Silock
(Post Master Supreme)
06/12/17 12:31 AM
1 year post-injury, still no surgery

Decided against having shoulder surgery, and bought my own home gym in January. Started doing my own rehab and lifting, basically ignoring the doctors. Not usually a good idea. Anyway, I improved my mobility and the "crunchiness" in my shoulder on my own and finally got back to lifting. Hit 245 flat bench today and 190 overhead press. That's a little more than 10% down from where I left off at this time last year. Bench is down more than my overhead press, which is weird. I'm also in a pretty big calorie deficit now, so I'm hoping that once I get back to eating normally, I'll be able to recoup all the losses.

Doesn't look like I'll be doing the surgery at this point in time.

Design
(Post Master Supreme)
06/12/17 12:15 PM
Re: 1 year post-injury, still no surgery

If you can hold off, good for you. I really do consider surgery a last resort.

WNDYCTYone
(Post Master Supreme)
06/12/17 04:04 PM

Fuck, man, that's awesome.

98V-TeC
(Post Master Supreme)
06/14/17 04:12 PM

What type of injury? Any chance you can share the shoulder strengthening exercises?

Silock
(Post Master Supreme)
06/14/17 07:47 PM

AC joint separation, grade 3-4.

What I did for the shoulder:

Started with close-grip push-ups, slowly getting wider over the weeks. Supplemented with internal and external rotation with bands.

Progressed to TRX push-ups, which forced the shoulder to develop stabilization due to the unstable nature of the TRX straps.

After that, I started in on the free weights. Slowly moved up from just the bar to where I am now.

Hope that helps!

No Runners
(Post Master Sr)
07/23/17 06:16 PM

Do you have a fitness blog or recommended reading?