stickaz_old
(Post Master Supreme)
08/31/15 04:38 PM
Treadmill pace conversion?

http://www.hillrunner.com/training/tmillchart.php

This about right? Suggests I need to dump about :20s/mile for equivalent effort

Or just set it to 1% to be about parity?

Eg 8:20 pace on road equals 8:00 pace on treadmill at 0.0

Sir Ironpool
(Post Master Supreme)
08/31/15 05:04 PM
Re: Treadmill pace conversion?

The pace on my treadmill is ridiculously innaccurate. I'm running at what would easily be a low 7 pace and that fucker tells me I'm only doing 9 minute miles. Lame!

stickaz_old
(Post Master Supreme)
08/31/15 05:12 PM

Damnit that's what I figured, go off effort then. Sigh

**DONOTDELETE**
()
08/31/15 05:27 PM

Why is op adding a treadmill?

I feel like using a treadmill is fine, but it ultimately a subtly different exercise. So it's best if you've acclimated before just throwing it into your routine. I
also thought OP has the means to accomplish his milage/pace goals

I find treadmill miles harder generally, I know everyone says it's the opposite.

stickaz_old
(Post Master Supreme)
08/31/15 05:55 PM

I just got slapped on 3 week long business trips in the next 5 weeks. In Vegas currently and zero motivation for 5am pace efforts , the other places won't be any better. Blows away my swimming/biking too

I'm annoyed but I should be able to make it on the road for 50% of my miles I think

Plan for tomorrow is set the treadmill to 8:00 for an hour with a puke bucket next to me \:\|

Today ima practice in the wave pool doe, will try to get barelled for as long as they let me

Sir Ironpool
(Post Master Supreme)
08/31/15 06:00 PM

While I do hate my treadmill...I love it just a tad bit more. I'm able to get more workouts in, I can use it for heat training, and I can watch movies while I run.

I also discovered that the 15% max incline setting is fantastic power hike training.

Design
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/15 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: dirtyS13drifta
Why is op adding a treadmill?

I feel like using a treadmill is fine, but it ultimately a subtly different exercise. So it's best if you've acclimated before just throwing it into your routine. I
also thought OP has the means to accomplish his milage/pace goals

I find treadmill miles harder generally, I know everyone says it's the opposite.

Don't knock the treadmill.

In my case I can take the kids with me, knock out a Netflix show, and maintain a base effort run (or harder) all at the same time. Rediculously efficient.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
09/01/15 01:55 PM

Don't get me wrong, I understand why you'd use one. Just wanted to understand why OP was switching it up this late in teh game of prep.

stickaz_old
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/15 02:33 PM

because I'm fucked thats why

**DONOTDELETE**
()
09/01/15 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: NonChosenUsername
because I'm fucked thats why

Well since you HR monitor you're actually tottally fine.
150+ on Pace runs, that's your goal.

stickaz_old
(Post Master Supreme)
09/02/15 12:12 AM

update:
running 8:00/mi pace on a treadmill is pretty easy

update#2: who the fuck closes the hotel gym at 8:30pm?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
09/02/15 10:02 AM

response 1: go faster you lazy bastard
response 2: tell them to screw off, you're a paying customer and you're training.

stickaz_old
(Post Master Supreme)
09/02/15 02:04 PM

I left an impressive spray pattern of sweat on the machine, I'll take a pic this time

like seriously, I had no idea what my sweat pattern on the treadmill would look like, it just flies out all over the ground and on the edges kind of disgusting lol

stickaz_old
(Post Master Supreme)
09/02/15 06:39 PM

Treadmill attempt 2.0 after lunch, not quite as sweaty heh

4 miles at 8:00 pace and 1% incline. Feels good man. HR hit 150 right near the end, steady climb in the 140s after mile 2 or so.

Sir Ironpool
(Post Master Supreme)
09/02/15 07:48 PM

Since I've been using mine for heat training (hottest part of the day, no fans, no ventilation) you should see the sweat carnage. I come in the house and my daughter asks if I've been playing in the sprinklers.

I drape a towel over the display to both protect it and also because I can't stand seeing that mileage slooowly tick by.

Design
(Post Master Supreme)
09/03/15 12:05 PM

Wow.

I usually have a hand towel on the cup holder. Head/hair is definitely the worst.