nice thread guys.
I just did one today.
1. Just cut the yellow/green wire in half. (I wont say where i did mine)
2. Bought some male/female quick disconnects from radio shack
3. Bought a 25amp 12VDC SPST rocker switch from radio shack Rocker
4. Bought some 14 gauge wire from autozone
5. Put a female (or male) quick disconnect on each side of the cut yellow/green wire
6. Put a male (or female) quick disconncet on each of the 2 lines of 14 gauge wire.
7. Plug the 2 lines of the 14 gauge wire to the 2 lines of the yellow/green wire useing the quick disconnects u just put on.
8. Run the 14 gauge wires where u'd like.
9. Put female quick disconncets on the end of the 14 gauge wires
10. Plug the female disconnects to the 2 male ends of the rocker switch.
Done! Just make sure to crimp everything well & use electrical tape. My way is not complex, but it does the job. I have almost no electrical knowledge at all, but I was able to figure it out, so anyone should be able to do it.
The hardest part of this is taking off the interior panneling.