Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#5299761 - 01/11/11 12:41 PM Princess auto sucks
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
Anytime I have ever attempted to buy something from there, the quality either sucks, or its not in stock. Case in point, I needed some snap ring pliers to remove the clamps holding the intake manifold to the 6 individual TBs on the M3. I had to make 3 trips because their damned pliers kept breaking.
I went there over the weekend to get a plastic rivet tool, and its out of stock. No one can tell you over the phone if its in stock or not..........

I bought the part on Ebay, thats my last trip to Princess Auto.

#5299770 - 01/11/11 12:44 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
blcmagic Offline
*poof*
Post Master Supreme

Loc: canadia
You fail. I haven't had any issues with them or their tools and their customer service is head and shoulders above many companies.

#5299775 - 01/11/11 12:45 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: blcmagic]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: blcmagic
You fail. I haven't had any issues with them or their tools and their customer service is head and shoulders above many companies.

+1

I haven't had issues, but the customer service at the whitby/oshawa one sucks (which is where he probably went).

Other than that, no issues with out of stock or poor quality

#5299789 - 01/11/11 12:51 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: Risky Business]
blcmagic Offline
*poof*
Post Master Supreme

Well it's all white trash there ;\)

I've been to several other locations and they've all had exemplary service.

Plus, lifetime warranty on tools can't be beat! You don't even need a receipt. How can anyone complain about that?

#5299813 - 01/11/11 12:57 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: blcmagic]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

^^ I went to the Oshawa one. I don't think they know the meaning of customer service, its hard enough to find someone in the section that you are in to help you. I was looking for this.

I ordered from ebay, I'll pay the extra shipping rather than have to deal with Princess Auto again.

#5299820 - 01/11/11 12:59 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Quality is low on most of their tools. It is to be expected for the price though.

#5299930 - 01/11/11 01:31 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: JEFFOS]
SiZ Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Longdon, Ontario
I lub them for cheap tools.

#5299944 - 01/11/11 01:33 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: blcmagic]
CivicGSR50 Offline
Poster

But, but, but, they suck! Because of my two bad experiences with them/WW

Lol, bought a log-splitter from them, towed it home, cut down four trees in the yard, piled the wood nicely in the shed, then towed the log-splitter back to Princess Auto and returned it with the same receipt. No rental charge from Home Depot or Stephenson's, and aside from the manual labour, I've got firewood for two seasons now. but, but they suck! Try the Mississauga location next time you're at the in laws, or you can always flash the card[/s] see if that helps in Oshawa.

Or this other time at life camp, I returned a 3 tonne jack after the valve starting peeing oil, no receipt, no problem, bar code was still on the jack, free replacement. The jack must have been at least 7 years old.

#5299963 - 01/11/11 01:38 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: CivicGSR50]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario

like clockwork....

#5299971 - 01/11/11 01:39 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: CivicGSR50]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
no problems here with them. their return policy is the best.

couldve just gone to CT for the pliers if you had issues

#5299980 - 01/11/11 01:41 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: CivicGSR50]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: CivicGSR50

But, but, but, they suck! Because of my two bad experiences with them/WW

Lol, bought a log-splitter from them, towed it home, cut down four trees in the yard, piled the wood nicely in the shed, then towed the log-splitter back to Princess Auto and returned it with the same receipt. No rental charge from Home Depot or Stephenson's, and aside from the manual labour, I've got firewood for two seasons now. but, but they suck! Try the Mississauga location next time you're at the in laws, or you can always flash the card[/s] see if that helps in Oshawa.

So you did something unethical? \:o I guess it won't be the first or last time. Did you get a permit to cut the trees?

I just told you about my experiences in buying stuff from them, two consecutive bad experiences is enough ruin it for me when they have competition. They suck for me, maybe for you its different

#5300014 - 01/11/11 01:48 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
CivicGSR50 Offline
Poster

Originally Posted By: Chocolate Canuck
So you did something unethical? \:o I guess it won't be the first or last time. Did you get a permit to cut the trees? I just told you about my experiences in buying stuff from them, two consecutive bad experiences is enough ruin it for me when they have competition. They suck for me, maybe for you its different

Lol, as if I am the only one who buys a tool, and I am the only one who returns it after using it once. Lol, come down off your high horse there, I ain't the only one, and I you're right, I won't be the last one.

Permit to cut trees, only if the trunk is a certain girth, time to break out the measuring tape again, one tree did require an aborist report as it was 99-100% dead, therefore no permit was required, and all were on private property, anything else you need to know GO GO Gadget?

Yes for a whole bunch of it us, it is different, but for you, they obviously sucked, so time to move to Houston right away due to poor customer service in Canaduh!

#5300045 - 01/11/11 01:58 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: CivicGSR50]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

^^ Oh, don't worry, I am working on the Houston thing diligently. I'm sure your parents told you as a kid, just because other people do it doesn't make it right. And I'm not on a highhorse, two years ago, I rented a tool from home depot to sand and redo my deck, if I need a tool, I buy it, or if its not going to be used much afterwards, I rent it. I never do the purchase and return, ethics, you either have it or you don't :p
#5300567 - 01/11/11 04:04 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada
tools are shit but they are cheap so even if you need them only once you don't feel so bad. plus you can return anything there if it breaks, awesome return policy.
#5300596 - 01/11/11 04:15 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: robbbby]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
Ur a tool!
#5300624 - 01/11/11 04:26 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: JEFFOS]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
 Originally Posted By: JEFFOS69
Quality is low on most of their tools. It is to be expected for the price though.

Pretty much, it's the one off tools I buy there that I'm only going to use sparingly in the future. If I want something to last and I'm going to use it all the time, I'll buy a decent brand.

#5300806 - 01/11/11 05:15 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: LNXGUY]
qwiksi Offline

Loc: North Pole
PA is a great store.
Never had a issues with them,infact they just exchanged an 8 year old torque wrench for me because it broke,no questions asked.

My portable tool box is filled with PA tools,if I loose a tool in the bush when
im out dirtbiking it wont really bother me.
Just picked up a gold plated HDMI cable for $10,everywhere else they start at $20 and up.

#5301010 - 01/11/11 06:48 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: qwiksi]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
wtf,they have awesome exchange policy.

#5301327 - 01/11/11 08:55 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: c2k]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
princess auto has the not so common tools for cheap. you just buy them to use them once cause your in a jam. where else can you get a paint gun for $30 or a engine hoist for $100 or a ball joint removal tool etc.

#5301361 - 01/11/11 09:04 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: CivicGSR50]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
So you did something unethical? \:o I guess it won't be the first or last time. Did you get a permit to cut the trees? I just told you about my experiences in buying stuff from them, two consecutive bad experiences is enough ruin it for me when they have competition. They suck for me, maybe for you its different

Lol, as if I am the only one who buys a tool, and I am the only one who returns it after using it once. Lol, come down off your high horse there, I ain't the only one, and I you're right, I won't be the last one.

Permit to cut trees, only if the trunk is a certain girth, time to break out the measuring tape again, one tree did require an aborist report as it was 99-100% dead, therefore no permit was required, and all were on private property, anything else you need to know GO GO Gadget?

Yes for a whole bunch of it us, it is different, but for you, they obviously sucked, so time to move to Houston right away due to poor customer service in Canaduh!

its people like you who fuck up the system for the decent ones..

#5301520 - 01/11/11 10:06 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: loudsubz]
CivicGSR50 Offline
Poster

Originally Posted By: loudsubz

How do I mess up the 'system' or the Royal Service Promise? Ever price match something with a receipt, ever return a product that you weren't satisfied with? Ahh I forgot a bunch of hypocrites we have running amuck here.

Ever try renting a 25 tonne log splitter from Stephenson's or HD? Go rent one, tell me the condition of it, and whether you'd be prepared trusting your limbs on shotty equipment vs. Brand Spanking new with all the latest bells and whistles of technology. Hmm tough call, my life and limbs are worth a lot more than just a rental fee (we aren't talking about belt sanders here little boy). Oh yeah, what would you do with a 25 tonne log splitter after using it for one day, hmm, rent it out, or return it since I don't own a tree company. It served its purpose, my CC was authorized, and refund was given, three cheers for PA and their return policy/promise.

#5301608 - 01/11/11 10:34 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: CivicGSR50]
87ZCSi Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Portland and Toronto
So you didn't do it cause you're cheap, you did it for your safety. If you could have rented a safe one you would have paid the money, but free and safe is better. I understand now. When they asked the reason for return did you say "I only needed it for one day of heavy use, so I'm done now"?

For stuff like that I just buy it and let my friends all know I have one for the day they want it.

#5301616 - 01/11/11 10:38 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: CivicGSR50]
87ZCSi Offline
Post Master Sr

How do I mess up the 'system' or the Royal Service Promise?

Quote:

At Princess Auto our Royal Service Promise states: No Sale is Final until you're Satisfied!

But you were satisfied weren't you? It did exactly what you wanted, safely, in the time frame you required. By the definition on the site the sale was final.

Sorry, I'm typically not one to speak out around here but speaking as a businessman this isn't cool.

#5301635 - 01/11/11 10:50 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: CivicGSR50]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,

How do I mess up the 'system' or the Royal Service Promise? Ever price match something with a receipt, ever return a product that you weren't satisfied with? Ahh I forgot a bunch of hypocrites we have running amuck here.

Ever try renting a 25 tonne log splitter from Stephenson's or HD? Go rent one, tell me the condition of it, and whether you'd be prepared trusting your limbs on shotty equipment vs. Brand Spanking new with all the latest bells and whistles of technology. Hmm tough call, my life and limbs are worth a lot more than just a rental fee (we aren't talking about belt sanders here little boy). Oh yeah, what would you do with a 25 tonne log splitter after using it for one day, hmm, rent it out, or return it since I don't own a tree company. It served its purpose, my CC was authorized, and refund was given, three cheers for PA and their return policy/promise.

Start renting your equipment at a decent place and you wouldn't have this problem.

A fucking log splitter? Really? Dude, that's pretty bad.

#5301842 - 01/12/11 12:50 AM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: CivicGSR50]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany

just... wow...

wow..... Im just stunned.

#5301848 - 01/12/11 12:53 AM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: LNXGUY]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan

lazy ass

#5301999 - 01/12/11 07:52 AM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: Euphoricuck]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
^lol

euphoric doesn't even use an axe.
one mad tyt3 karate chop and the tree is down.

so how did princess auto get it's name anyways? lost in translation from chinese?

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#5302016 - 01/12/11 08:08 AM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
87ZCSi Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Screamin4creampie
^lol

so how did princess auto get it's name anyways? lost in translation from chinese?

In 1942 a young Winnipeg truck driver named Mr. Harvey Tallman sold his truck and with the proceeds was able to purchase Princess Auto Wrecking on Princess Street in Winnipeg, Manitoba

#5302053 - 01/12/11 08:30 AM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: 87ZCSi]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: 87ZCSi
 Originally Posted By: Screamin4creampie
^lol

In 1942 a young Winnipeg truck driver named Mr. Harvey Tallman sold his truck and with the proceeds was able to purchase Princess Auto Wrecking on Princess Street in Winnipeg, Manitoba

oh, well then...that makes sense.
no wiki req'd lol

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#5302228 - 01/12/11 10:00 AM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: LNXGUY]
CivicGSR50 Offline
Poster

Originally Posted By: LNXGUY

Start renting your equipment at a decent place and you wouldn't have this problem.

A fucking log splitter? Really? Dude, that's pretty bad.

Over the past year, I've rented three jack-hammers, a 3 foot bobcat, 5 foot bobcat, mini escavator, sod rollers, concrete saws, edco scarifier's, and tamper's. I've used HD, Stephenson's and Metro Rent-All, and not one of them I would trust renting a log-splitter from. Tell me, what other 'decent' places do you know of in Toronto? If PA operated a rental business, I'd have an account with them too, for now I'll trust my limbs with their in-stock equipment.

#5302237 - 01/12/11 10:04 AM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: titty sprinkles]
f22b-dohc Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Flexin5
princess auto has the not so common tools for cheap. you just buy them to use them once cause your in a jam. where else can you get a paint gun for $30 or a engine hoist for $100 or a ball joint removal tool etc.

think the engine lift i have from my brothers work (not used for engines though) came from printcesssssssssss auto. pretty sure we've used it over 10 times.

BJ removers? BFH FTW and it doest fudge up the seals

got to admit though; some of their wratchets are ass, broke a few breaker bars before buying an inch drive and exchanged w/o probs -- no receipts.

Edited by f22b-dohc (01/12/11 10:05 AM)

#5302240 - 01/12/11 10:05 AM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: CivicGSR50]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

^^ Doesn't excuse the fact that you bought a tool, used it and returned it (and you intended to do that). That just shows lack of scruples.
#5304039 - 01/12/11 11:59 PM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: qwiksi]
1300cc_Rocket Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Ontario
 Originally Posted By: qwiksi
PA is a great store.
Never had a issues with them,infact they just exchanged an 8 year old torque wrench for me because it broke,no questions asked.

Thats impressive. Torque Wrenches are excluded from Craftsman and Mastercraft Lifetime warranties.

If you think about it, returning something that was cheap to begin with, has given you years of service, and doesn't owe you a dime is a fucked up concept in itself regardless of the return policy. I'm not saying you're in the wrong, because I've done it. A return policy is a return policy.

I had to make 3 trips because their damned pliers kept breaking.

I think we all would think twice when judging the suitability of a tool if there was a zero return policy on it.

You bought a piece of shit that was not suitable for the job. Even my Channel Lock snap ring pliers seem stressed undoing some rings.

Returning something after one use is essentially the same as over using or abusing something and then just replacing it under the liberal return policy. In fact the company probably loses more when they hand you a second tool, rather than buying back (returning) a tool that can probably be re-sold.

Right now I've got a 20 year old craftsman ratchet that has broken ratchet mechanism. Should I have used a pipe on it? Probably not. Will i Bring it in for replacement? You bet. Lifetime Warranty is part of the marketing game that causes you to buy something in the first place.

Had he over used that log splitter it would have failed and he would have been eligible for a free replacement. Is that any more ethical than just returning it after one use? Nothing lasts forever. Especially Princess Auto tools!

I guess my point is many factors are considered when developing a return policy. Numbers are crunched, beans are counted and if it makes sense to have stricter return policies they would be in place (i.e. Costco's new 90day return isntead of 1 year on electronics, wal-mart 30 day return versus 1 year return of the past)

I don't see that he was ruining it for everyone by returning used log splitter. If the company changes their return policy to something like "no returns on visibly used items", The only ones who lose out are the ones who want to buy and return tools after using them!

Princess Auto doesn't suck.

#5304205 - 01/13/11 05:50 AM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: furball]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada
 Originally Posted By: FurBall
Ur a tool!

and your dad should have jerked off on a rock.

#5304299 - 01/13/11 08:53 AM Re: Princess auto sucks [Re: 1300cc_Rocket]
qwiksi Offline

Loc: North Pole
 Originally Posted By: 1300cc_Rocket
Thats impressive. Torque Wrenches are excluded from Craftsman and Mastercraft Lifetime warranties. If you think about it, returning something that was cheap to begin with

It's not cheap at all other then the price,I use my torque wrench alot.
It even comes in a hard case unlike the Can Tire one.I think it was my fault that it broke,was torqueing the lug nuts on my truck which call for 160ftlbs and the wrench goes up to 150lbs.As I was giving the nuts an extra turn the gears in the wrench broke.Even if they didnt exchange it,8 years for $35 is a good deal in my books.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads