Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3348108 - 01/01/09 09:46 AM Total life of the project
goner Offline

For what it's worth:

Bought a 2000 Si in December of '99 ( this was still in the forum reign of a lot of dudes who aren't here, like Old Si Man, etc), had Oscar Jackson himself (when Jackson Racing was in Westminster, Ca) put a JR supercharger on it, plus electronics, summer of 2001.

Drove it, raced it a bit, walked out on, fought off, even shot at once, a whole bunch of thief assholes, up until a month ago; got T-boned by some old F, was lucky enough to walk away from it (some guy at a gas station across the street told me the old F spun me around twice). In all that time, had head/valve work done once for a burned exhaust valve (probably my fault).

Do I miss it? Sure, a little, it was quick (not fast; I've been in a couple of fast cars; no comparison), overall it stayed put together, and the gas mileage was good. Do I miss the experience of walking out of some place wondering if it's there, and not already gone with some F'd up body kit glued so far out of alignment that it flaps in the wind, painted purple, and carrying the whole village including the two grandmas? Nope. Not a bit. I will never go back to a Honda, ever.

Videos
#3348424 - 01/01/09 01:09 PM Re: Total life of the project [Re: goner]
SiAdam Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: West By God Virginia
Thanks for sharing.

#3352471 - 01/02/09 08:37 PM Re: Total life of the project [Re: SiAdam]
goner Offline

Yeah, sort of a combination of venting and product update \:D
#3365384 - 01/07/09 12:21 AM Re: Total life of the project [Re: goner]
Lost^
Unregistered

Keep us updated

lulz.

#3376672 - 01/10/09 03:21 PM Re: Total life of the project [Re: ]
goner Offline

Can't update any more, it was totaled, and I left the blower on it and walked away, but on the up side I got 12,200 bucks from my insurance company, which isn't too bad considering I paid just under 17 for it, tax and license, like more than 9 years before. I put that money down and a bit more on a C-300 Sport with a stick, and I'm happy. Goes like a six because it IS a six, takes turns better (quicker steering than the SI), has actual bottom end torque unlike the stock B16 that was in the SI (even with the blower you had to scream the SI for any speed). I'm not here to hate on the SI; it was a good little car for the money, and I had fun working on it, but there comes a time you want something else, and when some idiot crashes into you, you seize the moment \:D
#3377618 - 01/10/09 09:52 PM Re: Total life of the project [Re: goner]
SiAdam Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: West By God Virginia
I can't blame ya, but deep down I'll always be a Honda fanboi, hence the move from the Si to the s2k. I'm not sure what I will move onto next, but I'll never forget the Si and all the fun I had in it.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  M3Pilot or M3Driver, SiAdam, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads