Loc: San Diego, CA
I'm in the process of making this 99 Civic Si bezel. I'm making this bezel so it can be removed and it will fit perfect in the opening of the bezel.
So far it's looking really good and the fitment is perfect.
Below are some pics. I'll post more as I continue. I should be done this weekend with the entire system. Enjoy.
1. I didn't take pics of the beginning steps. For the screen I used a Lilliput 629. I had to cut the bottom part of the screen in order to make it fit. I also had to add to both sides material in order for it to fit nice and snug. Below pics are after filling, sanding, primer, and repeating the process until it was ready.
2. Final coat if primer. I got the urge to do this hours before, but I wanted it to be perfect
3. This is the result after 3 coats of nice flat black paint that has a rubberish finish All I have to do now is install the screen and figure out where I'm going to place the 2 usb ports
4. Ok, this is with the screen complete and installed. The amp and computer are both installed. I placed the power distribution block under the cup holder because it's hidden once the cup holder is installed.
5. Close up of computer and amp. All connections to amp were soldered and shrink tubing was used
6. Everything complete and installed except the seats. Done!