Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#35807 - 11/22/03 11:54 AM Boost Gurus, Here's my Dilema.
96accordEX Offline
Post Master Sr

So I'm boosting my F22 this winter and haven't yet decided on which route to take with engine/fuel management yet. I want to decide soon so I can finish ordering the parts for my setup.

The shops/tuners have gave me two suggestions:

1. Run a custom FMU, adjustable/programmable msd ignition, missing link map sensor etc etc.

or.

2. Hondata with boost control and have it tuned.

Which would be the best all around method for my application running 7psi? I'm guessing Hondata?

Videos
#35808 - 11/22/03 01:23 PM Re: Boost Gurus, Here's my Dilema.
SlamMan Offline
Poster

Loc: Your Moms House, CO
You guessed right and you won't get anyone here to tell you different.

#35809 - 11/22/03 02:40 PM Re: Boost Gurus, Here's my Dilema.
mookiestl Offline
Post Master

Loc: Under the same rock as Mouse!
at 7 pounds do you really need the missing link?

im gonna run 7 pounds daily and 10 when i need it....

i am confused about the missing link...

#35810 - 11/22/03 03:03 PM Re: Boost Gurus, Here's my Dilema.
00-Si-in-red Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: KZOO!
wont need it

#35811 - 11/22/03 09:26 PM Re: Boost Gurus, Here's my Dilema.
mexicansi Offline

Loc: 818
good guess

AIM rodrigoacota

#35812 - 11/23/03 01:47 PM Re: Boost Gurus, Here's my Dilema.
2000SICoupe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Florida
Hondata. Will give you the reliability you want, the power you want, better gas mileage and room for more power if you want.
#35813 - 11/23/03 01:56 PM Re: Boost Gurus, Here's my Dilema.
MayhemSi Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Hondata! don't even look at the other setup!

00 EBP Si w/boltons -- Sold! 03 Lancer Evolution VIII Distortion: if it's at her place, that's one thing Distortion: but if i drop bombs on her chest and she rolls that shit over on my bed.....there's gonna be a dead hooker on the 6 o'clock news

#35814 - 11/23/03 02:40 PM Re: Boost Gurus, Here's my Dilema.
96accordEX Offline
Post Master Sr

Well.. you guys just made my decision a bit easier. Thanks for the added input.
#35815 - 11/23/03 09:38 PM Re: Boost Gurus, Here's my Dilema.
SiRacer Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
The way i see it, no matter if you want to run 7psi or 20psi, the Hondata will work better than an FMU + BTM type setup anyday. Not only that, the amount of extra gadgets and shit you need to buy just to properly tune a setup such as that adds up to nearly the cost of a Hondata to begin with. To come even remotely close to tuning the car "well" without a Hondata or similar, you will need a digital programmable MSD, preferably the MSD Digital 7 which will run $500ish on its own. This will allow boost timing retard and ignition maps based on needs. Even the MSD 6BTM is half-assed since it is not programmable. Then you'll need the FMU and a means to fine tune fuel, such as a V-AFC which will set you back another $400 or so not including a quality FMU. Then you'll need a Missing Link or similar, another $50 or so. So your roughly at $1000+ so far, and you havent even begun to consider the tuning and how much effort that will take. The Hondata with large injectors and boost features will avoid ALL of the above components, and more, plus it will run significantly better AND with the right hardware (via your local Hondata dealer) it can be "street tuned" to run PERFECT on the street and give you maximum power at the track. You wont even need dyno time if they have access to a wideband O2 and the Romulator. (Basicly the system automaticly makes fine adjustments little by little as the car is driven in different rev bands and vacuum/boost levels until it is "dead on" where it should be. This makes for the best powerband, less fuel useage and much more responsive performance.)

Sure, you can do the Hondata later, but you've dropped an assload of money on parts you no longer need thus you LOST money by waiting, and you had worse performance, perhaps even damaged the engine via improper tuning in the meantime. Do yourself a favor, save more money now and do it right to start with.

#35816 - 11/23/03 10:41 PM Re: Boost Gurus, Here's my Dilema.
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
no question at all.
hondata

#35817 - 11/24/03 03:47 AM Re: Boost Gurus, Here's my Dilema.
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Loc: You Know
What about Zip's SMC??

#35818 - 11/25/03 08:39 PM Re: Boost Gurus, Here's my Dilema.
LagWagonSiR2 Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah, what SIRacer said
#35819 - 11/25/03 08:47 PM Re: Boost Gurus, Here's my Dilema.
JacksonRacingSi Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:

The way i see it, no matter if you want to run 7psi or 20psi, the Hondata will work better than an FMU + BTM type setup anyday. Not only that, the amount of extra gadgets and shit you need to buy just to properly tune a setup such as that adds up to nearly the cost of a Hondata to begin with. To come even remotely close to tuning the car "well" without a Hondata or similar, you will need a digital programmable MSD, preferably the MSD Digital 7 which will run $500ish on its own. This will allow boost timing retard and ignition maps based on needs. Even the MSD 6BTM is half-assed since it is not programmable. Then you'll need the FMU and a means to fine tune fuel, such as a V-AFC which will set you back another $400 or so not including a quality FMU. Then you'll need a Missing Link or similar, another $50 or so. So your roughly at $1000+ so far, and you havent even begun to consider the tuning and how much effort that will take. The Hondata with large injectors and boost features will avoid ALL of the above components, and more, plus it will run significantly better AND with the right hardware (via your local Hondata dealer) it can be "street tuned" to run PERFECT on the street and give you maximum power at the track. You wont even need dyno time if they have access to a wideband O2 and the Romulator. (Basicly the system automaticly makes fine adjustments little by little as the car is driven in different rev bands and vacuum/boost levels until it is "dead on" where it should be. This makes for the best powerband, less fuel useage and much more responsive performance.)

Sure, you can do the Hondata later, but you've dropped an assload of money on parts you no longer need thus you LOST money by waiting, and you had worse performance, perhaps even damaged the engine via improper tuning in the meantime. Do yourself a favor, save more money now and do it right to start with.

Hondata needs to start paying you Jason...even i want to go buy another one, with no car to put it in.

Listen to Jason...he couldn't be more dead on.

#9193189 - 11/21/17 01:20 PM Re: Boost Gurus, Here's my Dilema. [Re: JacksonRacingSi]
mono Offline

thanks for this inforamtion

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  M3Pilot or M3Driver, SiAdam, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads