Page 8 of 23 « First<678910>Last »
Topic Options
#10022080 - 03/14/21 10:20 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: loudsubz]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: loudsubz

so what's your take on how this variant spreads faster? is it down to humans again not being as "safe" as they should or is it just that more contagious that even one speck of the virus gets into the airways and you've got it?

So something being considered more contagious is based on at least one of three variables.
1) number of people infected
2) an increase in mode of transmission
3) binds easier to our receptor cells, causing infection.*

For the number it's just a math thing... more people are infected (especially a change in the demographic). Reasons for this are partially explained in the explanation of number 2
For number 2, let's take AIDS and Ebola.

- AIDS is spread through blood borne transmission (whether by injection, contact with microvasculature {like bukkake}). It not droplet, it's not aerosol, nor is it surface. So it isn't considered extremely contagious in the eyes of science even though many people have it.
- Ebola is extremely contagious. A cough, a sneeze, normal breathing, touch surfaces, aerosol (like naturally... doesn't even need the help of aerosol generating medical procedures). You can get it every one of those ways. So it has far more vectors, which makes it logically more contagious.
- There's an asterisk next to 3 because the vector has to exist for the binding to occur. So if you eliminate example 2, then you heavily limit the chances of example 3.

Part of what I wonder about the new variant is that younger people are vaccinated yet, and younger people tend to be the ones now who are out and about and not really following the rules. The other thing is those young people don't wash their hands much either... and that's basic hygiene.
In the end, I don't know why B117 is spreading more... but for a fact it isn't more contagious from the perspective of the Ebola example.

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
My doctor told me the new variant is way more contagious (not sure on details) and it's more prone to get young people. I have a friend who go it, the whole family ended up getting it but their parents who watch their three kids didn't. It's pretty crazy, everyone was down for 5 days (some worse than others) and then recovered. On your covid test they tell you the variant you get apparently.

Every new variant case that I've dealt with has been younger. Not young young... but like... 30s.

You know what bothers me though, is that when I go to these homes, they're all commingling and shit.
That's not a shot at your friends Vas, it's more just what I've seen on calls I go to where I was contacted later about new variant positivity.

In the end, whatever makes you most comfortable is what matters most.
As an example, I wear all my shit right? And I'm standing in an abnormally small elevator with a covid + patient. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't my thought process: "shit man... if there's even the slightest breach in my PPE, I'm fucked" and I held my breath the entire ride down

#10022599 - 03/15/21 05:50 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
 Originally Posted By: 355-Si

In the end, whatever makes you most comfortable is what matters most.
As an example, I wear all my shit right? And I'm standing in an abnormally small elevator with a covid + patient. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't my thought process: "shit man... if there's even the slightest breach in my PPE, I'm fucked" and I held my breath the entire ride down

Similar thoughts go through my head when I'm working in a condo or apartment building. I try to take the stairs but sometimes I have to use the elevator and pray nobody else joins

#10024429 - 03/18/21 05:17 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: loudsubz]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

has anyone considered that this may be the new norm, meaning a "shot" every fall to deal with more and more strains? This doesn't seem like a vacinne they are giving out now as all the mentions are of it lessening symptoms but not preventing you 100% from getting it or spreading it per se.
#10024927 - 03/19/21 12:39 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: loudsubz]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
Yes most likely because we can't seem to eraticate it. People are already getting lax because they think oh, we have a vaccine now we are okay. Which is why cases are going up. Mind you at the rate we are vaccinating at and the fact that we need like 70% for immunity and some people don't want these shit vaccines. I don't see us getting out of this before summer as everyone is trying to push for. Also I read there are going to be 8 new vaccines coming out that are suppose to be better and some don't even require and injection. These have not been approved yet but yah I'll wait for the good ones. Even my parents don't want the AZ. One day it's not for ppl over 65 and the next day the rest of the world is throwing them out and we then decide it's fine for ppl over 65? Um yeah no thanks.
#10025361 - 03/20/21 07:18 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
 Originally Posted By: BroKe
Yes most likely because we can't seem to eraticate it. People are already getting lax because they think oh, we have a vaccine now we are okay. Which is why cases are going up. Mind you at the rate we are vaccinating at and the fact that we need like 70% for immunity and some people don't want these shit vaccines. I don't see us getting out of this before summer as everyone is trying to push for. Also I read there are going to be 8 new vaccines coming out that are suppose to be better and some don't even require and injection. These have not been approved yet but yah I'll wait for the good ones. Even my parents don't want the AZ. One day it's not for ppl over 65 and the next day the rest of the world is throwing them out and we then decide it's fine for ppl over 65? Um yeah no thanks.

agreed with this. The up and down nature of the AZ one is scary to me. My uncle got AZ last week. He's been fine, was super tired for 2 days after getting it but fine now. Blood clots are silent killers though. I wouldn't get that one for myself when it becomes available to me.

#10025699 - 03/22/21 01:39 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Raocorp]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Here comes the wave of family members calling 911 for their elders who just received the vaccine.

#10025863 - 03/22/21 10:32 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
As in ... side effects on the elderly who've gotten a shot?

Here comes the wave of family members calling 911 for their elders who just received the vaccine.

#10026116 - 03/22/21 03:29 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Is this a prediction or are you already seeing/experiencing it?

#10026379 - 03/23/21 05:55 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Wife's aunt and uncle went to get their first dose of the vaccine yesterday...they were told the 2nd dose would be July.

What a mess, pretty sure they have to be back to back or they lose their efficacy.

#10026456 - 03/23/21 08:56 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO

Is this a prediction or are you already seeing/experiencing it?

It’s what we’re seeing.
Call details are often “just received covid vaccine yesterday... feeling unwell.”
And they’re all the 80+ range.

#10027203 - 03/24/21 09:29 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Parents tried to book a vaccine appointment yesterday. The website is garbage. It doesn't show which slots are taken or available unless you click on each date and time. So you have to click on every date and time until you find an open slot. After that they make you book the second dose appointment at the same time. Except there were no appointments available for the second dose, so they couldnt even continue to get the first dose booked. Website doesn't let you. They tried calling the number and it doesn't work. Then this morning they called another number and was told there are no more vaccines that's why the site doesnt work and to keep trying. But wouldn't tell them when they will be able to book again. Keep trying? Foh.
I've been saying this my whole life. Canada is fucking backwards. Can't fuckin get anything right. Complete shitshow. I bet you they are gonna try and push AZ vacc now cause that's all we can get. Fuck off. No one in my family is taking that shit period.

#10027214 - 03/24/21 09:59 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/23/world/europe/eu-curbs-vaccine-exports.html

Quote:
E.U. Will Curb Covid Vaccine Exports for 6 Weeks
The European Union presented new emergency rules that will most likely severely cut exports to Britain and other countries to ease supply shortages at home.

BRUSSELS — The European Union is advancing emergency legislation that will give it broad powers to curb exports for the next six weeks of Covid-19 vaccines manufactured in the bloc, a sharp escalation in its response to supply shortages at home that have created a political maelstrom amid a rising third wave on the continent.

The legislation unveiled Wednesday includes new rules that will make it harder for pharmaceutical companies producing Covid-19 vaccines in the European Union to export them and are likely to disrupt supply to Britain.

The European Union has been primarily at loggerheads with AstraZeneca since it drastically cut its supply to the bloc, citing production problems in January, and the company is the main target of the new rules. But the legislation, which could block the export of millions of doses from E.U. ports, could also affect the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.

Britain is by far the biggest beneficiary of E.U. exports and will stand to lose the most by these rules, but they could also be applied to curb exports to other countries like Canada, for example, the second-largest recipient of E.U.-made vaccines, as well as Israel, which gets doses from the bloc but is very advanced in its vaccination campaign and therefore seen as less needy.

“We are in the crisis of the century. And I’m not ruling out anything for now, because we have to make sure that Europeans are vaccinated as soon as possible,” Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Commission, said in comments last week that paved the way for the new rules. “Human lives, civil liberties and also the prosperity of our economy are dependent on that, on the speed of vaccination, on moving forward.”

The legislation is unlikely to affect the United States, which has so far received fewer than one million doses from E.U.-based facilities.

The Biden administration has said it has secured enough doses from its three authorized manufacturers — Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson — to cover all adults in the country by the end of May. The overwhelming bulk of that supply is coming from plants in the United States. The country also exports vaccine components to the European Union, which is reluctant to risk any disruption to the supply chain of raw materials.

The European Union allowed pharmaceutical companies to fulfill their contracts by authorizing them to export more than 40 million vaccine doses to 33 countries between February and mid-March, with 10 million going to Britain and 4.3 million to Canada. The bloc has kept about 70 million at home and distributed them to its 27 member nations, but its efforts to mount mass vaccination campaigns have been set back by a number of missteps.

Exporting liberally overseas when supply at home is thin has been a key part of the problem, and the bloc has come under criticism for permitting exports in the first place, when the United States and Britain practically locked up domestic production for domestic use through contracts with pharmaceutical companies.

The outcome has been a troubled vaccine rollout for the world’s richest group of nations. The impact of the failures is being exacerbated by a third wave that is sending health care systems across the continent into emergency mode and ushering in painful new lockdowns.

not sure if it affects canada's "contracts"

#10027233 - 03/24/21 10:38 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: zaius]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

I think I heard Canada doesn't give a fuck and are still taking them. Most likely because we don't have enough vaccines so they taking anything they can get like a third world country. They are in a rush to open back cause rich people want their summer. My guess is they will stop giving second doses all together.
#10027258 - 03/24/21 11:22 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: BroKe
I think I heard Canada doesn't give a fuck and are still taking them. Most likely because we don't have enough vaccines so they taking anything they can get like a third world country. They are in a rush to open back cause rich people want their summer. My guess is they will stop giving second doses all together.

I highly doubt they will stop giving second doses altogether. Although I would be surprised if they do end up stopping giving the second doses.

#10027402 - 03/24/21 02:17 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: c2k]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Well, they've already delayed them from 2 weeks to 4 months lol

Edit: just heard Canada is the only country to do 4 month in between doses.

Edited by BroKe (03/25/21 03:43 PM)

#10028560 - 03/26/21 08:27 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

I don't understand why we can't make our own stuff. This country needs to be more independent for shit like this. Last year it was the 3M masks begging US to ship and now it's vaccines. I understand there is cost involved but are there no labs in the country that could replicate the vaccine and at the very least make enough for your own people?

Like have the government temporarily take over the big ass EMPTY Eli Lilly facility off Danforth Rd and ramp it up to produce our own supply.

#10028568 - 03/26/21 08:50 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Big Tasty]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Big Tasty
I don't understand why we can't make our own stuff. This country needs to be more independent for shit like this. Last year it was the 3M masks begging US to ship and now it's vaccines. I understand there is cost involved but are there no labs in the country that could replicate the vaccine and at the very least make enough for your own people?

Like have the government temporarily take over the big ass EMPTY Eli Lilly facility off Danforth Rd and ramp it up to produce our own supply.

MCGA \:\)

seriously, the bafoon is too busy making friends with other countries and sending our stuff there, and asking politely if we can get stuff in return, when that doesn't happen he just says "ok thats fine"

what a pussy

#10029590 - 03/28/21 01:06 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: loudsubz]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Last night, I had a guy breathing once a second, with oxygen saturation level of 50%, a heart rate of 135 at rest and a fever of 38.9°C.

Guess what he likely has?

#10029686 - 03/28/21 01:03 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
PS5?

#10032194 - 04/01/21 08:40 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
trudeau just went full nazi on us. motherfuck. sure gov did an 'ok' job handling covid last year. but holy shit ONT and Fed gove have gone full retard now....just disgusting. they fail on all fronts now with handling, vaccine and allowing flights in and all this shit...yet we suffer. fuck off.

and yes i know, sadly it is people themselves getting sick who don't listen and fuck it up for the rest of us as well. but by this point lockdown and more nazi rules is not gonna help shit!

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#10032262 - 04/01/21 09:53 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Not gonna believe any "sources" until officially announced.

#10032272 - 04/01/21 10:00 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

It is from his office official account man. Twitter even and all.

#10032278 - 04/01/21 10:06 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Ah...I've seeing rumors since last night.

Shopping People will be out full forces today.

#10032582 - 04/01/21 01:50 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

they just interviewed this girl downtown about the new lockdown. she's like " i'm okay with it. they gotta do, what they gotta do to be safe. kinda mad cause i wanna get my nails done, which is what i'm doing right now. trying to squeeze everything in before that happens. whatever we need to do to be safe i'm okay with."
no wonder, we are where we are.

#10032653 - 04/01/21 03:05 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Retailers will be still open at lower capacity.
So this shut down wouldn't make any difference for me.
When it was a curb side only, it felt like a long drag.
But I am good with this shut down.

Ive been cutting my own hair and don't want to eat-in anyway.

#10032747 - 04/01/21 05:14 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

What a cluster fuck we live.
#10032748 - 04/01/21 05:15 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: porschetr
Retailers will be still open at lower capacity.
So this shut down wouldn't make any difference for me.
When it was a curb side only, it felt like a long drag.
But I am good with this shut down.

Ive been cutting my own hair and don't want to eat-in anyway.

What if they took you viddy games?

#10032941 - 04/02/21 08:46 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

#10032944 - 04/02/21 08:48 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Last night, I had a guy breathing once a second, with oxygen saturation level of 50%, a heart rate of 135 at rest and a fever of 38.9°C.

Guess what he likely has?

with all this talk about younger patients ending up in the ICU...is it that this new strain is targeting that generation more aggressively or the fact that many young people just don't give a %$#$ anymore and are breaking the "rules" and exposing themselves to it, whereas last year many were scared and kept to themselves.

#10032956 - 04/02/21 09:05 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: loudsubz]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

They just better hope the virus doesn't mutate to where the vaccines won't work on it because it looks like they are solely relying on vaccines that we current don't have enough of. Which aren't even fully proven to work on newer agressive varients. It's a race.
#10033147 - 04/02/21 12:44 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Just wait until the warm weather is more consistent. we'll be approaching the five digit daily count.

I'm concerned now with being forced back into the office. I don't want to go back. Not commuting is great, and my home I.T. setup is better than my office one too. I'm dreading being sent back.

#10033729 - 04/03/21 02:51 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Raocorp]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

drove past vaughan mills today like 1pm...raaaammmmmmmeeeeeed. not super super full lot like usual but def 75% and was not 'half cap' or whatever the fuck the rule is. cause they're really going to monitor cust numbers in/out of that place

but "muh shutdownz"

#10033798 - 04/03/21 08:43 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Today... 3 covid calls among all the other calls we did.
One of those was an entire family of positives. We didn’t take anyone. Cancelled them off.

While at one Hospital, another free wheeled by on their way OUT of the EMRG with a patient.
Young. Covid positive. Intubated. Sedated. And on levophed.
The reason they’re leaving the hospital with this patient is because there’s no room left in the ICU for them so they have to go to a hospital that does.

Unfortunately, SHN (centenary, grace and general) are all over capacity, sunnybrook is over capacity, Humber is full.
Over capacity means the ICU is full and there are ICU patients receiving ICU care in the EMRG.

The mobile hospital at Sunnybrook is now accepting applications to staff it ...

That’s not a good time.

#10033821 - 04/03/21 10:20 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
Sounds like a great time to just stay the fxxk home more than ever.
#10033847 - 04/04/21 05:32 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Today... 3 covid calls among all the other calls we did.
One of those was an entire family of positives. We didn’t take anyone. Cancelled them off.

While at one Hospital, another free wheeled by on their way OUT of the EMRG with a patient.
Young. Covid positive. Intubated. Sedated. And on levophed.
The reason they’re leaving the hospital with this patient is because there’s no room left in the ICU for them so they have to go to a hospital that does.

Unfortunately, SHN (centenary, grace and general) are all over capacity, sunnybrook is over capacity, Humber is full.
Over capacity means the ICU is full and there are ICU patients receiving ICU care in the EMRG.

The mobile hospital at Sunnybrook is now accepting applications to staff it ...

That’s not a good time.

Good intel, that's crazy.

I had to take my one daughter to get covid tested a week and a half ago at North York general, place was dead. Literally no one at the testing place, we were the only ones.

We are effectively a third world country, if the government could've vaccinated us at the rate the US is (more than half the population) we'd be pretty much on our way to reopen in a month.

Page 8 of 23 « First<678910>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads