**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/06/16 03:17 PM
Running shoe shape

Why do they come to a god damn point? Don't normal people's toes more or less form a line?

I'm finding even a 1/2 size "large" that I get blisters/contact on my toes more and more in modern shoes.

Impulsive
(Post Master Supreme)
07/06/16 04:38 PM
Re: Running shoe shape

I've never really noticed a problem, though most newer shoes are more "stretch" based fit then the older types. I'll get a small blister/callus on one toe, but otherwise, not really affected.

schtickaz.ai
(Post Master Supreme)
07/06/16 04:54 PM

the only time I ever fucked up my feet was from running barefoot in them in a tri*

*20 mpw lyfe
**shoes sized up 1/2 always now [for running]
***I currently have this nasty blood blister thingy on the side of my big toe near the base of the big toe on the shoe-side and it looks like I got hit with a club and/or need amputation

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/06/16 07:05 PM

Mine don't

Sir Ironpool
(Post Master Supreme)
07/07/16 01:49 AM

Give Altras a try. The foot shaped toebox may be just what you need. I'm currently doing road runs in the Provision 1.5's and am rotating between a few pairs of Olympus on the trail.

They are zero drop so they may take some time to adjust to that, but well worth it IMO.

Lividentity
(Major Member)
07/07/16 07:31 AM

I've been running strictly in Altra Instincts for over a year and love them. Injinji socks and Altras are awesome.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/11/16 12:50 PM

I was eyeballing the Altras

And OB: I have Pearl Izumi's cycling shoes and have noticed they're roomy in the toes.

It's more a general thing though. It seems like every shoe has this round-to-pointy shape of varying degree. Most people's feet don't end in a round-to-pointy shape from what I'e seen.
10 second google search example:

If I'm buying shoes sized for my length, even sized 1/2 a size up I'm getting contact on toes 4-5 (and some occasional on 3).

Maybe I'm alone, I just find it weird shoes are build around a shape not resembling a foot.