Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2393412 - 03/03/08 03:01 PM MotorsportsNE 2008 Giants Stadium Autocross Schedule
AX-NY'06Si Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Southern NY State
Motorsports NE is starting its 2008 Autocross Season this Sunday March 8 at Giants Stadium with a test and tune event... weather permitting.

The tentative 2008 schedule is:

* Sunday March 9 - 2008 Season Opener Test and Tune
* Sunday March 16 - Autocross (Palm Sunday)
* Sunday March 23 Autocross (Easter Sunday)
* Sunday March 30 - Autocross
* Sunday April 6 - Autocross
* Friday April 25 - AM Autocross School / PM Autocross
* Friday May 23 - AM Autocross School / PM Autocross
* Friday June 6 - AM Autocross School / PM Autocross
* Sunday June 8 - Autocross
* Friday July 25 - AM Autocross School / PM Autocross
* Friday August 8 - AM Autocross School / PM Autocross
* Friday August 22 - AM Autocross School / PM Autocross
* Friday September 7 - AM Autocross School / PM Autocross
* Friday September 21 - AM Autocross School / PM Autocross
* Friday October 19 - AM Autocross School / PM Autocross

More dates to follow subject to the Giants Football and Metrostar Soccer schedules and possible alternative sites. For more information or to register visit motorsports ne

Edited by AX-NY'06Si (07/28/08 04:16 PM)
Edit Reason: Updated 8-08

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#2670754 - 05/26/08 12:19 PM Re: MotorsportsNE 2008 Giants Stadium Autocross Schedule [Re: AX-NY'06Si]
PurduinaSi Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Westchester, NY
I might make a few of these, however I still don't like racing over in Jersey. I have recently been attending events at Nassau Coliseum out on LI and I've been very happy with how they run events. You should come with sometime!

#2676321 - 05/28/08 10:39 AM Re: MotorsportsNE 2008 Giants Stadium Autocross Schedule [Re: PurduinaSi]
AX-NY'06Si Offline
Jr Member

I might just take you up on that. I am the event chair for MSNE, so I usually spend most of the time setting up, problem solving, dealing with idiots, or covering timing and scoring. I haven't really enjoyed an event in some time. Occasionally I go to an SCCA event in Englishtown. They are always well run. Maybe I will try the Colosseum.

#2677452 - 05/28/08 03:38 PM Re: MotorsportsNE 2008 Giants Stadium Autocross Schedule [Re: AX-NY'06Si]
CivicRacerExR Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Landisville, PA, USA
 Originally Posted By: AX-NY'06Si
I might just take you up on that. I am the event chair for MSNE, so I usually spend most of the time setting up, problem solving, dealing with idiots, or covering timing and scoring. I haven't really enjoyed an event in some time. Occasionally I go to an SCCA event in Englishtown. They are always well run. Maybe I will try the Colosseum.

I was in the same boat when I took over our region as Autocross Chief, Novice Chief, Pre-registration Chief, Registration Chief, and Worker Chief. I just didn't enjoy it anymore - not burnt out, but just dealing with all the issues that surrounded our events. I mean come on people some of these people have been doing this longer than I have been alive but they still need someone to take charge and direct.

This is why I loved attending other regions, so I could just sit back, autocross, and maybe work a station.
Buy my Civic parts!

#2679808 - 05/29/08 10:25 AM Re: MotorsportsNE 2008 Giants Stadium Autocross Schedule [Re: CivicRacerExR]
AX-NY'06Si Offline
Jr Member

I know what you mean about just sitting back, autocrossing and shagging cones for a single heat. We have a large team of extremely knowledgeable and capable people and the event usually runs itself with just a little direction, but I still find myself completely drained by the end of the day. I walked the course for the first time in three years at our last event.

#2684821 - 05/30/08 07:23 PM Re: MotorsportsNE 2008 Giants Stadium Autocross Schedule [Re: AX-NY'06Si]
PurduinaSi Offline
Post Master Sr

Wow, that definitely sucks. Major props to you guys for doing it, because it definitely needs to be done by someone, but I could never deal with that.

The coliseum is fun. I love being able to have people that can ride along. I took my dad out for the first time last week and he co-drove my car, and if it wasn't for him being able to ride along with me, I don't think he would have done as well. I also took my girlfriend once, and she loved it. The next event is in July, but I'll keep you updated if you're truly interested.

#2684985 - 05/30/08 08:59 PM Re: MotorsportsNE 2008 Giants Stadium Autocross Schedule [Re: PurduinaSi]
CivicRacerExR Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Landisville, PA, USA
I was going to try to make it out to the NYR back in 2005 when I had my 91 Civic Si. I made it out to Giant's Stadium with the M Club in 2004 with my 00 Civic Si (I believe) and 2005 with my 91 Civic Si.

Was trying to plan a weekend with family near Jones Beach and while out there attend an autocross but the wife said otherwise \:\)
Buy my Civic parts!

#2690910 - 06/02/08 10:33 AM Re: MotorsportsNE 2008 Giants Stadium Autocross Schedule [Re: CivicRacerExR]
AX-NY'06Si Offline
Jr Member

Originally Posted By: PurduinaSi
The next event is in July, but I'll keep you updated if you're truly interested.

Please do.

Originally Posted By: CivicRacerExR
I made it out to Giant's Stadium with the M Club in 2004 with my 00 Civic Si (I believe) and 2005 with my 91 Civic Si.

Yeah, MotorsportsNE is a merger of the Nasa Northeast Nasa-X program and the M Club. I like to think we merged the best of both worlds, despite some remaining challenges: A mix of high-speed and technical courses with a fair degree of elevation change; typically eight timed runs plus a practice run and parade lap; Nasa-X's more relaxed and friendlier environment; and easy points-based classing structure. I think if there is a downside to MSNE it is the dwindling Sunday Giants Stadium dates, the chunky pavement and a few personality conflicts that just haven't worked themselves out yet.

I'm surprised to hear that NYR is allowing passengers. We don't allow them (except instructors) and we tend to be much more relaxed than SCCA, IMHO.

#2839966 - 07/21/08 02:16 PM Re: MotorsportsNE 2008 Giants Stadium Autocross Schedule [Re: AX-NY'06Si]
PurduinaSi Offline
Post Master Sr

Forgot to update you guys, we had another event yesterday and it was a great success! Lots of fun....

Next one is in 2 weeks, Aug 3. Next one after that is Aug 30. I'll be at both, hopefully I'll see you at one of them!

#2861403 - 07/28/08 04:14 PM Re: MotorsportsNE 2008 Giants Stadium Autocross Schedule [Re: PurduinaSi]
AX-NY'06Si Offline
Jr Member

August 30 is a possibility. Even August 3 (this sunday) may be a go. I just got back from the PDA/Nasa Grand Slam Pocono HPDE. I did friday which was two sessions on the North Course, two sessions on the east course, and two sessions on the south course. What a blast. But now I have to replace the front pads and bleed the brakes again. I edited the MotorsportsNEschedule. We now have an August 8th event and August 22nd event.

#2882151 - 08/04/08 01:20 PM Re: MotorsportsNE 2008 Giants Stadium Autocross Schedule [Re: AX-NY'06Si]
PurduinaSi Offline
Post Master Sr

Nice! How much was the HPDE? Any more anytime soon?

PM me next time you hit up a HPDE or auto-x, maybe I'll tag along. I didn't make it to the auto-x yesterday because all my friends that were supposed to come along bailed out as usual. I need a new auto-x buddy ;\)

#2882576 - 08/04/08 04:04 PM Re: MotorsportsNE 2008 Giants Stadium Autocross Schedule [Re: PurduinaSi]
AX-NY'06Si Offline
Jr Member

I'll drop you a PM if I plan on attending any NYR or NNJR SCCA weekend events. I am running the MSNE event this Friday, but I don't know if I will be driving. I am usually at all the MSNE events.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Runnin@Redline Jr, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads