind/current push in the second half of the channel also

like stroke...stroke...ride the back of a windwave/feel the shove forward.... breathe...stroke...stroke...surf the back of the next one...repeat

in other words, unless this is a GPS sampling/error problem and basically it really only had a couple of points to draw a straight line between, I actually did a near-perfect job of sighting/vectoring with/cross current to end up virtually going straight. I certainly was trying to aim east and then shift west as I got close to the harbor entrance [which is how they say to do it] eg I was aiming at the palace of fine arts once I got halfway [which is waaay west and probably why I almost went under the pier]

#8583471 - 03/10/16 11:49 AM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
schtickaz.ai Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: State, Country, etc.
got a swim meet saturday where I entered:
[SCY]
50 free, 100 free, 200 free and 100 br
would be nice to qualify for AG nationals in the 50 but I'll probably just miss it [not tapering/shaving/I never work on my start/etc]
not hoping for anything super amazing lol as I am quite slow now haha

workouts have shown an uptick lately. Possibly just because I have more energy/gave myself a running break my typical in-the-water swim pace is now ~1:20/100y on even distance sets up to around 500 or so without too much drama [faster if I'm drafting], which is a handful of seconds faster than most of last year. Not sure it means anything as this 'improvement' basically is 100% coincidental with me backing off of all hard runs and cutting biking mileage and run mileage in half [or more]

still nice to be improving [I only do 2 1-hr swim sessions/week so I'm hardly doing much yardage]

last night a set of 6x100s on 1:30 [came in around 1:20] and 3x200s on 3:00 [came in around 2:45] were surprisingly easy, HR was not really out of zone 3 which implies that I'm just cruising/how it felt. So who knows I'm hoping to be knocking on a 1:20 interval if I step up to zone 4 or so, coming in around 1:15. I know I could make a few of those but definitely still have a lot of work to do that easily. Probably not happening on 2 hrs/week of swimming tho lol.

anyways this is my first swim post in ~6 months so deal with it \:D

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads