Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#7473459 - 01/02/14 06:00 PM 2008 Infinity G37 Engine sludged?
Killrus_ Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Terrell, TX
Bought car back in August. Have put less than 3k miles on it since then. Probably only put 1k on it. Got oil changed about 3 weeks ago. Around christmas the engine light comes on, next day car wont start. Thought whatever was going on would be covered under the "supreme warranty (3yr or 40k miles)"
Mechanic comes back with this:

I have no clue where the diesel fuel came in. Garage kept. Always fill up at the local Kroger, had them check cameras to make sure we didnt fill with diesel and they are in the process of testing their fuel. Always use supreme. I dont even think that would cause engine sludge.

We did not smoke at all, no oil leaks in garage, how could there only be 1 quart of oil in the car when serviced? We had pep boys check their cameras and they saw the tech put in a the oil. Since the 3 weeks oil change my girlfriend has been out of school and hasnt even driven the car.

Warranty will not cover the problem. And the mechanic wants to start breaking down the engine.

Mechanic feels its a pre existing problem which then would put the blame on the dealer? And the dealer is being very short and confrontational.

Any idea what causes the engine to sludge?!?!?!?
Lack of oil would be the no brain response, but I am trying to understand where this oil magically went?!?!?!

Videos
#7482644 - 01/07/14 04:01 PM Re: 2008 Infinity G37 Engine sludged? [Re: Killrus_]
Killrus_ Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Terrell, TX
I got the original dealer to have their mechanic look at it. Bad cam sensor of all things.
How is it possible for Trophy Nissan to recommend a new engine when it was just a sensor?!?!?

#7490285 - 01/11/14 12:43 AM Re: 2008 Infinity G37 Engine sludged? [Re: Killrus_]
4doorEG Moderator Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Overland Park, KS
Wow. that sounds pretty shady. Nissans seem to be pretty common in the cam sensor failing department.

Did you verify that there was only 1 quart of oil in the motor? Without draining the oil and measuring it, there is NO WAY To verify there is 1 quart of oil by looking/using the dip stick.

Sounds very weird. Did the service department somehow mix work orders with another vehicle?

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  4doorEG, 10PlanesCrashing 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Brake Kits Cheap
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brakes
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
Cruchfield
Audio/Video/Cameras
DeadWood Knives
Knives, Home & Hunting
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
TireRack
Tires/Wheels/Suspension
Truck Accessories
Tonneaus, Running Boards
1-800-Flowers
Flowers & Gift Baskets
WeatherTech
Coupon Code "take10"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
Artisan Soap Lab
Handcrafted Bodycare
Advertisement

| Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Pads & Rotors | Performance Brake Kits | Porsche Brake Upgrades-Big Brake Kits | WeatherTech Mats -Coupon Code weathertech10