rwcraider
(Newbie)
06/30/05 12:03 PM
Re: Front Grill Removal?

I posted the following in the wrong forum:

I realize this HAS TO BE A SIMPLE TASK???
Here's the deal, I'm trying to remove/replace the front grill. I removed all of the plastic plugs up top, but for the life of me I can't see the obvious next step???
I only have the POS generic manual (which isn't Civic specfic, rather it's a civic/integra/crv manual), needless to say it doesn't show how to take the dam thing out?!?
(if ANYONE could give me a tip on where to get started, that would be great)

ChrisLaw
(Post Master Sr)
06/30/05 01:18 PM

four? bolts on the underside of the bumper, they are two screws and two bolts? and two screws in the wheel wells, be careful of your fog light harnesses as you cannot get the bumper very far with them still attached. pull the bumper away and rest it on your foot (recommended 2 ppl job) and unplug the quick disconnects.

rwcraider
(Newbie)
06/30/05 03:27 PM

EXCELLENT....CSi strikes again!?!

koketsucivic
(Jr Poster)
07/04/05 12:37 AM

yup. you need to take the front bumper off to remove the grill

Jimmmmmmah!!!
(Post Master Sr)
07/04/05 09:33 AM

http://www.clubsi.com/front_h.shtml

This is from the main page on CSi.

-Jimmy

ls/vtecteg
(Newbie)
07/04/05 03:00 PM

Well I'm not sure if you got it done yet or not, but here's how I did it. If I remember right, when i did my Si grille into my Ex, I took the little plastic clips up top off, then I removed the four screws by the wheelwell, and removed two screws by the splashguard underneath. After i got the bumper off there were screws connecting the grille to the bumper also, just unscrew those. I made sure to re-use the little metal mounting tab things when i remounted it so that it would align right too.

rwcraider
(Newbie)
07/06/05 05:24 PM

Right on!?! Haven't got to it yet, I'll be replacing the grill this weekend....