Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2662596 - 05/22/08 04:18 PM B16a2 Turbo questions
Mattkc Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Olathe, KS
Ok, so I scrapped my original plan of the poor mans type R for my '00 si. Now I am going turbo. I am going to freshen up the motor a tad before I do so. It isn't going to be anything extreme, just a stock motor on 6psi. I am going to do piston rings, rod bearings, rod bolts, head studs, head gasket. What brands are the most trusted?

The list I have so far.

Piston Rings----Total seal
Head studs------Arp
rod bolts-------new stock honda pieces
rod bearings----clevite
head gasket-----???
oil pan gasket--stock replacement from local parts store.

Also I plan on getting the pan tapped for the oil return line. I am going to use and oil sandwich adapter for the feed line. Anything else I am forgetting, or should try and do while doing this? The motor is not coming out of the car for this, it will all be done while in it.

http://www.kcsr.org

Videos
#2662613 - 05/22/08 04:22 PM Re: B16a2 Turbo questions [Re: Mattkc]
mastrcobb Offline
Jr Member

fuck those gay pos total seal rings
get some ARP rod bolts
OEM headgasket
Honda bearings or ACL if your clearances are good.

Edited by mastrcobb (05/22/08 04:23 PM)

#2665466 - 05/23/08 01:15 PM Re: B16a2 Turbo questions [Re: mastrcobb]
Mattkc Offline
Jr Poster

What piston rings should I use then?

#2665817 - 05/23/08 02:42 PM Re: B16a2 Turbo questions [Re: Mattkc]
cua0 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
oem

#2666300 - 05/23/08 05:30 PM Re: B16a2 Turbo questions [Re: cua0]
Mattkc Offline
Jr Poster

Are OEM rings good for a turbo app?

#2666798 - 05/23/08 10:35 PM Re: B16a2 Turbo questions [Re: Mattkc]
SiAdam Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: West By God Virginia
 Originally Posted By: Mattkc
Are OEM rings good for a turbo app?

What I am using.

#2667187 - 05/24/08 05:50 AM Re: B16a2 Turbo questions [Re: SiAdam]
SamuraiSam Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Bellingham, WA
Dude, if you are tearing the motor apart for a reseal and new bearings, throw some freakin forged pistons (and rods if you want to spend the money) in there. The extra cost will be marginal compared to what you're already spending in parts labor and machine work.
#2735790 - 06/16/08 06:38 PM Re: B16a2 Turbo questions [Re: SamuraiSam]
drpoopmanchu Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: ohio
 Originally Posted By: SamuraiSam
Dude, if you are tearing the motor apart for a reseal and new bearings, throw some freakin forged pistons (and rods if you want to spend the money) in there. The extra cost will be marginal compared to what you're already spending in parts labor and machine work.

What he said.....Don't be cheap..... You will wish you would have if you dont.

Edited by drpoopmanchu (06/16/08 06:42 PM)

500 WHP 350 WTQ @ 26psi on E85 tuned by Corey Parish of Slowmotion Motorsports

#3111773 - 10/14/08 01:14 PM Re: B16a2 Turbo questions [Re: drpoopmanchu]
Kebs99Si Offline
Post Master

Loc: San Diego, CA
Or just leave car as is, and save up for an M3 or Evo or such.

Sorry, my car's been in the shop for a month on its... probably 5th rebuild.

Stock Motor JRSC 6psi (I really should have just quit here) \:\)
Shoddy built motor/turbo build courtesy Dr. Charles in Atomic days now closed.
Okay built motor/giant turbo with Import Builders now closed. $15k+
Back to stock motor and smaller turbo through a friend ~ $3.5k
Motor let go, got a rebuilt motor and cleaned up harness (Group5) ~$3.5k
Rings die, valve seals cracked, turbo dies.(Group5) ~4-5k+?

When the turbo died we basically redid the head, and they're yoinking the bottom end out now. Hopefully car stops burning fresh oil.

I think that's about $27k on motor stuff altogether. Yeah. Shoulda bought an M3 \:\)

#3111840 - 10/14/08 01:32 PM Re: B16a2 Turbo questions [Re: Kebs99Si]
SiAdam Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

lol...live and learn.

I had ~5k in the civic making 450whp for over 3+yrs before it was sold.

Only built once, by me, first ever engine build.

#3172307 - 11/03/08 10:06 AM Re: B16a2 Turbo questions [Re: SiAdam]
HybridKOOP Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Total Seals are awful, stay away from them. OEM is fine.

#3247552 - 11/27/08 02:18 PM Re: B16a2 Turbo questions [Re: SiAdam]
SiVicious Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Tampa, FL
 Originally Posted By: SiAdam
lol...live and learn.

Only $5K to make 450 whp in a Civic? That's freakin' impressive, even with all free labor.

#3248070 - 11/27/08 08:02 PM Re: B16a2 Turbo questions [Re: SiVicious]
SiAdam Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: SiVicious
lol...live and learn.

Only $5K to make 450 whp in a Civic? That's freakin' impressive, even with all free labor.

I'm including the cost of my c/f hood and other misc stuff as well.

#3250246 - 11/28/08 06:21 PM Re: B16a2 Turbo questions [Re: SiAdam]
SiVicious Offline
Jr Member

Sheesh. I have more than $5K into my SRT-4, and I'm nowhere near 450 whp... and it's relatively easy to build up the Neon since it's already built for turbo. Heck, I spent $4K just for the Stage 3 turbo kit. Never had the guts or wallet to go turbo when I had the '99 Si.

Did you ever run it in the quarter mile?

#3250528 - 11/28/08 09:05 PM Re: B16a2 Turbo questions [Re: SiVicious]
SiAdam Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: SiVicious

Sheesh. I have more than $5K into my SRT-4, and I'm nowhere near 450 whp... and it's relatively easy to build up the Neon since it's already built for turbo. Heck, I spent $4K just for the Stage 3 turbo kit. Never had the guts or wallet to go turbo when I had the '99 Si.

Did you ever run it in the quarter mile?

I was never able, but when I sold it to my cousin he made it deep into the 11's on a few passes. I still think with some more boost and traction it would have done it.

He made over 500whp on my setup before he tore it down to build it crazy pants.

I just looked for the right parts @ the right prices.

My manifold was $300, my turbo was brand new $500 and so on.

Thats the 2 biggest parts, well that and the Hondata which was $600.

#3251049 - 11/29/08 08:18 AM Re: B16a2 Turbo questions [Re: SiAdam]
SiVicious Offline
Jr Member

Yeah, I figured it had to be deep in the 11's, or close to a 10 second ET with good traction. I should be able to run 12 flat or a high 11 once I re-learn how to drive it with Stage 3. Traction owns me.

Are you going to boost the S2K?

#9185072 - 11/13/17 05:16 AM Re: B16a2 Turbo questions [Re: ]
wor Offline

There happen to be many dangers people fit into when getting a mentor thus to their new online business. Specific zones requiring especial attention are singled out herein. especialshopping.com
People are usually drawn together sexually, regardless that they know they're able to never really love each many other. After teenaged years, boys together with girl set out to develop their own personal sexuality. Some may find themselves drawn to other consumers like your classmates, mates, teacher and strangers. fashionbehaviors.com
The then action could be to choose which company is perfect - slighter diagnosed and much less expensive or famous even more costly? The chance is as many as every coverage buyer, but you'll find some opinion during this observe. autovaluable.com
The key factor to maintain on your mind is as well as the deliver, versus that of each additional, using an eye to your fine create. Some agencies supply zero cost or discount service for that certain timeframe, offer you alot more hosting storage space for significantly less, etc. developbusinesses.com
Within a organization HOUR AND PERHAPS Management would mean involving together with accepting any HR function as a partner during the implementation together with formulation within the organization's systems through our resource activities which include hiring, exercise, recruiting, together with rewarding office staff. anyfinancialresource.com
Wherein any garbage accounted for thirty-two. 44%, management for 26. 85 p . c the welding progression, the list adjustment accounted for twenty-three. 72%, management for 90. 01% the sum of the any three, stands out as the main connection. technologyaffect.com
Take some time and browse in any frozen nutrition aisles and you will be amazed within the bargains that you will find. You should find great bags for vegetables for bargain price tags and sometimes they're just under $1 a good bag also, you can’t combat that. followhealthy.com
Impact eyeport stuart could permit light to come back in. Except for this it should even preserve the gym floor, drapes together with furniture with getting weakened from suns unhealthy ultraviolet rays that will be intense during these zones. impactofhome.com
The file estimates 2016-2021 promote resent traits for Base Supply Fishing boat (PSV) community. Our intent provides full and complete analysis with regards to the different topics regarding Platform Produce Vessel (PSV) community. travelvessel.com
Many people have complained, and the webs store ordinarily gives some sort of allowance thus to their return. It can be a sort of find it difficult to imagine particular shoes could fit and that they will bonus you. choicetoshop.com
Yet, times own changed and after this you can see kids’ apparel in numerous styles, designs and mixtures. Even though you'll find it expensive to shop for designer wear in your little an individual, it doesn’t hurt to invest in a fashionable outfit for occasions. fashionbehind.com
Getting a good pre-owned auto by using a car dealership shall be much even more safely, given that you will examine any companyýs popularity and investigation client reports. autosupscale.com
However, for people with the competency in planning these matters exclusively by yourself, better show it. With this, you could always an inexpensive printing progression. tacticbusiness.com
Nevertheless, it is better to build pre-approved in your auto loan simply because it will let you determine what amount of you is able to afford and know what you could be required to pay month for month on an individual's used automotive. probleminfinance.com
Technology is changing together with evolving, but the majority businesses can’t afford to have pace when using the latest traits. There is something new available that companies should buy to use their solutions and advance them. allowtechnology.com
Take time to think precisely how you be affected by from either of the above manners. Do everyone react in from either of the above strategies? Do you become defensive? On earth do you try going into information yourself? On earth do you become compliant, getting yourself away? Personal job means experiencing response-ability - being able to respond in a manner that takes nurturing care for yourself. healthcontrolling.com
Some of things that you should repair with the sort of loan would definitely be a roof, type of flooring, plumbing, warming up, and air conditioners. These happen to be costly car repairs that a lot of people do don't have enough cash to carry out on all of our and whenever we charge the criminals to a charge card we happen to be throwing revenue away thru interest funds. improvehomeindeed.com
It stands out as the essential for life to better your daily life with go around the world, however at the same time, it is really important to discover a right holiday operator that will help understand an individual's travel hopes and dreams and completely transform your plan into memory. You can discover a portion extremely effective holiday operators during Delhi. travelwhistles.com
To get the cheapest a Resources Analysis for any individual that is certainly havingproblems utilizing paying your bills or anyone that consistantly will pay for their expenditures late. At the same time, if you will have problems organising your expenditures or would love to reduce your creditors, a resources analysis may very well be helpful. budgetshoppings.com
The important thing to bear in mind when choosing dresses for girls is your system type. Guantee that the dress you finally choose is depending on type for body you will have. It is crucial to useful flaws to your body together with body together with frame measurements on your mind when purchasing new dress up. fashionistabased.com
Even which means that, it is likely to be smart to start out shopping for any mechanic appropriately beforehand making sure that is well-prepared to look at any issue. priceyautos.com
Everyone who's got a account with a bank cannot undertake without earning deposits. Money slips happen to be an itemized move which illustrates all revenue, notes, coins together with checks that will be deposited suitable merchant account acquire. depositbusiness.com
Being a good master to your personal finance is not really about that which is in your bank; it's about being able to acquire any skill designed to reveal easy methods to produce different channels for income together with wealth influenced by your experience and working experience. financeestimation.com
It’s quite as important to locate the technology fundamental principles right simply because it is to use a strong money or internet marketing plan. Herein, I produce a touch over the ten systems basics that must be in devote your business to build it functioning in soid pattern. technologyalone.com
Every protection plan differs within the others and so are the insurance deductible amounts, co-pay prices, what together with who it all covers. Deductibles are definitely the amount which the patient must pay off of the own pocket leading to a coverage kicks in. Typical amounts are usually $1, 000 or several thousand dollars. healthinclinic.com
One other common talent is PrimitivismFree Article content, this one will be like a good painting done by just a beginner. They are going to simple paintings by using a good signifying included. catchyhomes.com
A good travelling children's nurse isn’t a good nurse the fact that travels with town that will town being able to help sick consumers. Rather, various companies the fact that hire the medical personnel that can handle travelling utilizing large categories of people or simply for complete distruction relief courses. awesometravelling.com
Bulk TXT Mumbai -- With some time of working experience PRP Products is defined and standard in Mumbai meant for bulk txt provider. Give individuals a name now to build bulk txt service and your dream level. shoppingbulk.com
However, times own changed and after this you can see kids’ apparel in numerous styles, designs and mixtures. Even though you'll find it expensive to shop for designer wear in your little an individual, it doesn’t hurt to invest in a fashionable outfit for occasions. betweenfashion.com
Cars experience loads of usage and even restoring every one will possibly not be effortless. A pro mechanic during transmission motor vehicle mechanic purchase could absolutely have the option to stick to all any maintenance assignments regarding very nearly any vehicle. autosworthy.com

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  M3Pilot or M3Driver, SiAdam, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads