Page 5 of 23 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#9987328 - 01/13/21 10:51 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: titty sprinkles]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
We so f'ing lucked out with my MIL able to help us with my ~2 yr old daughter ... I'm WFH, wife is at the 'office' ...

Daughter will sometimes bust open the office door and fuck up a Zoom meeting ... I'm prob one of the only people I know at my work that has my daughter on my lap for a few moments at a time ... (I'll be on mute but video on.)

#9987446 - 01/14/21 09:13 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

In the event you didn't get the memo...

Edited by furball (01/14/21 09:13 AM)

#9987522 - 01/14/21 10:51 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
lol was watching the news this morning and Cam Wooley or whatever his name iswas basically defending the police saying they won't be enforcing shit. so dunno what the whole point of announcing a stay at home order is when you have a city full of people who think covid is the flu still and won't get charged or checked.
they need to go after all the businesses with heavy fines for making people come into the office.
still waiting for real lock down. you know. where shit is actually closed.
also seeing people with dogs use that as an excuse to meet up with people at the park with their dogs. some people really just need a swift kick to the back of the head.

also, could be wrong about this but i feel like with everything going on there is a slight correlation between white privilege and covid drag out. but maybe i'm just watching too many news protests about their "rights and freedoms"

Edited by BroKe (01/14/21 10:55 AM)

#9987532 - 01/14/21 11:08 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Traffic a little lighter today.

Still don't think anything changed.

#9987534 - 01/14/21 11:15 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
f22b-dohc Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: canadia
i thought this shit was funny:

Husband on leash breached Quebec's Covid curfew

A couple in Canada have been fined for breaking Covid curfew rules after the woman was caught "walking" her husband on a leash, according to local media.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55631198

Edited by f22b-dohc (01/14/21 11:16 AM)

#9987535 - 01/14/21 11:20 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: c2k]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: c2k

has any of your co-workers refused to get vaccinated?

There are a few who don't want it.
I myself had my own concerns about it, but after a couple of weeks of research and learning, I decided to get it.

My wife said "not right now" when she got her first call, but after a week and a half, she decided to get it.

I woke up pretty groggy this morning. Apparently that's not uncommon. If it weren't for online school with the kids I probably would have been unconscious til 3pm lol.
Feel good now after espresso and getting outside for a bit.

#9987540 - 01/14/21 11:25 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
Traffic a little lighter today.

Still don't think anything changed.

No, absolutely nothing has changed with regards to that.

#9987562 - 01/14/21 11:54 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
So we have a stay at home ordinance with no big change to the norm. Quebec has a curfew but kids are back in schools as of Jan 11th. This will drag on until the summer when everyone will just say fuck it and be out all over again.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/opinion-queb...grade-1.5262284

#9987579 - 01/14/21 12:13 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
soooo can we talk about our kids situation, what's everyone doing to keep kids occupied?

Big one is in Gr. 9 - she's been 1/2 virtual since Sept. (only goes to school for 2.5 hr. every other day) - so taking those 2.5 hr. at home doesn't make much of a difference.

Little guy is in Gr. 1 - he requires monitoring; before when he was in school; teacher says he has problems keeping up and not finishing assignments (these days they have this no homework concept -- go figured) - so our agreement is to send anything not finished home and we will help him catch up.

Online learning has been tough - teacher doesn't force mute all (only does it occasionally) so when she gives verbal instructions, other kids interrupt; my kid lose interest and space out. He'd miss key verbal instructions so either of us (mostly me) would have to walk him through the worksheets (in parallel to doing my own shit). On days we're both in meetings all day he's fucked.

He's the type that will just shut down if he's stuck on a word that he can't spell (even though we said to try to sound it out and we don't care for spelling mistakes) - he doesn't have the trial and error mindset.

The only upside to virtual learning is that we can see when he falters and make him catch up on the spot (I will make him cut into his lunch hr. to get caught up) -- rather than having to plow through a whole day's work at night.
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#9987580 - 01/14/21 12:13 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Wife is STILL feeling a bit like shit today, and she got vaccine dose 1 on Sunday afternoon.

She had a slight fever on Tues, I went into lockdown/disinfection/full-mask-locked-doors-food-at-door mode on her ass .... She took a covid test yesterday, but confirmed with OccHealth at her office she can head into work today

Originally Posted By: 355-Si
I woke up pretty groggy this morning. Apparently that's not uncommon.

#9987590 - 01/14/21 12:27 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Yeah a buddy from work (who even had COVID 2 months ago) spiked a fever the day after the vaccine.
He was told he can't come back to work for 10 days.

We know it's a side effect to the vaccine (as is often the case with most vaccines) but they're being ultra ultra cautious.

This guy can't get a break lol.
No test required though.

#9987813 - 01/14/21 04:31 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: BroKe

also seeing people with dogs use that as an excuse to meet up with people at the park with their dogs. some people really just need a swift kick to the back of the head.

Yea all kinds of people on work calls this week we're like "I'm glad I have a dog" and "how quickly can I get a dog?"

#9987821 - 01/14/21 04:39 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Cee_mon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Barrie, Ontario
Deleted

Edited by Cee_mon (01/14/21 05:53 PM)

#9987868 - 01/14/21 05:21 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
lol was watching the news this morning and Cam Wooley or whatever his name iswas basically defending the police saying they won't be enforcing shit. so dunno what the whole point of announcing a stay at home order is when you have a city full of people who think covid is the flu still and won't get charged or checked.
they need to go after all the businesses with heavy fines for making people come into the office.
still waiting for real lock down. you know. where shit is actually closed.

also, could be wrong about this but i feel like with everything going on there is a slight correlation between white privilege and covid drag out. but maybe i'm just watching too many news protests about their "rights and freedoms"

part of the problem too is way to many "essential" workers to be honest. I get it, there always needs to be service techs fixing actual emergencies, but many companies are resting on their status of "essential" to basically keep doing what they are doing.

I feel for them though, because they don't want to lay off their employees because when it starts to get better again they may not get them back.

It's easy when you work from home because not much has changed other than the view out your window, but people who rely on going to a brick and morter every day are the ones who may not get through this.

#9987903 - 01/14/21 05:46 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: loudsubz]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

My mother in-law's conversation with her daughter who has been in the covid clinic since March:

MIL: "I'll try and catch the (Leafs) game over at a friend's house. It's only 10 minutes away and I have a letter from the company stating that I am an essential service."
Wife: "You're not an essential service to go to someone's house!!!"

footnote: She is not essential. She is a fucking front-of-house secretary at an industrial company. A one-armed monkey with end-stage AIDS and Polio could do her job.

#9987910 - 01/14/21 05:52 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

nope, BANG ON!

I'm as white as they get and it's kind of embarrassing. Driving through oakville today I still saw the regular middle aged ladies walking together (oh they had their masks on so they were fine )

They probably have big CEO husbands and think if they need health care they will be bumped to the front of the line lol

#9987911 - 01/14/21 05:53 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

My mother in-law's conversation with her daughter who has been in the covid clinic since March:

MIL: "I'll try and catch the (Leafs) game over at a friend's house. It's only 10 minutes away and I have a letter from the company stating that I am an essential service."

footnote: She is not essential. She is a fucking front-of-house secretary at an industrial company. A one-armed monkey with end-stage AIDS and Polio could do her job.

ohhhh those ones...lol nope sorry you are NOT essential

The guys going out int he trucks, into peoples homes risking their health everyday ARE the ones, not some lady behind plexi glass taking orders hahah

#9987946 - 01/14/21 07:01 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: loudsubz]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Wifes ER is getting swamped by people wanting to get tested who dont want to wait for an appointment to get tested. They have 5 Nurses now off with it. And unlike most emergency services, they dont get paid if they are off due to the vid.
#9988007 - 01/14/21 10:04 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: The Postman]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
grandma still looks after my almost 3 year old 5 days a week. We send her back to her home on the weekend. Old school care giver styles but free is free.

My daughter knows to come into the office for stuff while we are on calls. Smart little buggers.

#9988041 - 01/15/21 05:57 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

#9988080 - 01/15/21 08:15 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upi0bEy35v4

CBC: Ontario authorities unsure how to enforce stay-at-home order

According to this: "..police have limited powers to enforce the order, unable to stop cars just to check if someone is complying. If someone is stopped, they are not required to explain why they're not home."

#9988189 - 01/15/21 10:03 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

So, thinking from the perspective of a Hoarding Asian in Markham ....

- Longo's is selling BOGO TP (buy one get one)
- Loblaws is selling the Rooster Rice for $10.99 with membership card thingie

..... Lineups? With less hours to shop? Hell-fucked we are...

Edited by furball (01/15/21 10:21 AM)

#9988210 - 01/15/21 10:17 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

According to this ... even an 'IT Manager' could be considered "essential" ...

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/ntnl-scrt/crtcl-nfrstrctr/esf-sfe-en.aspx

Quote:
Information Technology
- Workers who support command centres, including, but not limited to network operations command centres, broadcast operations control centres and security operations command centres
- Data centre operators, including system administrators, HVAC and electrical engineers, security personnel, IT managers, data transfer solutions engineers, software and hardware engineers, and database administrators
- Client service centres, field engineers, and other technicians supporting critical infrastructure, as well as manufacturers and supply chain vendors that provide hardware and software, and information technology equipment and services (to include microelectronics and semiconductors) for critical infrastructure
- Workers responding to cyber incidents involving critical infrastructure, including medical facilities, governments and federal facilities, energy and utilities, and banks and financial institutions, and other critical infrastructure assets and personnel
- Workers supporting the provision of essential global, national and local infrastructure for computing services (incl. cloud computing services), business infrastructure, web-based services, and critical manufacturing
- Workers supporting communications systems and information technology used by critical infrastructure stakeholders
- Critical corporate support functions such as human resources, payroll, communications, security, finance, procurement, and real estate operations that support the customer and internal company networks

footnote: She is not essential.

Edited by furball (01/15/21 10:19 AM)

#9988273 - 01/15/21 11:03 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
this whole thing is crazy. I don't have kids so obviously I don't have to keep kids busy. But gov says to say home so thats what i've been doing. I can't believe people are this dumb. I go nowhere other than grocery store or costco, and interact with only those in my home. I always wear a mask and stay away from people when I am in the grocery store. I clean everything that comes through my home and wash my hand immediately after receiving a package or the mail. Parcels I bring into the laundry room and place them in the sink for a day or so and then I open them up. Groceries go in there and are washed in there as well then put away. I don't want any risk of getting this shit whatsoever.

Costco is the biggest joke though....people swarm in there. I go near closing time, get my shit and GTFO. It's pretty simple. Sure I miss interacting with other human beings but at the same time I am happy to be not sick, safe, and working from home. I'm one of the lucky ones to have been working from home since March of last year. The last thing I want to be is an unnecessary burden to a healthcare worker who's already looking after way too many other people. I just hope that if I have say a medical emergency unrelated to covid there will be a place for me in a hospital or treatment available to me. But seemingly not if things keep going.

Places like No Frills and Walmart are a no go for me. I went to "food basics" way back in like july when the scare was far less than it is now and I didn't feel safe in there at all. absolutely zero precaution was taking place. I went in to get steak and just quickly got what I needed and boogied out as fast as I could. have not returned since.

Me, my new TV, and the Motortrend streaming service will be good buddies from now till April.

#9988851 - 01/15/21 09:25 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: furball
According to this ... even an 'IT Manager' could be considered "essential" ...

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/ntnl-scrt/crtcl-nfrstrctr/esf-sfe-en.aspx

"Thank you for coming, please sign in here and have a seat in one of those chairs... Mr. Smith will be out with you shortly" is hardly considered any of what you listed.
And even with regards to being essential, that status doesn't carry over to going to someone's house. The absurdity of some retards out there.

Listen, if you wanna go to your bubble, go. I don't care. Be smart. If someone in the bubble is sick, don't go... if you're sick, don't go.
But to say you have a note saying you're essential (regardless of whether you are or not) and using that as a hall pass to go hang with your friend... is fucking bonkers.

She's a fucking idiot.

#9989089 - 01/16/21 03:08 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
This Stay Home order should work in theory.
If Everyone stayed and only see who they see for 2-4 weeks, those ones who were already infected will be sick or have no symptoms, and the ones without it should be fine.

Then no more COVID.

But the reality is there are logistics going in and out of the business with plant workers, grocery stores etc, they constantly see new people.

However, if None-ssentials stayed fuck home not going to buddy's to watch the game, the number of the new cases will dramatically reduced.

But Of course people will go to see their friends and complain about this order.

#9997743 - 01/29/21 11:27 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Latest lockdown measures by Trudeau ... DAYUM...

Should've been done awhile ago, but then he would be framed a dictator. Doing it now, gets blamed for 'too little, too late' ...

Edited by furball (01/29/21 11:29 AM)

#9998105 - 01/29/21 07:58 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
12 months too late.

Last year this time, I spent a week in Cost Rica.
The return flight, noticed that flight attendants were wearing masks while we were boarding. Not spending any attention to Canadian News for a week, I just thought they were wearing for sanitary reasons because it did smell like someone threw up in the plane.
But figured why during the flight when they didn't take them off.

That was exactly 1 year ago.
it took Canadian government 6-7 months to make the face covering mandatory.

#9998107 - 01/29/21 08:05 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

That’s Canada for you. Slow and steady... slowwwwwww being the key word.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9998316 - 01/30/21 03:51 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Hatorade]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
Better than the US. If we did it like China, we'd all be in much better shape.
#9998549 - 01/31/21 09:57 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

This whole 'fabric mask' thing is also kinda messed ... It was originally meant to reduce the strain on medical mask supply, and yet, here we are ...

Remember back in the day, when Canadian Tire had STACKS of N95 and KN95 after the initial shortage? Then they hoarded it all to donate? ... I didn't bother buying, but figured I prob should have ...

Euro's up'ing the requirements for masks:
- https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/22/europe/europe-covid-medical-masks-intl/index.html
- https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/04/europe/face-masks-outdoors-rules-intl/index.html

Edited by furball (01/31/21 10:09 AM)

#9998809 - 02/01/21 08:29 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
i'm all for staying safe/following mask/distance and washing hands, being legit not a dirtbag...

but gov totally fucking lost it since Oct 2020. like hat0r said, they are so slow to adapt for incoming ppl by air, fucking joke. WE ALL SUFFER here following rules, can't go out/do this/do that....yet ppl are BRINGING IN THE FUCKING VIRUS from outside....wtf. so now they do tighter regs but other countries were doing that way before, duuuuurrrrrrr.

this lockdown is also bullshit. they need to target more specifically...yes i know it's hard, but wtf is contact tracing for?? a lot of it is old folks homes and from healthcare. then u have idiot fams that have parties/weddings and so on. morons.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9999169 - 02/01/21 04:57 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: furball
This whole 'fabric mask' thing is also kinda messed ... It was originally meant to reduce the strain on medical mask supply, and yet, here we are ...

Remember back in the day, when Canadian Tire had STACKS of N95 and KN95 after the initial shortage? Then they hoarded it all to donate? ... I didn't bother buying, but figured I prob should have ...

Euro's up'ing the requirements for masks:
- https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/22/europe/europe-covid-medical-masks-intl/index.html
- https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/04/europe/face-masks-outdoors-rules-intl/index.html

I had about 5 or 6 N95 masks for work when we started last year. I still have them to this day. Probably not advisable to be wearing them this long but for work and the crappy places I sometimes go with people NOT following the mask order, I feel a little better wearing these.

I just bought some KN95 to replace as these are finally wearing out

#9999382 - 02/02/21 07:34 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: loudsubz]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Kids are going nuts at home, starting to entertain the idea if putting the older kid in daycare in a month.
#9999833 - 02/02/21 03:36 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Kids are going nuts at home, starting to entertain the idea if putting the older kid in daycare in a month.

it's worth it just for the sanity

Page 5 of 23 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads