Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#5631511 - 06/19/11 11:02 PM Got my integra running again after 6 years
JRSC2001GSR Offline
Post Master

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I've posted before about my integra not starting after an engine rebuild. Well it sat for 6 years because I didn't have the money to drive it and I checked everything I could think of.

Have the money now to get it going again so I was determined to fix it. After going through everything I could think of twice it turned out to be the valve clearance adjustment. Somehow (probably my doing) the valve clearances were super tight basically holding the valves open a little during combustion.

Got the car started and it was running a little rough and threw a CEL right away. It's in limp mode with CEL 22 which is the VTEC pressure switch. Gonna fix it tomorrow. Also the cooling fans didn't come on as the temp was up so I checked the ECT sensor and it's dead also.

Pretty excited to have it close to drivable again. Still have to fab up a water tank for my air to liquid intercooler setup and hook up the pump and plumb it all. Then tune the AEM EMS for the new setup.

Videos
#6215368 - 03/16/12 09:42 PM Re: Got my integra running again after 6 years [Re: JRSC2001GSR]
volunteer Offline

Why dont you take it to repair?

#6341363 - 05/14/12 10:08 PM Re: Got my integra running again after 6 years [Re: volunteer]
JRSC2001GSR Offline
Post Master

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I had 3 mechanics look at the car and go thru it and couldn't figure it out. Got everything finished and have been drive/beating on it since last summer.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  M3Pilot or M3Driver, SiAdam, tenplanescrashing 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Brake Kits Cheap
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brakes
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
Cruchfield
Audio/Video/Cameras
DeadWood Knives
Knives, Home & Hunting
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
TireRack
Tires/Wheels/Suspension
Truck Accessories
Tonneaus, Running Boards
1-800-Flowers
Flowers & Gift Baskets
WeatherTech
Coupon Code "take10"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
Artisan Soap Lab
Handcrafted Bodycare
Advertisement

| Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Pads & Rotors | Performance Brake Kits | Porsche Brake Upgrades-Big Brake Kits | WeatherTech Mats -Coupon Code weathertech10