Page all of 2 12>
Topic Options
#7380243 - 11/07/13 03:21 PM got a website? post it up
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: MD
just looking for some redesigns for my current website before I take it totally live. it's 95% complete at the moment (just waiting to pull the plug on obtaining my own domain name)

http://tdjune.wix.com/ttj-photography

..you can NEVER out train a bad diet -- FitExcellence

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#7380278 - 11/07/13 03:35 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Duc]
busfare Offline
tickets plz
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Dark Side of the Moon
awesome ty! good to see your progress throughout all of this. i'd suggest trying to make your picture sizes consistent. and the "Portrait" category isn't exactly portraits :P

as for me, i'm in the middle of revamping mine. (yes, i'm aware everyone says this lol)

current: http://www.andrewhkim.com

#7380410 - 11/07/13 04:38 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: busfare]
01Ryan10 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Orange, CA.
http://www.RyanLunaPhotography.com
#7380498 - 11/07/13 05:29 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: 01Ryan10]
Nate047 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: La La Land, CA
http://www.natehasslerphoto.com

Nate
"Nate047 > NateSTL" - TenTwelve
"As long as I have a face, you'll always have a place to sit." - SlowBlackCar

*insert picture of stock Fit here*

#7380779 - 11/07/13 08:34 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Nate047]
LNXGUY Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
http://www.billmarzana.com

Quick and dirty with Wix, no complaints.

#7381043 - 11/08/13 05:37 AM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: LNXGUY]
trench301 Offline
Post Master

Im building mine now in squarespace. Not as user friendly as I had hoped for but I'm managing. Hope to have it up in the next few weeks, before the holidays, with the goal of selling a few prints.
#7381186 - 11/08/13 07:51 AM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: trench301]
Voltron Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Not Found
http://www.abinajmphotography.com
#7381214 - 11/08/13 08:02 AM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Voltron]
LNXGUY Offline
Post Master Supreme

Chris, that's pretty slick. Very nice.

#7381266 - 11/08/13 08:34 AM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Voltron]
01Ryan10 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: crimson773
www.abinajmphotography.com

I absolutely love the front page of Minimatica and its sliders, but I found the other pages too difficult to customize. I also never figured out how to change the front sliders to format for portrait and landscape photos, so they fill the entire slider. I did figure out how to make the thumb columns 4 instead of 3 on the other pages.

#7381815 - 11/08/13 12:10 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: 01Ryan10]
Juice Box Offline
Sr Member

Loc: Markham,Ontario
http://www.michaelrousseau.ca

#7382039 - 11/08/13 01:35 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Juice Box]
MetalheaD Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Roanoke, VA
http://www.seanhphoto.com

#7382166 - 11/08/13 02:05 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Duc]
Nate047 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Duc
just looking for some redesigns for my current website before I take it totally live. it's 95% complete at the moment (just waiting to pull the plug on obtaining my own domain name)

Ty this is a good start man, there's a few things I would address though. Like Andrew said, the image sizing is a bit weird, but I think you can get away with cropping how you want. I would just rethink the order of the images a bit.

Originally Posted By: busfare

Love the content, Andrew. I wish there was a left/right arrow function, and I also wish that when you clicked on the main images (not thumbnails) you could go back instead of every click moving you forward one image.

Originally Posted By: Digitalcandy
www.RyanLunaPhotography.com

Good clean site, also wish there was left/right arrow functionality though. I feel like some of the work is repetitive, like you could cut it down by 50% to your favorites and remove some of the filler images, and have a stronger body of work.

Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
www.billmarzana.com

Right on Bill, the site looks and works well overall. The images load kind of slow, and I hate how the file name is displayed, those are my only gripes. And the left/right arrow. \:D

Looks and works well, did you know the "client gallery" link sends you to an old smugmug page? Not sure if that's intentional? Also, I would remove your pricing page Chris, it's overly complicated and might turn people away. Just let them contact you.

Originally Posted By: Juice Box
www.michaelrousseau.ca

Cool layout, I like how it navigates. I wish as you scrolled down, the bar on top came with you though, instead of living at the top of the page. Also, I hit my esc key just randomly trying to leave a gallery, and it sent me to your admin login page, so you might want to fix that.

Also, I really like the shot of the girl running off into the distance at Joshua Tree.

Originally Posted By: MetalheaD
www.seanhphoto.com

I'd really like to see the amount of work cut WAY down, there is a lot of filler that doesn't need to be there. Also, lose the file names. I just really don't like that format/template in general... With so many options for clean sites out there, like LRB Portfolio, Creative Motion Designs, etc etc etc... There's literally no excuse. \:D

Nate

#7382319 - 11/08/13 02:49 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Nate047]
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

thanks Nate!!

I will be working on it this whole weekend

#7382661 - 11/08/13 05:37 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Nate047]
chef Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: The OC
Woo! While we're getting website reviews, http://www.abcbphoto.com
Order my photo prints (New files uploaded)

#7382760 - 11/08/13 06:51 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: chef]
Nate047 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: chef
Woo! While we're getting website reviews, http://www.abcbphoto.com

Word, I like this layout a lot. I noticed there are one or two images that repeat between galleries, might consolidate them. The guy smoking a cigar working on the bike. Also, maybe add a separate contact page from the about page?

Nate

#7382809 - 11/08/13 07:43 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Nate047]
Juice Box Offline
Sr Member

Loc: Markham,Ontario
 Originally Posted By: Nate047
 Originally Posted By: Duc

Ty this is a good start man, there's a few things I would address though. Like Andrew said, the image sizing is a bit weird, but I think you can get away with cropping how you want. I would just rethink the order of the images a bit.

Originally Posted By: busfare

Love the content, Andrew. I wish there was a left/right arrow function, and I also wish that when you clicked on the main images (not thumbnails) you could go back instead of every click moving you forward one image.

Originally Posted By: Digitalcandy
www.RyanLunaPhotography.com

Good clean site, also wish there was left/right arrow functionality though. I feel like some of the work is repetitive, like you could cut it down by 50% to your favorites and remove some of the filler images, and have a stronger body of work.

Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
www.billmarzana.com

Right on Bill, the site looks and works well overall. The images load kind of slow, and I hate how the file name is displayed, those are my only gripes. And the left/right arrow. \:D

Looks and works well, did you know the "client gallery" link sends you to an old smugmug page? Not sure if that's intentional? Also, I would remove your pricing page Chris, it's overly complicated and might turn people away. Just let them contact you.

Originally Posted By: Juice Box
www.michaelrousseau.ca

Cool layout, I like how it navigates. I wish as you scrolled down, the bar on top came with you though, instead of living at the top of the page. Also, I hit my esc key just randomly trying to leave a gallery, and it sent me to your admin login page, so you might want to fix that.

Also, I really like the shot of the girl running off into the distance at Joshua Tree.

www.seanhphoto.com

I'd really like to see the amount of work cut WAY down, there is a lot of filler that doesn't need to be there. Also, lose the file names. I just really don't like that format/template in general... With so many options for clean sites out there, like LRB Portfolio, Creative Motion Designs, etc etc etc... There's literally no excuse. \:D

Nate

Thanks, man. I appreciate the feed back. I fixed both things! Problem solved.

#7382850 - 11/08/13 08:27 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Juice Box]
Nate047 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Word man, your work is lovely and the site is cool in design. Good show.

Nate

#7382940 - 11/08/13 10:01 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Nate047]
chef Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: The OC
ah interesting, i need to pay more attention, i've been updating them at different times. sounds like some of the world's pics duplicated into the cycling portfolio.

I really liked that theme because it doesn't let you see everything in thumbnails, you have to go through and see at a larger size. there are thumbs on bottom but they're pretty small. I'd be ok without them there at all but can't figure that out. There's still some buggery going on with the blog, sizing images and having them fit within the main column.... I would like to be able to set which gallery shows up manually, but the way the theme is, it just shows whatever was last created. Kind of shitty.

Navigation is simple, you shouldn't have to think about how to do anything, I figure if there's any hesitation by me to figure out how to navigate, while I'm looking at hundred's of different themes and immersed in all different kinds of navigation, if there's ANY hesitation on how to get somewhere, then it's no good.

I try to keep it to a max of 3 'portfolios' and then various projects. The guidelines I was told were about 20-30 images per portfolio, generally only image from each shoot, nothing repeating throughout. And of course, the most important, only show your best work. If it's just so so, go make something else. You shouldn't have to explain something. "this is this way because it was overcast and blah blah blah" Don't make it a thing of, this is the best i could do in this situation so it's not fully awesome. just show the best.

I made a printed portfolio for the show this past weekend, and that was tough. Choosing 20-30 images for a web gallery is one thing, but then printing them on paper that's $2 a sheet and using a hinge that's $1 apiece...that raises the stakes ;\) I'm pretty happy with it though, but do need to fill it out a little, and will be working on that to wrap up the year. One other thing I'd heard, was that your printed book's images should be different then your web images.
Order my photo prints (New files uploaded)

#7382941 - 11/08/13 10:01 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Nate047]
LNXGUY Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thanks Nate, appreciate the feedback man! I haven't gone through and done anything with the filenames yet, I still need to do that.

#7383909 - 11/10/13 09:38 AM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Nate047]
MetalheaD Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Roanoke, VA
 Originally Posted By: Nate047

www.seanhphoto.com

Agreed on all points. I was looking thru it earlier and realized how much I've neglected it.

I've been working on a new layout, but haven't went live on it yet. I've got a lot more to do. I'll buzz you when I make the change, I appreciate your opinion sir.

Nate [/quote]

#7387520 - 11/12/13 12:53 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: MetalheaD]
Voltron Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Not Found
thanks for the feedback Nate. For a long time I didn't have pricing information up on my site, but decided to put it up there in order to give people an idea of my costs. I'll probably not include it in the next iteration of my site. I want to do more with the portfolio pages to display the photos better. My previous site was a solely a smugmug page. I have the link to my smugmug page for people to easily access the site if they want to view their photos.

Takes a little code-hacking in order to get the theme right. I know very little about it, my brother does the site builds for us so I use him as a reference whenever I get caught up.

Edited by crimson773 (11/12/13 12:55 PM)

#7387731 - 11/12/13 02:31 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Nate047]
01Ryan10 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thanks for the feedback Nate. I'll review the repetition of subjects and scenes.
#7387773 - 11/12/13 02:47 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: 01Ryan10]
GSParker
Unregistered

I'm not even remotely close to finishing mine and dont' even have a real "theme" to go off of yet. The only one I have that is complete is my photobooth site, but I generally don't like posting "personal information" on this site.
#7609153 - 03/19/14 02:46 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: ]
Skizzz Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: zombo.com
Whats recommended software to build a photo website?
#7609242 - 03/19/14 03:37 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Skizzz]
busfare Offline
tickets plz
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Dark Side of the Moon
are you looking for pay or free sites? i'm liking the photoshelter beam site designs. otherwise, you can look at wordpress, tumblr, or other blog sites to get started. heck you can even use VSCO for a clean layout...

http://ahknyc.vsco.co/

i currently use showit for my main site. even though i find it limiting in certain aspects, it's got an easy to use WYSIWYG interface. also got a free lifetime account, so i can't complain!

#7609384 - 03/19/14 05:25 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Skizzz]
Kierf Online   bluecheckmark
The Right Honorable The Lord Mayor Kierf, First Death Notifier Of ClubSi
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Skizzz

Squarespace looks quite nice. I've never used them though.
http://squarespace.com/tour/photographers

You can do anything you want. That is zombo.com welcome!

#7609459 - 03/19/14 06:25 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Skizzz]
GSParker
Unregistered

I use Wordpress and installed the Photocrati theme ($79) but I have also done a standard NextGEN gallery for posting photos. It uses Lightbox and is mobile friendly.

You don't need a lot to get photos posted and keep things looking professional. Just stay away from flash themes (stick to responsive)

#7609471 - 03/19/14 06:34 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Kierf]
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Kierf - ¿§?

Squarespace looks quite nice. I've never used them though.
http://squarespace.com/tour/photographers

You can do anything you want. That is zombo.com welcome!

O_O

dammit man. time to recreate

#7611378 - 03/20/14 09:34 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Duc]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

squarespace is what I use, although I've had it less than a month. No complaints so far
#7612651 - 03/21/14 04:06 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Wildout]
GSParker
Unregistered

Squarespace is great for what they offer, but $96/year for the basic package (that isn't that great) or $192/year for the "regular" package is absurd IMO.

I pay $250 or so for 3 years of hosting and can have unlimited domains, unlimited bandwidth, and can have as many pages as I want, sell what I want, when I want, how I want and so on. I also host files for downloading to clients and so on.

I'd rather have full control in this case.

#7612779 - 03/21/14 05:40 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: ]
Kierf Online   bluecheckmark
The Right Honorable The Lord Mayor Kierf, First Death Notifier Of ClubSi
Post Master Supreme

You pay for convenience with Squarespace. If you're not good with the making of the website, Squarespace may be for you.
#7613047 - 03/21/14 09:24 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Kierf]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Or simply don't have the time to deal with the updates, backing up, security checks etc.

Had a wordpress site, had no time to update it backend wise to keep everything current.

#7613195 - 03/21/14 10:33 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Wildout]
GSParker
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Wildout
Or simply don't have the time to deal with the updates, backing up, security checks etc.

Had a wordpress site, had no time to update it backend wise to keep everything current.

, I never have to do this.

#7744741 - 06/23/14 08:30 AM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: ]
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

finally took my site live and included a blog for readers to get an insight into some of the events that I've covered.

garnered a few likes and shares of my blog on facebook from some of the people at the events

http://www.tjunephotography.com

#7757768 - 07/02/14 07:38 AM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Duc]
trench301 Offline
Post Master

http://www.trenchardphotography.com

Built with Squarespace, I have more (newer, better) stuff to add to some of the galleries, and I still need to figure out the eCommerce side of things for selling prints...

Just launched it last night, real work in process. Shred away! I could really use some constructive criticism. Everyone I know has been encouraging, which doesn't always equal honest.

#7757801 - 07/02/14 08:15 AM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: trench301]
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

just looked at the front page. damn I am impressed with the photo choice for the first page. will look into it more

#7757804 - 07/02/14 08:29 AM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: trench301]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
It probably doesn't matter, but your site doesn't work well on IE8.
#7757966 - 07/02/14 10:03 AM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

mine or his?

#7758052 - 07/02/14 10:31 AM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Duc]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Re: trench301
#7758384 - 07/02/14 12:33 PM Re: got a website? post it up [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
trench301 Offline
Post Master

HMM, never tried it on IE8. Office computer is iE6 or 7 and home is Chrome. What kind of problems are you seeing? Lag? Skewed content?
Page all of 2 12>

Moderator:  jsmonet, x, 2000SiRacer, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads