Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2445970 - 03/17/08 01:45 PM Autocross Alignment
dont_triNYC Offline

Loc: NYC
I'm looking for a shop in the New York / Tri State Area that can help me out with an autocross alignment and coilover balancing as I get ready to start autocross for the first time. I spent a good amount of time building my suspension I just need a shop that can help me align and balance out the coilovers. Thanks

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#2447918 - 03/17/08 11:18 PM Re: Autocross Alignment [Re: dont_triNYC]
CivicRacerExR Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Landisville, PA, USA
You can balance out your coilovers by yourself pretty easily. Took me about 1-2 hours. And when I went to get my car corner weighed I was only off by 5lbs cross weight. Just get the fenders within about 1mm of each other and you should be kosher.

Then go to an alignment shop and ask for 0 toe all around.
Buy my Civic parts!

#2448585 - 03/18/08 08:03 AM Re: Autocross Alignment [Re: CivicRacerExR]
dont_triNYC Offline

Thanks I will try this weekend. I noticed one side the passenger side tire is tucked under the fender and the drivers side is about 1.5 inches out. I was like what the F? here are some photos so you can see what I'm talking about.

Passenger Side

Drivers Side

So you see my fustration I wanna get these coilovers balance and a good alignment before I take off these shit tires and throw on the Falken 615's they have been sitting in my livingroom for the past three weeks lol.

Also whould you recommend I stay with the Si's and throw on the rubber on these or use a set of Enkei Rpf-1's I also have. I recall reading that these are great for drift but I haven't heard any good comments about autocross on them?

#2449517 - 03/18/08 12:11 PM Re: Autocross Alignment [Re: dont_triNYC]
AX-NY'06Si Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Southern NY State
CIM Motorsports cimmotorsports.net in Woodbury (Orange County) does race alignment.

What club do you run with? You may want to check the rules if your Enkeis are not identical size. If they are the same size, you will either want to put the Azenis on the lighter set or keep the nicer looking wheels on for your street tires.

#2449889 - 03/18/08 01:36 PM Re: Autocross Alignment [Re: AX-NY'06Si]
dont_triNYC Offline

Originally Posted By: AX-NY'06Si
CIM Motorsports cimmotorsports.net in Woodbury (Orange County) does race alignment.

What club do you run with? You may want to check the rules if your Enkeis are not identical size. If they are the same size, you will either want to put the Azenis on the lighter set or keep the nicer looking wheels on for your street tires.

Hey thanks for the info man I will look these guys up and I'm going to go with the Si's and Falkens. My enkeis are nice but to exspensive to take to autocross. I currently don't run with anyone I'm a noob at the sport and I'm trying to see how and where to go to get in.

#2450125 - 03/18/08 02:43 PM Re: Autocross Alignment [Re: dont_triNYC]
CivicRacerExR Offline
Post Master Sr

I had a 00 Civic Si with Enkei RPF1s 15x7" with 615s and they worked well. I think the 99-00 Civic Si needed a little more rubber to be competitive in STS.

I had my 00 Civic Si down to 2450lbs with 1/4 tank of gas, Koni Yellows, Ground Controls, Comptech Rear sway bar, bushings, Skunk2 front upper control arms, strut bars all around and took 1st in my region couple years in a row. Then I purchased a 1991 Civic Si ready for STS and was about 1.5 seconds faster in that car.

The 00 Civic Si needs about 215-225 wide tires but unfortunately those rub pretty bad unless you get them shaved and get some harder springs. I might try again later down the road once I get my finances back in order. Right now I have a 93 Civic Si and experimenting with this one.

[img]http://render1.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3Axxr%3D0-qpDPfRt7Pf7mrPfrj7t%[/img]

[img]http://render1.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3Axxr%3D0-qpDPfRt7Pf7mrPfrj7t%[/img]

Edited by CivicRacerExR (03/18/08 02:49 PM)
Buy my Civic parts!

#2450795 - 03/18/08 06:02 PM Re: Autocross Alignment [Re: CivicRacerExR]
dont_triNYC Offline

Originally Posted By: CivicRacerExR
I had a 00 Civic Si with Enkei RPF1s 15x7" with 615s and they worked well. I think the 99-00 Civic Si needed a little more rubber to be competitive in STS.

I had my 00 Civic Si down to 2450lbs with 1/4 tank of gas, Koni Yellows, Ground Controls, Comptech Rear sway bar, bushings, Skunk2 front upper control arms, strut bars all around and took 1st in my region couple years in a row. Then I purchased a 1991 Civic Si ready for STS and was about 1.5 seconds faster in that car.

The 00 Civic Si needs about 215-225 wide tires but unfortunately those rub pretty bad unless you get them shaved and get some harder springs. I might try again later down the road once I get my finances back in order. Right now I have a 93 Civic Si and experimenting with this one.

Hey thanks for the info but the photo's didn't work out.

#2451596 - 03/18/08 10:40 PM Re: Autocross Alignment [Re: dont_triNYC]
CivicRacerExR Offline
Post Master Sr

Buy my Civic parts!

#2452843 - 03/19/08 09:56 AM Re: Autocross Alignment [Re: CivicRacerExR]
dont_triNYC Offline

Originally Posted By: CivicRacerExR

Still not working but I get the idea thou. Also what would recommend in auto-X a decent built motor all NA or a turboed motor?

#2453931 - 03/19/08 02:18 PM Re: Autocross Alignment [Re: dont_triNYC]
dont_triNYC Offline

Okay so I spoke to a good friend who is also in to auto-x and he gave me the number to a friend of his who is into auto-x as well who currently drives a 99 EM1 as well as me. He mentioned the more rubber comment as mentioned before in this thread. However, I was given a dial up on a suspension that I could try and I might like. So the coilovers would be taken out inspected and reinstalled by me and I will do the 1mm from fenders as recommended. Then I to ask for Camber -1.8 F -1.4 R and Toe 0 Front and +1/8th Rear.

Any Comments and/or suggestions?

Edited by dont_triNYC (03/19/08 03:20 PM)

#2454118 - 03/19/08 03:00 PM Re: Autocross Alignment [Re: dont_triNYC]
CivicRacerExR Offline
Post Master Sr

Press refresh. It's what I had to do to get them to work.
Buy my Civic parts!

#2454185 - 03/19/08 03:10 PM Re: Autocross Alignment [Re: dont_triNYC]
AX-NY'06Si Offline
Jr Member

What does +1 rear mean. I hope you aren't thinking 1 inch of toe out??? I would imagine that 1/16th to 1/8th of an inch toe out at the rear is what you would be looking for.

#2454970 - 03/19/08 06:08 PM Re: Autocross Alignment [Re: AX-NY'06Si]
dont_triNYC Offline

your right called and confirmed 1/8th rear toe.

#2455816 - 03/19/08 10:04 PM Re: Autocross Alignment [Re: dont_triNYC]
skierd Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Fairbanks, AK
I used to run over 2.5* front, 2.0* rear camber and 0 toe all around. You really want 0 toe, rotation really isn't an issue in my experience with the car (I bought CivicRacerExR's 00 Si).

The biggest issue, as stated above, is getting enough rubber under the car. Remember that in STS you're going to be racing the much lighter EF and EG hatches which can also fit just as much rubber as you can. My last set of tires were 195/50/15 RE-01R's and while great tires, I was definitely under-tired.

#2456730 - 03/20/08 08:19 AM Re: Autocross Alignment [Re: skierd]
dont_triNYC Offline

Originally Posted By: skierd
I used to run over 2.5* front, 2.0* rear camber and 0 toe all around. You really want 0 toe, rotation really isn't an issue in my experience with the car (I bought CivicRacerExR's 00 Si).

The biggest issue, as stated above, is getting enough rubber under the car. Remember that in STS you're going to be racing the much lighter EF and EG hatches which can also fit just as much rubber as you can. My last set of tires were 195/50/15 RE-01R's and while great tires, I was definitely under-tired.

Okay so I found a mint set of Rota GT3's in gold 15x7.5 I will be running Falken 615's and I have a few more adjustments to make like swapping out the 22mm ITR rear sway and installing the 24mm ASR upgrade. Then going for a three point upper shock tower brace from JDMpassword. I might be changing the cams and and if I can get my friend to sell me his ITB's installing this with a new walbro pump and different injectors and a tune. I'm going to need as much low end power as possible. I will have pictures of my rims and tires setup this weekend. I'm also going to CIM Motorsports to get my alignment and corner weight done hope all turns out well.

#2457849 - 03/20/08 02:37 PM Re: Autocross Alignment [Re: dont_triNYC]
AX-NY'06Si Offline
Jr Member

Changing your cams may bump you out of STS. The SCCA guys on this forum would know for sure. In any event, you may want to get a little seat time logged before you modify the car any further than you already have.

#2458506 - 03/20/08 06:34 PM Re: Autocross Alignment [Re: AX-NY'06Si]
dont_triNYC Offline

Originally Posted By: AX-NY'06Si
Changing your cams may bump you out of STS. The SCCA guys on this forum would know for sure. In any event, you may want to get a little seat time logged before you modify the car any further than you already have.

10-4 bro I will try to get some time under my belt and just focus on fine tuning my suspension

#2459099 - 03/20/08 10:06 PM Re: Autocross Alignment [Re: dont_triNYC]
skierd Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Fairbanks, AK
The ITB's alone will put you into Street Prepared, and the cams will put you into street mod. In both cases, you're no longer concerned with street tires but R comps. The three point strut brace isn't legal in either of those, it puts you into a prepared class where you want true slicks.

Here's the SCCA rulebook.
http://scca.com/documents/Solo%20Rules/2008_Solo_Rules_2.pdf

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Runnin@Redline Jr, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads