DanTSiAWD
(Poster)
09/23/14 11:57 PM
Needed more milk

Came home with this:

Recaro package and no sunroof/nav etc. Fun car to drive. Now I need to sell my AP1. \:\(

ReplicaR
(Post Master Sr)
09/24/14 11:50 AM
Re: Needed more milk

Love that car. Seriously thinking about getting one as a daily driver.

scootergeek
(Post Master Supreme)
09/24/14 05:19 PM

While my heart says Abarth, my head says Fiesta ST when it comes to the "if I had to buy a new car right now" question.

A_MantisAdministrator
(Post Master Supreme)
09/25/14 12:14 AM

Nice! Light, quick, practical hatch ftw.

DanTSiAWD
(Poster)
09/25/14 05:45 PM

My good friend has an Abarth and it is a very fun car. It's much sexier than the Fiesta, my girlfriend thinks it's the cutest car ever and girls always dig the Abarth... borrowed it for a weekend and I had 10 people say nice car/thumbs up etc. His is white with red mirors/graphics and those really nice white wheels.

BUT... the seats aren't very good. The ergonomics are terrible. The engine has a bit more turbo lag. The transmission's MEH, the steering is OK but the turning radius is awful. The build quality, specifically the switches and door handles is terrible. If you hit the heated seat button, the button doesn't illuminate (it does a tiny bit I think?) so you can't tell if it's on/off, the dash pod is awful, the head unit looks like it's from a 20 year old VW (the Ford is amazing) and the list goes on and on. The brakes aren't wonderful, but the tires, suspension and engine are very good. Overall it's a fun little car and has a lot more charm/curb appeal than the Fiesta, but the Ford blows it away in overall package. Oh btw, the exhaust note is sweet on both of the cars. The Abarth has cool raspy backfires and the Fiesta has a great engine intake sound from the sound tube and exhaust is nice.

hustler
(Post Master Sr)
09/30/14 06:46 PM

Dig the black/red color combo. I like the looks of this car better than the Mazda3.

Serendipitous
(Post Master Supreme)
10/02/14 08:36 PM

Nice ride!

DanTSiAWD
(Poster)
10/21/14 10:46 PM

Mods!

First...

Second, one of these stiffer rear engine mounts:
http://www.cobbtuning.com/Ford-Fiesta-ST-Rear-Motor-Mount-p/892001.htm

Stock engine mount is made of squishy cheese and causes the engine to swing back and forth excessively. That seems to have stiffened it up. Only a hair bit more vibration initially until I bumped the RPMs a tad using...

Third:
http://www.mountuneusa.com/COBB-V3-Accessport-ECU-Flasher-Focus-ST-Fiesta-ST-p/ap3-for-001fa.htm

Now it has many more torques.

It really picked up a lot in the low-mid range, much better throttle response and now burns the tires pretty good in 1st gear. I've only tried 91 octane so far \:\(

I'm not sure how to drive a fast FWD car but it's pretty peppy and the car itself is GREAT. Chassis, brakes, seats are all amazing. It rides like a GTI with better spring/shock combo IMO. I am a sucker for the bells and whistles, Microsoft / Sony Sync stereo thing and keyless entry /start is all great. Lots of fun to drive but no more drifting!

I don't know if I'll mod it anymore... but I imagine a downpipe and intercooler would help a lot. Those are apparently the big restrictions.

A_MantisAdministrator
(Post Master Supreme)
10/23/14 05:29 PM

Nice.... thats a crap-ton of extra tq under 3k rpm in a car that light. \:o Must make a huge difference in regular everyday driving.

madmatt
(Post Master Supreme)
12/10/14 05:33 AM

holy shit! 243 wtqs!

What kind of gas mileage are you getting?

g96nt
(Jr Poster)
12/10/14 10:22 AM

My old 9-3 made that kind of tq, and it was a LOT heavier, I'm sure.
I'm certain that this is a blast.
Also, having that kind of torque down-low is awesome for city driving, to avoid shifting a million times in traffic whenever someone slows down a few mph.

I'm sure it's a different animal than the s2k in that respect.

ScottStaypuff
(Post Master Supreme)
12/10/14 04:48 PM

That is a super low tq peak. feelsgoodman.jpg

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
12/11/14 11:57 AM

I can't wait to give my ST a tune in the spring. I was thinking of going FRPP and keeping my warranty. There's been great reviews about Ford's box tune.

DanTSiAWD
(Poster)
12/18/14 09:25 PM

Gas mileage took a hit with the tune, people claim it doesn't but if I drive it pretty easy, barely using boost for a whole tank I averaged around 26.8 MPG (indicated 28.9 MPG on the gauge). The range isn't great on this car (fuel light comes on at 10 gallons in or so(?) and I don't like running a car hard if the gas is lower than that. When it was stock I got about 30 MPG driving it the same way. Now if I floor it everywhere (which I tend to do) it gets around 22-23 MPG. I think it's rated at 26/35

Originally Posted By: Moof
I can't wait to give my ST a tune in the spring. I was thinking of going FRPP and keeping my warranty. There's been great reviews about Ford's box tune.

Focus or Fiesta? I don't think there's an FRPP tune for my car. Only the Mountune "215" thing, but it's a lot more money and you have to pay a dealer to do the installations.

Also I should add I love this car. I really like the electronics/voice command/stereo etc., heated seats (the Recaros are amazing) and it's a great car on a tight twisty road. The steering and traction are great. Low speed 0-20 sprints around stoplight-corners are a waste of tires/gas though. FWD fails there.

Only mods now are the filter, Cobb engine mount, and Mountune software. I have some gas pedal riser thing to put the pedals at the same height but haven't installed it yet.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
12/19/14 12:14 AM

g96nt
(Jr Poster)
12/23/14 08:15 AM

I'm not sure how your tune does, but one of the cool things about our tunes is that they're gear-specific. My wagon will only make about 200lb/ft in first gear, but 350 in all other gears. (normally, Saab limits in 1st/2nd, but I just wanted first, since used to do some racing with it)

Maybe see if your tuner has that capability. It may save you some tire/gas/wear+tear.

meizu001
(Newbie)
06/17/15 08:42 PM

Recaro package and no sunroof/nav etc. Fun car to drive. Now I need to sell my AP1