**DONOTDELETE**
()
05/01/16 06:31 PM
First half marathon

The wife motivated me to run a half with her, so we've been training for the last 18 weeks to run a half marathon. She followed the training plan better than I did, as I missed 2 weeks due to allergy/sickness. No problem, modified my plan to the 16 week training schedule.
We ran the race and the course was much more hilly than our practice runs. In practice I'm a 8:09-8:10 min mile guy lap after lap around the local schools which is right at 1.0 mile around both schools. My wife ran a practice 13.1 two weeks prior to the race and ran it in 2:17:xx.

I finished in 1:53:xx and she finished in 2:22xx on race day. Afterward we were pretty much ruined

It was a great experience, very motivational, and we both felt accomplished to train and finish successfully. We both agree though we're going back to strength training and shorter 3-5 mile runs due to the wear and tear on our knees and feet.

I wanted to break 1:50, but I'm happy with the results from my first official race.

schtickaz.ai
(Post Master Supreme)
05/01/16 11:21 PM
Re: First half marathon

dam sun, you were like a bajillion times faster than the first one I tried lol, congrats /jelly

did you fade at all like at mile 9/10 like I always do haha

/great job

Sir Ironpool
(Post Master Supreme)
05/02/16 12:28 AM

Nice work man...and to your wife. Those are totally respectable times for your first attempts!

Design
(Post Master Supreme)
05/02/16 10:43 AM

Wow nice time! Especially for your first.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
05/02/16 06:07 PM

Thanks! We were both just happy to finish and not get hurt or rained on.

I started out too strong, first three miles were 7:45-7:50 pace as I was trying to keep up with the 1:45:00 pace guy. I slowed to a 8:15-8:30 pace per the my fitness app on my phone. The mile 10-11 were my slowest, but also had the 45 degree hill. I had a few issues during the race. My shoe lace came untied twice around mile 6-7, then I dropped my phone around mile 10 since I carried it in my hands the whole race. I also carried the car fob in the other hand the whole race as it annoyed me bouncing around in my pocket. I did take a goo pack that I ate at 7-8 mile as j was worried about cramps in my calfs.