tmitbyh
(Post Master Supreme)
11/12/06 07:53 PM
November 2006 - Basic Detailing

This month from the Show & Shine forum we have moderator 2000CivicStud bringing us "Basic Detailing" for the month of November. If you have any additional questions please feel free to post them up for him to respond to.

tmitbyh
(Post Master Supreme)
11/12/06 07:54 PM
Re: November 2006 - Basic Detailing

First off, detailing is obviously VERY detail oriented. This means leave no area unturned. Whens its all said and done you should be able to look ANYWHERE in the car and not find dirt or dust or anything that detracts from the appearance of the car. First off, wash the car and let it dry while youre doing the inside. (obviously wipe it off with a microfiber towel first to avoid spotting) As stated in my detailing write-up here divide the car into sections and work the inside with 4 sections. (Front drivers, rear driver side, front pass. side, rear pass side) Use q-tips to get in the vents and remove dust, carpet cleaner for carpets. However, use that AFTER you vaccuum; otherwise youre just going to grind stuff further into the fabric. Be sure to get all door jams, cracks and crevices, etc. When you get the inside done, go outside and and use your Porter Cable 7424 Random Orbital buffer to make it look bangin' good. The Meguiar's 3-step system works well and is not real risky to use at all. When thats done, I prefer to use Armor All's new tire shine. (Orange can with black application pad). This has not turned my tires brown at all, and lasts for well over a week per usage. If you follow this quick summary and also use my aforementioned write-up, youll be fine and your car will look awesome!

2000CheetahStud
(Post Master Supreme)
05/11/07 05:24 PM
Re: November 2006 - Basic Detailing

If you guys have any questions, feel free to consult my websites as well!

http://www.detailing101.blogspot.com <--- a little more in depth than the above

http://www.detailingFAQ.blogspot.com <--- FAQ's about topics that come up a lot with customers

Thanks,
Matt