Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#7580735 - 02/28/14 01:08 PM Belts? Anyone? Bueller?
McCavityCat Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: MA
What is everyones fancy out there. Im looking into adding one into my rotation for my higher weight lifts. I still plan on warming up without one and getting a set or two in but as i up the weight I think its time to incorporate a belt.

Lower back has never been kind to me since trashing it as a little kid on a trampoline.

Also any insight on contour belt vs. non? Just strictly a comfort thing?

Edited by McCavityCat (02/28/14 01:10 PM)

#7580841 - 02/28/14 01:35 PM Re: Belts? Anyone? Bueller? [Re: McCavityCat]
98V-TeC Online   content
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Denver, CO
I've had a standard Veleo belt for 8 years or so. It does the job and still holding up well.

I tried a contour belt before, I believe it was Nike. It wasn't bad, but I still prefer a regular one.

#7580875 - 02/28/14 01:51 PM Re: Belts? Anyone? Bueller? [Re: 98V-TeC]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Newsomville, CA
If anything I think something that is even all the way around is most beneficial rather than those weird ass things with the fucking turtle shell on the back. It literally does nothing as you want pressure all around your abdomen.

I would roll with one of those velcro belts to start the party off, and once things start to get really really heavy in the 400+ range something like a 13mm inzer belt.

And my personal recommendation is not to start off with an inzer, they take forever to break in and I get a nice ass bruise on my hip all the time from it.

#7581169 - 02/28/14 03:23 PM Re: Belts? Anyone? Bueller? [Re: 137]
McCavityCat Offline
Post Master Sr

Mmmm yea that kinda where i am at now. I can pull 350 no problem but once im in the 400 range i feel a ton off pressure on the lower back and it doesn't feel so great. I understand this is part of the form going out the window but it seems like to much pain for just the weight.

#7581459 - 02/28/14 06:00 PM Re: Belts? Anyone? Bueller? [Re: McCavityCat]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Newsomville, CA
if you're feeling any pain in your lower back during deadlifts, then that is a form issue and you need to work on your mechanics or switch up your programming and accessory lifts to help build up strength in your lower back and hamstrings.

#7586319 - 03/04/14 10:49 AM Re: Belts? Anyone? Bueller? [Re: McCavityCat]
Roxanne Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ask me about bio-currency
I use a Rogue econ belt:

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-econ-weightlifting-belt.php

#7586325 - 03/04/14 10:51 AM Re: Belts? Anyone? Bueller? [Re: 137]
McCavityCat Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: 137
if you're feeling any pain in your lower back during deadlifts, then that is a form issue and you need to work on your mechanics or switch up your programming and accessory lifts to help build up strength in your lower back and hamstrings.

Not so much during, more like pressure. After i complete a set and get up and move a bit is when it gets real tight and painful. Like i am working it out hard but a bit above that.
I think i am just going to reset my dead lifts and start back down at 95lb first set and work back up again.

Originally Posted By: Gigantor

Looks like a nice belt. Will probably make the short list once i get around to it.

Edited by McCavityCat (03/04/14 10:53 AM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads