Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#4566541 - 03/04/10 08:01 PM dvsidboy's - Project SI
dvsidboy Offline

Well, I have never done one of these threads before so I thought I would start one up, being that I have started to get more work done to the car lately.

So here we go, now some stuff on the dates may be off a bit:

September 2007: Bought the car with 32 miles on it, woot

November of 2007: Picked up 17x7 Konig Countersteer Rims. Also tinted windows 15% all the way around, with the front little windows going to 5% tint.

December 26th, 2007: Skunk2 Lowering Springs install

March 30th, 2008: Car sees its first Autocross event (Stock rims/tires used)

April 19th, 2008: Trouble strikes while shooting at autocross. Whole front end needed to be replaced (bumper, fenders, headlights, hood)

May, 2008: The SI is all fixed and ready to rock. Now sporting a Seibon C/F hood and Konigs color matched to the car.

October 11th, 2008: The Honda takes on the drag track. Best time for the year was a 15.1 at 92mph

October 26th, 2008: The SI makes its return to Autocross, with Shea co-driving the car this time.

March 1st, 2009: The Project SI picks up the first sponsor, Skunk2. They were kind enough to send their Pro-C coilovers for the car.

Full install: http://www.tunerzine.com/view_article/tech_feature/project-si-skunk2-proc-coilovers

May 18th, 2009: The Honda takes a trip to Skunk2 and Eibach Meet in California.

November 12th, 2009: The Honda SI picks up second sponsor, BLOX Racing. Blox was kind enough to send us the front and rear sway bar upgrade.

Full Install: Link coming soon

February, 2010: Rims are dropped of to Moda Metals to get work done on them. (Here are various pictures from the stages of the rims)

February 27th, 2010: Skunk2 Sends us the rear camber kit for the SI.

Full Install: http://www.speedmotiv.com/2010/03/02/view-news/project-si--skunk2-rear-camber-kit-install

March 2nd: Day starts with another photo of the Rim, now almost ready for new color. Also the Tires are in. Dunlop Star Specs 235/40/17s

March 3rd: Moda Metals sent me an update on the rims...getting closer...
Here is before another dip:

Here is after:

And the faces:

March 5th, 2010 - Plug and Play HID Kit Installed: (6000k)

So much room to work with, lol

Had to remove the battery to get easier access

Removing the tires and going from beind the bumper was at bit easier to manage

Dont break it....I kinda wanted to...lol

Here is the difference between HID and Stock (Driver Side=stock)

March 13th, 2010 - Star Specs (235/40/17) mounted to stock rims for the time being. Alignment is also been set and the car is ready to rock.

March 14, 2010 - First Race Recap:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4067/4435849186_a1afc18ae2.jpg" alt="" />

This weekend marked the first race of the season for the Project SI with the Snake River Autocross club. Over the winter the car saw a few minor changes to it, with the addition of a rear camber kit from our boys at Skunk2 and a new set of Dunlop Star Specs (235/40/17). If you remember from last year the Project SI runs in a class unique to this SCCA club. The class is called Idaho Motor Sports (or IMS for short), this class is for the local forum that brings out pretty much any street car to compete. For this class the rules are pretty simple, because there are only 2 of them: 1. Street Legal and 2. Street Tires (140 Tread wear and up). The IMS class is filled with almost everything you can think of, high horse power Evolutions to 1980s Honda’s and big mix in-between.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4072/4435849164_7171561eae.jpg" alt="" />

After the first run I could tell the work from over the winter really paid off. The camber was set just right and Skunk2 Coilovers were performing in tip top shape. The tires took a few runs to get heat into them and then they really started to help perform. This was a huge learning day for me on understanding the tire pressure and roll marks on the tires to really help dial in the handling with the SI. After a few drift runs (if you will, ha) I knocked down 1 final time on my next to last run. Having run in the low 49s and high 48s for the day, this run blasted off at a 48.2 shooting myself into 5th for the IMS class and 31st overall for RAW time (5.721 behind the Viper that set top time of the day)

Here is a look at the Top 10 from the IMS class:
1st. Kyle Dale – 2004 Evolution VIII – 46.790
2nd. Joseph Hauser – 2008 Evolution X – 47.479
3rd. Kagen Mateer – 2006 Subaru Legacy – 47.535
4th. Ryan Mikelson – 2003 Evolution VIII – 47.913
5th. Chris Wold – 2007 Honda Civic SI – 48.295
6th. Scott Neiwert – 2004 Mazda RX-8 – 48.506
7th. Josh Kollins – Nissan 240SX (VQ swap) – 49.266
8th. Matt Byars – 2007 Honda Civic SI – 49.879
9th. Casey Rienstra – 1992 Intergra – 49.944
10. Alex Cordova – 2002 VW GTi – 50.970

With the next race in two weeks we still have a few more items to go on the SI to make it look a little better, we are still working on getting the power up there but it will be soon. Stay with us this year to see updates and videos from our events we go to and as we add more goodies to the Project SI.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4020/4435075311_ccf82ceedc.jpg" alt="" />

Big thank you again to all our sponsors that have signed on for this year to really help this project take off. Also thanks to Josh Wolfe (jwolfeproductions.com) for taking these awesome photos of the SI at this event.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2236/4435075289_5812cae993.jpg" alt="" />

March 18th, 2010 - MODA Metals Update - The Rims are now Black...now for the lip

Here is the tape job to show how much of the lip with be different.

April 1st, 2010: EBC was kind enough to send these to me: EBC Yellow Pads
Rims are getting closer to being finished

Will try to install this weekend: EBC Yellow Pads

April 14th, 2010: MODA Metals Goodies!!! Should have these mounted for the upcoming race this Sunday.
Big props to DJ from MODA Metals and Jereb from Dub Lab.

April 15th, 2010: Photoshoot with Rims mounted!!!!!!!

April 18th, 2010 - SRRSCCA Autocross event #3
Well it was time again to take the SI out for another race. Once getting the wheels mounted it was time for me to really start to understand the airpressure in teh tires and the affect they would have on the course. Sunday was a great test also, with the temps getting into the 80s I was able to see how the tires held up in the heat. Well they help up just great, my fastest times were in the afternoon runs where the tires could great heat into them. My co-driver for the day also say the same result. It was a great day of racing, with me finishing 4th in our class and my co-driver finishing 5th. Keep in mind that during this event 2nd-7th switched places atleast 20 times. It was really tight racing and a great time. Now to work on getting more power under the SI to keep up with those damn Evolutions walking away in our class.

Here is are some photos from the event thanks to Greg!

Also added some videos so before to check them out in the video area of this post.

May 8th, 2010 - SRRSCCA Autocross event #4
This last weekend marked the 3rd event for the Project SI. Our local SCCA Club held what they call a NocternoX, basically a night autocross. First time doing a event like this so I didn’t know what to expect. I had a friend of mine co-drive also this day, so that I could switch groups and get some snaps in during racing. The first session for us started around 6pm so the track was nice and warm. From walking the track to driving it, the track was a very tight and very technical. This lead for a great day for the SI. After the first session was over I was in 2nd place for the class and my co-driver was in 5th. Great start! Now as the sun set the temps really started to drop off, so I was sure that the times would not get any better. Well this colder temp seemed to wake the SI up just a bit more. I nailed my best time of the day, which still kept me second in the class but moved me in RAW time to 21st out of 92 drivers. My co-driver also bettered his time and jumped into the 4th spot and finished there.

Great weekend overall for the Project SI, car felt smooth and fast. Took a few people for some ride along’s and they couldn’t believe what the car was able to do with simple mods. Big thanks to our sponsors that helped make the SI handle on rails. Shouts out to Tony/Aaron at Skunk2 and Mike over at BLOX. Without their support and parts I would not be writing this.

Here are some snaps: (Be sure to also see the video below)

June 5th & 6th – EISCCA Autocross Event #5/6
This past weekend I took the SI for its first road trip race for the 2010 season. Jerome High School was the location for our next pointed SCCA event hosted by the Eastern Idaho SCCA group. The track layouts here are usually tight and technical and Saturday proved to be just that. The course started on the outside and worked itself back into the middle with three 180 degree turns that would drop me back into first gear. Saturday’s layout however really showed what the SI was capable of doing; the rear end was sliding out just enough in the corners to allow for more speed to be carried through. At the end of the day I took first place in my class and finished in top 25 for RAW time.

Sunday’s track was a bit more open than Saturdays with a drag race start for the most part. This was going to be a huge task for the SI to keep up with some of the competition in the class. If there was one place I could make up time it would be in the turns. The track had a very smooth feel do it, only needing to drop back into first in two locations. So I was able to carry great speed and momentum throughout the course, however I ended up finished in second place (.360 behind first). Even with a second place finish I managed another top 25 for RAW time. This weekend’s events helped push me into 4th place currently for the class, even though only 12 events count, it’s good to have a good set of points going into the second half of the year.
Next event for the SI is going to be this upcoming June 19th as I will race under the lights again in another NocternoX hosted by the Snake River SCCA region.

Here are some photos from Jerome, courtesy of Chuck Bissey:

June 17th, 2010 - Go-Power Motorsports Sponsorship

- "GO Power Motorsports was founded in early 2007 by motorsports enthusiasts who saw an opportunity to bring quality products into the performance market. With over 20 years combined experience, the founders bring a wealth of knowledge to lead this new venture. Utilizing the latest engineering techniques and following strict manufacturing protocols."

Go-Power Motorsports

June 21st, 2010 – Cricket Communications Sponsorship

I am pleased to announce the addition of Cricket Communications to the Project SI. Cricket is going to bring on a new element to our project and help achieve the long term goal of the Civic SI.

Cricket is the pioneer of simple and affordable unlimited wireless services with no long-term commitments or credit checks required serving more than four million customers in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Cricket offers wireless voice and broadband Internet services over the latest technology, high-quality, all-digital 3G wireless network. Cricket’s wireless voice service plans include unlimited anytime minutes, unlimited U.S. long distance, unlimited text and picture messaging, unlimited text to Mexico, unlimited Mobile Web, unlimited directory assistance, as well as a variety of calling features and feature-rich mobile applications such as popular games, ringtones and wallpapers. Cricket Broadband provides unlimited Internet access anywhere within Cricket’s coverage areas at speeds comparable to DSL. For more information on Cricket, visit http://www.mycricket.com. Cricket is offered by Leap Wireless International, Inc., headquartered in San Diego, Calif. For more information on Leap, visit http://www.leapwireless.com.

Also, I am calling on you all for your help… We are in the works of our graphic design wrap for the car, from this I need you to help vote on the wrap we use.
For more details on the sponsorships and to see the three wrap designs. Please head to NWMOTIV and cast your vote!!!

June 27th, 2010 – Go-Power MotorSports 3” Exhaust
This weekend my good friends at Go-Power Motorsports sent the first batch of goodies for the Project SI, a 3” cat-back exhaust system. Finally we are going to start seeing some power gains with the project thanks to Go-Power. The exhaust was a simple install, couple 14mm bolts and we were ready to rock. (Full install guide to come on NWMotiv). After the exhaust was installed, I couldn’t wait for the first start up of the car to hear it, WOW does this exhaust sound good. Took a few laps around the block to let the ECU feel it out and listen to it. It’s loud enough to sound aggressive under throttle but when just cruising around its quiet.

With the SI putting down 180whp and 128trq stock I was anxious to see what gains we would make by just adding the exhaust system. 185whp and 134trq were the new numbers, so a nice 5whp and 6trq gain. However the midrange should the greatest improvement around 7-8whp and 8-9trq, up top the lack of the intake started to show and brought the end result down. Something is in the works for that, so we can really start to see this car wake up. Big thanks again to the guys over at Go-Power MotorSports for finally helping the project SI see some power gains. Also thanks to Motor Mayhem for letting me hit the dyno late Sunday night!!!!!

Photos/Video

Dyno Sheet:

Out with the old:

In with the new:

Here is the video of the dyno pull w/exhaust: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OJ8N8OpAsk

July 8th, 2010 - Wrap Design Install

This past weekend I drove the Project SI up to Seattle and met up with Graphics By Tex do to a little install of the wrap onto the SI. Little did I know what was about to unfold time wise as we jumped into the wrap. Starting around 2pm on Thursday we started by pulling the mirrors and door handles apart, took a bit to get it going but once we got one door finished the rest moved rather quickly. We started on the driver side and went for it, this was Tex's first full wrap install but he did a great job and had a close eye to the details needed. Well after getting both sides done and rear bumper done we looked at the watch and saw that it was 5:00am, having to be at Formula Drift around 8:00am we called it quits for the day. So the front bumper still needs to be wrapped, but that will start this weekend, other than that the car is looking awesome and was on display at the NOS Energy Drink booth at the Round 4 event of Formula Drift. As the front gets finished I will go out and do a full shoot of the wrap in all its glory!!!

The car parts:

Looks weird with the parts off:

Bumpers pulled:

Wrap being laid onto the car:

Driver side almost done:

Driver side all done:

At the NOS Booth (Formula Drift):

July 24th, 2010 - SRRSCCA NocternoX #3
After having about full month off from our local Autocross events I was ready to get the Project SI back on the track and chasing some cones. July 24th marked this season’s third Snake River SCCA NocternoX event, start at 4pm and race until midnight. These events are starting to become very popular in Boise and pulling a bigger and bigger crowd of spectators each time. Something about the track layout when the sun goes down, the track changes that adds a new challenge to the racing. This would be the Project SI’s first event since the addition of the vehicle wrap and the Go-Power MotorSports exhaust, so needless to say I was really excited to be at this event.

After walking the course I quickly realized this would be a tough event for the Project SI due to the long back stretch would be a handicap for me, but hopefully the front twists would be the equalizer. Getting out on the track it ended up being a bit tighter of a track then it looked like when walking it, however that didn’t stop the SI from getting into 3rd gear on the back stretch. During the first sessions of runs I set the pace for the class having about a .3 second lead on 2nd place, time to work on that. At night the I just couldn’t seem to better the first sessions top time and dropped from first to third place by the end of the day. Trying to not hold my head down I have remind myself the caliber of cars I am running against in the Project SI and having people walk up and say that they are amazed at how fast the SI is helps finish the day on a positive note. When final results were posted I finished in 3rd place (out of 12) for my local class and 32nd (out of 88) in RAW time.

Here are some photos take by Greg Myers

Tuesday August 24th, 2010 - SummerFast Recap               
This last weekend, Aug. 21st-22nd, the Project SI took a trip to Pocatello to race in this year’s “Summer Fast” event at the Pocatello Airport.  This event brings the two Idaho SCCA clubs and the Utah SCCA clubs together for a huge SCCA run off event.   The Pocatello airport was kind enough to let the SCCA clubs run on the tarmac was last time this summer, giving the drivers a few fast and open tracks to drive through.  This would be the Project SI’s first event with the addition of the Go-Power Motorsports race header, so I was really looking forward to seeing the performance gains on the track.   Going into the event I knew this facility would offer a more open track layout giving the SI a tougher task on keeping up with the higher powered cars in the class.    Saturday’s track layout ended up being a bit tighter than it looked but that didn’t stop from hitting the rev limited on the back stretch in 2nd gear.  During the morning session the SI kept up to the pace sitting in 4th place for the class, however once the afternoon sessions started, I was able to set the tone and jump into 2nd place only trailing first by a few tenths.  Great starts to the weekend for the FWD Civic in a very AWD dominate class!!!

Sunday’s layout however was a very open and very fast course where if set up properly out of turns you had 3 different straight-a-ways to run through.   Another twist to the Sunday course would be the flip flop on the start/finish for the two different run sessions, taking the driver’s best time for each session and adding them together for an overall time.  This time the Project SI stepped up to the challenge right out the gate and set the pace for the class in the morning sessions, until Bryant in his Evolution IX edged out the time by 0.030 seconds.   Overall the class was very close in the morning sessions, top 3 being separated by 0.200 seconds in time.  So the afternoon runs were going to be a very close race with the top 3.   After a few re-runs and one minor electrical issue I finally got a time moving into first place, only to have it stolen again by Joey in his Evolution X on his final run.  We are still waiting for official results to be posted but the battle for 1st and 2nd was decided by a close 0.2 seconds.

Here are photos from the event, thanks to Chuck Bissey:

The Go-Power Header Install photos and write will follow here shortly, still need to process the photos.

MULTIMEDIA FROM EVENTS:
March 28th, 2009 Autocross (In Car) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH9OWcS006I
March 28th, 2009 Autocross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juo2TPLgOAQ
March 28th, 2009 Autocross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MomAjaUMR_c
May 31st, 2009 Autocross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc8SqINrwCQ
November 9th, 2009 Autocross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN7EmhWYScE
November 9th, 2009 Autocross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0qYbBnCNrQ
November 9th, 2009 Autocross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKyb6tqlpbg
November 9th, 2009 Autocross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNmHIqO4acU
March 14th, 2010 Autocross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiefs-ke-Ho
March 14th, 2010 Autocross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEr-HHP2Cio
April 18th, 2010 Autocross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILJ65KTu0q4
April 18th, 2010 Autocross (in car) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAHQom7VlUM
May 7th, 2010 Autocross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=459gQNQLzqg
July 24th, 2010 Autocross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_5vKIb2Hsc

Big Thanks to the Following:
Tony/Aaron - Skunk2
Mike - BLOX
Dj - Moda Metals
Gordon - Custom Works
Brian - B.K. Industries
Carl - Tires
Jerab - Dub Lab

I will start to update this daily as new parts come in and as we recap this years racing.

Edited by dvsidboy (08/24/10 09:30 AM)

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#4567489 - 03/05/10 07:24 AM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
mportedcivicsi Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: 757
Nice, looks good. Cant go wrong with some sponsorship!
#4568366 - 03/05/10 11:16 AM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: mportedcivicsi]
dvsidboy Offline

Added some videos from events last year.
#4583979 - 03/11/10 01:04 PM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

Little Update:

March 5th, 2010 - Plug and Play HID Kit Installed: (6000k)

So much room to work with, lol

Had to remove the battery to get easier access

Removing the tires and going from beind the bumper was at bit easier to manage

Dont break it....I kinda wanted to...lol

Here is the difference between HID and Stock (Driver Side=stock)

#4589111 - 03/13/10 05:00 PM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

Another update: raceday tomorrow:

March 13th, 2010 - Star Specs (235/40/17) mounted to stock rims for the time being. Alignment is also been set and the car is ready to rock.

#4592011 - 03/15/10 12:01 PM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

First race recap added
#4594174 - 03/16/10 09:04 AM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

Videos add from first event this year

March 14th, 2010 Autocross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiefs-ke-Ho
March 14th, 2010 Autocross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEr-HHP2Cio

#4602173 - 03/18/10 06:03 PM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

Rims update.
#4606925 - 03/21/10 08:39 AM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
BiGPaPi36 Offline

Loc: Southern Maryland
wow car looks great and thats awesome about the sponsorships wish that could happen for me lol. but great job cant wait to see some more pics

#4637570 - 04/01/10 08:22 PM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

April 1st, 2010: EBC was kind enough to send these to me: EBC Yellow Pads
Rims are getting closer to being finished

Will try to install this weekend: EBC Yellow Pads

#4638641 - 04/02/10 10:18 AM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: ]
dvsidboy Offline

No, I am going to be upgrading the rotors. They just havent come in yet.
#4669222 - 04/14/10 08:34 AM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

April 14th, 2010: MODA Metals Goodies!!! Should have these mounted for the upcoming race this Sunday.
Big props to DJ from MODA Metals and Jereb from Dub Lab.

#4675271 - 04/16/10 09:41 AM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: ]
dvsidboy Offline

April 15th, 2010: Photoshoot with Rims mounted!!!!!!!

#4688260 - 04/22/10 08:50 AM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

April 18th, 2010 - SRRSCCA Autocross event #3
Well it was time again to take the SI out for another race. Once getting the wheels mounted it was time for me to really start to understand the airpressure in teh tires and the affect they would have on the course. Sunday was a great test also, with the temps getting into the 80s I was able to see how the tires held up in the heat. Well they help up just great, my fastest times were in the afternoon runs where the tires could great heat into them. My co-driver for the day also say the same result. It was a great day of racing, with me finishing 4th in our class and my co-driver finishing 5th. Keep in mind that during this event 2nd-7th switched places atleast 20 times. It was really tight racing and a great time. Now to work on getting more power under the SI to keep up with those damn Evolutions walking away in our class.

Here is are some photos from the event thanks to Greg!

Also added some videos so before to check them out in the video area of this post.

MULTIMEDIA FROM EVENTS:
April 18th, 2010 Autocross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILJ65KTu0q4
April 18th, 2010 Autocross (in car) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAHQom7VlUM

#4735819 - 05/11/10 10:26 AM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

May 8th, 2010 - SRRSCCA Autocross event #4
This last weekend marked the 3rd event for the Project SI. Our local SCCA Club held what they call a NocternoX, basically a night autocross. First time doing a event like this so I didn’t know what to expect. I had a friend of mine co-drive also this day, so that I could switch groups and get some snaps in during racing. The first session for us started around 6pm so the track was nice and warm. From walking the track to driving it, the track was a very tight and very technical. This lead for a great day for the SI. After the first session was over I was in 2nd place for the class and my co-driver was in 5th. Great start! Now as the sun set the temps really started to drop off, so I was sure that the times would not get any better. Well this colder temp seemed to wake the SI up just a bit more. I nailed my best time of the day, which still kept me second in the class but moved me in RAW time to 21st out of 92 drivers. My co-driver also bettered his time and jumped into the 4th spot and finished there.

Great weekend overall for the Project SI, car felt smooth and fast. Took a few people for some ride along’s and they couldn’t believe what the car was able to do with simple mods. Big thanks to our sponsors that helped make the SI handle on rails. Shouts out to Tony/Aaron at Skunk2 and Mike over at BLOX. Without their support and parts I would not be writing this.

Here are some snaps: (Be sure to also see the video below)

Edited by dvsidboy (05/11/10 10:29 AM)

#4808461 - 06/09/10 10:50 AM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: ]
dvsidboy Offline

Update:

June 5th & 6th – EISCCA Autocross Event #5/6
This past weekend I took the SI for its first road trip race for the 2010 season. Jerome High School was the location for our next pointed SCCA event hosted by the Eastern Idaho SCCA group. The track layouts here are usually tight and technical and Saturday proved to be just that. The course started on the outside and worked itself back into the middle with three 180 degree turns that would drop me back into first gear. Saturday’s layout however really showed what the SI was capable of doing; the rear end was sliding out just enough in the corners to allow for more speed to be carried through. At the end of the day I took first place in my class and finished in top 25 for RAW time.

Sunday’s track was a bit more open than Saturdays with a drag race start for the most part. This was going to be a huge task for the SI to keep up with some of the competition in the class. If there was one place I could make up time it would be in the turns. The track had a very smooth feel do it, only needing to drop back into first in two locations. So I was able to carry great speed and momentum throughout the course, however I ended up finished in second place (.360 behind first). Even with a second place finish I managed another top 25 for RAW time. This weekend’s events helped push me into 4th place currently for the class, even though only 12 events count, it’s good to have a good set of points going into the second half of the year.
Next event for the SI is going to be this upcoming June 19th as I will race under the lights again in another NocternoX hosted by the Snake River SCCA region.

Here are some photos from Jerome, courtesy of Chuck Bissey:

#4840371 - 06/21/10 11:01 PM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

June 17th, 2010 - Go-Power Motorsports Sponsorship

- "GO Power Motorsports was founded in early 2007 by motorsports enthusiasts who saw an opportunity to bring quality products into the performance market. With over 20 years combined experience, the founders bring a wealth of knowledge to lead this new venture. Utilizing the latest engineering techniques and following strict manufacturing protocols."

Go-Power Motorsports

June 21st, 2010 – Cricket Communications Sponsorship

I am pleased to announce the addition of Cricket Communications to the Project SI. Cricket is going to bring on a new element to our project and help achieve the long term goal of the Civic SI.

Cricket is the pioneer of simple and affordable unlimited wireless services with no long-term commitments or credit checks required serving more than four million customers in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Cricket offers wireless voice and broadband Internet services over the latest technology, high-quality, all-digital 3G wireless network. Cricket’s wireless voice service plans include unlimited anytime minutes, unlimited U.S. long distance, unlimited text and picture messaging, unlimited text to Mexico, unlimited Mobile Web, unlimited directory assistance, as well as a variety of calling features and feature-rich mobile applications such as popular games, ringtones and wallpapers. Cricket Broadband provides unlimited Internet access anywhere within Cricket’s coverage areas at speeds comparable to DSL. For more information on Cricket, visit http://www.mycricket.com. Cricket is offered by Leap Wireless International, Inc., headquartered in San Diego, Calif. For more information on Leap, visit http://www.leapwireless.com.

Also, I am calling on you all for your help… We are in the works of our graphic design wrap for the car, from this I need you to help vote on the wrap we use.
For more details on the sponsorships and to see the three wrap designs. Please head to NWMOTIV and cast your vote!!!

#4840972 - 06/22/10 09:57 AM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

Here the current Wrap Designs we are letting you pick from:
Wrap #1:

Wrap #2:

Wrap #3:

Remember to head to http://www.nwmotiv.com/editors-blog/project-honda-civic-si/ to cast your vote!!!!!!

Voting goes until the end of the month!!

#4849504 - 06/24/10 09:42 PM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

Voting ends soon. Please get your votes in and help us pick the design!!!!

Thanks everyone who has voted already.

#4856124 - 06/28/10 11:22 AM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: ]
dvsidboy Offline

Update:

June 27th, 2010 – Go-Power MotorSports 3” Exhaust
This weekend my good friends at Go-Power Motorsports sent the first batch of goodies for the Project SI, a 3” cat-back exhaust system. Finally we are going to start seeing some power gains with the project thanks to Go-Power. The exhaust was a simple install, couple 14mm bolts and we were ready to rock. (Full install guide to come on NWMotiv). After the exhaust was installed, I couldn’t wait for the first start up of the car to hear it, WOW does this exhaust sound good. Took a few laps around the block to let the ECU feel it out and listen to it. It’s loud enough to sound aggressive under throttle but when just cruising around its quiet.

With the SI putting down 180whp and 128trq stock I was anxious to see what gains we would make by just adding the exhaust system. 185whp and 134trq were the new numbers, so a nice 5whp and 6trq gain. However the midrange should the greatest improvement around 7-8whp and 8-9trq, up top the lack of the intake started to show and brought the end result down. Something is in the works for that, so we can really start to see this car wake up. Big thanks again to the guys over at Go-Power MotorSports for finally helping the project SI see some power gains. Also thanks to Motor Mayhem for letting me hit the dyno late Sunday night!!!!!

Photos/Video

Dyno Sheet:

Out with the old:

In with the new:

Here is the video of the dyno pull w/exhaust: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OJ8N8OpAsk

#4894630 - 07/14/10 08:34 PM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

July 8th, 2010 - Wrap Design Install

This past weekend I drove the Project SI up to Seattle and met up with Graphics By Tex do to a little install of the wrap onto the SI. Little did I know what was about to unfold time wise as we jumped into the wrap. Starting around 2pm on Thursday we started by pulling the mirrors and door handles apart, took a bit to get it going but once we got one door finished the rest moved rather quickly. We started on the driver side and went for it, this was Tex's first full wrap install but he did a great job and had a close eye to the details needed. Well after getting both sides done and rear bumper done we looked at the watch and saw that it was 5:00am, having to be at Formula Drift around 8:00am we called it quits for the day. So the front bumper still needs to be wrapped, but that will start this weekend, other than that the car is looking awesome and was on display at the NOS Energy Drink booth at the Round 4 event of Formula Drift. As the front gets finished I will go out and do a full shoot of the wrap in all its glory!!!

The car parts:

Looks weird with the parts off:

Bumpers pulled:

Wrap being laid onto the car:

Driver side almost done:

Driver side all done:

At the NOS Booth (Formula Drift):

#4895920 - 07/15/10 12:11 PM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
slowpoke Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Tx
Should have left the wheels polished. Not feeling the hood stickers either.
#4924838 - 07/28/10 01:49 PM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: slowpoke]
dvsidboy Offline

July 24th, 2010 - SRRSCCA NocternoX #3
After having about full month off from our local Autocross events I was ready to get the Project SI back on the track and chasing some cones. July 24th marked this season’s third Snake River SCCA NocternoX event, start at 4pm and race until midnight. These events are starting to become very popular in Boise and pulling a bigger and bigger crowd of spectators each time. Something about the track layout when the sun goes down, the track changes that adds a new challenge to the racing. This would be the Project SI’s first event since the addition of the vehicle wrap and the Go-Power MotorSports exhaust, so needless to say I was really excited to be at this event.

After walking the course I quickly realized this would be a tough event for the Project SI due to the long back stretch would be a handicap for me, but hopefully the front twists would be the equalizer. Getting out on the track it ended up being a bit tighter of a track then it looked like when walking it, however that didn’t stop the SI from getting into 3rd gear on the back stretch. During the first sessions of runs I set the pace for the class having about a .3 second lead on 2nd place, time to work on that. At night the I just couldn’t seem to better the first sessions top time and dropped from first to third place by the end of the day. Trying to not hold my head down I have remind myself the caliber of cars I am running against in the Project SI and having people walk up and say that they are amazed at how fast the SI is helps finish the day on a positive note. When final results were posted I finished in 3rd place (out of 12) for my local class and 32nd (out of 88) in RAW time.

Here are some photos take by Greg Myers

#4984104 - 08/24/10 09:33 AM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

Tuesday August 24th, 2010 - SummerFast Recap               
This last weekend, Aug. 21st-22nd, the Project SI took a trip to Pocatello to race in this year’s “Summer Fast” event at the Pocatello Airport.  This event brings the two Idaho SCCA clubs and the Utah SCCA clubs together for a huge SCCA run off event.   The Pocatello airport was kind enough to let the SCCA clubs run on the tarmac was last time this summer, giving the drivers a few fast and open tracks to drive through.  This would be the Project SI’s first event with the addition of the Go-Power Motorsports race header, so I was really looking forward to seeing the performance gains on the track.   Going into the event I knew this facility would offer a more open track layout giving the SI a tougher task on keeping up with the higher powered cars in the class.    Saturday’s track layout ended up being a bit tighter than it looked but that didn’t stop from hitting the rev limited on the back stretch in 2nd gear.  During the morning session the SI kept up to the pace sitting in 4th place for the class, however once the afternoon sessions started, I was able to set the tone and jump into 2nd place only trailing first by a few tenths.  Great starts to the weekend for the FWD Civic in a very AWD dominate class!!!

Sunday’s layout however was a very open and very fast course where if set up properly out of turns you had 3 different straight-a-ways to run through.   Another twist to the Sunday course would be the flip flop on the start/finish for the two different run sessions, taking the driver’s best time for each session and adding them together for an overall time.  This time the Project SI stepped up to the challenge right out the gate and set the pace for the class in the morning sessions, until Bryant in his Evolution IX edged out the time by 0.030 seconds.   Overall the class was very close in the morning sessions, top 3 being separated by 0.200 seconds in time.  So the afternoon runs were going to be a very close race with the top 3.   After a few re-runs and one minor electrical issue I finally got a time moving into first place, only to have it stolen again by Joey in his Evolution X on his final run.  We are still waiting for official results to be posted but the battle for 1st and 2nd was decided by a close 0.2 seconds.

Here are photos from the event, thanks to Chuck Bissey:

The Go-Power Header Install photos and write will follow here shortly, still need to process the photos.

#5407290 - 03/01/11 10:51 PM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

Blog Update (Look back on 2010 and upcoming 2011 season)
http://www.nwmotiv.com/editors-blog/project-si-%E2%80%93-2011-update/

#5412390 - 03/03/11 11:13 PM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

March 3rd, 2011 - XXR 009 Test Fit
For this race season I am jumping tires up to a 245/40 series V-710 R-Comp. To help fit this tire new race rims were a must....couldnt pass up the deal on these XXR 009 rims. 17x9 +35 offset. I knew they would be big for the car and require some speacial treatment to fit, the rear will be fun... Here are some photos, tires will be here tomorrow and mounted shortly after.

#5414250 - 03/04/11 06:35 PM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

March 4th, 2011 - Tires showed up
Well today the R-Comps showed up, looking forward to getting these mounted and start the long fun process of fitment, lol.

#5417030 - 03/06/11 08:23 PM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

March 6th, 2011 - Fender Roll
Today I took the car over to a friend of mine that happened to own a nifty fender rolling tool. After a few hours of magic, he was able to get the fenders to fit the new rims just right. Here are some photos of the process:

Driver Rear

Passenger Rear

Street Tire compared to Race Tire

Fitment

Also picked up the new race numbers and magnet for this year

#5427370 - 03/10/11 09:42 PM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

March 10th, 2011 - Race Mode
Here is the project SI in its race mode. Quick snap in the drive way before the storm moved in again. Still need to work on the rear a bit for fitment, either going to have to raise the car or put a little more camber in the rear.

#5437542 - 03/16/11 12:07 PM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

March 16th, 2011 - Skunk2 Blog Blast
Logged into the Facebook fan page today for Skunk2 and saw this little gem sitting there:

Full Blog can be found here: http://cms.skunk2.com/id/663/Civic-Si-Smashes-EVOs-WRXs/

#5445681 - 03/20/11 09:54 AM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

March 19, 2011 - Race Mode Shoot
With the race season starting in 1 week, I thought I would go do one final photoshoot in "Race Mode"

#5462877 - 03/28/11 03:02 PM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

March 26th and 27th - SRRSCCA Events #1 & #2
Opening weekend was a blast, took a bit to re-learn the car on the new tires.

Saturday Recap
Little upset with the weather for the first event of the season, I was really looking forward to running on the R-Comps but Mother Nature was not a fan. For the first few runs the rear end of the SI was really loose and just wanted to kick out everywhere, so after talking with Alan Densmore (DS Driver) I was able to control the rear of the car a bit more and start working on scrubbing the tires in. After Saturday's results I was ready to sell the rims and tires and go back to a street tire setup, it was a really frustrating day for me to not be able to get the grip on the track I have been wanting all pre-season.

Saturday Results:
-- 3rd Place in SMF
-- 22nd in PAX
-- 22nd in RAW

Here is the video of my fastest run from Saturday's Event:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RlL3v88lbc
(never mind the new slicks at the start, lol)

Sunday Recap
Sunday looked to be a more promising day with the sun out in the morning to help dry the track off, sadly I was in the first run group again so I got a wet track for the morning sessions. This track layout started out very technical and had many off camber sweepers to deal with. The morning sessions I was able to move up to the 3rd place in the class again and was starting to think I would be struggling to run against the Mazda Speed3's in the class. After the lunch break the track was dry and starting to get fast, still working with Alan Densmore on the tires and understanding the different feels of the car in the corner can identify different areas to adjust I was finally able to start knocking some time off. After a minor spinout on the 5th run, I had the challenge set, run a low 43 second run just to jump to 2nd place. On the 6th run I jumped past my goal and ran a 42.817 moving me into the 1st place position of the SMF Class, only problem was, the red Mazda Speed3 still had two more runs. Lucky for me that time was deep enough to hold off the pressure and secure the win for the day.

Sunday Results:
-- 1st Place in SMF
-- 7th Place in PAX
-- 9th Place in RAW

Here is a video of my fastest run from Sunday's Event:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDu_pXLI5ws
(out of car)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdfdReAREQQ
(in car)

Even though it was a roller coaster weekend with the car and handling I am very happy with the setup right now. I still need to work on the power side and get a flash to get some more power in the mid range...

Here are some photos from the Sunday event also. Photos are taken by Greg Myers who runs a awesome automotive blog site: http://sokudonomatsuri.blogspot.com/

Oh and YAY for cold tires and driving a bit to hot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvvNpDMS6t8

#5467523 - 03/30/11 01:07 PM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

Pretty much the same thing I already posted, but so some support and share this on your Facebook \:\)

http://www.nwmotiv.com/editors-blog/project-si-race-12-update/

#5476023 - 04/04/11 11:01 AM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

Little blog update on my trip to the 1/4 mile this weekend.

Note to self...don't race on autocross camber settings and get better tires for drag racing, lol.

Click here for more photos and in car video: http://www.nwmotiv.com/editors-blog/project-si-drag-race-update/

Share, share, share!!!!

#5490957 - 04/11/11 05:02 PM Re: dvsidboy's - Project SI [Re: dvsidboy]
dvsidboy Offline

April 9th and 10th - SRRSCCA Event #3 / #4
This past weekend was the 3rd and 4th event for the Snake River SCCA club, I was able to pull the sweep and win back to back.

Here is a photo from the event:

To read more and see the times and videos: http://www.nwmotiv.com/editors-blog/chris-wold/project-si-race-34-update-clean-sweep/

Share it!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  LovemySi, Honda350, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads