Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#4071957 - 09/13/09 10:57 AM *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside
big tuner Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Fuck do I want to go into the dealership trade my car in for the new 2010 GTi's...would love the new R20's as well. Reminds me so much of the damn scirocco we won't see here in NA.

It's just a face lift really but makes the car look so much more aggressive, especially with the new rear lights.

In stock form...

With some things...

flame away!

#4071992 - 09/13/09 11:14 AM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: big tuner]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
how much are they, and how much r u gonna get for your car?

just do it!!

#4072259 - 09/13/09 01:32 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

No flaming from me. I'm probably going to trade my Si in for a GTI. Basically the same price as an Si, but with way better options, nicer interior, more torque and more space. Sure, they may not be as reliable as a Honda, but they are such a better daily driver and so much nicer inside.

I talked to a salesmen at my local dealer and he said the prices will remain about the same as the current GTI. Two big packages available, leather package and the technology package.

I'll take a 5-door with the tech package thank-you.

#4072352 - 09/13/09 02:18 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: The Postman]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
i like the 4 doors GTI in white with DSG

i am also digging the MKV Jetta Wagon TDI in white...DO WANT for DD

#4073398 - 09/13/09 09:17 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: iamfob]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
love what they used to be, not so much anymore...to bad.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#4073453 - 09/13/09 09:28 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
big tuner Offline
Post Master Supreme

^go back to your fiero!
#4073470 - 09/13/09 09:32 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: The Postman]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
 Originally Posted By: Dumbass
No flaming from me. I'm probably going to trade my Si in for a GTI. Basically the same price as an Si, but with way better options, nicer interior, more torque and more space. Sure, they may not be as reliable as a Honda, but they are such a better daily driver and so much nicer inside.

ur high....basically the same price ...ya 6k more. only better option is hid
nicer interior...hardly.fit n finish is comparable and u get that sweet/gay plaid..i think they are great to but dont make up shit while trying to justify the switch....

way better daily lol wat so much nicer lmao....its not a rolls royce

#4073499 - 09/13/09 09:39 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: Euphoricuck]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
not a big fan of the new styling. what's w/ that big happy face look like the new mazda 3?
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#4073503 - 09/13/09 09:40 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: hyper-s2k]
big tuner Offline
Post Master Supreme

you fuckin honda fanboi's!
#4073524 - 09/13/09 09:46 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: big tuner]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

this one > new one :P

#4073543 - 09/13/09 09:51 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
big tuner Offline
Post Master Supreme

all veedubs are nice!
#4073568 - 09/13/09 09:56 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: big tuner]
big tuner Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: big tuner
all veedubs are nice!

and audi's \:D

#4073590 - 09/13/09 10:00 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: big tuner]
Importspeed Offline
Jr Member

I'm not a fan of the tail lights. The front looks a lot better though. I was considering it but I decided on the 2010 WRX instead.
#4075458 - 09/14/09 12:31 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: Euphoricuck]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
 Originally Posted By: Euphoric
nicer interior...hardly.fit n finish is comparable and u get that sweet/gay plaid..i think they are great to but dont make up shit while trying to justify the switch....

Still defending the Si until death eh? lol

I saw the MKVI's at the shipping yard in Halifax last week, they should be hitting dealer lots soon enough. Let's just hope the GTD makes its way over here to.

#4076599 - 09/14/09 06:11 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: Euphoricuck]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

High? I wish. Ive had an 8th Gen Si since 2006, so I am more then familiar with them.

The GTI starts at just under 28K, so its a bit more then an Si. But, it also comes with HID, power seats, bluetooth, electronic climate control, heated seats, 6 disk CD changer and sports suspension. None of that stuff is included in the Si. The GTI is also available with leather and NAVI/30gb hard drive. All the Si is available with is the overpriced dealer installed body kit, suspension and wheels.

I'd much rather have a German designed interior then the spaceship inspired interior I have now. The plaid seats arent the greatest, but the psuedo suede/alcantera that the Si has is crap. I've had my seat covers replaced once already and they are starting to fade again. The seats arent that confortable on a long drive and the quality of the plastics is just crap. It scratches so easily and creaks and rattles like crazy in the cold.

Its a decent daily driver, but you have to rev the crap out of it to make any power. Its good on gas and has been mostly reliable aside from the issues with the interior. I just drive about 2.5 hours a day in my car and I want something better equipped.

Having had one for a few years now, I just think Honda has slipped in the interior quality and available options compared to their competition.

#4076629 - 09/14/09 06:23 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: The Postman]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
I don't mind the current one. This one is nice to look at. The red trim on the body looks nice.
#4077198 - 09/14/09 09:30 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: A2B-Lexus]
CIVIC dude Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I also had a 2006 SI for 2 years and then gave it up for a GTI as well.

As much as i loved my honda's they lost their touch after the 2000 SiR's.

The GTI is a much nicer ride then my old 06 SI. As mentioned above, the interior is nicer, i have the leather, HID's, OEM navi, heated seats and overall it comes nicely equipped.

Don't miss the the 06 at all.

The GTI:

#4077237 - 09/14/09 09:48 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: CIVIC dude]
big tuner Offline
Post Master Supreme

I thought you traded your wheels for the mesh style ones the GTi's came with?
#4077260 - 09/14/09 09:57 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: The Postman]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

High? I wish. Ive had an 8th Gen Si since 2006, so I am more then familiar with them.

The GTI starts at just under 28K, so its a bit more then an Si. But, it also comes with HID, power seats, bluetooth, electronic climate control, heated seats, 6 disk CD changer and sports suspension. None of that stuff is included in the Si. The GTI is also available with leather and NAVI/30gb hard drive. All the Si is available with is the overpriced dealer installed body kit, suspension and wheels.

I'd much rather have a German designed interior then the spaceship inspired interior I have now. The plaid seats arent the greatest, but the psuedo suede/alcantera that the Si has is crap. I've had my seat covers replaced once already and they are starting to fade again. The seats arent that confortable on a long drive and the quality of the plastics is just crap. It scratches so easily and creaks and rattles like crazy in the cold.

Its a decent daily driver, but you have to rev the crap out of it to make any power. Its good on gas and has been mostly reliable aside from the issues with the interior. I just drive about 2.5 hours a day in my car and I want something better equipped.

Having had one for a few years now, I just think Honda has slipped in the interior quality and available options compared to their competition.

you're on crack

granted the 8th gen hasnt seen any big updates since it came out its a bit behind...interior issues is not a big deal. you got some weird shit going on or you cut your roof off and let it sit in the sun all year long. ....
but ya you are cracked. Go get your vw and preach on about how shit the Si was

#4077263 - 09/14/09 09:57 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: big tuner]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
all veedubs are nice!

and audi's \:D

'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#4077291 - 09/14/09 10:05 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: big tuner]
big tuner Offline
Post Master Supreme

#4077319 - 09/14/09 10:16 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: big tuner]
big tuner Offline
Post Master Supreme

ah wat the hell...

#4077424 - 09/14/09 11:02 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: big tuner]
Alexandre Offline
Wish I could have my old name back
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Euphoric, stfu. The Si is pretty lame compared to the gti. Engine aside, the dub owns it. Better interior, nicer exterior, better equipped...and vw paint/metal > Honda wavy/orange peel stock shit paint.

#4077990 - 09/15/09 08:03 AM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: CIVIC dude]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: CIVIC dude
As mentioned above, the interior is nicer, i have the leather, HID's, OEM navi, heated seats and overall it comes nicely equipped.

um, jsut get a csx type-S then, basically an Si and has all those things (except HID's) and will still come in under the price of a GTI with all those things. =P

i like the si's, but i will agree when i see the interior materials honda uses at times...it does annoy me...and yes honda paint oem isn't the greatest that's for sure lol. the golf's are cool in a way but i still find them to pricey for what the car is, and the car doesn't feel nimble. granted it is a nice car, but i dunno...just doesn't have that same feeling as it used to have (for me). as for reliability...i dunno how the new ones are...but i'd hope they're better than earlier vdubs cause most i know ALL had issues.

#4080194 - 09/15/09 06:08 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: Alexandre]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Alexandre
Euphoric, stfu. The Si is pretty lame compared to the gti. Engine aside, the dub owns it. Better interior, nicer exterior, better equipped...and vw paint/metal > Honda wavy/orange peel stock shit paint.

a fat turd fwd with no lsd is so win...err not.

the dubs interior is hugely over rated. sure in 2000 the gti interior was a big step up. now, hardly at all. ya super awesome-o plaid..
exterior .... subjective. i like the new updates on the golf though.
the only extra thing i think that i wish the Si had was hid's. the rest doesnt mean shit.

ya honda's paint has been super suckage lately too...

anyways, buying a new gti youll be 6k out the door above the Si...

Si was a better performer and still handles better though the gti got a bump in psi/power/engine so its quicker in a straight line now.

#4080431 - 09/15/09 07:08 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: Euphoricuck]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

Dont get me wrong, I love the Si. Nowadays, I spend alot of time in my car and I want something a bit more luxurious and with certain options. The GTI fits the bill IMO. I just think Honda is being outdone by its competition. The GTI, MazdaSpeed3 for example both have more power and better options. Hell, even a 22K Kia Forte Koupe has a pretty nice interior in comparison.

If the Si came with some kind of package that added the same features but not at the CSX Type-S price of 35K, I would consider another one.

I do drive alot, so maybe that can account for some of the wear to the seat, armrest and centre console, but Im not the only person who has complained about it. Honda changed the material of the seats for 09 and its supposed to be much more durable.

Damn, I must be getting old if a cars interior is my biggest concern.

#4080597 - 09/15/09 07:47 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: The Postman]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Problem here right away is that you homo's are comparing a car (Si) that was designed earlier and is obviously not up to par compared to it's newer competition.

That said, the interior in the Civic is fucking hideous and so is that fucking plaid in the GTI. I don't even know which one is worse...well actually I'll take the plaid over that nasty fucking dash in the Civic since I won't be able to see that plaid once I sit.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#4080723 - 09/15/09 08:16 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: Hatorade]
Alexandre Offline
Wish I could have my old name back
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Civic dash/steering wheel/layout/plastic are fucking garbage.

#4080856 - 09/15/09 08:52 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: Alexandre]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

The dash may be very futuristic, but it is very ergonomic in typical Honda fashion. Everything is where you need it and everything functions and feels right. It just scratches, scuffs, creaks and rattles like crazy.

I agree with elmie in the fact that the design is several years old now and not comparable with todays new cars, but they could have atleast updates the interior and options a bit. The interior of my Si is 99% the same as my EX.

Im still waiting on the CRZ before I make a final decision. Even a V6 Accord Coupe is on my list.

#4081000 - 09/15/09 09:28 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: Alexandre]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

any interior scuffs and scratches so dont fool yourself.

sure the dash is futuristic but as mentioned it works and works damn well. spend any time in the seat and youll get it, even if you think its ugly.

rattles? no way does it rattle. unless youve taken it apart and put it back together poorly.
I think ive heard 1 creak in my pops..in the winter.

Honda doesnt update the interior much from the various models. the old SiR was the same dash as the dx of all years.
The 02+ was different because it was a completely different vehicle, but even then it had similarities..as it should . its still the same model of car.
the gti interior is hardly different than a base golf.

Originally Posted By: Alexandre
Civic dash/steering wheel/layout/plastic are fucking garbage.
you are high/never been in any new civic.

I cant wait for your awesome reply too!!

#4081016 - 09/15/09 09:32 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: The Postman]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

The GTI, MazdaSpeed3
they are newer and you WILL pay more for them/those options.

Quote:
If the Si came with some kind of package that added the same features but not at the CSX Type-S price of 35K, I would consider another one.

you wont be far off that price with the gti you want ;\)
granted the new gti is still quicker

Quote:
I do drive alot, so maybe that can account for some of the wear to the seat, armrest and centre console, but Im not the only person who has complained about it. Honda changed the material of the seats for 09 and its supposed to be much more durable.

if you drive that much youll wear down any seat in any car...

Quote:
Damn, I must be getting old if a cars interior is my biggest concern.

ricer!

lol

if interior is really a concern id skip the turd gti also and get something with a real nice interior.

#4081842 - 09/16/09 08:01 AM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: Euphoricuck]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

crz will be cool - i've seen some goods on it already, looks promising but of course will only be a hybrid, though at least it'll have more power than the insight (140hp from what i've read on the net) and look 100x better, probably make a great DD given the mileage and 'useability' of the interior. i guess pics online are pretty accurate...the front looks very audi A3'ish.

http://www.crz-craze.com/forum/index.php?topic=69.0 - and supposedly manual gearbox option too, not just auto...sweet.

as mentioned above...the civic is already back to 06, so it'll be cool to compare the new one coming (improvements coming \:D ) to whatever is out there in terms of competitors.

#4083610 - 09/16/09 02:39 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
kyden Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Providence, RI
the only vws i would ever think of owning are older than 1995. the boxy shape is hot.

a ton of recalls coming soon for mk5 vehicles. turning out to be a POS like the mkiv's....

edit: giant recall coming next month on 1.8t's for the record.
<x> i had a weird dream <x> where i lived in an apartment complex <x> walked down the street, and kyden and a couple other dudes were living in an apartment and ran outside looking for the maintenance people <x> and something about taking a shit in a sealed toilet

#4084285 - 09/16/09 05:23 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: kyden]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

but but but ...it has plaid!!!!

#4084380 - 09/16/09 05:43 PM Re: *Warning* Volkswagen contents inside [Re: Euphoricuck]
big tuner Offline
Post Master Supreme

but but but ...it has plaid!!!!

exactly

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads