Topic Options
#6462701 - 07/17/12 10:31 AM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: phoenixrage]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
 Originally Posted By: phoenixrage
 Originally Posted By: Chocolate Canuck
^^ \:o
All joking aside, my condolences to you and wife.

+1

+2

#6462724 - 07/17/12 10:38 AM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: Alpha-Trion]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Alpha-Trion
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business
 Originally Posted By: Alpha-Trion
Hey guys, we don't have 100% confirmation still, but the 23 yr old male victim is my wife's cousin. He was a good kid. Graduated from York and started up his own business. My wife's family is all at her aunts house and everyone is devastated. Just waiting to hear back from the homicide squad/coroner. RIP Josh.

Did he live there?

RIP

He lives in Ajax with his family. Just bought a new car too. Funny thing was the last time we spoke, he was telling us he wanted to be a cop. He was truly an innocent bystander and was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Please value each minute of your lives because you truly never know when your life can be senselessly taken.

wow man, that's brutal, way too young. The fact that he was just a bystander makes my blood boil.

Was he together with that girl that also passed?

When i first heard the news I thought he was the intended target due to a fight or something.

#6462780 - 07/17/12 10:54 AM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: Risky Business]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
sorry to hear \:\(

#6462827 - 07/17/12 11:09 AM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: Euphoricuck]
Alpha-Trion Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Milltown
Police just confirmed that it's him. The police showed up at the family's door at 5am this morning saying their son was involved in the shooting but wouldn't confirm if was injured or dead. So the family was in suspense all morning not knowing what happened. That has got to be the worst feeling in the world. The family can't even view the body until tomorrow.
#6462862 - 07/17/12 11:19 AM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: Alpha-Trion]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Loc: toronto
damn RIP \:\(

My co-worker lives less than 500ft from where it happened. His wife heard about 30 pops.

Bring back the public hanigng or stoning. I would support the death penatly for people who do this

#6462962 - 07/17/12 11:58 AM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: zc911]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Oh man, sorry to hear. RIP
#6463040 - 07/17/12 12:31 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: OracerO]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
fuck man \:\(
sorry to hear.
and yes, the rage is unspeakable for you/your fam im sure........

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#6463226 - 07/17/12 01:54 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
I'm reading this "analysis" right now.
http://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/wokxt/breaking_news_11_people_shot_at_house/c5f61do

#6463255 - 07/17/12 02:09 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: porschetr]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

what a bunch of morons. the fuck

*speaking of the war and back lash tweets n stuff*

#6463295 - 07/17/12 02:22 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: Euphoricuck]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew...-161219575.html

Quote:
A brazen Monday night shootout at a public event in east end Toronto is raising fears of escalating gun violence in Canada's largest city.

Gunfire rang out at an outdoor barbecue in Scarborough at about 10:40pm, leaving two bystanders dead, 21 wounded, and at least three trampled in a rush to leave the scene.

[ Related gallery: Scarborough shooting ]

At a news conference Tuesday morning, police chief Bill Blair admitted that he's concerned about escalating violence.

Edited by Big Tasty (07/17/12 02:23 PM)

#6463323 - 07/17/12 02:29 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: Big Tasty]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

if they talk about banning guns or bullets...fucks sake

#6463339 - 07/17/12 02:33 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: Euphoricuck]
SiRice Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Markham
Simply brutal, it's one thing to be taking it out on gang members but out in the public with innocent by standards and children?

We have hit an all time low in Toronto.

Not too sure how we solve this problem but the idea of having a "for profit" prison system is sounding really good.

#6463347 - 07/17/12 02:35 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: SiRice]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Quote:
While both of you (JoshuaErrett and BitchslappedByLogic) have good points about the relevence of music produced in this neighbourhood, I am nevertheless very troubled by this quote from a song (by a local artist) cited above http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCTMJVI9z3c&feature=related:
"Fuck a gun range, my aim sloppy - Shower posses, make it rain, kill everybody"
From the sounds of it, this looks exactly like what went down last night. This obviously doesn't implicate the rap artist in this shooting, or anything like that, but it does point to a complete lack of 'a code' (e.g. G code) being promoted in the area. If I recall, Tupac Shakur played an important role in developing a code of conduct between feuding gangs in LA. I hope that these artists work to promote something similar in Toronto, rather than promote further tragedy (particularly with those outside 'the game').

*buys vest*

#6463352 - 07/17/12 02:36 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: Euphoricuck]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
sorry to hear alpha-tron. such a waste. \:\(

Edited by Flexin5 (07/17/12 02:37 PM)

#6463444 - 07/17/12 03:14 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: OracerO]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
I lived 100 meters away from that scene on Morningside when I was young (we moved when I was 9 to North York).

I'm not looking forward to going to work the next few days... retaliation.

#6463452 - 07/17/12 03:19 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: 355-Si]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Do you have more info? Were they using an automatic or semi? I still don't understand how so many people were injured...
#6463465 - 07/17/12 03:24 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: Risky Business]
SiRice Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Markham
Don't want to make assumptions but I have doubts it would be an automatic firearm. Most likely semi and willing to bet with 9mm. Hopefully no 45ACP.
#6463490 - 07/17/12 03:40 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: SiRice]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I doubt it's auto too, that alone I think carries a 7 year sentence on its own (just having possession of one)...but again for 19 people to be injured I'd assume it was quite a few bullets flying.
#6463579 - 07/17/12 04:10 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: Risky Business]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Condolences to the family and friends. Shitty way to go. Shot by some scumbag wannabe gangster.

Do you have more info? Were they using an automatic or semi? I still don't understand how so many people were injured...

2 or 3 guys each with a handgun loaded with 9-15 rounds. .22 or a 9mm will penetrate and pass through most things pretty easily without causing much damage. Neither are overly power and wont do alot of damage unless its a head shot or several centre of mass. Both are cheap and easy to get too.

A .40 will do a pretty decent amount of damage, even will poorly aimed shots. Thats why the cops use them. Most cant shoot for shit, but at least they can stand, aim and work their sidearms properly. Gangbangers, not so much.

A .45 would leave alot more people dead or very seriously injured. Its a very big and heavy round that does alot of damage. You get hit with one of those in the head or chest, youre done.

Its cases like this where I dont supoort our gun laws at all. A responsible, well trained licenced to carry gun owner like myself could have ended this shooting, the Eaton Centre on or that girl on Yonge St a few years ago within a few seconds.

Instead, I cant leave my home with my guns without calling the cops first while these scum bags start firefights at a family party.

#6463732 - 07/17/12 05:17 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: Risky Business]
oranjizz Offline
Post Master

Loc: Ontario, Canada, etc.
I doubt it's auto too, that alone I think carries a 7 year sentence on its own (just having possession of one)...but again for 19 people to be injured I'd assume it was quite a few bullets flying.
I don't think a fully automatic weapon has been used in a murder in Canada...I could be wrong. It is not that hard to harm 22 people with any type of action if there is a crowd of 200+ and two shooters.

#6463735 - 07/17/12 05:18 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: The Postman]
oranjizz Offline
Post Master

Loc: Ontario, Canada, etc.
 Originally Posted By: Dumbass
Condolences to the family and friends. Shitty way to go. Shot by some scumbag wannabe gangster.

2 or 3 guys each with a handgun loaded with 9-15 rounds. .22 or a 9mm will penetrate and pass through most things pretty easily without causing much damage. Neither are overly power and wont do alot of damage unless its a head shot or several centre of mass. Both are cheap and easy to get too.

A .40 will do a pretty decent amount of damage, even will poorly aimed shots. Thats why the cops use them. Most cant shoot for shit, but at least they can stand, aim and work their sidearms properly. Gangbangers, not so much.

A .45 would leave alot more people dead or very seriously injured. Its a very big and heavy round that does alot of damage. You get hit with one of those in the head or chest, youre done.

Its cases like this where I dont supoort our gun laws at all. A responsible, well trained licenced to carry gun owner like myself could have ended this shooting, the Eaton Centre on or that girl on Yonge St a few years ago within a few seconds.

Instead, I cant leave my home with my guns without calling the cops first while these scum bags start firefights at a family party.
While I agree with your premise how many people at that party do you think could qualify to be gun owners (let alone are actual legal gun owners).

#6463787 - 07/17/12 06:02 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: The Postman]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/201...bbers-in-Ocala-

Worked in this instance but in the case of a blocko do you really think you can isolate the intended target out of a huge, running and panicking crowd?

Vigilantism is a slippery slope!

#6463835 - 07/17/12 06:46 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: spd-dmn]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there

#6463868 - 07/17/12 06:58 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: The Postman]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge

If you were there with a gun, it probably caused same or more damage as both gangs try to kill you while everybody is running around in chaos. 2 way gun fight is now a 3 way.

#6463909 - 07/17/12 07:14 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: porschetr]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
\:\(

RIP

#6464169 - 07/17/12 09:26 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: porschetr]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: porschetr

If you were there with a gun, it probably caused same or more damage as both gangs try to kill you while everybody is running around in chaos. 2 way gun fight is now a 3 way.

Ummm, flawed logic much?

I wish we were allowed to conceal carry here.

#6464197 - 07/17/12 09:45 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: Risky Business]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

Risky, shooting is a very fun hobby to take up. If you've never been, check out Target Sports Canada. You can try about 30 different various handgun and rifles there.

Back in my prime, I could hit 3 separate targets 2-3 times from about 10 feet away in about 3.5 seconds.

#6464236 - 07/17/12 10:24 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: The Postman]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/...f-the-good-guys

Too soon! He sounds like a solid member of society. \:\(

#6464242 - 07/17/12 10:28 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Sorry to hear alpha. This city is getting fucked hard. Time for Blair to go.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#6464250 - 07/17/12 10:33 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: Hatorade]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

Sounds like a good kid. Shame.
#6464285 - 07/17/12 10:54 PM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: The Postman]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

What's impressive is this guy was only 23 and had this barber shop that sounds like could've been raking it in. What a shame man.

I hope whoever is responsible gets caught by karma 10x worse. Mother fuckers.

#6464553 - 07/18/12 08:04 AM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: Risky Business]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

the shop was 9 months old. i wouldnt say it was raking it in but he and his buddies were on their way!

very sad.

and of course all the silly gun ban talk is about ...because people who fire into crowds abide by the laws and use legal guns for such activities.

#6464569 - 07/18/12 08:14 AM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: Euphoricuck]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
the worst is adam vaughan with his "ban on bullets" talk... I don't get how this retard gets re-elected.

gun bans don't work because, 1 the guns are already on the streets, and 2, like these people even care about the law LOL. Delusional politicians with no sense of reality.

IMO, if convicted of a gun crime, the judge should have to option to strip you of your canadian citizenship and send you off to some third world country that we'd offer cash to their government to allow us to airdrop these gang members.. or pay them a fraction of the price to setup a prison in their country.. i.e. outsourcing it.

On the radio this morning, one of the lawyers suggested that we should have mandatory military service for young people i.e. by age 18. That way they learn discipline and respect for authority.. Not sure if I agree with it or not since by that age, they are probably already involved. Instead, I would consider some sort of mandatory summer camp or high discipline schooling system (i.e. a military style school?).

#6464589 - 07/18/12 08:30 AM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: Euphoricuck]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Euphoric
the shop was 9 months old. i wouldnt say it was raking it in but he and his buddies were on their way!

very sad.

What I meant is the $ potential was there. The kid was educated, VERY YOUNG, how many people even have an ontario inc number at 22, let a lone a cash business that caters to a growing demographic that blow money like it's going out of style in an area that's basically perfect for the service he was offering.

It's a shame, this guy was going places.

#6464605 - 07/18/12 08:38 AM Re: scarb block party shooting [Re: Risky Business]
Alpha-Trion Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Milltown
Thanks guys... he was a hard working guy, graduated with honors from York in Criminology... we always joked that he didn't go out often and opted to stay home and study. It's a travesty that his life ended so young. I really hope they find these fukkers... I'm so pissed right now. Their family is going to see body right now... can't imagine what they're going through.
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads