Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2738122 - 06/17/08 12:19 PM JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!!
Jehu Offline

Loc: NS, Canada
Ok I have 2000 Civic SiR with JRSC 6psi wit JR map controller, MSD Boost timing retard, AEM wideband O2 with gauge, under hood fuel pressure gauge,and B&M rail fuel pressure reg/adjuster and Walbrow 195 fuel pump.

Please do not just tell me to use engine management due to having 2 people waiting to buy this car as is, as long as it works.

Symptom: When I hit boost it leans right out and I have loose of power. (I let off immediately)

What I have done:
- swapped out the fuel pump for the stock one (no change, had to adjust the fuel pressure on the rail to be right)
- Replaced the JR FMU (no fix and waited a *&%$in' month for the part)
- Checked all Map Controller connections (solid, including ground wire)
- Fuel pressure measured: 37psi with rail regulator vac tube on and 44psi with rail reg tube off.
- Fuel pressure measured at JR FMU: 37psi with the vac tube on and 40psi with tube off.
- When I pinch the fuel return line just after the rail fuel regulator the pressure rises alot depending on how much I pinch

Could this be a faulty Map Controller? ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
AEM Wideband
Engine mount inserts
1step colder plugs

Videos
#2740727 - 06/18/08 06:23 AM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: Jehu]
Jehu Offline

I unwired the Map Controller and wired up the enrichment relay that came with the SC kit originally and the car does the same thing.

Anyone??
AEM Wideband
Engine mount inserts
1step colder plugs

#2741249 - 06/18/08 10:15 AM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: Jehu]
SiAdam Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: West By God Virginia
Hard to tell what the issue is when you have 26 bandaids on the car.

#2741433 - 06/18/08 11:00 AM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: SiAdam]
Jehu Offline

So you are saying instead of replacing one $100 bandaid I should throw $1200.00 worth of engine management at it, hope my problem isn't with any other part of my fuel system just to maybe find out that I still have the problem and then have to spend more money to fix the original problem? I have driven this car with the SC and bandaids for over 100,000km with no problems other then the belt.
AEM Wideband
Engine mount inserts
1step colder plugs

#2741441 - 06/18/08 11:02 AM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: Jehu]
Jehu Offline

... sorry for being rude, I am just frustrated.
AEM Wideband
Engine mount inserts
1step colder plugs

#2741876 - 06/18/08 01:15 PM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: Jehu]
SamuraiSam Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Bellingham, WA
 Originally Posted By: Jehu
So you are saying instead of replacing one $100 bandaid I should throw $1200.00 worth of engine management at it, hope my problem isn't with any other part of my fuel system just to maybe find out that I still have the problem and then have to spend more money to fix the original problem? I have driven this car with the SC and bandaids for over 100,000km with no problems other then the belt.

No, saying to throw $300-400 worth of engine management at it, which would have been cheaper in the first place than buying a bunch of shitty components.

Replace your fuel pump with a 255lph high pressure. 195 is not going to cut it.

Replace the RRFPR with a known good unit.

After you do these, report back.

Edited by SamuraiSam (06/18/08 01:16 PM)

#2743867 - 06/18/08 11:53 PM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: Jehu]
SiAdam Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

... sorry for being rude, I am just frustrated.

No offense taken bro.

I am just saying it's hard to diagnose the problem when you have a bunch of questionable parts..

Sam gave some good advice though.

#2744863 - 06/19/08 10:31 AM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: SiAdam]
Jehu Offline

I have been told that the 195lph fuel pump for 6psi is plenty and that the original fuel pump is also sifficiant. The 195lph has been working good and providing enough fuel for 100,000km. I don't have access to a 255lph pump but I did swap out the 195lph for the stock pump with the same effect... I do know this isn't conclusive due to the stock pump flowing less.

It has a brand new RRFPR and did not fix the problem.

I will see if I can find someone to "lend" me their fuel pump for a test.

Thanks for the replies.
AEM Wideband
Engine mount inserts
1step colder plugs

#2745029 - 06/19/08 10:55 AM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: Jehu]
SamuraiSam Offline
Post Master Sr

If you already know all this shit, why come on a forum and ask for help?

I'd repeat that test with a known good pump.

How's your fuel filter.

What the fuck is a Map Controller.

#2745071 - 06/19/08 11:01 AM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: SamuraiSam]
jcoosi Offline
Sr Member

Loc: TN
Its a bandaid Sam

http://www.supercharger.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=33963

#2745413 - 06/19/08 12:02 PM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: Jehu]
SiAdam Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

I have been told that the 195lph fuel pump for 6psi is plenty and that the original fuel pump is also sifficiant. The 195lph has been working good and providing enough fuel for 100,000km. I don't have access to a 255lph pump but I did swap out the 195lph for the stock pump with the same effect... I do know this isn't conclusive due to the stock pump flowing less.

It has a brand new RRFPR and did not fix the problem.

I will see if I can find someone to "lend" me their fuel pump for a test.

Thanks for the replies.

The problem sounds like a fuel related issue to me.

IF you are 110% the pump is ok, then go down the list.

Fuel plugs/fuel filter/injectors/regulater/etc.

All you can do with your current setup.

#2745976 - 06/19/08 01:51 PM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: jcoosi]
Jehu Offline

I'm asking for help because it is still not working.

Fuel filter is about 1 year old... maybe I should just replace it anyway.

My last option is to remove the SC and all the crap with it and sell them seperate. FUck
AEM Wideband
Engine mount inserts
1step colder plugs

#2745993 - 06/19/08 01:54 PM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: Jehu]
Jehu Offline

Thanks SiAdam,

How would I check the regulator? Is this the check PSI with vac tube on and then check PSI with vac tube off or is this checking something else?

I think I will replace my fuel filter anyway... 1 year old.
AEM Wideband
Engine mount inserts
1step colder plugs

#2746044 - 06/19/08 02:09 PM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: Jehu]
Jehu Offline

With the engine running, I pinch the return line comming from the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail, the pressure rises and will hold steady as long as I am pinching steady. Does this indicate that the fuel filter is ok.. or is this not even a test to see if the filter is flowing?
AEM Wideband
Engine mount inserts
1step colder plugs

#2746497 - 06/19/08 04:06 PM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: Jehu]
Jehu Offline

I replaced the fuel filter with a brand new one, no change. I have the stock exhaust and if the car ever pinged (detination)for any reason I could hear it and adjust my timing... the funny thing is that when I test it and get on the gas, the wideband goes completely lean but the car doesn't detinate. There is a lose of power but not crazy.

Could an upstream exhaust leak cause this?
AEM Wideband
Engine mount inserts
1step colder plugs

#2750416 - 06/20/08 05:57 PM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: Jehu]
SiR Steel Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: West Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm using a stock fuel pump right now with zero problems and I've had the charger for at least 4 years. I do have RC440 injectors, though. Are you running with stock injectors?

#2750645 - 06/20/08 07:07 PM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: SiR Steel]
SamuraiSam Offline
Post Master Sr

You very well might have an issue with the MAP sensor itself, or with the "MAP controller" aka giant piece of shit that fucks up the signal the ECU receives.

I would try switching both of those things out one at a time with known good replacements.

#2753256 - 06/22/08 09:46 AM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: SamuraiSam]
Jehu Offline

thanks

Well when I remove the SC belt the car is doing the same thing, as I get higher (like past 2000rpm) it leans right out and the car doesn't feel strong.

Plug wires maybe?
AEM Wideband
Engine mount inserts
1step colder plugs

#2753638 - 06/22/08 03:17 PM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: Jehu]
jcoosi Offline
Sr Member

Loc: TN
Sounds like a fueling issue or a map sensor or possibly an 02 sensor sending the wrong signal to the ecu
#3117309 - 10/15/08 10:46 PM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: jcoosi]
JRSC2001GSR Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Ontario, Canada
check the hobbs pressure switch on the manifold

#3117767 - 10/16/08 08:21 AM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: JRSC2001GSR]
SiAdam Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: JRSC2001GSR
check the hobbs pressure switch on the manifold

Whats that?

#3279999 - 12/09/08 12:05 AM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: Jehu]
mike4477 Offline

Loc: CA
clogged vacuum line? Loose the B&M regulator, its a POS. use the stock requlator. double check the Map controller. All this sounds like vacuum problems, double check all lines into and out to FMU and Map controller...
#9185068 - 11/13/17 05:15 AM Re: JRSC problems - pulling my hair out!!!!!! [Re: ]
wor Offline

Many tooth doctor are practising in clinics manufactured that will erase during either within the sights, ringtones, and sniffs the fact that provoke worry for phobics. Special physical exercise is widely available to bonus them understand the source causes to your fear, and processes to gently assistance patients utilizing all steps in any procedure. www.fearforhealth.com
Beyond economizing made the hassle, you positive i may enjoy most of the secure mortgages process. To your transactions dating back to on line, you could certainly finance the location renovation that will earn it a less complicated place that will measure. www.hugehomeimprovement.com
Or the way in which keep these matters feel when may very well be take time out to keep watch over that unique match while in the dingy Irish nightclub, when you prefer to be separately trekking? www.travellingdirect.com
Necessary, non-woven garments produced utilizing shopping sacks from essence this is often also standard species for example raw wash cloth polypropylene, also act like the serious bags, environmental take care of and ordinary plastic searching for bags ordinarily may not be completely degraded. www.shoppingprocure.com
This fashion, you observe what there has to be to and likewise there could possibly so high of change over the apparel undertaking that in these days clothes are will no longer manufactured basically from beauty outlook however , consolation together with practicality happen to be likewise specified same necessary. Kids’ amazing wear comes along with come certain distance. www.fashionbecome.com
After that, there are many perks to bring in online motor insurance comparison meant for purchasing any policy. One holdings and liabilities of its many benefits is which always, with the assistance of online motor insurance comparison web-sites, one isn't really getting only a lot of insurance quotes and even getting a way to compare consumers. www.autosera.com
Business analyst jobs happen to be likewise demanded governing departments in addition to non profit-organizations implementing being required running a business and THE SOLUTION organizations and are generally generally at the same time requested holdings and liabilities different company which happens to be certainly gonna perform a dreams successfully in addition to rapidly in due course. www.analystbusiness.com
The reckoned behind most of the DNA is to total countless together with the goal which always patients can look in a more extensive holiday vacation pool for contributing things. "During this period of touring matches fail to run, cycles fizzle www.financedonor.com
This model is offering powerful in addition to impressive is the reason why, which are now used thru researchers for studying most of the function related to genes while in the living family dog animal. www.servicesknockout.com
The newssheets most of look very same, they the entire do most of the samething. Is which always because this tactic is the best or justbecause has it been doesn't easiest which results in nil one comes along with ever viewed otherstrategies? Distinguishing an individual's being circulated from lots of individuals; giving it a great deal more professional test thereby increasingcredibility together with getting stick over the prospects your ideas. www.technologycampaign.com
Consumers should find that individual health-related would turn into cheaper still buying the software on his own for all your family doesn't really make low-priced sense—dependents for a passing fancy plan are going to have lesser investment decision. www.healthoffamily.com
Once you can expect to explore community or find advice within the broker, you transpires to understandthat deals are for sale to you to look for funds as you go of home design 123 loans for bad credit ratings. www.homeimprovementimagine.com
A venturing out children's nurse isn’t the best nurse which always travels right from town to guarantee you metropolis assisting during sick plenty of people. Rather, there are particular companies which always hire health related workers that will be prepared meant for travelling as a result of large a variety of people or perhaps for issues relief products. www.travellingadvise.com
There are unquestionably many blocks people give in to when looking for mentor for that new business venture. Specific settings requiring selected attention happen to be designated we are going to. www.especialshopping.com
People may very well be drawn to each other sexually, despite the fact they know apply to never really enjoy each various. After the younger years, boys in addition to girl commence to cultivate ones own personal sexuality. They often end up consumed by just other plenty of people like almost all classmates, lenses, teacher apart from strangers. www.fashionbehaviors.com
The this is exactly why action is to choose recognise this business is very best - slighter unearthed and more affordable or famed and more effective costly? The complete is the maximum amount every ınsurance policy buyer, but there does exist some opinion in that , observe. www.autovaluable.com
The main factor to maintain in view is the luxury of the supply you with, versus that over the additional, by eye for people fine really hard copy. Some shops supply complimentary or make down service from a certain saying, offer everyone additional holding cd room or space for significantly less, etc. www.developbusinesses.com
Using an organization A LOT OF TIME Management is the reason why involving in addition to accepting most of the HR function which include partner over the implementation in addition to formulation to your organization's projects through legitimate human source of information activities that include hiring, physical exercise, recruiting, in addition to rewarding workman. www.anyfinancialresource.com
Wherein any recycleables accounted for 32. 44%, build for 30. 85 number point any welding system, the program adjustment covered for for 24. 72%, build for 40 bucks. 01% the sum of the several, is the source link. www.technologyaffect.com
Take the hassle and perform due diligence in most of the frozen dinning aisles and as well be amazed included in the bargains that might be. You you ought to find huge bags related to vegetables to be found at great deal values together with sometimes they're just simply as early as $1 the best bag some people choose to can’t professional that. www.followhealthy.com
Impact point in time stuart have to permit light that come in. In place of this ıt's attending even pay attention to the yard, drapes in addition to furniture right from getting costly from suns unhealthy ultraviolet rays that happen to be intense meant for these settings. www.impactofhome.com
The balance estimates 2016-2021 economies resent flavor for Standard Supply Reef vessel (PSV) undertaking. Our propose provides significant and special analysis into the different topics powering Platform Source of information Vessel (PSV) undertaking. www.travelvessel.com
Many qualified prospects have lamented, and different store always gives all allowance for that return. Sanctioned like difficult task to imagine type for shoes have to fit and also direction they can advantages everyone. www.choicetoshop.com
Still, times working experience changed now it's possible you'll see kids’ a wedding dress in most of styles, numerous shades together with combos. Regardless that quite regularly it expensive to invest in designer dress in for use for your little a good, it doesn’t hurt to locate a beautiful outfit for serious periods. www.fashionbehind.com
Obtaining pre-owned auto swimming pool . car car dealership is not having question much more safely, since the device is known it's possible you'll well examine most of the companyýs status and know client former customer reports. www.autosupscale.com
However, for those who suffer within the experience during planning this without having help, more effective open it all. This strategy, you must always affordable creating technique. www.tacticbusiness.com
Even now, the earliest couple far better to generate pre-approved meant for use for your auto loan considering that it lets you determine will need to know be competent and find out what it could possibly required to spend each four weeks upon an individual's used car. www.probleminfinance.com
Technology is continually changing in addition to evolving, but a multitude of businesses can’t afford to keep at it pace together with the latest flavor. There is continually something new yow will discover that companies should purchase to take full advantage of their podiums and modernize him or her. www.allowtechnology.com
Spend a bit to ponder how to answer prospect in either within the above warning signs. Do you can expect to react during in either within the above steps? Do everyone aquire sheltering? Ever endeavor to spell released yourself? By chance become compliant, imparting yourself " up "? Personal guilt means looking for response-ability - the capability to respond in a way that takes enjoying treasure yourself. www.healthcontrolling.com
Some for stuff you ought to repair with one of these loan are really a rooftop, decking, water lines, heating together with cooling, and air conditioner. These are unquestionably costly improvements that a majority of us wouldn't have the monies to employ on several and if we charge house to credit card we are unquestionably throwing money situation away utilizing interest payments. www.improvehomeindeed.com

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  M3Pilot or M3Driver, SiAdam, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads