Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#6716791 - 11/15/12 09:01 PM Walking around shooting, rapid fire question
240sx805 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: CA
Do you shoot rapid fire? I noticed that a lot of pro looking people do this when shooting events. Is this to avoid someone blinking? Is it worth it to shoot 3 shot bursts?
Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#6717092 - 11/16/12 12:00 AM Re: Walking around shooting, rapid fire question [Re: 240sx805]
scootergeek Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: East of St. Louis
Storage is essentially a non-cost issue. Why not shoot on continuous high in case somebody blinks or the AF gets derpy or what have you?

Hell, when I'm out in the woods and shooting handheld, my framing tends to be less than perfect, so in continuous high, at least one of the frames is likely to have just the borders I want.

It's just another instance of technology offering you advantages that it would be silly to ignore, but some people do in the name of "purity" (like goofs who shoot in Manual mode when they aren't in full control of the lighting - and so just imitate slowly and imperfectly what their camera would do for them instantly and correctly).

#6718281 - 11/16/12 01:04 PM Re: Walking around shooting, rapid fire question [Re: scootergeek]
GSParker
Unregistered

Depends for me. Most of the time, i'm at least in Continuous Low. Single shot when i'm doing Macro, and Continuous High in time sensitive shoots.
#6719880 - 11/17/12 11:33 AM Re: Walking around shooting, rapid fire question [Re: scootergeek]
GB Offline
Sharesies!
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Craigslist

Originally Posted By: cousin Scott
Storage is essentially a non-cost issue. Why not shoot on continuous high in case somebody blinks or the AF gets derpy or what have you?

Hell, when I'm out in the woods and shooting handheld, my framing tends to be less than perfect, so in continuous high, at least one of the frames is likely to have just the borders I want.

It's just another instance of technology offering you advantages that it would be silly to ignore, but some people do in the name of "purity" (like goofs who shoot in Manual mode when they aren't in full control of the lighting - and so just imitate slowly and imperfectly what their camera would do for them instantly and correctly).

well put.

#6723462 - 11/19/12 01:03 PM Re: Walking around shooting, rapid fire question [Re: GB]
240sx805 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Played with it a bit this weekend

#6724093 - 11/19/12 05:33 PM Re: Walking around shooting, rapid fire question [Re: 240sx805]
ewraven Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Dept. of Ruminant Procurement
Nice catch!
#6724745 - 11/19/12 10:18 PM Re: Walking around shooting, rapid fire question [Re: ewraven]
GSParker
Unregistered

Now use it to catch muzzle fire. ;\)
#6727809 - 11/21/12 10:49 AM Re: Walking around shooting, rapid fire question [Re: ]
240sx805 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: GSParker
Now use it to catch muzzle fire. ;\)
I half passed tried, but never went balls out taking a ton of pictures waiting for them to fire.

#6728005 - 11/21/12 11:59 AM Re: Walking around shooting, rapid fire question [Re: 240sx805]
tylerdurden Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Shyea, like I'm telling you
I like to lock focus and reframe, so no continuous for me.
#6729186 - 11/22/12 03:45 AM Re: Walking around shooting, rapid fire question [Re: tylerdurden]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Only when things are moving quickly and if I'm not using a speedlite.
#6729274 - 11/22/12 08:49 AM Re: Walking around shooting, rapid fire question [Re: GB]
flyEX #1 Administrator Offline
Man in the Box
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Down in a Hole
 Originally Posted By: Harry P0tter

Originally Posted By: cousin Scott

well put.

Amen. I take at least two-three exposures of everything for the same reason. Especially when using slow shutter for low light in case anything moves, blinks. It's nice to have several frames to choose from.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  jsmonet, x, 2000SiRacer, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads