Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#6679527 - 10/30/12 12:50 AM Shot a redhead...
chef Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: The OC
It was a bloody mess. Ohhhhhhh. We did the shoot in my garage with my car for entries for the autoculture.org 2013 calendar. Here's hopin'. Steady kicked down some outfits for the shoot as well, need to finish working on their shots. She's rad, just married the guy in the one shot.
edit, wanted to add the car shots were made with a square crop in mind for the calendar, that was something new to keep in mind. I've shot for layout with the project52 stuff, but mostly it's just compose and fire at will, so this was a challenge to keep in mind, both lighting and composition.

I've been wanting to shoot some different sort of stuff, and her portfolio is a lot of pinup type stuff and different styles to expand out, so we started off with head shots. Tethered, tripod, Nate on text, softlighters left and right of the camera, pair of AB's hitting the background. Except for the grey. That was with the modeling lamps on the soft lighters, and a dish overhead, which gave the curved shadow i like on the background. Really high iso though, but if that's the worst I can think of it I'm ok with that. Just getting the headshots sorted out, haven't really tweaked them yet, need to do some hair touchup, and going to run through a Gry Garness tutorial disk I've got. That chick's craaaazy with the photoshop retouching.

Just inherited a really really nice NEC lcd from work, and won an i1 display pro meter with some spectracal home theater software, so trying to get everything dialed in right now. Using the i1 software on the nec, everything looks peachy keen on my end, but shit on flickr. sent a few files out for print to pass on to the girl, if they come out alright. Going to need to do some reading to see how to get better quality images up. Didn't feel like I had a problem before, everything was relatively, keyword, consistent across systems and websites and devices.

Edited by chef (10/30/12 11:45 AM)
Order my photo prints (New files uploaded)

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#6680505 - 10/30/12 01:35 PM Re: Shot a redhead... [Re: chef]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
I need one of those for my collection.

Looks like a fun shoot. Love the blue lighting in the third pic.

#6680530 - 10/30/12 01:44 PM Re: Shot a redhead... [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
chef Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: The OC
wife and i are going to take the two of them out for dinner and discuss some lighter styled stuff, more fashion spread kind of work that we both want to try. He's chill and they have a cute little puppy that our dogs are dieing to get a good sniff at. Looking forward to shooting her again, and having a fall back for a pinup styled shoot. I've got a hot rod shop to shoot in but having trouble getting a girl to shoot in it. Crazy right? How could someone pass that up? May use "Lucy" again but would like to mix it up.
just bought a couple sheets of gel to goof off with. not usually a fan, so trying to use them in moderation. Here's a few shots from a workshop I shot up in Santa Cruz. The blacks are a little black, but kinda sorta trying to keep the subject the subject, and it's a pretty dimly lit shack, so lighting it up wouldn't really be appropriate. washing the background with the blue at least helps bring the clutter into one object, and I think helps with keeping the distraction down.

Edited by chef (10/30/12 01:47 PM)
Order my photo prints (New files uploaded)

#6683673 - 10/31/12 08:58 PM Re: Shot a redhead... [Re: chef]
ewraven Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Dept. of Ruminant Procurement
I like those pictures a lot.

She looks really cute in the second picture.

She really conveys the Rockabilly look in the picture of the her on the front wheel.

Awesome.

#6728246 - 11/21/12 01:40 PM Re: Shot a redhead... [Re: ]
Nate047 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: La La Land, CA
I like the first one the best Adam, it has the most character to the light. The second shot is too flat to really evoke anything from me. The two in the shop are not bad but a bit dark in general also, that scene might have benefitted from more light sources to really shape it. The first shot is really cool though, nice work!

Nate
"Nate047 > NateSTL" - TenTwelve
"As long as I have a face, you'll always have a place to sit." - SlowBlackCar

*insert picture of stock Fit here*

#6729199 - 11/22/12 06:05 AM Re: Shot a redhead... [Re: Nate047]
menthemaster Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: MA
cool shots - your writing kills me though -
#6729439 - 11/22/12 11:21 AM Re: Shot a redhead... [Re: menthemaster]
Lafora Offline
Post Master Sr

I was going to type something; then I read Nate's comments. I figure I didn't need to type another redundant comment, because he covered it all \:D
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  jsmonet, x, 2000SiRacer, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads