Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#6804564 - 01/02/13 09:16 AM Odd Holiday Weight Gain
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Edmonton
I know some people really let loose on the holidays and go to town on everything. I do not and did not. Yet, it seems I gained 4 fucking pounds (weigh myself every morning).

I've had a few big parties/weekend events leading up to X-mas with big meals and lots of drinking and with the way I workout/eat, I've managed not to gain a thing from any of those weekends/parties. In fact, prior to X-mas, I was at my lowest weight since I was 18 or so.

Other the last week to ten days, I've worked out every day except X-mas day including weights, HIIT on the bike and outdoor running. Cardio 6 days a week, weights 4 days a week.

I only had two big meals over this break (X-mas eve and X-mas itself) and even then, I kept them in check (no seconds, no heaping plate, limited the extras - mostly veggies and meat). I didn't have a ton of sweets, deserts or baking and really, only had more than something small on X-mas day. X-mas day, I drank all day, skipped lunch had a decent meal - then actually dipped into some sweets/desserts.

I've been having light lunches frequently (typically, a protein smoothy).

I have been drinking a bit more than usual, but again, the only day I did some real drinking was X-mas day. Every other day was a few drinks with the wife while watching TV/movie (mostly rum and diet and red wine). Hardly out of the ordinary, but more than if I was working daily.

Anyways, seems odd this led to a 4 pound increase.

I was hoping to come through without any gain since I'm hitting the beach next week at an all inclusive resort and really didn't want to add pounds before doing that.

CN: I'm just venting about gaining weight.

#6804667 - 01/02/13 10:09 AM Re: Odd Holiday Weight Gain [Re: Impulsive]
MonkeyStillAlive Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Sunny FL
You sound like my wife. 4 whole pounds?? Come on man. Also, why do you weigh yourself every day.
#6804692 - 01/02/13 10:24 AM Re: Odd Holiday Weight Gain [Re: MonkeyStillAlive]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

4 pounds is very noticeable to me - especially since it seems to have happened in a period of 36 hours or so. My pants even feel tighter. I weigh myself every day because that was the only thing that kept me disciplined and dropping weight is incredibly hard for me.

To many years of listening to people say not to weigh myself and just go on how you feel/how your clothes fit etc.

#6804705 - 01/02/13 10:28 AM Re: Odd Holiday Weight Gain [Re: MonkeyStillAlive]
1st-hybrid Offline
Major Member

Loc: Ri,USA
For me it's not the meals that kill me, it's the picking at appies and the drinks. I would estimate that I'm up around 6-8 from where I was before the holidays, since I don't weigh myself that often it's tough to have an exact number.

I normally equalize pretty quickly, so by next Monday I should be back to normal.

#6804992 - 01/02/13 12:53 PM Re: Odd Holiday Weight Gain [Re: 1st-hybrid]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Jayhawk Country
Water.
#6805189 - 01/02/13 01:58 PM Re: Odd Holiday Weight Gain [Re: Silock]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

I've thought of that, but it's been a week since X-mas and I have yet to drop a pound from my post X-mas weight - even while workouts and eating decent continue. I thought it would be odd to gain 4 pounds of a couple meals/drinks though. Plenty of those over the last month and no weight gain other than a couple days of bloat.

Also wondering if the thyroid drug has something to do with this (Synthroid), though it's supposed to have the opposite effect (weight loss).

#6805246 - 01/02/13 02:21 PM Re: Odd Holiday Weight Gain [Re: Impulsive]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

I didn't know you had started that already.

Any hormonal change can fuck with you. I have my doubts that Synthroid would have dropped your metabolism so low that you gained that much weight.

If you know you haven't eaten enough to gain 4 lbs of fat, then it must be water. There's no other logical explanation.

#6805483 - 01/02/13 04:21 PM Re: Odd Holiday Weight Gain [Re: 1st-hybrid]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: RI
 Originally Posted By: 1st-hybrid
For me it's not the meals that kill me

I lost 2 lbs since yesterday just by going no-carb/low calorie and a lot of cardio--just flushing out all the booze/water/salt from my system. My gain since Thanksgiving was 7lbs.

still have an EM1--go figure

#6805513 - 01/02/13 04:31 PM Re: Odd Holiday Weight Gain [Re: gamby]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

I always up my cardio or get my workouts in on days where I might have a big meal or do some drinking. Typically, after a weekend with some big drinking/big meal, I'm up 2-3 lbs on Monday and it will drop 0.5-1 lb/day and Friday I'm at my lightest. I've carried this 4 lbs since X-Mas and it hasn't gone down.

I'm hoping it's some sort of water retention, but odd that it's held so long. I can't imagine I ate 14000 calories above what I burned the last week. All the holiday type meals were home cooked items (chicken, turkey, potatoes, roast beef, veggies) with nothing other than the sweets being big calorie items (i.e. nothing overly creamy, greasy, buttery etc.)

My wife eats/drinks/exercises side by side with me and she's gained zero. I eat about 20% more, exercise harder/longer and drink more.

Whatever, I'll just keep grinding. Just would hate to come back from Mexico putting on another chunk of weight.

#6806425 - 01/02/13 11:43 PM Re: Odd Holiday Weight Gain [Re: Impulsive]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Newsomville, CA
close your eyes and imagine all of the gains those 4lbs could be... 4lbs ain't shit. it could be water you're not going to materialize fat or muscle at a rate to where that's going to stick.

#6807155 - 01/03/13 12:18 PM Re: Odd Holiday Weight Gain [Re: gamby]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: g@mby

I lost 2 lbs since yesterday just by going no-carb/low calorie and a lot of cardio--just flushing out all the booze/water/salt from my system. My gain since Thanksgiving was 7lbs.

Holy fuck--another 3.5 lbs came off since yesterday. Ketosis is some scary effective shit. I'm gonna do this through tomorrow evening and see what happens. I was 192 on Tuesday morning and I'm 186.5 today. I didn't even suffer in the process.

2 hours on the mag trainer, too. I'll do another hour today.

I did zero bread/refined carbs. Lean protein and a good helping of veg. Plenty of water to stave off the thirst headaches.

I've NEVER taken weight off like this. Startling. Granted, this was proof that it was mostly carb/booze bloat.

#6808081 - 01/03/13 06:06 PM Re: Odd Holiday Weight Gain [Re: gamby]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Newsomville, CA
Gamby, what protocol are you following for your keto diet? I am doing something similar currently.

I weighed in at 199 this morning, went to sleep weighed myself when I woke up and I was 196 (no pissing or shitting done in between or sweating) This is kind of normal on these kind of diets. As long as you're preserving mass while in a ketogenic state then you're golden.

#6808121 - 01/03/13 06:31 PM Re: Odd Holiday Weight Gain [Re: gamby]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Holy fuck--another 3.5 lbs came off since yesterday. Ketosis is some scary effective shit. I'm gonna do this through tomorrow evening and see what happens. I was 192 on Tuesday morning and I'm 186.5 today. I didn't even suffer in the process.

2 hours on the mag trainer, too. I'll do another hour today.

I did zero bread/refined carbs. Lean protein and a good helping of veg. Plenty of water to stave off the thirst headaches.

I've NEVER taken weight off like this. Startling. Granted, this was proof that it was mostly carb/booze bloat.

Just remember that weight does not necessarily equal fat.

#6808214 - 01/03/13 07:18 PM Re: Odd Holiday Weight Gain [Re: 137]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: 137
Gamby, what protocol are you following for your keto diet? I am doing something similar currently.

Lol--none. Very unscientific. No bread, no refined carbs. Just veg and protein (eggs, meat, whey). I'm only going to do it through tomorrow and then ease back into normalcy after that. I think I'm going to reduce my carb intake over the winter, though.

Once the 30+ mile bike rides start coming into play again, I'll worry about having more carbs in me. I've been a fiber fiend for a long time, but I think I need to get my fiber more from veg than from wheat. Not to say I'm abandoning wheat, but I definitely plan on cutting down on it.

Silock--I fully realize that this is more of a "cleanse". If it came off that fast, it had to be bloat.

I've ridden my mag trainer an hour a day for the past 3 days, did pushups/kettlebell swings/balance ball planks yesterday and pullups and curls today.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads