turbo_guy
(Post Master Sr)
02/09/18 08:51 AM
Squat question

question for the pros in here. i'm fairly inexperienced with squats. i get sharp pains in the front of my hips (about where front jean pockets are) when i squat. what am i doing wrong? the weight is still low. thanks.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
02/14/18 07:35 AM
Re: Squat question

I was hoping someone with more knowledge would answer your question, but my guess is hip flexor and general hip flexibility are probably the issue. Find some good stretches and work on those for a while too.

Duc
(Post Master Supreme)
02/26/18 09:48 AM

sounds like your form needs work but also look at some mobility work

turbo_guy
(Post Master Sr)
02/26/18 10:17 AM

thanks, i stretch on off days and i warm up with lighter weights. as the weight is increasing, it's really taking it's toll. deadlifts don't bother me a bit.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
02/26/18 02:21 PM

Can you post a video of your squatting?

turbo_guy
(Post Master Sr)
02/26/18 03:08 PM

i meant to have my son do that last night, but forgot. i don't see what i could be doing so wrong that would cause me that much discomfort. my back feels fine, ect.
i pay for it the entire next day.

turbo_guy
(Post Master Sr)
03/13/18 03:40 PM

update-
it's called hip impingement. there's mobility exercises that you can do to help. i started doing those last week (while i took a break from squats). sunday i started again (i did knock off 25lbs) without pain.

WNDYCTYone
(Post Master Supreme)
03/19/18 04:14 PM

I have some hip pointer, hip flexor, or groin pain, something, when I squat with my feet 'too' far apart. Soon as I move my feet in closer no discomfort. This is with either front (my preferred) or back squats.

Jrobski
(Post Master Sr)
07/08/18 12:22 AM

For anyone who has questions about form or pain or anything. This guy is the boss!!

https://youtu.be/xVUzxzVDPyI

Roxanne
(Post Master Supreme)
08/08/18 07:42 AM

What is your warmup routine?

I typically start with a mono-structural warmup (light running, rowing or riding a stationary bike for 5-10 minutes).

Then I follow a routine similar to this to mobilize and get activate:
http://www.stack.com/a/squat-warm-up