Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3941326 - 07/28/09 08:53 PM Need help with my 1/4 mile track drive
KKKyaw Offline

Hi, I have never been on the track before.I have my 00 civic Si back in 2003.It came with AEM air intake,DC header,Catback exhaust.I just change the NGK 10mm spark plug wires and plugs yesterday.Will it be OK on the track with what I got?I always see people burned their tire before their run.How do I do that?Thank you guys.

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#3945275 - 07/30/09 08:18 AM Re: Need help with my 1/4 mile track drive [Re: KKKyaw]
kyden Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Providence, RI
i wouldn't bother with a burnout on street tires. it just makes it slip more.

i don't see why you couldn't go to the track with any properly maintained car.
<x> i had a weird dream <x> where i lived in an apartment complex <x> walked down the street, and kyden and a couple other dudes were living in an apartment and ran outside looking for the maintenance people <x> and something about taking a shit in a sealed toilet

#3947163 - 07/30/09 06:19 PM Re: Need help with my 1/4 mile track drive [Re: kyden]
uberpollo Moderator Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: KCMO
Drive around the water box. Rev it to 4000 rpms and slip the clutch. As soon as you feel the tire grab, give it hell.

#4061811 - 09/09/09 03:37 PM Re: Need help with my 1/4 mile track drive [Re: KKKyaw]
TeamFreshstyles Offline
Poster

Loc: San Diego
Doing a burnout should only be done on drag radials or slicks. Not on street tires. as stated above, drive around the water pit, you don't want your tires wet. I don't suggest the whole reving to 4000rpms though, especially since this is the first time you have been on a track. I believe in one of the other threads, you said your car is a 5spd, so I suggest try different rpm ranges to launch at until you find what is the most comfortable to you, and which makes your car respond the best. And another suggestion, Don't worry about racing the car next to you. If you want to concentrate on your driving skill, let the other car go as soon as the tree goes green. Your time doesnt start till you move forward and trigger the light. then you can pay attention to your shifts more, and your launch.

#4678230 - 04/17/10 10:07 PM Re: Need help with my 1/4 mile track drive [Re: TeamFreshstyles]
KKKyaw Offline

Thank you guys.How much is the drag radials or slicks cost?

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  uberpollo, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads