Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#119360 - 09/13/05 06:45 PM How to Program OEM honda keyless entry remote
civicbooty Offline
Post Master Jr

Just as the topic states, how do you program the OEM keyless entry remote to work on my car, i have extra remotes from when my girl wrecked her civic and now i want to make them work on my civic... thanks
Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#119361 - 09/14/05 02:09 PM Re: How to Program OEM honda keyless entry remote
kyden Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Providence, RI
what year civic?
<x> i had a weird dream <x> where i lived in an apartment complex <x> walked down the street, and kyden and a couple other dudes were living in an apartment and ran outside looking for the maintenance people <x> and something about taking a shit in a sealed toilet

#119362 - 09/14/05 05:43 PM Re: How to Program OEM honda keyless entry remote
Drown411 Offline
Poster

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
When they did mine at the dealer ship it took him like 2 seconds I would just take it in and they will do it for you no charge.

#119363 - 09/16/05 01:12 AM Re: How to Program OEM honda keyless entry remote
civicbooty Offline
Post Master Jr

99 civic
#119364 - 09/17/05 04:03 PM Re: How to Program OEM honda keyless entry remote
silverhx Offline

try this for 1999-2000 honda civics:

Have all remotes for the vehicle on hand. Make sure all the doors and rear hatch/trunk are closed during programming. Only need to use 1 remote to get into program mode but all remotes must be programmed during the same session. Each step must be completed within 5 seconds.
1. Sit in the car with all doors/trunk closed
2. Turn the key to the ON position, marked by “II” on the ignition bezel so the dash lights come on, then within 5 seconds press the “Lock” button on the remote for 1 second or so and release the button.
3. Turn the key to the OFF position, marked by “I” on the ignition bezel – dash lights go off.
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 three more times (A total of 4 times) – each step must be done within 5 seconds of the previous step.
5. Upon the 4th turning of the key to “ON”, press the lock button on one remote, the locks will make a cycling sound (clunk), locks will NOT lock or unlock at this point, they will just make a noise. The system is now in programming mode. Do not turn key off.
6. Within 5 seconds of entering programming mode and within 5 seconds of each other, press the lock button ON EACH remote you are programming, for a second or so and release. This step needs to be completed within 10 seconds. Each time a remote button is pushed, the locks should cycle. Up to 3 remotes can be programmed.
7. Turn ignition completely off and remove the key. Step out of car and close door. The remotes should be programmed and should work. If you have a trunk/hatch release, the button for this feature needs to be held for a few seconds before the trunk/hatch will “pop”.

hope this helps,
silverhx

#119365 - 09/17/05 04:19 PM Re: How to Program OEM honda keyless entry remote
civicbooty Offline
Post Master Jr

thanks i'll give it a try! =)
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  rcurley55, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads