Page 10 of 13 « First<89101112>Last »
Topic Options
#5397281 - 02/25/11 09:54 AM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: mk39920]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
need to make all those vehicles like in mad max.. then you just plow right through idiots like that.

sometimes i wish i had a tank just to run through all the retards.

#5414571 - 03/04/11 10:40 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: phoenixrage]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Holy
http://www.jstudio.ca/files/bramptoncivic.mov

#5498551 - 04/14/11 09:02 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: 355-Si]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
April 13th...approx...1700hrs..possible 355-si spotting.

#5500036 - 04/15/11 02:44 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: titty sprinkles]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

ok after a full year, i have finally spotted 355si @ work. he was eating a KFC double down. must have gotten it on the black market.

#5503685 - 04/18/11 12:06 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: titty sprinkles]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Rofl... after 1 year and 11 months. Flexin must have finally recently gotten a job with NYGH! :P

#5503839 - 04/18/11 01:06 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: 355-Si]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

LOL

#5507211 - 04/19/11 09:02 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: phoenixrage]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

K now he's stalking me.

and i have arm paining.

#5538100 - 05/03/11 09:05 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: titty sprinkles]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Didn't see you around yesterday. I was in for my last of my nights.
I'm off for 13 days now and heading to Vegas with the boys on Saturday. I'll be back to work on days (7am-7pm) on May 16th.

#5539598 - 05/04/11 02:24 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: 355-Si]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

what time did you come in? i wanted to ask you how UFC was. have fun in vegas! i'll see you when your back.

#5577120 - 05/22/11 08:58 AM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: titty sprinkles]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Went to a Cardiac Arrest the other day... ambulance, 2 EMS response cars and fire.
Got the guy back and in the ambulance and started driving.
I took point in one of the response cars (the SUVs) with the ambulance in front of me.
We're going WB York Mills and turning to NB Leslie to go to North York General.

While traveling York Mills, an 18-wheeler decides to make a left-hand turn across our path. We all sorta slow down but he has gauged it right. The only thing wrong with it is we're running hot on the call so in reality, just cause you can make it in a regular situation, you really shouldn't be going at this moment.
But whatever, he goes and we're moving along... until a beige Cavalier decides to turn out from that same street (right turn) and go West on York Mills with us.
We see this enough, they turn into their appropriate lane and then stop. Truthfully, people shouldn't be turning out because it's one more "potential" obstacle to consider when we're going through the intersection, but normally they stop. This guy... goes across all the lanes into the fast lane... where WE are. Both ambulance and I slam on the brakes. Both on the air horns. What a tool.

So we get to York Mills and Leslie.
There's an island and WB YM is stopped so we get on the other side of the island into oncoming traffic... I sped up ahead of the ambulance and set a block at the intersection with the response car adn the ambulance makes the right turn and goes through... I get moving again and some pedestrian chick steps on to the road and crosses an entire lane before looking up and thinking it's a bad idea since I have yet to go through...
she stops, stutters, tries to go through... stutters, fakes to go.... turns back, turns to try again and then runs off the road back to the side walk. This whole time I'm running phasers and air horn at her... and trying not to flip her the bird.

WTF is wrong with people!?!??? lol

#5577136 - 05/22/11 09:28 AM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: 355-Si]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
Not directly related, but some of the terminology you guys use to describe/respond to calls is entertaining to the commoner ... Shit like 'EDP' .... Had me chuckling for a bit...

(Learned it from my popo buddy)

Warning, Spoiler:
Emotionally-Disturbed Person

Edited by FurBall (05/22/11 09:29 AM)

#5617992 - 06/12/11 04:31 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: furball]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Playing cricket without a helmet = not a good idea.

#5630249 - 06/18/11 07:08 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: 355-Si]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

I was at this:
http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110618/110618_Accident/20110618/?hub=CP24Home

#5630285 - 06/18/11 08:02 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: 355-Si]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Loc: You Know

How did the car "flip" into the express from the collector?? Last minute decision not to go express??

#5630605 - 06/19/11 06:07 AM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: civic13]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Clip of me:)
http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/C...=TorontoNewHome

#5630717 - 06/19/11 10:35 AM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: 355-Si]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
RIP.
#5630721 - 06/19/11 10:39 AM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: A2B-Lexus]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Crazy more serious accidents happen on sunny days.
#5697672 - 07/22/11 03:16 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: A2B-Lexus]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Just wanted to put it out there, the president of the Toronto Paramedic Association will be on CFRB1010 (on the AM band) to talk about the whole merger of fire/EMS, and most importantly, getting actual info to the public about what EMS actually does (so much has been said from Fire about what THEY do... which just reinforces the "hero worship". So this is a great chance.

It's on CFRB1010 at 5pm today if you're driving home.

Thanks guys!

#5697715 - 07/22/11 03:33 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: 355-Si]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

noted.
#5697936 - 07/22/11 04:32 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: A2B-Lexus]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Bah, he prefaced it... there'll be a debate on Monday on 1010 at 5pm.

#5749907 - 08/18/11 09:32 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: 355-Si]
C J Fly Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Tondo, Manila, Philippines
 Originally Posted By: 355-Si

I just found out today that was my co-workers sister you brought to the hospital... \:\(

#5786071 - 09/06/11 02:42 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: C J Fly]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Guy goes to get a massage at 1am, gets robbed and pistol whipped (LOLs in order) and found by EMS and police shirtless and bleeding from the top of his head.
Tells them to take him to a certain hospital because he told his WIFE that he was going there.
As it turns out, he also has a kid.

Karma's a biiiiiiiiitch! \:D

#5796028 - 09/11/11 07:03 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: 355-Si]
Yellowjacket Offline

Bahahahahahahaha...what an idiot...I hope she pistol whips him..rofl
#5796171 - 09/11/11 08:27 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: 355-Si]
Cozmo Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: 43°19′30″N/79°48&#...
Just wanted to put it out there, the president of the Toronto Paramedic Association will be on CFRB1010 (on the AM band) to talk about the whole merger of fire/EMS, and most importantly, getting actual info to the public about what EMS actually does (so much has been said from Fire about what THEY do... which just reinforces the "hero worship". So this is a great chance.

It's on CFRB1010 at 5pm today if you're driving home.

Thanks guys!

I dunno I think the firefighters (and police to some extent) earn that worship, with more then just "on the job" performance....I see a huge difference in the people that are in these services...I take my boy to any fire station or police station and the firemen and officers always take time, show them around, talk to them, answer questions, let them sit in a car or truck...see some fireman or officer at an event, and they'll chat with the kids show em the truck or the car...try the same thing at an ambulance station, or with EMS folks at an event, and they are one second away from spitting on you and telling you to fuck off...

I value the job you all do, and hope to god you get there quick if I ever need it, but when comes to being part of the community you service, in my experience EMS workers are arrogant douche bags with no time for anyone. So when you make it to President of the Paramedic Association, might want to trickle down some community love, would go a long way to putting you on the same perceived heroic field as Fire and Police services

#5796374 - 09/11/11 10:44 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: Cozmo]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

I agree that if you go to an EMS station you're not going to get much of the same thing as the other two.

For one, Fire fighters have the time to give tours. They don't do nearly as many calls as police and EMS so it's there as a service. Also, everyone wants to go to a fire hall and see the trucks, I know I did when I was a kid.
In addition, Fire Fighters are learned from probie school to further the cause of the profession because that's a huge part of the tradition.

As for the police, they're busier than we are but all police stations are staffed all the time so there's someone there who can at least show a cop car that is sitting outside.

The likelihood of seeing an ambulance in a station that is staffed isn't likely so you won't be getting any tours.
I've never had anyone come to my station looking to get a tour of to see an ambulance. Unfortunately Cozmo, I have to say that you really aren't going to get any tours or stickers from EMS because we're out doing calls.
Police are too... but again, their stations are staffed 24/7, while ours are only staffed with crews for the ambulance and those ambulances are always out.

I'm sorry if you may have had a bad experience with EMS if you've ever gone to a station. It's not reflective of all of us.
Again, you just said seeing fire and police at events. They have VEHICLES for those events. We don't. In a city the size of Toronto, there's only 80 ambulances for the whole place during peak hours from Monday to Friday. That's 160 paramedics. Tell me you don't see a problem with that.
We just hit 246,000 calls today, and it's only September 11th. There's still the better part of 1/3 of the year to go.
It's a busy place here... and the call numbers are getting higher because of the aging population.

But that said, the reason I posted that bit about the hero worship is because everyone thinks that medical calls can be serviced by fire fighters because Fire makes a point of saying what they're capable of doing... and EMS doesn't (we have no PR). So the layman thinks that what Fire does is what we do, so why bother having medics.
It's not about being a hero. I sure didn't do this to be anyone's hero. But it's more about the public knowing about what we do. It's not just a bed and a ride... it's not just CPR and defibrillation. There's so much more... it's a mobile ICU.

No medic became a medic to get worshipped or get hero status. In fact, they don't care. They're there to help people and nothing else. There's no stroking of the penis or extending their feathers to look pretty. It's not pretty. It's an ugly and dirty job and we want to do it... but we definitely don't need finances being pulled away for dumb reasons. Supply the appropriate money to us so we can actually take care of the people in the city.

We're the newest of the three emergency services, only about 30 years old. And in the capacity that a paramedic can work now... only really about 15 years.
This is about letting people know the extent of what we do... not about getting hero badges or anything like that. I hope you don't think that was what it was for.

EDIT: "EMS workers" as you say... that's exactly what I mean. Because the people who are blazing to a call lights and sirens in the ambulance aren't EMS workers. They're not Ambulance drivers either. They're paramedics. Just like how a firefighter isn't a "Fire worker" and the police aren't some other name. It's the trade. The trade is so diluted and this is why more needs to be done by us... to inform the public. But you said it, and I'm just pointing it out.

Edited by 355-Si (09/11/11 10:47 PM)

#5846157 - 10/06/11 07:55 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: 355-Si]
mk39920 Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Toronto Ontario
Guy goes to get a massage at 1am, gets robbed and pistol whipped (LOLs in order) and found by EMS and police shirtless and bleeding from the top of his head.
Tells us to take him to a certain hospital because he told his WIFE that he was going there.
As it turns out, he also has a kid.

Karma's a biiiiiiiiitch! \:D

Ummm where was he?

#5847263 - 10/07/11 10:49 AM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: mk39920]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

maybe its time to spend some money to have a specific group of people to do PR?.. maybe semi-retired ppl..

free zaps from the defibulator!

#5874791 - 10/20/11 10:06 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: phoenixrage]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

I worked the CN Tower stair climb tonight. From 4:30pm to 10pm.

I was stationed at the 92nd floor and when the last person went by me, I had the option of either taking the emergency elevator back down or just going all the way up.
I decided, for shits n' giggles, to see what that would be like. 52 floors with full EMS bags (somewhere in the range of a total of 45lbs. No cardiac monitor)
Omg... so painful. 9m40s to do those 52 floors. I died. hahaha.

#5875955 - 10/21/11 11:15 AM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: 355-Si]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

LMAO

#5880106 - 10/23/11 08:24 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: phoenixrage]
Yellowjacket Offline

GOOD FOR YOU!!!lol thats not a bad time though!
#5949438 - 11/22/11 05:47 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: Yellowjacket]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Funny story from one of the guys... kinda gross!

Recently, I had a patient with chest pain. He was an older gentleman who, like most patients, was completely naked and on the third floor of his home. He had knee surgery and couldn't walk down the stairs. I commented that perhaps he should move to another floor if he can't walk, but he didn't see why as we'll be carrying him anyway. We set up the stairchair, which is used to carry people down stairs in a sitting position. One person holds the bottom and the other holds the top; meaning one person holds the chair where the patient's ankles are and the other holds the chair at the patient's shoulders. When I wrap the sheet around him, his skin crinkles and sloughs off. He has the driest skin of anyone I've ever seen. His psoriasis is so bad that there are piles of his skin collecting in the sheets. You know how in dandruff commercials, they show the dandruff accumulating on a black shirt to make it noticeable? His flaking skin would be noticeable on the Glad Garbage Man if he were standing in a field of snow.

Due to his knee surgery, he couldn't bend his knees which, for the person at the bottom, made the stair chair a less than enjoyable experience. This may be a cartoon moment and I should enlist the help of Vince, but imagine that the person holding the bottom of the stairchair has the patient's legs unbent, going past his head. So the patient's knees are basically on either side of my partner's ears. Now imagine my partner's view...

Anyway, we get him to the ambulance without incident. I'm in the back with him and he's now strapped into the stretcher. It was cold that day, so I turned on the heater. The heater in any ambulance is very powerful. It is meant to heat the ambulance up fast, and it does. There is no 'low', it is either blasting or it isn't. Actually, there is another setting, but it is more of an 'incredibly high'. So you have 'high' and 'incredibly high'. The point is that there is no low or medium.

Ok, most people have heard that you should never cut a down coat or vest in the back of the ambulance because it will, literally, fill the back with feathers. Some people don't believe it and do it anyway, A certain level 2 at 40 has a good story about a nurse cutting a jacket in hospital after he warned her not to. I've never done it. I've heard the stories, taken them as the cautionary tales that they were meant to be, and learned from them.

Unfortunately, I didn't make the connection to my situation with this current patient. As soon as I turned on the heater, the fans started blowing and stirred this man's piles of dead skin into a swirling tornado of white. I couldn't see anything as I suffered a white-out in the back of the ambulance. It was like being in a giant glass snow-globe of dandruff. I pull my shirt up over my face like I was in a cowboy movie where a dust storm suddenly hits. If it wasn't for seeing Hidalgo, I'd be dead now. I feel like the guy who dies in the grain silo at the end of Witness. Holding my breath, blinded by skin particles, I stumbled around clawing at the walls trying to find the off switch. Occasionally, my job sucks. FML.

#5951308 - 11/23/11 01:51 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: 355-Si]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

#5951350 - 11/23/11 02:09 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: phoenixrage]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada

#5961964 - 11/29/11 07:51 PM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Yellowjacket Offline

LMAO
#5962470 - 11/30/11 12:41 AM Re: A HAVE A JOB!!! [Re: Yellowjacket]
Jehson Offline
Poster

Loc: Tondo, Manila, Philippines
Actually, in that case, it blows...

Page 10 of 13 « First<89101112>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads